Incoming in 1.6 - Disabled Team Damage

friendly fire tk td team damage 1.6 update update 1.6

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Playz4Free #21 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 20:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1531 battles
If the reason for removing team damage is to beat the trolls, you'll just make it worse.

Natanifloof #22 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 20:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5020 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
One thing I can guarantee you I'm going to do if this reaches the main game: Try to kill an enemy with a ricochet off a teammate

JohnnyFave #23 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55146 battles

A good idea. 

(anyone else notice the girl in the video has a rather deep voice?)

SawUcomin #24 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Once again another game changing update without prior input from the player base!

This will lead to driving in front of any player that is ready to shoot so they may take the kill advantage and at the same time costing their allied player the price of shells.

Arty players will just shoot into the cluster as it will now have minimal consequences!

How inept in forthought is this decision!

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 10 2019 - 21:19.

SawUcomin #25 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Jul 10 2019 - 19:38, said:

Don't like it. Any change that decreases the need for situational awareness simply dumbs down the game.

Shoot blindly into the brawling mass 300 m away - Why not?

Pull in front of the gun on an auto loader dumping his clip so you can get your shoot in - Why not?

Drive haphazardly across the field of fire between your team mates and the enemy - Why not?

Also I like how this is another thing where you have to treat arty differently. You guys really need to make a decision on arty already. Either remove it entirely and piss off half the player base; or start treating it fairly to other classes and piss off the other half of the player base. Treating it like the unwanted stepchild with all these class specific half-measures isn't making anyone happy.

Well said +1

DomoSapien #26 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:13

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14699 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 10 2019 - 12:59, said:

Removal of team damage, that's excellent.

However, far more pressing concerns: I WANT THAT RED DIGI CAMO IN YOUR SIG.  GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE

I want it too. But they won't listen to me D: If someone knows how to make these textures actual mod files in-game though, Firefox has the .dds files for the texture. If someone gets me a working mod for muh wg digi camo, I'll give em 3 decals as a token of my thanks. 

Regarding the comments about the removal of the barrel-in-barrel exploit - you usually don't see it happening because you're busy actually playing the game, not hanging out and watching people grief artillery. It's infrequent, but it does generate a decent amount of support tickets monthly.

Regarding comments about whether or not you will turn blue for shooting allies if you're not driving an SPG - I've reached out to the powers-at-be to get some clarification in this regard.

SawUcomin #27 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostTombs_, on Jul 10 2019 - 20:15, said:

Thank you WG!

Yes,

Thank you for Dumbing down this game another couple of notches!!

Hasn't anyone let you know that pre-schoolers usually don't have the same access to mommy and daddies credit cards

as the teenie/tweenie-boppers you have been courting.

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 10 2019 - 21:25.

RHeadshot #28 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles
More bad decisions by people who don't actually play their own game much.

Crypticshock #29 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19221 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS
It would be great if we were told that our Physics Abuse report resulted in action towards the player. With the removal of team damage there will possibly be a higher rate of Physics Abuse. It will result in more frustration for the player if they deem that there reporting is useless and players can troll ram/push them freely.

Rawrlynn #30 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32114 battles

overall the damage removal is a bad idea. ( I like the concept but can cause even more griefing)     

example ---  player a lines up a shot, Player B keeps pulling in front of him taking the hit, he won't take damage so he does that all game long.

in this example, instead of shooting said player they will just keep in front of their gun so they can't make any shots, and the offender takes no damage. but according to game rules he would not be breaking any of the rules but still griefing and being toxic to the game. In reality this will only drive players off even faster. 

the only way it could work and not have any toxic repercussions is to make it so all ally shots go through their teammates which also ruins game play because it then really isn't a team match. 

as for the arty haters,  and why arty stun should be removed with this endeavor is ARTY isn't that accurate and because of that there is no idea where your splash radius is going to be. 

I think they should just reduce team damage by say 75% so ally shots only do 25% of the normal damage to ally vehicles. this would still impose a penalty for pulling in front of someone shooting and help reduce toxic behavior.  (my numbers are just for example)

Rawrlynn #31 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32114 battles

View PostNatanifloof, on Jul 10 2019 - 20:59, said:

One thing I can guarantee you I'm going to do if this reaches the main game: Try to kill an enemy with a ricochet off a teammate

a clan mate did that a while back off my tank in skirmishes.... it was epic. 

LeaveIT2Beaver #32 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 37234 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 13:

Damaging or destroying allied vehicles by crushing
Drowning allied vehicles via physics abuse

Recently four or five of us jumped on a Maus in water and pushed, fired, rammed to drown him. Two players turned blue due to accidental ramming and crushing. 

It seems WG is not willing to get off the pot and just stop all team damage, just to stop some of the tickets coming into customer service marked "physics abuse" (which is good business I might add).\

There needs to be a real appeal avenue on the  Damaging or destroying allied vehicles by crushing Drowning allied vehicles via physics abuse vs. cut and paste replies

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Jul 10 2019 - 21:38.

burnemup #33 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 62895 battles
  • [RS] RS

I want to keep team damage.

Simply because this makes the game more "real".

your actions can cause damage to yourself , your team , and the enemy . All with the same characteristics. 

Realism will be lost with no team damage...

CynicalDutchie #34 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 43009 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 21:13, said:

Regarding the comments about the removal of the barrel-in-barrel exploit - you usually don't see it happening because you're busy actually playing the game, not hanging out and watching people grief artillery. It's infrequent, but it does generate a decent amount of support tickets monthly.

It would be quite obvious if an arty died from his own shell with a friendly next to him. I have never seen it happen personally. Speaking of griefing though, giving arty players a free pass on it it just Fing RTed. It isn't bad enough as it is? We should just let them get away with it without fear of retaliation?       

Rawrlynn #35 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32114 battles

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jul 10 2019 - 21:43, said:

It would be quite obvious if an arty died from his own shell with a friendly next to him. I have never seen it happen personally. Speaking of griefing though, giving arty players a free pass on it it just Fing RTed. It isn't bad enough as it is? We should just let them get away with it without fear of retaliation?       

why grief your own artillery, I have seen many matches that if people didn't tk their own artillery they could have won the match because they couldn't get passes those hull down heavy armor tanks.

RHeadshot #36 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles

View PostCrypticshock, on Jul 10 2019 - 21:27, said:

It would be great if we were told that our Physics Abuse report resulted in action towards the player. With the removal of team damage there will possibly be a higher rate of Physics Abuse. It will result in more frustration for the player if they deem that there reporting is useless and players can troll ram/push them freely.

We are told it results in action.  There's absolutely zero proof that what WG tells us is true, however.

YANKEE137 #37 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 13851 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I wonder if spawn will now erupt unfriendly fire to go with all the bumping ?

TastyPastry #38 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 28983 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
The fact that the video opens with a game designer, Dmitriy, stating that friendly fire's only purpose is "express[ing] negative emotions in the game," shows just how little the developers understand about their own game. Boiling down FF to such a simplistic statement is exactly how we get sweeping changes to the game with little regard to side effects. 

DrWho_ #39 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 22930 battles

View PostTastyPastry, on Jul 10 2019 - 22:00, said:

The fact that the video opens with a game designer, Dmitriy, stating that friendly fire's only purpose is "express[ing] negative emotions in the game," shows just how little the developers understand about their own game. Boiling down FF to such a simplistic statement is exactly how we get sweeping changes to the game with little regard to side effects. 

If I could give you more than one upvote I would

Mikosah #40 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:17

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View Postburnemup, on Jul 10 2019 - 14:37, said:

I want to keep team damage.

Simply because this makes the game more "real".

your actions can cause damage to yourself , your team , and the enemy . All with the same characteristics. 

Realism will be lost with no team damage...

I would have said that this is the best reason to keep team-damage, but remember that this is WoT, the most casual and cartoonish tank game on the market. If the guns didn't already feel like glorified ping-pong ball launchers, I would have agreed. But things being as they are, removing team-damage is a sensible move. Nothing lost, plenty gained.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users