friendly fire tk td team damage 1.6 update update 1.6

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Rawrlynn #41 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32114 battles

View PostMikosah, on Jul 10 2019 - 22:17, said:

I would have said that this is the best reason to keep team-damage, but remember that this is WoT, the most casual and cartoonish tank game on the market. If the guns didn't already feel like glorified ping-pong ball launchers, I would have agreed. But things being as they are, removing team-damage is a sensible move. Nothing lost, plenty gained.

instead of players getting shot there will be a lot worse ways to grieve players, and some have already been done.  the barrel block maneuver should be fixed though.  

I think removing team damage will remove a lot of players from the game... especially the ones that don't like the crap show Frontlines is with no team damage.  soon they will add in respawns and supply circles into random battles too.

the best part of any shooter game is the aspect of team damage. if I didn't want team damage I'd go back to raiding in warcrack

Wa11etWarrior #42 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8164 battles
  • [LK7TH] LK7TH
Perfect example of the bias that is the Anti Arty movement.  Arty gets punished once again, by causing teammates to get stunned, for providing close in support while the rest of the team can now run around like hyped up Mt Dew abusers not having to worry about where they drive or where they shoot.  Folks who have problems with Vertigo and other movement related issues play primarily arty since they don't have to move around a lot yet can still enjoy the game.  Decisions like this just make the game harder for those folks, encouraging them to look elsewhere to play and spend their money in support.

Maltfourti #43 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:54

Captain

• Players
  • 45465 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-

You're looking at this all wrong! Just imagine this: arty that cannot damage itself. Losing and want to deny your furious opponents their righteous revenge by sticking your barrel into the nearest solid object and suiciding? Too bad you have to sit there and take it! Decide to cliff dive to avoid justice? No one pushed you tho, so you just bounce off the rocks and wait for your enema! Want to go swimming to escape payback? Too bad, arty now floats!

I know I'm just dreaming, but damn that'd be awesome.

_Ayreon_ #44 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:05

Captain

• Players
  • 52004 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Jesus... It appears to me that people really want this game dead... Could only be my feeling... idk...

drunkguy23 #45 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:18

Private

• Players
  • 39008 battles

I just started playing again after taking about 2 1/2 years off. I originally quit because WG was turning a great game into a POS. I'll admit, some things have gotten a little better, but some things have gotten worse. I was optimistic that WG was maybe finally listening to their player base and making the appropriate changes, etc. This move clearly illustrates that they have learned nothing about improving this game for the players.

This is a team war game that requires common sense, situational awareness, and strategy. An important part of the strategy is selective shot taking. Knowing when to fire and when not to is important. Firing at the wrong time or pulling in front of a teammate who is firing should have consequences. That makes the game more realistic. Giving selfish or stupid players damage protection for pulling out in front of a teammate to steal a kill ridiculous. Allowing arty to fire into a group of people to only damage the enemy team is just f-ing STUPID. Now if a lower tier tank is face hugging or circling a higher tier tank, and kicking his [edited]by correctly outplaying his opponent, arty can just fire off a shot that only kills the enemy player. Now a player with a big gun and a long reload time, who patiently and correctly calculates the optimum time to take a shot, can have his shot absorbed and nullified by some moron on his own team that carelessly pulls out in front of him. That is absolutely unfair BS. If this is an attempt to lower "toxicity" in the game, YOU HAVE FAILED BEFORE IT EVEN GETS IMPLEMENTED.

Note to the beta-male dev from the video concerned with game "toxicity":

1.) 3/4 of the crappy tanks we are forced to grind through causes high levels of toxicity.

2.) The ridiculous amount of experience and credits required to grind through each level of tank causes high levels of toxicity.

3.) You selling us premium tanks with certain stat sets for real money, then nerfing them a few months later causes EXTREME levels of toxicity.

4. Your continued incompetence in fixing the broken parts of the game year after year causes high levels of toxicity.

5.) Your inability to introduce new maps or fun events on a semi-regular basis causes high levels of toxicity.

6.) You continuing to introduce asinine metrics, like disabling team damage, causes high levels of toxicity.

If your goal is to lower in game toxicity, try starting on the issues that have been here since day 1 instead of creating new ones...

RobertViktor68 #46 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56692 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View Postbilzbobaggins, on Jul 10 2019 - 14:29, said:

And we divide by the lowest common denominator again.

huh?

Avalon304 #47 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 22460 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 13:13, said:

I want it too. But they won't listen to me D: If someone knows how to make these textures actual mod files in-game though, Firefox has the .dds files for the texture. If someone gets me a working mod for muh wg digi camo, I'll give em 3 decals as a token of my thanks. 

Regarding the comments about the removal of the barrel-in-barrel exploit - you usually don't see it happening because you're busy actually playing the game, not hanging out and watching people grief artillery. It's infrequent, but it does generate a decent amount of support tickets monthly.

Regarding comments about whether or not you will turn blue for shooting allies if you're not driving an SPG - I've reached out to the powers-at-be to get some clarification in this regard.

I might be able to do this... who am I contacting again?

RobertViktor68 #48 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56692 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
Good Idea.  I don't know what these guys are complaining about.

SawUcomin #49 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jul 10 2019 - 21:43, said:

It would be quite obvious if an arty died from his own shell with a friendly next to him. I have never seen it happen personally. Speaking of griefing though, giving arty players a free pass on it it just Fing RTed. It isn't bad enough as it is? We should just let them get away with it without fear of retaliation?       

In 8 years and 44 K games I have never seen this either

(and I play SPG's every day about 40% of games)

SawUcomin #50 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 23:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Looks like War gaming is finally getting around to catering to those who feel the need for safe spaces in this game!

What's Next, will be Jazz hands in lieu of shell noises?

Parmenter #51 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 20732 battles
  • [B_T_T] B_T_T
This is the best news from WG in ages, and I have advocated for team damage removal for years. I have been deliberately shot for refusing to leave an enemy cap. I have been shot because someone 'ordered' me to relocate and I didn't. I have been TK'd in spawn seconds into a match because 'Your stats suck, we'll do better without you'. In every one of those instances (all of which have happened to me more than once since I started playing in 2011) the player thought it was their right to do so.  Further, I should not be fined because someone drove into my line of fire, or I bump someone in the course of maneuver. Likewise, the pittance of credits I get for being damaged or destroyed by the sort of player I described above, is hardly fair compensation for having a match ruined, sometimes  before I even get a chance to contribute. WG is right on this: It's an old and toxic mechanic that needs to go. It should've been done a long time ago, and I welcome this change.

Edited by Parmenter, Jul 11 2019 - 00:23.

M4Shermanmaster #52 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 00:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 7121 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK
I just thought I would put this out there, to solve the arty clicking on the middle of a face hug situation, maybe if the shell hits a friendly tank, all damage and splash effects are absorbed by the friendly tank, resulting in no damage or stun to either tanks

RogerLPZ #53 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 01:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20952 battles
  • [E-201] E-201

Disagree, the game will be more toxic than before, they will abuse the physics of the game again.
For example, I had two battles where the player pushed me and got behind me causing the enemy to shoot me, insulting the TDs in the game, at least the player can be dropped of the battle shooting him and reporting, they did not receive ban for that when I saw in their resumes, but victory was achieved cause we stopped in time.

With the friendly fire disabled more trolls will appear abusing the game physics, pushing the allies to being shooted by enemy, going behind of hidden ally to be shooted, revealing the position of ally that knows how to hide, etc.

Blucraft #54 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 01:39

Captain

• Players
  • 9054 battles

I think it's a good move.  But the reaction is pretty typical :sceptic:...

-Blu

Insanefriend #55 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 01:50

Captain

• Players
  • 45299 battles

I don't get the people saying the game will be more toxic since you can't shoot physics abuse players.  You all ready can't shoot those type of trolls without the trolls winning under the current system.  Physics abuse is a thing now with team damage and without it, it will still be the same thing.  Just save the replay and send it in to Wargamming.  Wargamming just needs to make sure to check those replays and update what info they need to quickly process the replays.

This does stop people from TKing friendly arty which happens much more then physics abuse.

Wa11etWarrior #56 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 02:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8164 battles
  • [LK7TH] LK7TH

View PostRogerLPZ, on Jul 10 2019 - 19:06, said:

Disagree, the game will be more toxic than before, they will abuse the physics of the game again.
For example, I had two battles where the player pushed me and got behind me causing the enemy to shoot me, insulting the TDs in the game, at least the player can be dropped of the battle shooting him and reporting, they did not receive ban for that when I saw in their resumes, but victory was achieved cause we stopped in time.

With the friendly fire disabled more trolls will appear abusing the game physics, pushing the allies to being shooted by enemy, going behind of hidden ally to be shooted, revealing the position of ally that knows how to hide, etc.

Exactly.  This type of game "style" has become more common of late, and these proposed changes will just provide more incentive for it to become a regular thing.  Why risk exposing yourself to damage when you can push your lighter teammate as out there as your shield and not face any discipline.

Wingnuttz33 #57 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 02:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21637 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

View PostJohnnyFave, on Jul 10 2019 - 15:05, said:

A good idea. 

(anyone else notice the girl in the video has a rather deep voice?)

NO, but i did notice the guys voice was very High.

Wingnuttz33 #58 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 02:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21637 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 10 2019 - 15:13, said:

I want it too. But they won't listen to me D: If someone knows how to make these textures actual mod files in-game though, Firefox has the .dds files for the texture. If someone gets me a working mod for muh wg digi camo, I'll give em 3 decals as a token of my thanks. 

Regarding the comments about the removal of the barrel-in-barrel exploit - you usually don't see it happening because you're busy actually playing the game, not hanging out and watching people grief artillery. It's infrequent, but it does generate a decent amount of support tickets monthly.

Regarding comments about whether or not you will turn blue for shooting allies if you're not driving an SPG - I've reached out to the powers-at-be to get some clarification in this regard.

Email me on what is it you need.

P0NYTANK #59 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 02:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41949 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

How about a better reporting system for the team damage or TK?

- Like a immediately Pusnishment after battle to those that TK.
- Acummulative Penalties for those that make Team Damage and a day of punishment or something like that

I mean, you'r killing the dynamics on the game, a war game without Team Damage, it's just not right and it's boring...

Drikan #60 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 02:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 18342 battles
  • [NET] NET

View PostP0NYTANK, on Jul 10 2019 - 20:34, said:

killing the dynamics on the game, a war game without Team Damage, it's just not right and it's boring...

Agreed.

Risk of team damage promotes being aware of your surroundings.  Needing to think about what your doing is more engaging game play to my point of view.  Not a fan of removing team damage.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users