Incoming in 1.6 - Disabled Team Damage

friendly fire tk td team damage 1.6 update update 1.6

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Fairline360 #81 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12396 battles
Does anyone still get paid to make those dumb decisions?

ErwinRommel85 #82 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 19:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29952 battles
  • [ROMEL] ROMEL
Terrible decision.

Breaks more of what little immersion remains, lessons the need for situational awareness, eliminates a means of removing frustration that had automatic penalization to one that is reported and bannable, and was rarely an issue to begin with.

Wa11etWarrior #83 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 20:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8167 battles
  • [LK7TH] LK7TH

View PostWIZD, on Jul 11 2019 - 01:44, said:

Yes they all bought the only premium arty in the game.

Cough cough, some of us have the Sexton as well. :)

WIZD #84 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12043 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostWa11etWarrior, on Jul 11 2019 - 20:02, said:

Cough cough, some of us have the Sexton as well. :)

Lol, my bad. I do apologize good Sir or Ma'am.

DomoSapien #85 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:24

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14699 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
So I've received some additional information that I'd like to share:

All the remaining conditions for blue status will apply, other than team damage since that will no longer be a factor. It will still be possible to turn blue via stuns, overturning allies resulting in their subsequent destruction, drowning allies, pushing allies off of cliffs resulting in their damage or destruction, and crushing allies.

If you choose to drive around in a normal vehicle and harmlessly plink off of your allies, in theory you should not turn blue. However, doing so is considered passive play and may result in sanctions if reported via battle replay.

As I anticipated this topic has generated a substantial amount of feedback, which will be compiled and forwarded to the dev team.

CynicalDutchie #86 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 43009 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 11 2019 - 22:24, said:

All the remaining conditions for blue status will apply, other than team damage since that will no longer be a factor. It will still be possible to turn blue via stuns, overturning allies resulting in their subsequent destruction, drowning allies, pushing allies off of cliffs resulting in their damage or destruction, and crushing allies.

If you choose to drive around in a normal vehicle and harmlessly plink off of your allies, in theory you should not turn blue. However, doing so is considered passive play and may result in sanctions if reported via battle replay.

As I anticipated this topic has generated a substantial amount of feedback, which will be compiled and forwarded to the dev team.

Except you don't. I tested it as you can read in this topic: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/608056-arty-will-get-punished-for-stunning-friendlies/ and it is quite clear that neither Minsk nor the automated system cares about you griefing on friendlies with arty. It doesn't care currently either, arty can pretty much get away with anything.

JakeTheMystic #87 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 24476 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

You: Accidentally bumps ally

Them: Retaliates by pushing you into the enemy

You: Die

Them:

Spoiler

Just because you remove one form of retaliation, they will just be toxic in other ways. Its an online game, you just expect it at this point. There are far too many hidden implications WG is failing to notice and its just going to make things worse... Honestly, how often do you take team damage? For me, like once every 50 games

McPig #88 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 39073 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

A thought.  If there is no team damage, will a FF hit increase the players "hit" counter positively and without the negative of a penalty.  Perhaps if WOT had properly policed the infantile jerks who start FF incidents by a ban for X number of FF incidents in a quarter; or made the points penalty for damage to a friendly actually HURT the offender the tweaking of the game engine would not be necessary.  By a hefty FF fine I say ALL the points earned for that battle times a factor of 3.  That would get their attention.  Personally, there are a group of clods on the NA servers who  can't act like adults either in chat or with their TK actions be it shooting, ramming, or shoving allied players.  There needs to be something done to stop it but THIS change is not it.

Arty.  Love it, hate it.  But it's so unrealistic it's comical.  IF a target tank is spotted and moves at least 25 map meters from the spotting point, the arty should lose any map reference UNLESS the vehicle is re-spotted at, or in transit to, the new location.  Currently it seems as though the one gun is able to keep tracking the target even after the spotting unit has lost target visual.   Correcting that would make the arty much more realistic.

LOSE THE WHEELIES:  JUST PLAIN STUPID IDEA. They are too fast, too armored, and too over gunned.  I drove a wheeled vehicle in Nam (M706) and it had 1/2 inch of armor that couldn't stop a .51 caliber Soviet HMG, serious shell fragments, or much of anything serious like a RPG round.   Seeing similar vehicles take out MBT's with regularity is fantasy.  The Saudis engaged Iraqi tanks at Khafji with M706's and the landscape was littered with burnt out wheelies and their crispy critter crews.  So I feel those in game are way OP and way to hard to hit.  Many of the wagons in my garage cannot spin/traverse fast enough to get hits on them unless by blind luck.

Redo the Tier structure.  They should be grouped by a time line of when the vehicle was, or would have been operationally deployed (for the never were tanks),   It is absolutely ridiculous to have a WW2 tank facing off against a 1960 era tank with auto0loaders, and other more modern enhancements.  Frankly, I would not weep if ALL the never-were, draft board dreaming, tanks were removed.  Like the E25, which if it had that size, that armor, that gun, and that engine the crews would have to sit on the roof, holding the main gun rounds in their laps.

Lastly, the use of the out-of-tank zoom out to spot vehicle OVER several story tall buildings or rocks has to go:  It's like a "god mode" where the commander can virtually leap over tall buildings in  a single bound.  Calling in arty on targets or other tanks gunfire on a tank that in a real world they could not even see.   From the game engine standpoint, that would be an interesting nut to crack.  As you need the out of hatch views, but not the over building spotting power.

VillainIV #89 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [IMCDN] IMCDN

Wargaming, I think you have finally done it, I have been here since closed Beta and now I feel my years playing this game, and spending a small fortune on it, are nearing the end. I understand that Team Damage is an issue, that is because it is a real situation that happens in warfare everyday. Why do we want to play a game where it requires very little thought to strategy, tactics or consequences of high risk behavior? You are completely watering this game down to the point it is becoming boring and stale. If you think you are losing players at such an alarming rate because of "Team Damage" you are not only sorely mistaken, this game, once my all time favorite (no more) is doomed. You got rid of the "toxic" chat, players still left, now you will get rid of team damage, players will still be leaving in droves...You are making the game boring, unskilled and saccharine. Perhaps instead of holding everyone's hands and singing we are the world, you should make the game fun again like it used to be. This is World of Tanks, not world of sunshine and lollipops. You want a tank warfare game where nobody gets upset? Show me a game where nobody ever gets mad at the other players and I will show you a boring game that is not worth my time to play...If people are so thin skinned they cant take a little trash talk or the very rare instance of "Team Damage" they should go play World of Easter Bunnies...Stop trying to protect us from something we do not need protecting from...You have a system in place for dealing with this already, but you are just too lazy or incompetent to enforce it. If players repeatedly damage allies, BAN THEM FOR LIFE! Everyone has an accident now and then, that's simulated war, there are friendly fire casualties, officers and NCO's killed by their own troops...Its a fact. You want a realistic "WAR" game, but you want to make sure nobody gets hurt or upset...grow up. You can block toxic players in chat, why did we need to eliminate team chat? I am sure it is a matter of time before we lose chat altogether lest someone say something nasty about another players mom...sounds ridiculous right? Never happen? Just wait, the Safety Police at Wargaming are coming for your fun...I am going on record now, follow through with this stupidity and you can have my badge and gun, 'cause I am done...but I guess since introducing bots is not far off, nobody will notice...or care. Is Armored Warfare still around? I might give that another shake...

VillainIV

VillainIV #90 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [IMCDN] IMCDN
And McPig...WELL SAID SIR!!!!

VillainIV #91 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 21606 battles
  • [IMCDN] IMCDN

View Postdrunkguy23, on Jul 10 2019 - 14:18, said:

I just started playing again after taking about 2 1/2 years off. I originally quit because WG was turning a great game into a POS. I'll admit, some things have gotten a little better, but some things have gotten worse. I was optimistic that WG was maybe finally listening to their player base and making the appropriate changes, etc. This move clearly illustrates that they have learned nothing about improving this game for the players.

This is a team war game that requires common sense, situational awareness, and strategy. An important part of the strategy is selective shot taking. Knowing when to fire and when not to is important. Firing at the wrong time or pulling in front of a teammate who is firing should have consequences. That makes the game more realistic. Giving selfish or stupid players damage protection for pulling out in front of a teammate to steal a kill ridiculous. Allowing arty to fire into a group of people to only damage the enemy team is just f-ing STUPID. Now if a lower tier tank is face hugging or circling a higher tier tank, and kicking his [edited]by correctly outplaying his opponent, arty can just fire off a shot that only kills the enemy player. Now a player with a big gun and a long reload time, who patiently and correctly calculates the optimum time to take a shot, can have his shot absorbed and nullified by some moron on his own team that carelessly pulls out in front of him. That is absolutely unfair BS. If this is an attempt to lower "toxicity" in the game, YOU HAVE FAILED BEFORE IT EVEN GETS IMPLEMENTED.

Note to the beta-male dev from the video concerned with game "toxicity":

1.) 3/4 of the crappy tanks we are forced to grind through causes high levels of toxicity.

2.) The ridiculous amount of experience and credits required to grind through each level of tank causes high levels of toxicity.

3.) You selling us premium tanks with certain stat sets for real money, then nerfing them a few months later causes EXTREME levels of toxicity.

4. Your continued incompetence in fixing the broken parts of the game year after year causes high levels of toxicity.

5.) Your inability to introduce new maps or fun events on a semi-regular basis causes high levels of toxicity.

6.) You continuing to introduce asinine metrics, like disabling team damage, causes high levels of toxicity.

If your goal is to lower in game toxicity, try starting on the issues that have been here since day 1 instead of creating new ones...

Again...very well said...wake up WARGAMING! It is not too late to turn this around...but it's close

Alicit #92 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 01:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 36848 battles

View PostVillainIV, on Jul 12 2019 - 00:31, said:

Wargaming, I think you have finally done it, I have been here since closed Beta and now I feel my years playing this game, and spending a small fortune on it, are nearing the end. I understand that Team Damage is an issue, that is because it is a real situation that happens in warfare everyday. Why do we want to play a game where it requires very little thought to strategy, tactics or consequences of high risk behavior? You are completely watering this game down to the point it is becoming boring and stale. If you think you are losing players at such an alarming rate because of "Team Damage" you are not only sorely mistaken, this game, once my all time favorite (no more) is doomed. You got rid of the "toxic" chat, players still left, now you will get rid of team damage, players will still be leaving in droves...You are making the game boring, unskilled and saccharine. Perhaps instead of holding everyone's hands and singing we are the world, you should make the game fun again like it used to be. This is World of Tanks, not world of sunshine and lollipops. You want a tank warfare game where nobody gets upset? Show me a game where nobody ever gets mad at the other players and I will show you a boring game that is not worth my time to play...If people are so thin skinned they cant take a little trash talk or the very rare instance of "Team Damage" they should go play World of Easter Bunnies...Stop trying to protect us from something we do not need protecting from...You have a system in place for dealing with this already, but you are just too lazy or incompetent to enforce it. If players repeatedly damage allies, BAN THEM FOR LIFE! Everyone has an accident now and then, that's simulated war, there are friendly fire casualties, officers and NCO's killed by their own troops...Its a fact. You want a realistic "WAR" game, but you want to make sure nobody gets hurt or upset...grow up. You can block toxic players in chat, why did we need to eliminate team chat? I am sure it is a matter of time before we lose chat altogether lest someone say something nasty about another players mom...sounds ridiculous right? Never happen? Just wait, the Safety Police at Wargaming are coming for your fun...I am going on record now, follow through with this stupidity and you can have my badge and gun, 'cause I am done...but I guess since introducing bots is not far off, nobody will notice...or care. Is Armored Warfare still around? I might give that another shake...

VillainIV

Could not have said it better. 

Been in this game since closed beta as well. Have brought to this game at least 12 players and we have ALL spent money. Not one of them will stay if you remove the team damage. Game play in front line is VERY different than daily random battles.

Fire who ever came up with this idea.

Parmenter #93 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 01:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 20797 battles
  • [B_T_T] B_T_T

View PostSawUcomin, on Jul 11 2019 - 05:36, said:

So has all those "incentives" smartened you up and made you a better player?

It has nothing to do with smartening up or getting better, and everything to do with promoting a friendly gaming environment for players of all skills and interests. I just like to knock around in pixel tanks. Not worried about my stats, or what others think of them. Some folks live for their stats, and like to be super competitive...that's cool too.For me,virtually every incident of team damage I have received or seen in game has been malicious, and when it's accidental, people apologize to me, as I do to them if I accidentally damage/kill them. Anything that makes it harder to be a troll is a welcome move. Perhaps a better solution is for WG to have a player decided option whether they want 'realistic' or arcade' , and realistic would have the high end physics and team damage and arcade would have those features disabled.

Alicit #94 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 36848 battles

View PostParmenter, on Jul 11 2019 - 00:22, said:

This is the best news from WG in ages, and I have advocated for team damage removal for years. I have been deliberately shot for refusing to leave an enemy cap. I have been shot because someone 'ordered' me to relocate and I didn't. I have been TK'd in spawn seconds into a match because 'Your stats suck, we'll do better without you'. In every one of those instances (all of which have happened to me more than once since I started playing in 2011) the player thought it was their right to do so.  Further, I should not be fined because someone drove into my line of fire, or I bump someone in the course of maneuver. Likewise, the pittance of credits I get for being damaged or destroyed by the sort of player I described above, is hardly fair compensation for having a match ruined, sometimes  before I even get a chance to contribute. WG is right on this: It's an old and toxic mechanic that needs to go. It should've been done a long time ago, and I welcome this change.

Sounds like your a "Toxic player".... to a team that is trying to play .. they have posted multiple videos on how to play your tank right. You may want to check in on a few to avoid being so toxic to your team. Have you ever considered why they see you as more detrimental to there teams chance to win then the red team.

VooDooKobra #95 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 9817 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostMcPig, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:21, said:

A thought.  If there is no team damage, will a FF hit increase the players "hit" counter positively and without the negative of a penalty.  Perhaps if WOT had properly policed the infantile jerks who start FF incidents by a ban for X number of FF incidents in a quarter; or made the points penalty for damage to a friendly actually HURT the offender the tweaking of the game engine would not be necessary.  By a hefty FF fine I say ALL the points earned for that battle times a factor of 3.  That would get their attention.  Personally, there are a group of clods on the NA servers who  can't act like adults either in chat or with their TK actions be it shooting, ramming, or shoving allied players.  There needs to be something done to stop it but THIS change is not it.

Arty.  Love it, hate it.  But it's so unrealistic it's comical.  IF a target tank is spotted and moves at least 25 map meters from the spotting point, the arty should lose any map reference UNLESS the vehicle is re-spotted at, or in transit to, the new location.  Currently it seems as though the one gun is able to keep tracking the target even after the spotting unit has lost target visual.   Correcting that would make the arty much more realistic.

LOSE THE WHEELIES:  JUST PLAIN STUPID IDEA. They are too fast, too armored, and too over gunned.  I drove a wheeled vehicle in Nam (M706) and it had 1/2 inch of armor that couldn't stop a .51 caliber Soviet HMG, serious shell fragments, or much of anything serious like a RPG round.   Seeing similar vehicles take out MBT's with regularity is fantasy.  The Saudis engaged Iraqi tanks at Khafji with M706's and the landscape was littered with burnt out wheelies and their crispy critter crews.  So I feel those in game are way OP and way to hard to hit.  Many of the wagons in my garage cannot spin/traverse fast enough to get hits on them unless by blind luck.

Redo the Tier structure.  They should be grouped by a time line of when the vehicle was, or would have been operationally deployed (for the never were tanks),   It is absolutely ridiculous to have a WW2 tank facing off against a 1960 era tank with auto0loaders, and other more modern enhancements.  Frankly, I would not weep if ALL the never-were, draft board dreaming, tanks were removed.  Like the E25, which if it had that size, that armor, that gun, and that engine the crews would have to sit on the roof, holding the main gun rounds in their laps.

Lastly, the use of the out-of-tank zoom out to spot vehicle OVER several story tall buildings or rocks has to go:  It's like a "god mode" where the commander can virtually leap over tall buildings in  a single bound.  Calling in arty on targets or other tanks gunfire on a tank that in a real world they could not even see.   From the game engine standpoint, that would be an interesting nut to crack.  As you need the out of hatch views, but not the over building spotting power.

more than likely though the FF incidents are started by an accidental hit and the person returning fire loses their cool and escalates things.  second reflective dmg would not work because it would be easily abused.   if people have not been complaining to do something about team damage we probably wouldnt be at this point.

when the spotting tanks loses visual after a small amount of time so does the arty.  

thinks like wheels and tracks should not be considered spaced armor, if you are going to fix it for one thing, fix it for all vehicles.  while i agree the rapid mode for tiers 8 and 9 are too much, the rest of the tiers are in line with tracked light tanks

i get it you want a simulation, not an arcade game.  while we are at this quest for realism, lets get rid of the autolocks, the repair kits that fix tracks fast, the med kits the bring tankers back from the dead.  and i wonder if there were automatic fire extinguishers in tanks

View PostVillainIV, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:31, said:

VillainIV

how exactly does not being able to damage teammates make the game unskilled?  you still need the same skill you did before to take out the enemy tanks its just if a guy zooms in front of your gun and you nail them good you dont get punished for it.  if it wasn't for people complaining about team damage as well as those complaining that they were unfairly banned because they shot a griefer in "self-defense" do you really think we would have reached this point?  keeping team damage in is not going to fix toxic behavior.  i am not for this move but i have watched anough videos and seen enough complaints saying do something about team damage that i am not surprised about it

DeadlyAsians #96 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 05:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12980 battles
I can 100% see there being possibly being more trolls. Hate a player or just trolling? Just run in front of their shot. You don't take damage anymore. I can also see trolls shooting allies for no reason, wasting everyone's time. 

SawUcomin #97 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 05:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jul 11 2019 - 06:53, said:

one thing i did not realize is trolls who like to make arty kill themselves by putting their barrel into arty barrel will no longer be able to do that

That's because 1 or maybe 2 people do this and now because of a video sent in they are making a big deal out of it.

They are using it as an excuse to further reduce the already dwindling player base!

I suspect I will be done with this game at update 1.6

SawUcomin #98 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 05:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostParmenter, on Jul 12 2019 - 01:35, said:

It has nothing to do with smartening up or getting better, and everything to do with promoting a friendly gaming environment for players of all skills and interests. I just like to knock around in pixel tanks. Not worried about my stats, or what others think of them. Some folks live for their stats, and like to be super competitive...that's cool too.For me,virtually every incident of team damage I have received or seen in game has been malicious, and when it's accidental, people apologize to me, as I do to them if I accidentally damage/kill them. Anything that makes it harder to be a troll is a welcome move. Perhaps a better solution is for WG to have a player decided option whether they want 'realistic' or arcade' , and realistic would have the high end physics and team damage and arcade would have those features disabled.

You dont want a war game, you want tidly winks or some other "friendly" game of garbage and you bore me to death!

This game will be nothing but sht noob players left really soon!

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 12 2019 - 21:29.

SawUcomin #99 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 05:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 11 2019 - 22:24, said:

Welcome to the new Wot were players are so bored of lame azz game play they quit!

If this goes through I will say SEE YA!

Sturm_Teufel #100 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 07:04

Major

• Players
  • 47812 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostMcPig, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:21, said:

Well said and respect to you sir. I grew up around a LOT of Nam vets. One of them, my uncle Rich was a tank gunner, he's told me a few stories showed me a few photos. Yikes.

View PostVillainIV, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:31, said:

VillainIV

Well said. Before you know it, the tanks in game will be shooting whipped cream, cupcakes and rainbows. At this rate, I'll probably be playing Star Citizen most of the time instead.

Edited by Sturm_Teufel, Jul 12 2019 - 07:49.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users