How could arty be changed to be less... arty

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Natanifloof #1 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 20:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
Interested to see opinions on changing arty, in the are of rather than rebalancing, seeing a more diverse set of playstyles for different lines, with different, and possibly some unique, mechanics. What made me think to make this thread, is I've been playing the French arty line, and having a blast (hah) playing aggressively, acting as a td that can shoot over objects. It's been a very effective strategy, and led to some of the most intense matches I've had in this game.

Note: This isn't an arty hate thread. We know how much you hate it and want it removed. Trust me. Just please don't start arguing here.

Edited by Natanifloof, Jul 10 2019 - 21:03.

PapioTitan #2 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45540 battles
I don't have an issue with arty but how about making them move more often? Maybe after sitting for more than 1 minute they become visible to everyone? I'm doing this more often than before because of players doing the counter-arty thing. Having to move makes it a bit more challenging.

Bad_Oedipus #3 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 45953 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

How about removing SPGs, give tanks with Derp guns ability to go SPG beyond standard visual range.

So Type 5, could fire HE shell from eye in the sky view at targets beyond 445m only.  Anything closer you'd have to switch to STD mode.

Not going to happen.

WhineMaker #4 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 38569 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Jul 10 2019 - 12:26, said:

How about removing SPGs, give tanks with Derp guns ability to go SPG beyond standard visual range.

So Type 5, could fire HE shell from eye in the sky view at targets beyond 445m only.  Anything closer you'd have to switch to STD mode.

Not going to happen.

How about going and playing WoT Blitz for all the arty free games you require? 

I already know, this is a much too simple workaround, for the anti arty whine club to grasp... :facepalm:

stalkervision #5 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 69416 battles
Give arty a lot more health , a few old time pen rounds ,far better view range ,mobility and sights and reload I will happily fight in the front lines a lot more.  I often try it now as a fun thing to do in game but it's just impossible with all the nerfs. 

Joe717MarksmN #6 Posted Jul 10 2019 - 22:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28011 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

I would really like to see arty with more power in the game. In stead of being made harmless.

On  some game missions my arty's I depend on only to win rewards etc. Can you get everyone for artys to get world of tanks to make them stay and be even more powerful?

choSenfroZen_1 #7 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 09:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostNatanifloof, on Jul 10 2019 - 11:58, said:

Interested to see opinions on changing arty, in the are of rather than rebalancing, seeing a more diverse set of playstyles for different lines, with different, and possibly some unique, mechanics. What made me think to make this thread, is I've been playing the French arty line, and having a blast (hah) playing aggressively, acting as a td that can shoot over objects. It's been a very effective strategy, and led to some of the most intense matches I've had in this game.

Note: This isn't an arty hate thread. We know how much you hate it and want it removed. Trust me. Just please don't start arguing here.

Ta Da,

except for 3 or 4 , all artillery is " playing aggressively, acting as a td that can shoot over objects. It's been a very effective strategy,"\\

This is why people play arty, a long range TD that can shoot over "SOME" objects.

Know_where #8 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 19:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles

View PostNatanifloof, on Jul 10 2019 - 11:58, said:

What kind of unique things are you thinking about?

Reading, they all seem different already.

Thor_24 #9 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 03:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 17368 battles
arty will forever be OP

Altwar #10 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 58550 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostPapioTitan, on Jul 10 2019 - 12:13, said:

I don't have an issue with arty but how about making them move more often? Maybe after sitting for more than 1 minute they become visible to everyone? I'm doing this more often than before because of players doing the counter-arty thing. Having to move makes it a bit more challenging.

This sounds like purely an arcade game solution.  Otherwise, what mechanic makes SPGs become visible after sitting still for a minute?  Why would it not apply to other tanks like TDs?

In game reality, an SPG is at least going to rotate in place so unless they are AFK or a bot, doesn't seem likely that any SPG will be sitting still for more than a minute.

Vava_das_SPGs #11 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 16:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 26174 battles

View PostThor_24, on Aug 29 2019 - 23:43, said:

arty will forever be OP

Thank God for gravity.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users