A complaint or a suggestion either way bound to draw trolls...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Wormstrand11th #1 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 16:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

I wish WG would separate these events into skill categories.  There are a lot of highly skilled players out there and even more average players and then some not so average.  Allowing all of the teams to compete for the same prize pool is bordering on catering or pandering to the higher skilled players for the most part.  NOTE: I am sticking with the term of higher "skilled" vs that toxic "stat" word because the stats are just a reflection of the skill level for the most part. 

But can you imagine if the NFL or NBA allowed every college team to compete in the playoffs for a chance at earning a spot in the Superbowl or the Finals? I mean sure if might be interesting to watch a few games but those teams would get beat like stepchildren.  And this is kind of the same thing, well its exactly the same thing tbh.  Having separate tiers for clan campaigns based upon the clan's rating restrictions, would make these events blossom even more.  OF course the Prize pool would have to reflect this as well.  Lower tiered campaigns maybe should still have a chance at the Chieftain or the 907 but only in smaller numbers, and maybe the M60 and the 121B makes up the bulk of that prize pool were as the higher tier campaign could be  all 4 as a choice and maybe some other reward for being top of that group.  Something, I just am not sure what because WG likes to keep tank numbers in percentages that we are not privy to.

This format would not preclude lower tiered clans from attempting to run with the big dogs but would prevent the higher skilled clans from this almost total domination every single event, because that kind of sucks the life out of the competition in itself.

Things I left out were anything toxic and deriding from a real conversation.  I dont care about alliances or pacts, and alt accounts that higher skilled clans run are not an issue because if they are that good then they are most likely just as highly rated on their alts.  I don;t think talk of those things brings anything to the conversation in asking and not demanding WG to consider a new format for future campaigns.

I am only going to ask that any comments or ideas reflect the community as a whole even if it is from your own perspective. 

Buttknuckle #2 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 50854 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

I've never really understood this perspective. Sticking with the NFL analogy: College teams do not get a chance at superbowl rings. You are getting a chance at the ring, ergo, you are not on a college team. Perhaps think of your clan as the Miami Dolphins equivalent. Improve yourself and perhaps you can get picked up by the Patriots for next season.

If they were to have an event for the college team equivalents, the prize can not be the superbowl ring. It is simply unfair to offer a similar reward for less effort. They have other events, like tank rewards, for the college team players to participate in. Go win yourself an M4 improved.

TLDR: There is nothing wrong with having a competition that rewards only the best.

Markd73 #3 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 32794 battles

No thanks. You want the prizes then put in the effort to compete with the better players.

Wormstrand11th #4 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 17:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

here is the funny thing, both of you are saying exactly what i just said.  Compete with the better players and get better prizes. But the very definition of competing is: strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.  

By this meaning then there needs to be invitation to success. Currently under the existing format there is no real competition by not separating the upper class of players from the not as skilled.  Perhaps wiping the map at the end of every single day and having no land owners would accomplish this as well.   

Hellsfog #5 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 37792 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

This thread is made every single campaign by a player who simply can't compete. They are always the same. The same arguments. The same analogy. The same demand for to receive the same rewards as better players without having to achieve the same. The same fantasy that somehow if they could be protected from better players they could easily get the same rewards. All of it disconnected from reality. 

The entire premise is wrong. The first wrong premise is that lower skilled players can't compete. I see a lot of mediocre and sub-mediocre players driving clan wars reward tanks. They got them somehow and aren't in top clans. So lesser skilled players can be successful in the present format. The second wrong premise is that these kind of events are meant to be all inclusive, like a tank marathon. They aren't. 

Why wouldn't a mid-low tier clan tank its elo to go dominate in the lower brackets? If the rewards are the same, of course they would. We saw it with tier 8 CW.  Good clans opted to play tier 8 because the extra rewards of tier 10 were simply not worth the effort. They still got enough gold and didn't care about the epeen.  Instead of promoting competition, like the OP thinks, clan growth was stunted and it suck competition out of tier 10. CW didn't grow, it shrank.

The sports analogy has always been inapplicable except to the weak-minded but let's run with it. Does a player who wins a high school championship get the same rewards as a player who wins the Super Bowl? No, not even close? Okay,  low tier play gets no reward tanks or bonds. You can have some consumables, a tacky camo and a badge for participating. Besides reflecting the lesser effort, the rewards would have to be reduced to prevent the mid/lower tier clans from camping out in the lower brackets.  

Markd73 #6 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 32794 battles

View PostWormstrand11th, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:20, said:

here is the funny thing, both of you are saying exactly what i just said.  Compete with the better players and get better prizes. But the very definition of competing is: strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.  

By this meaning then there needs to be invitation to success. Currently under the existing format there is no real competition by not separating the upper class of players from the not as skilled.  Perhaps wiping the map at the end of every single day and having no land owners would accomplish this as well.   

Not really. Everyone should compete against everyone else. Want the prize then get better and beat the better players.

If you cannot win then too bad, get better.

Edited by Markd73, Jul 11 2019 - 18:12.

Wormstrand11th #7 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 18:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 11 2019 - 08:33, said:

This thread is made every single campaign by a player who simply can't compete. They are always the same. The same arguments. The same analogy. The same demand for to receive the same rewards as better players without having to achieve the same. The same fantasy that somehow if they could be protected from better players they could easily get the same rewards. All of it disconnected from reality. 

The entire premise is wrong. The first wrong premise is that lower skilled players can't compete. I see a lot of mediocre and sub-mediocre players driving clan wars reward tanks. They got them somehow and aren't in top clans. So lesser skilled players can be successful in the present format. The second wrong premise is that these kind of events are meant to be all inclusive, like a tank marathon. They aren't. 

Why wouldn't a mid-low tier clan tank its elo to go dominate in the lower brackets? If the rewards are the same, of course they would. We saw it with tier 8 CW.  Good clans opted to play tier 8 because the extra rewards of tier 10 were simply not worth the effort. They still got enough gold and didn't care about the epeen.  Instead of promoting competition, like the OP thinks, clan growth was stunted and it suck competition out of tier 10. CW didn't grow, it shrank.

The sports analogy has always been inapplicable except to the weak-minded but let's run with it. Does a player who wins a high school championship get the same rewards as a player who wins the Super Bowl? No, not even close? Okay,  low tier play gets no reward tanks or bonds. You can have some consumables, a tacky camo and a badge for participating. Besides reflecting the lesser effort, the rewards would have to be reduced to prevent the mid/lower tier clans from camping out in the lower brackets.  

ok so lets respond to this without resorting to your weak minded comment because only the truly mentally inadequate are unable to understand or fathom the reason for discussion or see the other side. Yes i called your argument retarded just as you suggested mine was.  want to start insulting each other more and turn this into a slander fest then maybe some current president has a spot for you on their campaign for re-election.

The "Pro vs Intermediate" argument is valid as it is an identifier that can be related to as members of one group are highly skilled and the other group is not so much.  An identifier is being used so that people can relate the difference between the two groups.  Groups are a numerous amount that can be put together based upon a common identifier.  Do i need to go further for you? Not every player who plays at an intermediate level can go pro.  There is not argument to suggest otherwise that can ever be made.

Your groups solution is to get better, so lets exam that.  How do you get better? Are any of the following part of your stratagem for "gettting good" and raise your stats:

• Do more damage
  • win more games
  • kill more tanks
  • assist with more kills.

If you have answered yes then lets apply that to the ENTIRE player base.   Everyone has:

• a 60% winrate
  • 1k avg damage
  • 1+ k/d ratio

Now Mr. Wizard go find your metrics and show me just exactly how the entire player base is going to do that? How is everyone going to win more than lose or kill more than be killed?  Is there a formula that supports this,? if so i dare you to show me and the rest of the entire world.  You define that math and we can solve global energy and hunger problems and everyone will have an abundance of money and never have to work.  But you can't, because that is impossible and illogical.

So lets apply the rest of your reasoning to the rest of WG tournaments and and E-league.  According to your argument then every single team should be invited to play in everything everytime no matter how good or bad they are.  So why wont WG open up everything to everyone? why not let every single player a chance to compete on every possible platform and level in every tournament?  Because maybe is doesnt make sense to? because any E-league would look like a joke and be unmarketable without narrowing the field way down to a select few?

SO then what is the real argument about have and A league with Premier teams campaign and then a B league with non Premier teams?  Does your baby seal clubber not get as much use? do you feel unimportant? does your ego not get polished? do your bragging rights diminish?  does your reward tank not feel as special?  Or are you just scared that too many people might enjoy participating and having fun and the Tank Grinch in you can't have that?

I proposed the same campaign limited to the same reward structure for the higher skilled players and a less skilled campaign with lesser rewards that would simply prohibit the better players from entering and keeping the skill disparity at a more even range of levels.  And i have yet to hear a single reason why this would not benefit more players, instead all i have seen while writing this is how the players it does benefit the most complain about how nothing should change because they ... well because they dont have an argument about why it shouldnt change.  Your only argument is get better, which does not resolve the initial issue of making the campaigns more fun or more involved for the majority of teams.

Hellsfog #8 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 37792 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

You really don't understand English or don't want to because none of that is what I said. Some of it is the opposite of what I said and all of it is drivel. 

The point was that your premise, that only highly skilled players get tanks, is wrong. There are plenty of low skilled players with clan wars rewards tanks. Not you. But many others. My other point was that your plan won't work since it hasn't worked in the past.  The other point was that if you're clan can't manage to get you a reward tank and it bothers you that much, get another clan. This event isn't meant to achievable by everyone. It's not a tank marathon.  

I know it's hard to have something you want but can't get. Most adults either accept it or try to achieve it. Now to get into a clan capable of helping you get a tank,  you will need to demonstrate a reasonable ability to play pixel tanks and that you are a reasonably socialized human being. You're going to have trouble with both, I'm afraid so it looks like acceptance is your only route.  

The great thing about threads like these is that when the campaign is over I will have all the reward tanks, a ton of bonds and will have helped a bunch of players get tanks.  You will have a whine thread. Enjoy it. 

Wormstrand11th #9 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 19:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37857 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 11 2019 - 10:01, said:

You really don't understand English or don't want to because none of that is what I said. Some of it is the opposite of what I said and all of it is drivel. 

The point was that your premise, that only highly skilled players get tanks, is wrong. There are plenty of low skilled players with clan wars rewards tanks. Not you. But many others. My other point was that your plan won't work since it hasn't worked in the past.  The other point was that if you're clan can't manage to get you a reward tank and it bothers you that much, get another clan. This event isn't meant to achievable by everyone. It's not a tank marathon.  

I know it's hard to have something you want but can't get. Most adults either accept it or try to achieve it. Now to get into a clan capable of helping you get a tank,  you will need to demonstrate a reasonable ability to play pixel tanks and that you are a reasonably socialized human being. You're going to have trouble with both, I'm afraid so it looks like acceptance is your only route.  

The great thing about threads like these is that when the campaign is over I will have all the reward tanks, a ton of bonds and will have helped a bunch of players get tanks.  You will have a whine thread. Enjoy it. 

are you using a thesaurus? i am not sure you should have gone beyond the dictionary, maybe the one with picture and popups.  Drivel? really? wow what an insult, pointless and stupid but sure.

But you are right about 1 thing at the end you will have gotten a reward tank and I wouldnt and you will have helped others.  But You will still be a d-bag when you look in the mirror and that unfortunately is a permanent thing that you will take with you everywhere you go.  Go to starbucks and get your latte, still a d-bag.  Eat in front of your computer and dream of your stats, still a d-bag.  The sad thing is that you are forced into the d-bag thing because you are of that closed mind mentality that if change doesnt benefit you it isnt worth it.  My ENITRE POST wasnt about earning the same damned rewards but rather making the campaign more enjoyable and definitely more engaging to more of the community.  

And I even dared you to show me your "get gud" mentality math for the entire populace and you wont touch that. Instead as with your first post you failed to read and even consider thinking about what was said.  You read and reacted.  Maybe there is a future for you in politics because they could always use another d-bag there who is only out to find ways to benefit themselves and whenever possible screw over every single person below them.  Do you work of DHS? because you kind of fit that profile too.

try going back and re-reading the previous posts and understand how i was not trying to deny you your reward or reward other people more for less.  I never hinted at that nor did i make it impossible for the literate to grasp that I am against that.  let me sum this up for you in a way maybe you can understand.  We fight good fights but against the same few clans from 1 different servers over and over and over.  there is no diversity, and the general player base as a whole is not putting as much effort into this campaign as could happen if there was more allure.  by splitting into 2(not 3 not 10) separate campaigns with different tiered rewards structures then maybe more people would be involved maybe more teams would take part maybe there would be more of a chance to succeed AND fail. maybe there would be a lot more shuffling in the rankings at the lower tier.  Maybe then there would be more anticipation and more fun and more excitement. Just maybe it would be something the entire populace would look forward to.  Maybe it wouldnt be a fight for the bottom half of the rewards and so there would be something to work for.  and Maybe just maybe it wouldnt actually affect you in the upper tier but instead it would bring more players in.

Capn_Roo_ #10 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 20:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 16270 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I think the challenge here is the number of teams that compete.  I wish we had enough teams to have divisions like CS:GO, and you can earn your way to more lucrative prizes.  But that has been tried and didn't achieve the end goal which was to grow the CW scene.  Unfortunately, in the current 15 vs 15 format, there aren't enough teams to split the competition into divisions.  I agree it would be nice to see some of the reward tanks get spread amongst mid and lower-tier clans, but unfortunately, they won't be able to compete on the advanced or elite front to get the big multipliers.  

WG has sort-of set that up with the different fronts, but the rewards are not split based on the front.  That could be an interesting suggestion for the road ahead, if/how that would be possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Hellsfog #11 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 37792 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWormstrand11th, on Jul 11 2019 - 13:23, said:

are you using a thesaurus? i am not sure you should have gone beyond the dictionary, maybe the one with picture and popups.  Drivel? really? wow what an insult, pointless and stupid but sure.

But you are right about 1 thing at the end you will have gotten a reward tank and I wouldnt and you will have helped others.  But You will still be a d-bag when you look in the mirror and that unfortunately is a permanent thing that you will take with you everywhere you go.  Go to starbucks and get your latte, still a d-bag.  Eat in front of your computer and dream of your stats, still a d-bag.  The sad thing is that you are forced into the d-bag thing because you are of that closed mind mentality that if change doesnt benefit you it isnt worth it.  My ENITRE POST wasnt about earning the same damned rewards but rather making the campaign more enjoyable and definitely more engaging to more of the community.  

And I even dared you to show me your "get gud" mentality math for the entire populace and you wont touch that. Instead as with your first post you failed to read and even consider thinking about what was said.  You read and reacted.  Maybe there is a future for you in politics because they could always use another d-bag there who is only out to find ways to benefit themselves and whenever possible screw over every single person below them.  Do you work of DHS? because you kind of fit that profile too.

try going back and re-reading the previous posts and understand how i was not trying to deny you your reward or reward other people more for less.  I never hinted at that nor did i make it impossible for the literate to grasp that I am against that.  let me sum this up for you in a way maybe you can understand.  We fight good fights but against the same few clans from 1 different servers over and over and over.  there is no diversity, and the general player base as a whole is not putting as much effort into this campaign as could happen if there was more allure.  by splitting into 2(not 3 not 10) separate campaigns with different tiered rewards structures then maybe more people would be involved maybe more teams would take part maybe there would be more of a chance to succeed AND fail. maybe there would be a lot more shuffling in the rankings at the lower tier.  Maybe then there would be more anticipation and more fun and more excitement. Just maybe it would be something the entire populace would look forward to.  Maybe it wouldnt be a fight for the bottom half of the rewards and so there would be something to work for.  and Maybe just maybe it wouldnt actually affect you in the upper tier but instead it would bring more players in.

Once again too many words responding to the post you thought I wrote instead of the one I did write.  You need to work on the socialization skills.  There are plenty of mediocre and sub-mediocre players with reward tanks. This fact would argue against needing a separate trash league.  I understand you one want really, really bad but you're going to have work a little harder.  

bgmp14 #12 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 21:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26942 battles
  • [MAZUT] MAZUT
Since the fight is for the same prizes everyone should be in it together. If you are not in the "top" clan you try to get fame points with the volume of basic front battles and try to make every opportunity on the advanced front count. And if all fails go for the auction.

F4U_wingman #13 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 86143 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostButtknuckle, on Jul 11 2019 - 07:58, said:

I've never really understood this perspective. Sticking with the NFL analogy: College teams do not get a chance at superbowl rings. You are getting a chance at the ring, ergo, you are not on a college team. Perhaps think of your clan as the Miami Dolphins equivalent. Improve yourself and perhaps you can get picked up by the Patriots for next season.

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 11 2019 - 08:33, said:

the rewards would have to be reduced to prevent the mid/lower tier clans from camping out in the lower brackets.  

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 11 2019 - 10:01, said:

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 11 2019 - 11:43, said:

Once again too many words responding to the post you thought I wrote instead of the one I did write.  You need to work on the socialization skills.  There are plenty of mediocre and sub-mediocre players with reward tanks. This fact would argue against needing a separate trash league.  I understand you one want really, really bad but you're going to have work a little harder.  

The point here is that the top Clans are in the ladders on the Basic map when they already have land on the Elite and Advanced maps.

Doing this means your Clan could be facing a top Clan on the Basic map and get knocked off the second ladder before you even have a chance to "gitgud" and finish a ladder with Clans of similar skill.

Clans are trying to compete and get past the Basic map to move out to the next Front (Advanced map) but the top Clans are preventing this from happening and thus you get less Fame points. Not being able to move off the Basic map has more to do with a "NFL bully" on the Global map than it has to do with a "lesser skilled player" playing their tank.

Winning battles is the key for the number of battles you play with the mutipliers and bonuses to get rewards. As I see it... some Clans are at the top because they know how to play on the Global map and slow a good Clan down on the Basic map. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/446742-prohibited-conduct-during-clan-wars-events/

Hellsfog #14 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 37792 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostF4U_wingman, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:27, said:

The point here is that the top Clans are in the ladders on the Basic map when they already have land on the Elite and Advanced maps.

Doing this means your Clan could be facing a top Clan on the Basic map and get knocked off the second ladder before you even have a chance to "gitgud" and finish a ladder with Clans of similar skill.

Clans are trying to compete and get past the Basic map to move out to the next Front (Advanced map) but the top Clans are preventing this from happening and thus you get less Fame points. Not being able to move off the Basic map has more to do with a "NFL bully" on the Global map than it has to do with a "lesser skilled player" playing their tank.

Winning battles is the key for the number of battles you play with the mutipliers and bonuses to get rewards. As I see it... some Clans are at the top because they know how to play on the Global map and slow a good Clan down on the Basic map. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/446742-prohibited-conduct-during-clan-wars-events/

That wasn't the OP's point. He wants a sheltered tourney so he doesn't have to compete, which is silly. My response was not so much, "git gud" as his idea is unnecessary and dumb. There are, as a fact, many lesser skilled players with reward tanks. That fact has nothing to do with "git gud"

The problem with you post is that you wander into the whole "they are picking on us" mode but inside the silly analogy you ask a good question. The basic front is the place where your clan goes to not get tanks. A win on a landing tourney in the advance front is probable worth about the same as wins all the way to a landowner on the basic front. So why would top clans play on the basic front? The only reason would be boredom. Neither the player or the clan get any points but that is also true for anyone playing on the basic front.  Basically, if you are not moving off the basic front, you better be spamming battles and winning them at a rate that would make you wonder why you were doing it there. 

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make with the link. Seriously, I don't understand your point.

bgmp14 #15 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26942 battles
  • [MAZUT] MAZUT

View PostF4U_wingman, on Jul 11 2019 - 22:27, said:

You do not need to hold province on basic front in order to land on the advanced front. The clan just need to have enough fame point to win auction. There are some provinces which give you landing application for free but those are typically guarded by better clans.

Hellsfog #16 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 37792 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postbgmp14, on Jul 11 2019 - 18:08, said:

You do not need to hold province on basic front in order to land on the advanced front. The clan just need to have enough fame point to win auction. There are some provinces which give you landing application for free but those are typically guarded by better clans.

That was his point? Now I get it. You don't even need to bid. There are provinces on the advance map that you don't have to bid. I forget what they are called.  

Naelbis #17 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 12915 battles
In fairness, the teams in each landing tourney are seeded by ELO rating. So it is rare for teams to face someone completely unbeatable right out the gate unless they chip on a zone with all the top clans. Since the event is about earning personal points, all you have to do is beat the clans you have a chance to beat in order to gain plenty of rewards.

mojave #18 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 04:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25704 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

This entire thread could be summed up as "I cant win games enough to get a reward vehicle for winning games so make me an event where I can win games without doing anything"

If you want a reward vehicle FOR LITERALLY BEING GOOD AT THE GAME then be good at the game. Its not a hard concept to understand. 

NewportReb #19 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 18:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34397 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Clan Wars tanks are rewards for clans competing and proving they are the best on the server. Not participation trophies. You are basically saying that cause your clan cant compete with other clans, you should get a special bracket to play in cause then maybe you can win a game. How about instead of spending time on the forums, you spend time building the clan you are in. Take a look at the two "Big" clans that have responded to you so far. Villain and Relic. Both are long term established clan even with the minor blow up of Villain earlier this year but they recovered. I can tell you that countless hours have been spent building those clans. Loz and Relic in particular are one, if not the, oldest clans still running on the NA server. Do you think that just happens? No their officers, recruiters, and members help build a clan and they do well, earning a tank. Once upon a time your organization HARM competed for tanks. I know, I used to be there. That is where I got my first tank. So don't give us a load of crap about you not being able to compete.  I know that here in CLAWS, we have spent multiple hours getting ready for the campaign. From the CO and XO's getting chips ready, to callers working on strats, to recruiters talking and evaling multiple applications, it doesn't just happen over night. It takes work and good leadership. If you aren't able to compete, you aren't working hard enough of smart enough. That's on you. Oh and I missed the early part of the campaign while being on vacation, and I'm still within tank range. Also I spend more time assigning battles to callers and watching chips than I do actually playing battles so its not really that hard to get one now a days. Good luck and raise your standards.

TLDR ; Get your craptogether.

Narwl_Legend_Emu #20 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 19:26

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 40926 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
HI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users