A complaint or a suggestion either way bound to draw trolls...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Armadaus_Baldwin #101 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 21:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35964 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postmadbite, on Jul 17 2019 - 20:04, said:

I definitely concur and I believe certain tier 8 prems should be  offered for those who didn't make it. With tier 8 prems, you can train crews for your tier 10s, gain credits given the high cost of playing tier 10s  to help prepare for the next CW. 

No. You’re already being rewarded for your “hard work at playing a game” by being able to purchase fun accents and features with the fame you earned. If you did not earn enough to purchase a tank, that is on you, your callers and/or your clan. No one else. 

Imagine going to to buy a new car, you come

to agreement on the price and make your purchase. As you sign, someone else comes in, points to your car and says “I want that, but I can’t afford it. So you should GIVE me this other car, because I can’t get what I want with the currency I earned.” 

No, goodbye. 

Lovegoat996 #102 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 21:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 45727 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I don't get the complain about time spent. Like people think that top clans don't sit there and wait for battles. Hear callers tell us we morons throwing a game. Like nearly all of us sit there from the first minutes till the last battles. Some of G members had all the tanks so they just showed up to make sure we had enough people. Like we all spent alot time in the last 10 days on this game. Using the excuse of battle counts and time spent is dumb

Bill_Nye_The_RNG_Guy #103 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25687 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK

View PostWormstrand11th, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:35, said:

I wish WG would separate these events into skill categories.  There are a lot of highly skilled players out there and even more average players and then some not so average.  Allowing all of the teams to compete for the same prize pool is bordering on catering or pandering to the higher skilled players for the most part.  NOTE: I am sticking with the term of higher "skilled" vs that toxic "stat" word because the stats are just a reflection of the skill level for the most part. 

But can you imagine if the NFL or NBA allowed every college team to compete in the playoffs for a chance at earning a spot in the Superbowl or the Finals? I mean sure if might be interesting to watch a few games but those teams would get beat like stepchildren.  And this is kind of the same thing, well its exactly the same thing tbh.  Having separate tiers for clan campaigns based upon the clan's rating restrictions, would make these events blossom even more.  OF course the Prize pool would have to reflect this as well.  Lower tiered campaigns maybe should still have a chance at the Chieftain or the 907 but only in smaller numbers, and maybe the M60 and the 121B makes up the bulk of that prize pool were as the higher tier campaign could be  all 4 as a choice and maybe some other reward for being top of that group.  Something, I just am not sure what because WG likes to keep tank numbers in percentages that we are not privy to.

This format would not preclude lower tiered clans from attempting to run with the big dogs but would prevent the higher skilled clans from this almost total domination every single event, because that kind of sucks the life out of the competition in itself.

Things I left out were anything toxic and deriding from a real conversation.  I dont care about alliances or pacts, and alt accounts that higher skilled clans run are not an issue because if they are that good then they are most likely just as highly rated on their alts.  I don;t think talk of those things brings anything to the conversation in asking and not demanding WG to consider a new format for future campaigns.

I am only going to ask that any comments or ideas reflect the community as a whole even if it is from your own perspective. 

So? Have better callers and players, this isn't rocket science. :teethhappy:

NeZiak #104 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 00:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16475 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
Some of you that comment on this post have your head so far up your a** it’s amusing to me! Instead of being part of the problem, become part of the solution!

JunkaTheAdmirable #105 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 00:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21075 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

simba90 #106 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 02:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17066 battles

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Jul 17 2019 - 23:56, said:

Spoiler

They don't want solutions that they have to work for, they want to be mad.

Israeli_Redneck #107 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 08:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18385 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View PostWormstrand11th, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:35, said:

I wish WG would separate these events into skill categories.  There are a lot of highly skilled players out there and even more average players and then some not so average.  Allowing all of the teams to compete for the same prize pool is bordering on catering or pandering to the higher skilled players for the most part.  NOTE: I am sticking with the term of higher "skilled" vs that toxic "stat" word because the stats are just a reflection of the skill level for the most part. 

But can you imagine if the NFL or NBA allowed every college team to compete in the playoffs for a chance at earning a spot in the Superbowl or the Finals? I mean sure if might be interesting to watch a few games but those teams would get beat like stepchildren.  And this is kind of the same thing, well its exactly the same thing tbh.  Having separate tiers for clan campaigns based upon the clan's rating restrictions, would make these events blossom even more.  OF course the Prize pool would have to reflect this as well.  Lower tiered campaigns maybe should still have a chance at the Chieftain or the 907 but only in smaller numbers, and maybe the M60 and the 121B makes up the bulk of that prize pool were as the higher tier campaign could be  all 4 as a choice and maybe some other reward for being top of that group.  Something, I just am not sure what because WG likes to keep tank numbers in percentages that we are not privy to.

This format would not preclude lower tiered clans from attempting to run with the big dogs but would prevent the higher skilled clans from this almost total domination every single event, because that kind of sucks the life out of the competition in itself.

Things I left out were anything toxic and deriding from a real conversation.  I dont care about alliances or pacts, and alt accounts that higher skilled clans run are not an issue because if they are that good then they are most likely just as highly rated on their alts.  I don;t think talk of those things brings anything to the conversation in asking and not demanding WG to consider a new format for future campaigns.

I am only going to ask that any comments or ideas reflect the community as a whole even if it is from your own perspective. 

I grew up in a middle class family.  My father and mother worked, and we had everything we needed to grow up, a nice house, both had decent cars, both made decent money.  They couldn't afford a Mercedes 600 even though my dad really wanted one.

I started working at 22, after 4 years in the Israeli Army.  I really wanted a Ferrari 550 Maranello (the best new Ferrari when I started working), I couldn't afford it.  I started working harder, 7 days a week as a Real Estate Agent, and started making serious money as I improved my skills and was able to make deals regularly.  I bought my 1st apartment, and bought a Porsche 928 as my first luxury car.  I wanted a Ferrari 550, but I still couldn't afford one.  

As I progressed, and learned to invest some of my commissions, I started making serious money, and 7 years after starting to work, at age 29, I finally bought my dream car, a Silver Ferrari F550 Maranello.  

The moral of this story is:  We all want the better things in life.  The only issue is, unless you inherit them, or win the lottery, the only way to obtain them is to work really hard and/or get lucky. 

EDIT:

I lived the American Dream!!!  GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!  THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!

Edited by Israeli_Redneck, Jul 18 2019 - 08:49.

WilsonCole #108 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 08:56

Private

• Players
  • 27062 battles
This is not an argument that I am unsympathetic towards. I am an above average player, but have never quite broken through into the level to join a top tier clan. So for me Clan Wars has ALWAYS been a painful grind. 

But in the three CW's I've played in I've gotten a tank. Each time was with a mid tier clan that really struggled to keep its crap together. I feel like I put in more work this past CW, and under more stressful circumstances, than any top clan player. I played in like 120 matches with a clan that struggled to hit 40% WR overall. 

So yeah. I think it can suck to be in a skill bracket where you have to show up for every single minute of play to get a tank, vs. a clan where you can get on the advance or elite front and take a few days off and still get it. I wish I could have taken the last day or two off and cruised my way to a tank without the drama of thinking I wasted an entire week for nothing.

But that's the price if you want a reward tank. Like I said every time I've tried for a tank so far I've gotten one - so it's doable by any decent player in an average clan who is willing to block out 6 hours a day for the duration of CW's.

Edited by WilsonCole, Jul 18 2019 - 08:57.

_Freestyle #109 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 14:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 24670 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

Exactly. It is doable.

Edited by _Freestyle, Jul 18 2019 - 14:12.

Mr__Buttons #110 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 14:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60533 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View Postfeanval, on Jul 17 2019 - 09:45, said:

Well good for you … I don't know if it is conceivable to you but home ownership is not impressive to me, as depending on state you can buy a house for less than a year worth of salary.  Reality is most players in top clans are still in high school or college and have not know the real life for what it is.  I am happy your clan is doing awesome all I want is a chance for the rest of us.  Since you claim to be of age etc... you should understand what I am talking about.  If hard working people decide to give it a shot they want to have a fair chance to get something out of the campaign.  When we discount the top 10 clans and add the players using banned mods for advantage (those who are not discovered by WG) we will see we are fighting for maybe 200 tanks.  

You math is a little off.

Our clan finished 33rd.

Most of the campaign we were only fielding on team at a time. Of the 29 core players who were going for a tank, everyone got one, with a spread of 230 to 2103 place.

(P.S., not everyone is in the "States")

Purpleish #111 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 15:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25911 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostMr__Buttons, on Jul 18 2019 - 08:24, said:

You math is a little off.

Our clan finished 33rd.

Most of the campaign we were only fielding on team at a time. Of the 29 core players who were going for a tank, everyone got one, with a spread of 230 to 2103 place.

(P.S., not everyone is in the "States")

One of the few completely valid comments on here.

Edge_of_Insanity #112 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 21191 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postfeanval, on Jul 17 2019 - 10:29, said:

Try to imagine WoT without all players with Win8 of 1200 and lower.  I guarantee it will not be as good as you think.

honestly it would probably be better.

Mr__Buttons #113 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 23:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60533 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

Take a look a BOND, they came in 61st place and a bunch of their guys also got tanks.

Hardly an event just for the Top Ten Clans...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users