WOT Has Come A Long Ways

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MountainLion1 #1 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 21:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24613 battles
I have played WOT for several years now and it has definitely changed a lot since I have started playing. Light tanks can be top tier now and arty is limited to only 3 per side in a battle. Unlike back when I started, now there are several different types of boosters and recently they added crew booklets. These boosters and booklets allow players to move up the tech tree lines faster than ever before. The realism of the maps are fantastic with moving water and waving trees. MM has recently been changed and the old 3/5/7 MM is a lot less frequent now, with Tier VIII being a pleasure to play again. The game could always be better, but it sure has came a long ways. I for one can’t wait to see what is coming in the future for this game. See y’all on the battlefield.

Edited by MountainLion1, Jul 11 2019 - 22:39.

Bolted_On #2 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64037 battles
Yes, it's come such a long way that I rarely even play it anymore.   I occasionally log on to play one game of roflstomp in a 4 minute losing rigged battle.   I've moved on to the "other" tank game and am spending money and having a blast again.  

tanopasman62 #3 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 20027 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

Go away OP, forum is for rage posts only

Spoiler

DomoSapien #4 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14694 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Glad to hear you're enjoying the changes! The biggest reminder of that, for me, was playing WoT Classic during April Fools'. I got 1-shot by arty a few too many times and found myself firing the main client back up much sooner than I anticipated.

The Dev team has definitely added quite a few mechanics that are designed to accelerate your grind and make it so you can spend more time playing the game the way its meant to be played (with fully upgraded, non-stock vehicles), however something that I'm personally trying to accomplish as a Community Coordinator is coming up with more ways for players, who are really engaged with the World of Tanks NA Community in and outside of the game client, to progress through the game and earn rewards for being part of the community.

One example of this is of course my scavenger hunt project, but I'm always looking for ideas to improve various aspects of the player journey through tools that I personally have at my disposal. In my case, it means coming up with community events and activities, since I have no direct influence on the game development process itself. 

I'm always happy to hear suggestions from players so by all means please feel free to PM me on the forums or Discord with any ideas.

Edited by DomoSapien, Jul 11 2019 - 22:17.

diesel__1 #5 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles
It's come a long way alright....the wrong [edited]way...... just my honest opinion.........................

Peak_Bagger #6 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19115 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostMountainLion1, on Jul 11 2019 - 21:34, said:

I have played WOT for several years now and it has definitely changed a lot since I have started playing. Light tanks can be top tier now and arty is limited to only 3 per side in a battle. Unlike back when I started, now there are several different types of boosters and recently they added crew booklets. These boosters and booklets allow players to move up the tech tree lines faster than ever before. The realism of the maps are fantastic with moving water and waving trees. MM has recently been changed and the old 3/5/7 MM is a lot less frequent now, with Tier VIII being a pleasure to play again. The game could always be better, but it sure has came a long ways. I for one can’t wait to see what is coming in the future for this game. See y’all on the battlefield.

Great post, MountainLion! Good to see some positivity here! I only started playing at about the time of the 9.18 update, so I didn't get to see the game at all in its earlier forms. But I do know that I love the game now in its current form. When people talk about the good old days of WoT, I remember my experience with WoT Classic and can only chuckle and refrain from comment. The game is pretty awesome now.   

tanopasman62 #7 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 20027 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 11 2019 - 22:15, said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the changes! The biggest reminder of that, for me, was playing WoT Classic during April Fools'. I got 1-shot by arty a few too many times and found myself firing the main client back up much sooner than I anticipated.

The Dev team has definitely added quite a few mechanics that are designed to accelerate your grind and make it so you can spend more time playing the game the way its meant to be played (with fully upgraded, non-stock vehicles), however something that I'm personally trying to accomplish as a Community Coordinator is coming up with more ways for players, who are really engaged with the World of Tanks NA Community in and outside of the game client, to progress through the game and earn rewards for being part of the community.

One example of this is of course my scavenger hunt project, but I'm always looking for ideas to improve various aspects of the player journey through tools that I personally have at my disposal. In my case, it means coming up with community events and activities, since I have no direct influence on the game development process itself. 

I'm always happy to hear suggestions from players so by all means please feel free to PM me on the forums or Discord with any ideas.

Thanks a lot for the SH, it helps a lot with grinds! 

VooDooKobra #8 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 9654 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostMountainLion1, on Jul 11 2019 - 13:34, said:

i agree they have made quite a few good moves as well as some steps backwards.  then again no game is perfect and players will never agree on how the game should be

View PostBolted_On, on Jul 11 2019 - 14:12, said:

Yes, it's come such a long way that I rarely even play it anymore.   I occasionally log on to play one game of roflstomp in a 4 minute losing rigged battle.   I've moved on to the "other" tank game and am spending money and having a blast again.  

hee hee "rigged" 

Allf #9 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostBolted_On, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:12, said:

Besides this cry baby who plays "rarely" and yet still finds the time to cry on the forum.

I have to agree with OP. The game has come a long way and for the better it did.
Its fun, strategic, tactical, random and if you make a mistake - you pay for it. Which is why to succeed in this game you always have to be adaptive.

Overall I am extremely happy with WoT. I guess that's the whole reason I've been sticking with it for so long.

My only 2 wishes are:

- More maps.

- Japanese artillery line.

eastcoastlobster #10 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 22:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jul 11 2019 - 22:27, said:

i agree they have made quite a few good moves as well as some steps backwards.  then again no game is perfect and players will never agree on how the game should be

hee hee "rigged" 

Yes, the game needs rigging..........

goldfinger_555 #11 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:24

Captain

• Players
  • 27388 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
The game has never been better than It is now.

SporkBoy #12 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 45870 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
More maps, please. Bigger maps. Random terrain generator so a new and unknown map every game would be amazing!

bad_73 #13 Posted Jul 11 2019 - 23:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1486 battles
Ya occasionally you get a game with out exploiters or stupid teams and thats all I play for tho not nearly as much as I used too with their dumb decision making with tank rewards and missions.

VooDooKobra #14 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 01:42

Major

• Players
  • 9654 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostSporkBoy, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:45, said:

More maps, please. Bigger maps. Random terrain generator so a new and unknown map every game would be amazing!

yep, i will never say no to new maps

tanopasman62 #15 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 20027 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jul 12 2019 - 01:42, said:

yep, i will never say no to new maps

I'll be happy with Swamp, Stalingrad and Windstorm back, new maps are welcome as long as they're more like Glacier and less like Studscrapzki.

DeviouslyCursed #16 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 02:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3827 battles
Mine usually goes 2-3 feet, depending on whether I'm sitting or standing.

stalkervision #17 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 10:02

Major

• Players
  • 66414 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:15, said:

Can we have some very nice hidden gifts in unlikely parts of the maps ? :P

HOTA_CHATON #18 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 13160 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
Now that we are stuck with clown cars and other junk, the maps need to be doubled in size please.

grandthefttankV #19 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 35254 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostBolted_On, on Jul 11 2019 - 21:12, said:

+1

24cups #20 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 24230 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBolted_On, on Jul 11 2019 - 16:12, said:

Yes it's so bad that you played it 64000 times and as recently as yesterday. 

Yup that other game is so good that you keep coming back here. 

Lol.

Good one. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users