- - - - -

Common Test 1.6 Announcement & Feedback Request

Common Test 1.6 test server

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Update 1.6 (84 members have cast votes)

Which features are you looking forward to in update 1.6?

1. Customization options (12 votes [9.60%])

Percentage of vote: 9.60%

2. British Light Tanks (29 votes [23.20%])

Percentage of vote: 23.20%

3. Revised SPG Missions (24 votes [19.20%])

Percentage of vote: 19.20%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (36 votes [28.80%])

Percentage of vote: 28.80%

5. I'm looking forward to ALL of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (8 votes [6.40%])

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (16 votes [12.80%])

Percentage of vote: 12.80%

Which features are you NOT looking forward to in update 1.6

1. Customization options (9 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

2. British Light Tanks (21 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Revised SPG Missions (5 votes [5.95%])

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (25 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

5. I'm looking forward to ALL of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (11 votes [13.10%])

Percentage of vote: 13.10%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (13 votes [15.48%])

Percentage of vote: 15.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

fireball2828 #21 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 14967 battles

As an avid player of team battles (over 1k battles played) I am sad to see this game mode go. I was playing team battles when they were consistently played by a decent portion of players and clans. The alternative game mode of attack/defense brought an interesting way to play to the game, and for a while I would log in exclusively to play team battles. Then skirmishes were introduced and/or became more popular and the team battle population faded into nothingness. The team battle removal has been a long time coming, but I hope that we can still take portions of the game mode and re-introduce into some clan-oriented formats. I would love to see a clan-oriented team battle format enter the game. Possibly some kind of ranked season that offers bonds, gold, credits, styles, etc... something that would closely mimic the ranked team battles mode. And in the off-season just offer it casually as another tab within the skirmishes window.

Just take away the large swings of PR because that was a large reason players would not play, many of my clan mates at the time were unwilling to play because on a loss, they would lose 100+ PR and would very slowly make it back. 

TomatoSauceHero #22 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 02:06

Major

• Players
  • 51313 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL
To remove team damage will be the final nail for most 

Edited by TomatoSauceHero, Jul 13 2019 - 02:06.

cloudwalkr #23 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 03:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56350 battles

you want to talk about great ways to piss your players off?  Tell arty they have free reign to fire with impunity and no friendly dmg...but let those same friendlies still be stunned.  Stunning is already one of the most annoying mechanics EVER INTRODUCED INTO THE GAME...so lets let friendly arties (WHO ALREADY DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT FRIENDLY FIRE) now worry about it even less all while still stunning friendlies and getting them killed that way.  

What a great idea.

I will be absolutely livid if and when I start taking friendly fire arty rounds because they know it won't dmg me but now I'm stunned 2x more often because now both teams arty are stunning me regularly.  They already dont give a crap about hitting us, so why not remove the dmg and the stun?

What an absolutely stupid idea.  I can already feel that uninstall urge coming on.

Some may feel I'm over reacting, because this idea truly triggers me if Im being completely upfront, but for me...this idea and how absolutely stupid it is is just one more thing reinforcing the idea that WG have no clue what players really want.  Team dmg was never really a problem in any of my battles and I have 55k+.  Sure, every now and then someone would tk a friendly.  I've tkd people that were trolling, but overall...its a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

To take team dmg away and leave the arty stun, though...I just can't see why you would think that is a good idea.  What. A. Stupid. Idea.

I bet there are arty players out there that will use this to troll players they dont feel are playing the way they would want.  What happens to that passive scout when arty doesn't like him playing passive and wants him to scout so he starts stunning him over and over.  I can easily see some arty players out there doing that. 

Whatever, WG.

Charles_Cook #24 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 03:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 9798 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH
Removing FF is a mistake

Swearengen5 #25 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 04:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 60881 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

No FF ????  Yet another bad decision to make even more veteran players jump ship. 

Just plain disgusted by all the unrealistic and crappy additions to this game over the past 2 years.   

Zero faith that WG management can keep this game pointed North.  Letting premium time lapse and will be spending my gaming time/money elsewhere.

GlidingBoulder #26 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 20:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30352 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 11 2019 - 15:08, said:

• Removal of friendly fire in Random Battles

It's about #$%^&*()_)(*&^%$%#$%^&*()(*&^%$$#$%^&*()_)+_)*(&^%^$%#$^%&*&()_*&*(^%$%#^#&^*&(*)()*&^&%*$&$&*&(*))**&^&(%*$%&$&$&**()*(&^%$^&*(*)&)*&^%*$&#^#&^*&(*)(_)(*(&^*%$&#^$&^%*&^(*&)(_)(+*)&*^%&$^# time... 

Tired of trolls killing teammates at the start.

Tired of "Good Clans" team killing people and getting away with it.

Tired of getting shot because someone thinks they're righteous and were ordained by God to punish someone for not playing the way they thing you should be playing.

Tired of trolls...... Team damage is only beneficial to trolls. Fight me.

Team damage has been the most frustrating and anti-teamwork mechanic in this stupid game.

Warthunder doesn't have team damage or the rage that WG has.

WoT Blitz doesn't have team damage.

If someone shoots a teammate, the only person that should be punished is the A-team hole that clicked, not the 14 other people actually trying to have fun.

For those saying removing team damage is a bad thing, upload ONE REPLAY where you won because you got team killed.

WG can eat a pixel grenade.

Russia bias confirmed.

Mikosah #27 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 14:37

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostNemoKeine, on Jul 12 2019 - 12:08, said:

The British LTS are just sad looking, less DPM than wheeled vehicles? potato gun handling? almost no ammo count? mediocre mobility? middling view range? why would anyone want to play them other than wanting something British? in what way on the real server are these "fun"?   The only thing they do is make some of the German LTs (T7, 8, 10) look okay by comparison.

Agreed. The really strange thing is that the announcement calls them 'well armed' light tanks with high alpha, but these descriptions couldn't be further from the truth. The alpha values are completely unremarkable for the respective tiers, the DPM and other handling traits are in general anywhere from bad to outright disastrous, and the ammo capacity is hilariously low. Penetration might be above average, but not by enough to make any kind of difference to tactics.

But I do see potential for a good line if WG just decides what they actually want. If they want dedicated scouts, then improve the view range and then they can say honestly and accurately that these aren't well armed but they are good spotters. If they want this line to be good at ambushing, then improve the rate of fire and give them good HESH shells, let them severely punish any tank they can get behind. If they want sniping light tanks, then improve the accuracy, handling, and shell capacity. Remove that stupid and unnecessary rule that tier 10 lights have additional pen falloff at range.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #28 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 16:22

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
    No friendly fire..... And I Haven't played since the change.... Removing friendly fire is only going to teach players bad gun handling habits. It removes the level of skill and judgement players that refrain from friendly fire gain over time.. Removing friendly fire seems to be the bad compromise made, instead of more labor intensive banning.... It changes the game in too arcadey of a way.... It's like it crosses the line between acceptable levels of realism and too much arcade game...

Rawrlynn #29 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 05:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32963 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostGlidingBoulder, on Jul 13 2019 - 20:40, said:

It's about #$%^&*()_)(*&^%$%#$%^&*()(*&^%$$#$%^&*()_)+_)*(&^%^$%#$^%&*&()_*&*(^%$%#^#&^*&(*)()*&^&%*$&$&*&(*))**&^&(%*$%&$&$&**()*(&^%$^&*(*)&)*&^%*$&#^#&^*&(*)(_)(*(&^*%$&#^$&^%*&^(*&)(_)(+*)&*^%&$^# time... 

Tired of trolls killing teammates at the start.

Tired of "Good Clans" team killing people and getting away with it.

Tired of getting shot because someone thinks they're righteous and were ordained by God to punish someone for not playing the way they thing you should be playing.

Tired of trolls...... Team damage is only beneficial to trolls. Fight me.

Team damage has been the most frustrating and anti-teamwork mechanic in this stupid game.

Warthunder doesn't have team damage or the rage that WG has.

WoT Blitz doesn't have team damage.

If someone shoots a teammate, the only person that should be punished is the A-team hole that clicked, not the 14 other people actually trying to have fun.

For those saying removing team damage is a bad thing, upload ONE REPLAY where you won because you got team killed.  I can show you a few hundred where I won because the other team team killed their star player by accident. 

WG can eat a pixel grenade.

Russia bias confirmed.

removing FF is probably one of the worst things they can do. 

1. the trolls will still find a way

2. the penalty should be changed not remove it all together

3. compensation/fine was never high enough  - the TK'er should have just been charged FULL repairs, FULL ammo cost and ALL loaded consumable cost + 15% of the tank the TK'd 

4. removing FF will turn this into a "racing" game with the ability to shoot opponents. 

5. I think with the removal of FF it will make this game a lot less fun then it is as people won't be thinking about where anyone is and just spray and pray. 

Edited by Rawrlynn, Jul 15 2019 - 05:38.

wrenchn #30 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 21:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59101 battles
I am against doing away with friendly fire, if you intend on doing that.....then that brings next, baby bottles for each (if so make mine chocolate milk) And the we STILL have to put up with tankers pushing your tank around and out of the way or pushing you around the entire battle to take 2 tanks out of the battle. So no matter what decision is made, it does nothing but chase the tankers away. Maybe jail sentences coming down the path!

Snakebyte77 #31 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 02:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14221 battles
  • [LMB] LMB
The biggest thing that needs fixed is Matchmaker.  49 games today with 13 wins and it doesn't matter if you get 3-8 kills a match.

stalkervision #32 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 69493 battles
You human's are far too emotional on this subject. On Vulcan this topic wouldn't even appear as we are a logical race. You on the other hand exhibit all the emotional control of a Earth creature Tazmanian devil .

zxsteel #33 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 04:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 10347 battles
  • [NTL-M] NTL-M
Why I do like the Legionaire system it's just not helping the smaller clans, it's time we move to a more helpful system to work along side the idea of legionaires. I would like to see a new ally system which allows clans to ally with no more then 2 other clans. The feature of this system would allow you to pool any mount of man power between the clans for strongholds or season events for clans.   

el_01 #34 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 05:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3608 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Meh. All this honestly doesn't influence me much. Too potato (as a general player) to do SPG missions (I SUCK in them for some reason even though they're supposed to be easy to play), not really a fan of light tanks in general so no Brit ones for me, customization is just meh, I guess making your tank look cool is a plus, but I don't really care enough to do it, and removal of team damage doesn't do much for me specifically, but it could be helpful to other people. Sorry to sound so down about the update, but it's just my thoughts on it as a whole. Then again this is coming from a textbook potato player so I suppose that people who actually do well in the game might feel more strongly about the update.

cavalry11 #35 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49875 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Most idiots get stunned by friendly arty fire because they feel they must face hug every tank. I mark where I am shooting and if you are stupid enough to stay close then it is on you, your fault.

Day_of_the_dead #36 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 21:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 24605 battles
Checking the stuff in the new patch, I have some mixed feelings about the content of the patch. Frankly I enjoy the no team damage, lost some missions cause of that and finally seeing that is being implemented could make it a whole lot better to finish the missions.

Now about the new UK light tanks.

cordycord #37 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 05:01

Private

• Players
  • 26173 battles
  • [DNGR] DNGR

WOT can upgrade all they want.  As long as matchmaking continues to be [edited], it affects the entire game.  I had an almost 69% win average over 24 hours yesterday (16 battles), and today I'm 0 for 5.  In other words, it's not me. The good, the bad....it's not me.  Which sucks.  Takes all the fun out of the game.

Speaking of which, can we actually call any 15:4 / 4:15 or less game a "game"?  Rofflestomp, yes.  [edited]-kicking, yes.  Game?  Not really.

This should be job #1 for WOT.

recharge #38 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 00:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 38393 battles
  • [FISH-] FISH-

Of all the changes: DOGTAGS SUCK!

I'm already sick of seeing them.

There needs to be a way to turn them off!

clownster #39 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 13:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 57430 battles
  • [LEAP] LEAP

Why did you remove the tracers from arty?

No more counter arty ?

No more adjusting your shots?

No more friendly fire, come on snowflakes game is getting more and more like Mario carts !

You gave us dog tags ? I feel so much better now .

Time to look for a new game !

War thunder looks better all the time.

WOT you went to far this time.

Edited by clownster, Aug 16 2019 - 13:36.

Wolf_Jaeger_ #40 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 04:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles
  • [VPR1] VPR1
I have a crazy question. Why is there no Storm Tigers in the game? And no Pumas? And a lot of the French tanks of the 50's and 60's I believe were co developed by the Germans. Why is there such an anti German bias? Are these bad questions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users