RNG

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

tod914 #41 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 64679 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Jul 12 2019 - 13:51, said:

Odd.  I play on the same NA server.  I don't experience any of these 'issues' you speak of. 

Maybe stop assuming ?  Try to own , and fix your own issue?  

Wishful thinking I know.

I have on multiple occasions smart a$$.

Hellsfog #42 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostCaptain_Dave, on Jul 12 2019 - 09:10, said:

As an improving player, I find RNG to be very, very frustrating  I'm not getting the full benefit for improving my tactics and proficiencies.  

I vote to drop it down to 15%. 

RNG can be frustrating for everyone. Nobody, especially higher skilled players, likes it when they low roll on what should be a kill shot or a perfectly aimed shot goes to the lower right corner of the circle. However, everybody loves when they have a glorious snap shot, high damage roll or ammo rack.  It adds an uncertainty to the game, which I like when it goes my way.  

RingoMcHarrison #43 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 21:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36357 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Jul 12 2019 - 15:51, said:

Odd.  I play on the same NA server.  I don't experience any of these 'issues' you speak of. 

Maybe stop assuming ?  Try to own , and fix your own issue?  

Wishful thinking I know.

He's claiming NA has a different RNG than the other servers? That's a new level of tinfoil.

Captain_Dave #44 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 21:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 36221 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 12 2019 - 19:03, said:

RNG can be frustrating for everyone. Nobody, especially higher skilled players, likes it when they low roll on what should be a kill shot or a perfectly aimed shot goes to the lower right corner of the circle. However, everybody loves when they have a glorious snap shot, high damage roll or ammo rack.  It adds an uncertainty to the game, which I like when it goes my way.  

Have to agree that the game needs at least some randomness.  

da_Rock002 #45 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 9556 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Jul 12 2019 - 08:15, said:

You do not need to see the source code to determine softwares’ behavior.

Black-box testing is one way.

OK, you've been watching the game for awhile.

SHOW everyone proof the random player selection is working correctly.    Correct random and biased (broken) random looks the same.

Be so kind as to explain how testing would show otherwise.   

BTW, you just proved to all the programmers in the audience that you are absolutely not a programmer, or certainly not a competent one.     

Flarvin #46 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 54607 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Jul 12 2019 - 15:52, said:

SHOW everyone proof the random player selection is working correctly.    Correct random and biased (broken) random looks the same.

BTW, you just proved to all the programmers in the audience that you are absolutely not a programmer, or certainly not a competent one.     

Any programmer that has not heard of black-box testing, is one I could careless how they felt about my software development knowledge. lol

Since you are having a difficult time wrapping your head around the idea of black-box testing, maybe this link will help you. 

http://softwaretestingfundamentals.com/black-box-testing/

But I have a strong feeling it will not help. lol 

Hellsfog #47 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Jul 12 2019 - 15:52, said:

NeatoMan beat you senseless the last several times you started with this foolishness. I think you'd be tired of it but why don't you go reread those threads. While you're at it, find some new material. These mythical programmers of yours must be tired of you embarrassing them.

tod914 #48 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 64679 battles

View Postdiego999, on Jul 12 2019 - 15:18, said:

He's claiming NA has a different RNG than the other servers? That's a new level of tinfoil.

Learn to read.  I stated due to routing or server issues.  Or is it a comprehension issue for you too?

Edited by tod914, Jul 12 2019 - 22:15.

45_GrabHerBtP_45 #49 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 22:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 14218 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ
I'll bet money that OP has the enhanced zoom checked under his options. The game wasn't designed to go beyond 8x or w/e it is. If you enable both of the enhanced zooms your shots will appear to defy RNG. If you were to actually shoot those shots at the originally designed max zoom level, you will see it land well within the the boundaries of dispersion.

RingoMcHarrison #50 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 23:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36357 battles

View Posttod914, on Jul 12 2019 - 18:14, said:

Learn to read.  I stated due to routing or server issues.  Or is it a comprehension issue for you too?

Then it was lag or packet loss. Nothing to do with RNG.

Quikzdraw #51 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 04:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 11 2019 - 21:09, said:

You got the name wrong again, and you really need to cool off that bro-crush you have for me.

Also... RNG never changes, it is generated at the time of each individual shot and is never changed or manipulated for any gun, tank, player, team, battle, or mode.

It's not a straight +/- 25% either... it's better than that, being +/- 11 to 25% for only 1/3 of all shots and only +/- 0 to 10% for the other 2/3.

Quikzdraw #52 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 05:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 11 2019 - 21:43, said:

No matter how much you profess your passion for me... you're out of luck.  My wife is unwilling to share me.  Also, I'm not into dudes.

Ronnie.

One of you you famous statements is ,

when a player posts something and there is no screenshot to confirm what is posted , you usually  state,

no screenshot it did not happen.                      

So you state you gathered information from thousands of games to calculate the r.n.g. . Now if I did that much fact finding,  spread sheets,  etc. etc. on thousands of games,  I would have the info saved.

So is it fair to say.

if you do not have a screenshot it didn't happen.

You state you have played thousands of games on all your different accounts.You only post on your preddy account that has mostly  tier six and under tanks.           

So. Is it fair to say,

if you don't have a screenshot of all these thosands of games on your different accounts it didn't happen.

So let's see your screenshots  YOUUU have always ask for. I  believe that would only be fair.

Now if I said post a screenshot  of your young beautiful model wife oooor it didn't happen. Or,  I asked you to post a screenshot of proof you we're a pilot oooor it didn't happen. Or I ask you to post a screenshot of you in Brazil, oooor it didn't happen. Or I ask  you to post a screenshot of you driving your expensive racecar oooor  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dang YOU  have posted a lot  your personal life in this game oooor  it just  didn't happen.

IceOtter #53 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 05:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60566 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostPipinghot, on Jul 11 2019 - 18:37, said:

No. Just no.

RNG is the same +/-25% it has always been since the beginning of the game, and shot dispersion hasn't been changed in a long time.

Look - even if I believe COMPLETELY what you're saying - and that's a stretch - it still ignores a key feature that I addressed, and one I didn't.  What I addressed was fairly simple - and can disappear within game statistics.  If the player base is primarily below average - and I'd say 75% at a minimum are (which is already skewed heavily by way of the expected "random" bell curve, then creating an algorithm by which poor players more readily hit and pen good players makes perfect sense.  The much smaller group of good players get peppered whenever they take the slightest risk - and when the below average players shoot at each other they no longer trigger the algorithm and hence you get a respectable and reasonable RNG curve.  That's just BASIC coding - there is NO ROCKET SCIENCE involved there AT ALL.

The issue I didn't address takes the above issue one step further, and also has SO MANY HISTORICAL PRECEDENTS that I not waste my time reporting them for Wargaming fan boys, but just know that I know that YOU KNOW that I'm right.  Again, there is NOTHING better than a simple solution.  When you play an online computer game you will ALWAYS be at the mercy of the people who control that game.  You ever hear of an Admin kicking someone they don't like off their site?  I knew you had.  It's the exact same principal.  ANY CODE THAT HAS numeric values can contain MODIFIERS for that code.  Whats so funny is that everybody KNEW that Serb had code that he used against you if you were on his defecation list because you had angered one of his pets.  So how simple is this: you use an if/then/else statement.  If Player X is on list SCREW then modify KEY VALUES by plus or minus Y% else do nothing.

You guys act like this would be the most difficult process in the world - but they own EVERYTHING about the game and can do ANYTHING they want with it.  It has ALWAYS been this way and it will ALWAYS BE this way - the house ALWAYS wins.

Edited by IceOtter, Jul 13 2019 - 05:57.

Pipinghot #54 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostIceOtter, on Jul 12 2019 - 23:55, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jul 11 2019 - 18:37, said:

No. Just no.

RNG is the same +/-25% it has always been since the beginning of the game, and shot dispersion hasn't been changed in a long time.

Look - even if I believe COMPLETELY what you're saying - and that's a stretch

It shouldn't be a stretch. You've been playing this game since 2012, which means you've had just as much opportunity as anyone else to read or watch the information that WG has published on RNG and Shot Dispersion, you should know how long ago it was that shot dispersion was last changed and you should know that RNG has always been -/-25%.

If the RNG was something different than +/-25% it would be easy to prove it, so if you don't believe that's true it you could prove it to yourself without too much effort. And there are people who have published videos showing how shot dispersion works, and showing that it works just like WG says it does. People have done the testing and published their results, it's not hard to find them if you're actually seeking facts and information. You don't need to trust me, the information is out there.

What I addressed was fairly simple - and can disappear within game statistics.  If the player base is primarily below average - and I'd say 75% at a minimum are

You need to stop right there, you're severely misusing what average means. 75% of the player base cannot be below average. By definition, half of the player base is below average and half is above average (except for those few people who have an exactly average win rate). You might feel that the average skill level should be higher, but your personal feelings about how other people "should" play don't control the universe. Average is average whether you like it or not, and you can't just decide that 75% of the players are below average, that's just crazy talk.

This also means that any arguments you've built on the idea that 75% of the player base are below average are all going to be bad arguments. You're not making arguments based on facts, math, reasoning and critical thinking, you're making arguments based on confirmation bias, bad math and tinfoil hat theories. I'm not saying that to insult you, I'm saying it in the hopes of opening your eyes to the mistakes you're making.

You are letting yourself go down the wrong path, misunderstanding how things work and then making up bad ideas to "explain" the things that you're misunderstanding. I can only hope for your sake that you're willing to take an honest look at what you're doing wrong and take off the tin foil hat, that kind of thinking is poison and will ruin your ability to understand and enjoy the game.

which is already skewed heavily by way of the expected "random" bell curve

This is the kind of thing that you need to un-twist in your mind. The bell curve is not random, in fact there's no such thing as a random bell curve, that's a concept that can't exist.

And, the fact that you put "random" in quotes shows that you're having a problem with confirmation bias, you imagine you're seeing patterns that aren't really there. Mind you, this is pretty normal. The human mind has a hard time with randomness, it's even a problem for professions that use math a lot. We're hard wired to recognize patterns, which was an important part of our evolution, but and the downside of having "excellent pattern recognition skills" is that we're prone to imagining that we see patterns where they don't really exist, and when that happens our minds get infected by confirmation bias. The cure for confirmation bias starts with understand what it is and how it infects us, then to admit that it can happen to you just like anyone else, and then looking for real data and information that can teach you the true answers so that confirmation bias can't poison your thinking.

then creating an algorithm by which poor players more readily hit and pen good players makes perfect sense.  The much smaller group of good players get peppered whenever they take the slightest risk - and when the below average players shoot at each other they no longer trigger the algorithm and hence you get a respectable and reasonable RNG curve.  That's just BASIC coding - there is NO ROCKET SCIENCE involved there AT ALL.

That is not happening, it's just that simple. But if you need to prove to yourself that it's not happening you can do it, it just requires some work.

Watch your replays, and then make a chart that shows how often bad players hit/miss you, how often average players hit/miss you and how often good players hit/miss you, and finally how often you hit/miss other people. It would take some work to do this, but it's not rocket science. All you have to do is watch the replays in slow motion, then pause then whenever a shot is fired so you can record it in your chart. You don't even have to do this with a super large number of battles, around 25 of them ought to be good enough.

If you are willing to do that work you can prove to yourself that your idea is a tin foil hat theory that has no basis in reality. You don't need to trust me, you don't need to trust WG, you don't need to believe anyone else, you can prove it to yourself but you have to be willing to do the work to make it happen.

The issue I didn't address takes the above issue one step further, and also has SO MANY HISTORICAL PRECEDENTS that I not waste my time reporting them for Wargaming fan boys, but just know that I know that YOU KNOW that I'm right.  Again, there is NOTHING better than a simple solution.  When you play an online computer game you will ALWAYS be at the mercy of the people who control that game.  You ever hear of an Admin kicking someone they don't like off their site?  I knew you had.  It's the exact same principal.  ANY CODE THAT HAS numeric values can contain MODIFIERS for that code.  Whats so funny is that everybody KNEW that Serb had code that he used against you if you were on his defecation list because you had angered one of his pets.  So how simple is this: you use an if/then/else statement.  If Player X is on list SCREW then modify KEY VALUES by plus or minus Y% else do nothing.

No, that never, ever happened. Yes, people have said that a lot over the years, "What did you do to make Serb angry?" but it was a joke, it was sarcasm intended to help people understand that they were being paranoid and silly. No one in their right mind has ever seriously proposed that this has happened, it's complete garbage. There is a huge difference between an admin kicking someone they don't like off of their site and adding code to the game to abuse people, and anyone who thinks that WG has actually used their code to abuse someone just needs to go away, that's complete garbage.

You guys act like this would be the most difficult process in the world - but they own EVERYTHING about the game and can do ANYTHING they want with it.  It has ALWAYS been this way and it will ALWAYS BE this way - the house ALWAYS wins.

No one acts like that would be a difficult process, that's a false argument.

The real argument is that WG has millions of players and it makes no sense, no sense at all, for them to ever do this, not even once.

If you really believe that WG has ever done this, to any player, even once, then you should never bother posting again. Only an idiot would keep playing a game when they believe the publisher is that corrupt and malicious. And the thing is I don't think you're an idiot, I think that you're a little bit misguided and having problems with confirmation bias. You have the chance to turn things around and get these wrong ideas out of your head, the only question is whether you're willing to really do it.

Edited by Pipinghot, Jul 13 2019 - 18:54.

Quikzdraw #55 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 02:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Jul 11 2019 - 21:27, said:

If Ron Copeland is not your name, then HOW do you know I am talking about you?    You LIE about your name and just about everything about you, and you expect some of us to believe the BS that comes out of your fingers?  Give it a break.  You were proven here to be a liar many times over in the past.  Also on other websites where your life is an open book.

It is nice that WG has shared the source code for WOT with you ... that is the ONLY way you'd REALLY know for CERTAIN what is happening under the covers.  If not, NOTHING you spout has any certainty associated with it.

And you can STOP quoting WG notes and memos ... they too have PROVEN to be unreliable in terms of game and tank direction.  The more you spout BS the less credibility you have.  And it is amazing that you don't even know your own name anymore.

You may have some Ron Copeland fans here ... we KNOW that 6 of them are your other accounts.

Give it a break.

Bravo,,, Geo

Quikzdraw #56 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 02:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jul 12 2019 - 23:12, said:

Ronnie.

One of you you famous statements is ,when a player posts something and there is no screenshot to confirm what is posted , you usually  state,

no screenshot it did not happen.                      

You state you gathered information from thousands of games to calculate the r.n.g. . Now,  if I did that much fact finding,  spread sheets,  etc. etc. on thousands of games,  I would have the info saved.

So is it fair to say.

if you do not have a screenshot it didn't happen.

You state you have played thousands of games on all your different accounts.You only post on your preddy account that has mostly  tier six and under tanks.           

So. Is it fair to say,

if you don't have a screenshot of all these thosands of games on your different accounts it didn't happen.

So let's see your screenshots  YOUUU have always ask for. I  believe that would only be fair.

Now if I said post a screenshot  of your young beautiful model wife oooor it didn't happen. Or,  I asked you to post a screenshot of proof you we're a pilot oooor it didn't happen. Or I ask you to post a screenshot of you in Brazil, oooor it didn't happen. Or I ask  you to post a screenshot of you driving your expensive racecar oooor  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dang YOU  have posted a lot  your personal life in this game oooor  it just  didn't happen.

Ronnie, 

With out a screenshot ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  it  didn't happen.

Quikzdraw #57 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 04:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jul 13 2019 - 20:21, said:

Ronnie, aka George Preddy,

Without a screenshot it just didn't happen.

Quikzdraw #58 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 02:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14365 battles

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jul 14 2019 - 22:19, said:

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jul 13 2019 - 20:21, said:

Ronnie, aka George Preddy,

Without a screenshot it just didn't happen.

Also tagged with RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users