Jump to content


KV-85 Ace Tanker 2x in Less Than 50 Battles - Are People Not Playing This Tank?

kv85 ace tanker

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

APA_Woody #1 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 15:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6176 battles
  • 100
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

I spent the first year and a half avoiding playing Soviet tanks, as I was attracted to playing US/British tanks and then fell in love with the Swedish mediums. Only recently (last month or so) have I started focusing on working the Soviet Heavy tank line(s). I flew through the tier Vs KV1 and KV1S (really enjoyed KV1 although win % sucked in the only 10 matches played in the tank), and I have played 49 battles total in the KV-85. I achieved an Ace Tanker in less than 10 battles with the KV-85, and I aced the tank again last night in the first match I played in the tank. Maybe the tank just really suits my style, but it's the first tank I've achieved two ace tankers in and shocked me that it came again with under 50 battles. Is this attributable to not many people playing it, or is it that so many are playing it but do really poorly in the tank??? Really curious as to your thoughts.

 

My avg damage per game is (to me) a "meh" 753.4/game, and I have a decent wn8 of 1532 and win % of 67.3% (granted small sample size I know) in the KV-85. Really wondering if this may be the start of a new love affair...



Der_Apfelvater #2 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 45304 battles
  • 498
  • [ALERT] ALERT
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

One of my favorite tanks.

 



zippychippy #3 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:14

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19327 battles
  • 270
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    12-26-2016
How much damage for the ace?

QuicksilverJPR #4 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 27894 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Postzippychippy, on Jul 12 2019 - 10:14, said:

How much damage for the ace?

It's not damage, it's XP you need for an Ace Tanker.  Damage is only part of the equation.  You probably need more than 2 kills, and approx 4x your own HP in damage to consistently ace it...



heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 73097 battles
  • 22,271
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

OP may have just had a really good game.  My very first game in the T30 (free xp'd modules so it was elited) was an Ace.

 

Plus one OP Aces are always nice.  Especially on popular tanks as they're usually harder to Ace because of sample size.

 

Also keep in mind mastery badges are based on the server averages for the past week.  Also they're based on raw xp.

 

It's not a static week, but goes back a week from your just played game.  Otherwise badges could be manipulated.

 

So sometimes timing can be involved.

 

I've aced a few tanks only to find out that it was with lower xp amounts than my best which was a 1 badge because of the week.

 

 

 



APA_Woody #6 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 18:04

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6176 battles
  • 100
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 12 2019 - 10:45, said:

OP may have just had a really good game.  My very first game in the T30 (free xp'd modules so it was elited) was an Ace.

 

Plus one OP Aces are always nice.  Especially on popular tanks as they're usually harder to Ace because of sample size.

 

Also keep in mind mastery badges are based on the server averages for the past week.  Also they're based on raw xp.

 

It's not a static week, but goes back a week from your just played game.  Otherwise badges could be manipulated.

 

So sometimes timing can be involved.

 

I've aced a few tanks only to find out that it was with lower xp amounts than my best which was a 1 badge because of the week.

 

 

 

 

Is there a way I can go back now and see the xp for last night's ace? I do know it was in a tier VIII matchup with over 1700 dmg dealt, 5 kills, and a good bit of assist damage. I was the 2nd highest on my team in damage dealt and xp earned, so I wasn't even the highest xp earner (which is exactly what prompted me to ask this question). I just don't know the exact amount of xp that I earned in that game right off the top of my head. I guess I had been under impression Ace Tankers were like MOEs and based more off damage dealt in a match, but now that I know it's more xp related, that makes more sense bc at least three of my 5 kills were up-tier tanks (two kills of IS2s, one of a Cent Mk 1), and I dealt more damaging shots to the IS2's twin platoon mate as well. I know that dealing damage to higher tiers provides more xp, so that definitely had more to do with this ace award then.

 

Appreciate the feedback and info, I still have a lot to learn! :B



heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 18:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 73097 battles
  • 22,271
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostAPA_Woody, on Jul 12 2019 - 13:04, said:

 

Is there a way I can go back now and see the xp for last night's ace? I do know it was in a tier VIII matchup with over 1700 dmg dealt, 5 kills, and a good bit of assist damage. I was the 2nd highest on my team in damage dealt and xp earned, so I wasn't even the highest xp earner (which is exactly what prompted me to ask this question). I just don't know the exact amount of xp that I earned in that game right off the top of my head. I guess I had been under impression Ace Tankers were like MOEs and based more off damage dealt in a match, but now that I know it's more xp related, that makes more sense bc at least three of my 5 kills were up-tier tanks (two kills of IS2s, one of a Cent Mk 1), and I dealt more damaging shots to the IS2's twin platoon mate as well. I know that dealing damage to higher tiers provides more xp, so that definitely had more to do with this ace award then.

 

Appreciate the feedback and info, I still have a lot to learn! :B

 

It should be on your service record for the tank.  By should I mean the highest xp ever earned will be shown which should be the Ace.   Exception being when you get an Ace with less xp than a 1 badge like I've done a few times.

 

 



MiddleAgedNoob #8 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 23:27

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18383 battles
  • 686
  • [MARV] MARV
  • Member since:
    10-29-2016

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 12 2019 - 12:20, said:

 

It should be on your service record for the tank.  By should I mean the highest xp ever earned will be shown which should be the Ace.   Exception being when you get an Ace with less xp than a 1 badge like I've done a few times.

 

 

 

If you kept the replay, you can also upload it to the wotreplay.eu website.  The page so created will show the same information as was shown in the end of game end plates.  It only works if you stayed in the game until the end.

 

See this one for example:   http://wotreplays.eu/site/4947599#karelia-middleagednoob-amx_12_t

 

GLHF



APA_Woody #9 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 14:46

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6176 battles
  • 100
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Jul 12 2019 - 17:27, said:

 

If you kept the replay, you can also upload it to the wotreplay.eu website.  The page so created will show the same information as was shown in the end of game end plates.  It only works if you stayed in the game until the end.

 

See this one for example:   http://wotreplays.eu/site/4947599#karelia-middleagednoob-amx_12_t

 

GLHF


Sadly, the replays were set to "record last battle only" and not all...:facepalm:

 

P.S. I love the AMX 12t...such a fun tank at tier VI.



Stealth2920 #10 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 18:40

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 2291 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    06-06-2019

View PostAPA_Woody, on Jul 12 2019 - 08:56, said:

I spent the first year and a half avoiding playing Soviet tanks, as I was attracted to playing US/British tanks and then fell in love with the Swedish mediums. Only recently (last month or so) have I started focusing on working the Soviet Heavy tank line(s). I flew through the tier Vs KV1 and KV1S (really enjoyed KV1 although win % sucked in the only 10 matches played in the tank), and I have played 49 battles total in the KV-85. I achieved an Ace Tanker in less than 10 battles with the KV-85, and I aced the tank again last night in the first match I played in the tank. Maybe the tank just really suits my style, but it's the first tank I've achieved two ace tankers in and shocked me that it came again with under 50 battles. Is this attributable to not many people playing it, or is it that so many are playing it but do really poorly in the tank??? Really curious as to your thoughts.

 

My avg damage per game is (to me) a "meh" 753.4/game, and I have a decent wn8 of 1532 and win % of 67.3% (granted small sample size I know) in the KV-85. Really wondering if this may be the start of a new love affair...

Which gun do you normally use on this tank.  Just got it and the 85mm is faster loading but the bigger one has more damage.



legothelamb #11 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 02:36

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 8658 battles
  • 4
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostStealth2920, on Aug 30 2019 - 18:40, said:

Which gun do you normally use on this tank.  Just got it and the 85mm is faster loading but the bigger one has more damage.

Unless they've changed it since I sold mine, the 100mm and the 122mm were both good options. I preferred the 100mm, but I've seen guys with more Marks than I have using both.



Stealth2920 #12 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 15:56

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 2291 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    06-06-2019

View Postlegothelamb, on Aug 30 2019 - 19:36, said:

Unless they've changed it since I sold mine, the 100mm and the 122mm were both good options. I preferred the 100mm, but I've seen guys with more Marks than I have using both.

Thanks I am still in the research mode and have just obtained the 100mm.  I have played a couple games and that gun seems pretty good plus it reloads at a decent speed.



APA_Woody #13 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 16:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6176 battles
  • 100
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostStealth2920, on Sep 03 2019 - 09:56, said:

Thanks I am still in the research mode and have just obtained the 100mm.  I have played a couple games and that gun seems pretty good plus it reloads at a decent speed.


I used the 100mm exclusively and held off on unlocking the 122mm until recently after unlocking the IS and KV-13 respectively. My play-style is more conducive to the better dpm with the 100mm than the big boom alpha of the 122mm. Since I've played it well for over 100 battles now, I may experiment with the 122mm just for kicks and giggles, but I really like the way the 100mm performs overall that I suspect I'll go back to it when I want to play this tank (which I'm pretty sure I'll always hang on to because I have enjoyed it so much).







Also tagged with kv85, ace tanker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users