Changing Crew Skills

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2372 battles

Hi Everyone,

When I was first starting out I didn't know what I was doing with crew Skills/Perks.

Some of my crew members have BIA, some don't.

I want to correct that.

For instance, one crew member has 100% Camo, 100% Recon,  and 55% of an undesignated Skill/Perk.

I want to leave the Camo,  change the 100% Recon to 100% BIA,  and the 55% undesignated to 55% Recon.

How do I do that?  I have Gold to spend.

Thank You

Thank You 

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 70773 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP you have to go to the personnel file and reset their crew skills.  Reset menu is lower left.

And do it with gold, because if you do it with silver or for free you'll take a penalty on the xp amounts and lose a considerable amount.

If it's a low skill crew then silver or even free is ok depending on the levels.  But for a two and a half skill crew go with gold.  It's 200 per crewman.

When you reset it will reset all the perks and allow you to chose them all again.

There are some crew that have some skills hard set and they can't be reset.  But they are reward/special crews like the PM females and the Berlin crews.

If you hover over their skills in the personnel file it'll tell you if the skill cannot be reset.  And the ones that can't be reset are first skills and usually BIA.  

And OP if you're not in a hurry wait on a crew skill reset sale which normally brings it down to 100 per member.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Jul 12 2019 - 16:56.

Ken_McGuire #3 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:04

Captain

• Players
  • 30170 battles
In addition to the above, if the crew person has the Recon skill, that means it is the commander. I strongly suggest that 6th sense be one of the perks you reset him for - and then BIA if you want BIA on all the crew.

Ta_Hun_Kwai #4 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16965 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Jul 12 2019 - 07:44, said:

Hi Everyone,

When I was first starting out I didn't know what I was doing with crew Skills/Perks. Some of my crew members have BIA, some don't.

I want to correct that. For instance, one crew member has 100% Camo, 100% Recon,  and 55% of an undesignated Skill/Perk.

I want to leave the Camo,  change the 100% Recon to 100% BIA,  and the 55% undesignated to 55% Recon.

How do I do that?  I have Gold to spend.

Thank You

ok for resetting skills and perks you need to pay 200 gold 20k credits or free based on what you pay you lose 0%, 10%, 20% of the total exp used to make that crew member skills and perks % for the crew member you are talking about you have a total of 728,555‬ crew exp in skill and perks based on what you pay you will lose 0xp 72,855.5xp 145,711‬xp and then be allowed to pick new skills and perks FYI BIA  only works when its 100% on all crew members of one tank

Plays_With_Matches #5 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 29614 battles

View PostTa_Hun_Kwai, on Jul 12 2019 - 11:24, said:

ok for resetting skills and perks you need to pay 200 gold 20k credits or free based on what you pay you lose 0%, 10%, 20% of the total exp used to make that crew member skills and perks % for the crew member you are talking about you have a total of 728,555‬ crew exp in skill and perks based on what you pay you will lose 0xp 72,855.5xp 145,711‬xp and then be allowed to pick new skills and perks FYI BIA  only works when its 100% on all crew members of one tank

^^^ This and I can't stress enough that every crew member in a particular tank has to have BIA trained to 100% or it's not active for any of them.  The BIA icon on your crewman will be grayed out if BIA is selected and one of the crew doesn't have BIA trained to 100%.

UnitG2 #6 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31715 battles

Also, one hopes that we will have a crew retraining special (half price in gold or silver) at least by labour day.

Yes there is a 10% (I think) penalty for resetting skills with silver, but Crewbooks have really changed that impact imo.

Spend wisely.

edit: When I was first starting out I found this somewhere. Possibly out of date but I still use as a rough guide for consideration:

Lights
Commander: Sixth Sense, Camouflage, Repair
Gunner: Camouflage, Snap Shot, Repair
Driver: Camouflage, Off-Road Driving, Repair
Loader: Safe Stowage, Camouflage, Repair
Radio Operator: Camouflage, Situational Awareness, Repair

Mediums
Driver: Camouflage, Off-Road Driving, Clutch Breaking

Heavies
Commander: Sixth Sense, Repair, Jack of All Trades
Gunner: Snap Shot, Repair, Armorer
Driver: Off-Road Driving, Repair, Clutch Breaking
Loader: Safe Stowage, Adrenaline Rush, Repair
Radio Operator: Repair, Situational Awareness, Firefighting

Tank Destroyers
Driver: Camouflage, Off-Road Driving, Clutch Breaking

Self-Propelled Guns
Commander: Brothers in Arms, Sixth Sense, Camouflage
Gunner: Brothers in Arms, Snap Shot, Camouflage
Driver: Brothers in Arms, Off-Road Driving, Clutch Breaking
Loader: Brothers in Arms, Intuition, Camouflage
Radio Operator: Brothers in Arms, Camouflage, Situational Awareness

Edited by UnitG2, Jul 12 2019 - 19:13.

nattybumppo #7 Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35095 battles
  • [V_SOG] V_SOG
Still believe the crew for all tanks should have BIA as their 1st skill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users