Jump to content


Tank Weak Spots


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:12

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24271 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017
First let me explain before some of the responders who usually offer only insults begin, I'm quite old and am at the age where I forget easily so if I have asked this before I apologize in advance.  When I watch a video from quickybaby and he is researching a new tank he shows a colored outline of the tank so you can see where to hit or aim at.  Can anyone tell me where I can find this so I can refer to it often and hopefully it will sink in so it becomes automatic for me.  Thanks in advance for those who will help positively.

banziduck #2 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:15

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21951 battles
  • 819
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

The site is https://tanks.gg on that site you would pull up the tank you want and then select 3D model under 3D model you would change collision to live to see what the armor is compared to the gun selected.  Hope that helps.

 

Cheers


Edited by banziduck, Jul 12 2019 - 17:16.


Yojimbo50 #3 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 17:21

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24271 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017
thank you so much.  its seniors like you that make this game so much more enjoyable.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #4 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 19:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 22674 battles
  • 5,663
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012
  Unless they made them illegal, hitbox skins (that do not show the interior modules) are probably still out there for wot.... Though a lot of people (including myself) seem to consider using them cheating....

ethics_gradient #5 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 20:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 41897 battles
  • 2,379
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

Couple rules of thumb.  Lower glacis is usually weaker than upper front glacis.

Commander's hatch is usually a weak spot, as are driver's hatches.

You should generally be able to penetrate the sides of tanks, the backs are even easier, and the top is easiest, though you may have deflection angle issues.

Hitting the 2 button solves a lot of problems.



Harvester_0f_Sorrow #6 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 20:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29307 battles
  • 1,329
  • [LOYAL] LOYAL
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

Yes tanks gg is great for learning the weak spots and angles.


Edited by Harvester_0f_Sorrow, Jul 12 2019 - 20:52.


StaticWednesday #7 Posted Jul 12 2019 - 21:27

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26929 battles
  • 33
  • [XSSX] XSSX
  • Member since:
    05-30-2016

Here is my only thought....WHY?.....Let's just make the game really boring by knowing how to kill every tank in the game...that is really fun. Why play?

 

Just saying.

PS: This is not an insult...merely a thought to consider.


Edited by StaticWednesday, Jul 12 2019 - 21:29.


Ikanator #8 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 00:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11010 battles
  • 660
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016
While some of the posters have given you great advice, you should also learn to pay attention to the penetration indicator in the center of your aiming reticle. If it's green in color that means that your shot is likely (though not guaranteed) to penetrate. If it's yellow it's going to be less likely to penetrate and if it's red you're probably wasting your time making that shot.

uberdice #9 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 01:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 27252 battles
  • 9,933
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostStaticWednesday, on Jul 13 2019 - 06:27, said:

Here is my only thought....WHY?.....Let's just make the game really boring by knowing how to kill every tank in the game...that is really fun. Why play?

 

Just saying.

PS: This is not an insult...merely a thought to consider.

 

Because some people actually want to contribute to their teams in a positive way.

 

Being better at things you do is fun, and OP is right to seek advice. Not everyone has the luxury of spending thousands of hours of their lives being incompetent at a hobby they enjoy.

 

View PostIkanator, on Jul 14 2019 - 09:56, said:

While some of the posters have given you great advice, you should also learn to pay attention to the penetration indicator in the center of your aiming reticle. If it's green in color that means that your shot is likely (though not guaranteed) to penetrate. If it's yellow it's going to be less likely to penetrate and if it's red you're probably wasting your time making that shot.

 

It's not really that helpful. Green just means something like >50% chance to pen. Paying attention to where you're shooting is the difference between taking a 75% chance to pen shot over one that has only 60% chance to pen. 40% chance to waste your reload isn't a good deal.



Trakks #10 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 08:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 3801 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    11-24-2011
What I find useful on tanks.gg is to use the EFFECTIVE armor values rather than the nominal values. The effective value takes sloping into consideration, the nominal value does not and can be misleading when you're trying to determine where the weak spots are. A 50mm plate that is sloped 60 degrees is going to offer more protection than one that is vertical. If you go by the nominal value alone you may think you have a chance to penetrate when in reality you may not. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users