Jump to content


Wargaming: Needs Better Planning


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 20:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29981 battles
  • 5,060
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Howdy Tankers,

 

Just wanted to express a few quick thoughts about Wargaming's "presentations" to us:

 

1) Adding another day to the current Tank Campaign was poor planning.  Ending the Campaign on Sunday as originally posted was the proper thing to do, and I don't care if the EU started on the 4th. This might have been alright had they noticed their calculation error in the beginning but it was a few days after, so this messed up people's plans with boosters and scheduling, etc.

2) The last day of the Campaign is the first day of Front Lines.  FL is an intense grind/bore and requires many, many hours to complete a stage.  The last night of a Campaign also has its fair share of frantic.  To combine the 2 is just poor form for those of us who want to take the maximum advantage of both.  IMHO, WG should EXTEND FL by 1 day now - tit for tat.

3) Having FL overlap and immediately follow the Campaign is a recipe for burnout.  Burnout isn't good for the game.  People who earn the tank in FL might need to grind the bonds that come at the end of FL levels.  That's a lot of tanking back to back.

4) Without Ranked Battles, we are MISSING bonds that we should have had already.  Where are their replacements?  I bought some IE many months ago because I thought I'd recover those Bonds through FL and Ranked Battles. Then Ranked was cancelled ONLY IN THE NA.  I would certainly hope that some bond event is in our immediate future to make up for these Wargaming "decisions" to not provide traditional avenues.

 

Just my thoughts on where things stand today. I could have covered a variety of other topics, but I'm only negative about this right now.  Cuz right now, there's no rest for the weary...  or the wicked...

 

:sceptic:

 

__WarChild__



RetroMan55 #2 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 20:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 89776 battles
  • 1,253
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

Agree with most of your points, but if the Tank mission ends on Sunday, that is Sunday Morning at the reset - which means most weekend players will lose Sunday as a day to get those other things done.  I'd wager less players are doing Front Lines than the other missions.  But I'd also bet there is enough time to finish one set and take a nap before Front Lines starts.

 

But yes, bad event planning.  In the end, you can't please everybody every time.

 

(Btw: Nice work on the codes/info page.  Lots of +1's going your way.)_



__WarChild__ #3 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 20:44

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29981 battles
  • 5,060
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostRetroMan55, on Jul 13 2019 - 13:29, said:

Agree with most of your points, but if the Tank mission ends on Sunday, that is Sunday Morning at the reset - which means most weekend players will lose Sunday as a day to get those other things done.  I'd wager less players are doing Front Lines than the other missions.  But I'd also bet there is enough time to finish one set and take a nap before Front Lines starts.

 

But yes, bad event planning.  In the end, you can't please everybody every time.

 

(Btw: Nice work on the codes/info page.  Lots of +1's going your way.)_

 

Thank you.

 

The Tank Campaign ends on MONDAY now, not Sunday as originally planned.  So, Monday night there will be people scrambling to earn the tank and other rewards in the Tank Campaign, at the same time FL is going on.  I like to do both, but must commit to my clan and the Campaign first.  So I'll miss most of Monday's FL as a result.  That upsets my OCD when it comes to earning rewards...  :ohmy:



Helpless #4 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 20:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

this word 'planning' that you use..... i don't think it means what you think it means....



__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 21:06

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29981 battles
  • 5,060
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Jul 13 2019 - 13:51, said:

this word 'planning' that you use..... i don't think it means what you think it means....

 

 

They need better long term planning.  This cramming stuff together so tightly and leaving us without additional resources (bonds) is poor long term planning.  Might get a lot of activity in the short term, but it's upsetting me and friends of mine to the point of wanting to take extended breaks from the game (not me, I'm addicted).  



Helpless #6 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 21:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

the problem here is that ur under the mistaken impression that na or eu has any input into the decision making......

so instead of saying better planning.... a more apt word would be coordination.....


Edited by Helpless, Jul 13 2019 - 21:26.


WIZD #7 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 22:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11393 battles
  • 739
  • [ASP] ASP
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 13 2019 - 20:15, said:

Howdy Tankers,

 

Just wanted to express a few quick thoughts about Wargaming's "presentations" to us:

 

1) Adding another day to the current Tank Campaign was poor planning.  Ending the Campaign on Sunday as originally posted was the proper thing to do, and I don't care if the EU started on the 4th. This might have been alright had they noticed their calculation error in the beginning but it was a few days after, so this messed up people's plans with boosters and scheduling, etc.

2) The last day of the Campaign is the first day of Front Lines.  FL is an intense grind/bore and requires many, many hours to complete a stage.  The last night of a Campaign also has its fair share of frantic.  To combine the 2 is just poor form for those of us who want to take the maximum advantage of both.  IMHO, WG should EXTEND FL by 1 day now - tit for tat.

3) Having FL overlap and immediately follow the Campaign is a recipe for burnout.  Burnout isn't good for the game.  People who earn the tank in FL might need to grind the bonds that come at the end of FL levels.  That's a lot of tanking back to back.

4) Without Ranked Battles, we are MISSING bonds that we should have had already.  Where are their replacements?  I bought some IE many months ago because I thought I'd recover those Bonds through FL and Ranked Battles. Then Ranked was cancelled ONLY IN THE NA.  I would certainly hope that some bond event is in our immediate future to make up for these Wargaming "decisions" to not provide traditional avenues.

 

Just my thoughts on where things stand today. I could have covered a variety of other topics, but I'm only negative about this right now.  Cuz right now, there's no rest for the weary...  or the wicked...

 

:sceptic:

 

__WarChild__

Good points except 1 I don't understand. Do you mean the TankRewards mission? If so they adjusted the requirements. If you meant something else then carry on.


Edited by WIZD, Jul 13 2019 - 22:41.


ElfMagi2 #8 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 22:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 58246 battles
  • 1,484
  • [AIMED] AIMED
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013

Not to mention that next week overlaps July Mission Madness (in which to earn the top prize you cannot miss a day) and Frontlines for the entire week and as you mentioned CW Campaign on Monday.

Frontlines takes me about 15 hours a week to gain 1 Prestige and depending on what teams I get  anywhere from 1-2 hours to get 7 wins for JMM. 

3-4 hours of play every day is just a bit much IMO.



__WarChild__ #9 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 23:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29981 battles
  • 5,060
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostWIZD, on Jul 13 2019 - 15:41, said:

Good points except 1 I don't understand. Do you mean the TankRewards mission? If so they adjusted the requirements. If you meant something else then carry on.

 

I'm not sure where you're getting the possibility of Tank Rewards from my post.  In any case, I am not referring to Tank Rewards - BUT - that's another grind type thing they have right now mixed in with the rest.

 

View PostElfMagi2, on Jul 13 2019 - 15:54, said:

Not to mention that next week overlaps July Mission Madness (in which to earn the top prize you cannot miss a day) and Frontlines for the entire week and as you mentioned CW Campaign on Monday.

Frontlines takes me about 15 hours a week to gain 1 Prestige and depending on what teams I get  anywhere from 1-2 hours to get 7 wins for JMM. 

3-4 hours of play every day is just a bit much IMO.

 

Excellent add on and I am in a similar situation when it comes to FL. 



Sleeper_has_Awaken #10 Posted Jul 13 2019 - 23:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4456 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

Don't play frontline, its lame anyways!!!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users