What Steps Have U Taken to Prepare for the Boogaloo?

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

Ikanator #321 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 14:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10976 battles

Aftermath of Dorian in the Bahamas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7434531/Militias-form-stop-looting-devastated-Bahamas-wake-Hurricane-Dorian.html

Kani_Bist #322 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 03:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7968 battles

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Jul 14 2019 - 14:30, said:

Whether it comes in the form of a natural or manmade EMP, global pandemic, Yellowstone eruption, civil war, etc a major Boogaloo is likely going to happen during our lifetime. What preps if any have you made to help mitigate its effects on you and your loved ones? Food, water, medicines, weapons, specialized training. Just think for a moment if the power went off 1 minute from now and did not come back on for several months or years. What would you do today and in the following months? Would you be part of the 60-80% die off or would you survive?

I'd pack a tinfoil hat.

TheManFromKekistan #323 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 07:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostKani_Bist, on Sep 08 2019 - 21:45, said:

I'd pack a tinfoil hat.

Someone isn't very up on recent history eh? There have been massive die offs in the hundreds of millions over the last couple of centuries due to weather and climate changes or a failure of technology. Roughly 36 million die each year to famine alone and these are partly in what would be considered developed nations like india and china with it being much worse in less developed nations. All that stands between three square meals a day and starvation in America is the power grid. Take that out and poof no more food preservation factories so even if you keep growing food it will never have time to reach any population centers before it rots away. But unlike the others in this thread I applaud those who don't take it seriously as you will be gone and out of the way so the non city dwellers who do the actual producing in this country will take over. You eaters can all go away since you produce nothing but eat everything. :popcorn:

Klaatu_Nicto #324 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

RF_Van #325 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 11267 battles

Is the human brain not built for political self-rule? Researcher predicts the end of Democracy in the west.  

Spoiler

TheManFromKekistan #326 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 10:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostRF_Van, on Sep 11 2019 - 00:15, said:

Is the human brain not built for political self-rule? Researcher predicts the end of Democracy in the west.  

Spoiler

Well good thing at least in America we don't do democracy though so many of our youth(and no so young) seem to think that we do.

We are a representative republic that is purpose built to erase democratic mob rule which when you break it down is simply two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.

Helpless #327 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 12:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostKani_Bist, on Sep 09 2019 - 02:45, said:

I'd pack a tinfoil hat.

they don't think they're nutters...... cause it's not a question of if its going to happen.... but a question of when..... lol....

RF_Van #328 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 11267 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 11 2019 - 01:10, said:

Well good thing at least in America we don't do democracy though so many of our youth(and no so young) seem to think that we do.

We are a representative republic that is purpose built to erase democratic mob rule which when you break it down is simply two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.

In fact any system, including representative democracy, that is based on voting by the common citizen is historically uncommon. The vast majority of governments throughout human history have been top down pyramid structures run by non elected elites. The thrust of this professor's paper was that given the increasing intolerance for acceptance of ideas from opposing political viewpoints in modern times, and the sharply rising level of conflict based on those differences that is presently occurring, it is unlikely that the current system of voting for political leaders will survive the long term, and a return to direct political dictatorship is a much more plausible future for western nations.

Klaatu_Nicto #329 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Sep 11 2019 - 21:15.

Ikanator #330 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10976 battles

View PostRF_Van, on Sep 11 2019 - 09:22, said:

In fact any system, including representative democracy, that is based on voting by the common citizen is historically uncommon. The vast majority of governments throughout human history have been top down pyramid structures run by non elected elites. The thrust of this professor's paper was that given the increasing intolerance for acceptance of ideas from opposing political viewpoints in modern times, and the sharply rising level of conflict based on those differences that is presently occurring, it is unlikely that the current system of voting for political leaders will survive the long term, and a return to direct political dictatorship is a much more plausible future for western nations.

There is an important distinction which needs to be made. While it is true that almost all of our written history concerns cultures that could be described as totalitarian hell holes of one type or another, that is not true of our evolutionary history. In terms of our evolutionary history stretching back for millions of years we have been hunter/gatherers living in band and tribal societies. Such societies tend to be rather egalitarian. The chief is the first among equals as opposed to a despotic ruler and doesn't have the authority to force his tribe to do anything they really don't want to do. If he tried the rest of the tribe would simply disown/shun him and go about doing as they wished.

So, while I don't doubt elites in the various different modern nations may very well want some form of dictatorship, if things break down badly enough to the point to the point that the government totally collapses we could see a return to some sort of tribal structure. Will that happen? I don't know. Totalitarian hell holes in recent history have proved to be annoyingly resilient. But that is not the only possible model out there, and if we are truly the product of evolutionary selection for one type of government instead of another then it is likely to be a band/tribal form of government.

If that is the case then why do we end up with so many totalitarian governments in modern times? My guess would be that we are "programmed" for relatively small "in-groups" with everybody else as the "out-group". So those in charge in a totalitarian culture would see themselves as members of a "tribe"; and everybody else, most definitely including those not in the ruling class, as members of a different tribe. Just my two cent analysis for whatever anybody thinks it's worth.

Edited by Ikanator, Sep 12 2019 - 01:20.

Klaatu_Nicto #331 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 04:09

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostIkanator, on Sep 11 2019 - 16:13, said:

There is an important distinction which needs to be made. While it is true that almost all of our written history concerns cultures that could be described as totalitarian hell holes of one type or another, that is not true of our evolutionary history. In terms of our evolutionary history stretching back for millions of years we have been hunter/gatherers living in band and tribal societies. Such societies tend to be rather egalitarian. The chief is the first among equals as opposed to a despotic ruler and doesn't have the authority to force his tribe to do anything they really don't want to do. If he tried the rest of the tribe would simply disown/shun him and go about doing as they wished.

So, while I don't doubt elites in the various different modern nations may very well want some form of dictatorship, if things break down badly enough to the point to the point that the government totally collapses we could see a return to some sort of tribal structure. Will that happen? I don't know. Totalitarian hell holes in recent history have proved to be annoyingly resilient. But that is not the only possible model out there, and if we are truly the product of evolutionary selection for one type of government instead of another then it is likely to be a band/tribal form of government.

If that is the case then why do we end up with so many totalitarian governments in modern times? My guess would be that we are "programmed" for relatively small "in-groups" with everybody else as the "out-group". So those in charge in a totalitarian culture would see themselves as members of a "tribe"; and everybody else, most definitely including those not in the ruling class, as members of a different tribe. Just my two cent analysis for whatever anybody thinks it's worth.

Your analysis fits in with Ayn Rand's line of thinking.

"Tribalism is a product of fear, and fear is the dominant emotion of any person, culture or society that rejects man's power of survival: reason.  As philosophy slithered into the primitive swamp of irrationalism, men were driven - existentially and psychologically - into its primordial corollary: tribalism.  Existentially, the rise of the welfare state broke up the country into pressure groups, each fighting for special privileges at the expense of other-so that an individual unaffiliated with any group became fair game for tribal predators.  Psychologically, Pragmatism lobotomized the country's intellectuals: John Dewey's theory of "Progressive education" (which has dominated the schools for close to half a century), established a method of crippling a child's conceptual faculty and replacing cognition with "social adjustment." It was and is a systematic attempt to manufacture tribal mentalities."
- Ayn Rand, from the book Philosophy: Who Needs It, c1984.

Klaatu_Nicto #332 Posted Sep 12 2019 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostRF_Van, on Sep 11 2019 - 09:22, said:

In the 1990s I was ready to take up arms if needed to prevent this from happening. It was said by some I could arm a third world country but I've downsized since then and I'm an old man now. Hopefully, I'll be dead when the 4th American revolution takes place.

Klaatu_Nicto #333 Posted Yesterday, 05:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Ex-Google worker fears 'killer robots' could cause mass atrocities
Engineer who quit over military drone project warns AI might also accidentally start a war
https://www.theguard...mass-atrocities

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Yesterday, 06:01 AM.

TheManFromKekistan #334 Posted Today, 02:30 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 11 2019 - 22:16, said:

In the 1990s I was ready to take up arms if needed to prevent this from happening. It was said by some I could arm a third world country but I've downsized since then and I'm an old man now. Hopefully, I'll be dead when the 4th American revolution takes place.

America still has a loooong way to go before it's eventual fall just like every great civilization before it has done. Remember we are based on the old roman model which was arguably the most successful of all political ideologies and we haven't even gotten to the point we have an emperor though I think that time is fast approaching(no, not the current dude) given the threats china and other rising powers present. There isn't any provision in the constitution on term limits for a president and the current limits were put in during the cold war to keep a president from grabbing the oval office by using endless emergencies to keep him in power during a time when an emperor would be the last thing you would have wanted to happen. However given that we are entering a new phase of global competition and the action is only heating up due to ever growing populations and ever dwindling reserves to feed and power their lives there will be a need for a much longer leadership run than currently allowed. China and russia more or less already have adopted the emperor mode for national stability even if its still disguised as an elected position and japan just resurrected the emperor. Times they be a changing and I see us going back to a more feudal type of international political system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users