What Steps Have U Taken to Prepare for the Boogaloo?

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

TheManFromKekistan #21 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View Posttod914, on Jul 14 2019 - 15:43, said:

Had a power outage for close to 3 weeks during Sandy.  Generator sure came in handy.  But those gas lines @ 2am in the morning were unreal.  Food wise was fine.

I solved that by rigging up my own diesel generator. Bought a small 1 cylinder engine off a wrecked vacuum truck and salvaged the generator off a 5kw wind turbine that had fell and broken the blades. A bit of pulley magic to get the right rotation speed and a few 55 gallon drums of stabilized diesel means I'm good to go for a long long time as it would only be needed for extreme emergencies as I already have a solar generator array that keeps my two chest freezers and fridge running year round.

heavymetal1967 #22 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 72041 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Sturm_Teufel #23 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 48143 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Jul 14 2019 - 11:30, said:

Whether it comes in the form of a natural or manmade EMP, global pandemic, Yellowstone eruption, civil war, etc a major Boogaloo is likely going to happen during our lifetime. What preps if any have you made to help mitigate its effects on you and your loved ones? Food, water, medicines, weapons, specialized training. Just think for a moment if the power went off 1 minute from now and did not come back on for several months or years. What would you do today and in the following months? Would you be part of the 60-80% die off or would you survive?

I will thrive by feeding the masses Soylent Green made from high protein plankton from the oceans. I will employ many humans to make Soylent Green. It will be Utopia.

Long time no hear Gseries, how've you been man?

Klaatu_Nicto #24 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/

https://longlifefood.com/

GseriesARFCOM #25 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostDevil__Anse, on Jul 14 2019 - 11:35, said:

they haven't perma'd you yet?  good lord

Well as a matter of fact, yes they did. That's why I was gone for such an extended length of time. However the good people at WG and the Lord himself felt oL Gseries was redeemable. The mods washed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out and heaven everlasting is my reward.

GseriesARFCOM #26 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostHelpless, on Jul 14 2019 - 12:06, said:

a more important question is what have you done or are doing to improve ur life if the world doesnt end?

I think the rest of us are capable of multi-tasking.;)

Ikanator #27 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10982 battles

I have made what preparations I can. I should be good for about 3 months. Beyond that things could get dicey.

Among the other things I do when I get paid is that I go to the store and in addition to the stuff I regularly get I pick up a 10 pound bag of rice and an 8 pound bag of beans. Costs around $11.00. When I get home I pull the previous bags of rice and beans out of my freezer and put the new ones in. Why do I keep the bags in the freezer for a while? Kills off any insect eggs that may have ended up in them. Then it's just a matter of finding a spot to squirrel the bags away in after they've been frozen a while.

In terms of weaponry I don't have anywhere near as many guns and as much ammo as I would like to have. But I hopefully have enough to do what I'm going to need to do. Note that even with my rather poor collection right now I still have more than I can reasonably carry on me at one time and expect to be able to walk. Besides, depending on where you are, going around obviously armed may be an invitation to get sniped. I have a concealed carry permit and a couple of pistols I can carry without attracting any attention.

Also, one should give some thought to collecting good hunting/fighting knives. They never jam, never run out of ammunition, and can be good multi functional pieces of equipment. They could also make good barter items.

Edited by Ikanator, Jul 14 2019 - 23:14.

GseriesARFCOM #28 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:13

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Jul 14 2019 - 12:09, said:

Cool! The kind of topic I can sink my teeth into. :great:

This would have been such a good movie.

^^^^This is a battle I've seen coming since the 1990s.

That's awesome. Im spending the entire evening charging 5.56 cases with powder and seating the last 1K 62 grain Trophy Bonded Bear Claw Bullets. I can listen to this while I work.

GseriesARFCOM #29 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Jul 14 2019 - 12:49, said:

I have read several of his books. Great read but a couple of them were the same story told from different character perspectives so it was almost like reading the same book twice.

Helpless #30 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Jul 14 2019 - 22:09, said:

I think the rest of us are capable of multi-tasking.;)

at what?.... watching anime and prepping the end of the world?

the_dude_76 #31 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 34077 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Jul 14 2019 - 14:04, said:

Well along with my neighbors I could be self sufficient as we all have plenty of land to grow crops and raising chickens and other small farm animals is as easy as letting them forage naturally. 

But do you grow crops now?? Because this is one of the things that I always laugh at when I watch the prepper shows. They've all got this big bag of seeds and plans to grow their own food but they don't have any actual experience doing it. Anyone can grow a small garden when it doesn't really matter if something goes wrong. Growing enough food to completely support several people and livestock is a whole other matter. And yes you're going to need to, at least in part, support your livestock as well. You're not going to want them too far from home base and grazing any sizable number of livestock requires fresh pastures pretty much continuously.

Ikanator #32 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10982 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Jul 14 2019 - 12:09, said:

Cool! The kind of topic I can sink my teeth into. :great:

This would have been such a good movie.

^^^^This is a battle I've seen coming since the 1990s.

I remain pleasantly surprised that things didn't go to hell at the turn of the millennium.

GseriesARFCOM #33 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostHelpless, on Jul 14 2019 - 14:19, said:

at what?.... watching anime and prepping the end of the world?

Lol, Alpha Males like me don't watch anime.:D

Helpless #34 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Jul 14 2019 - 22:40, said:

Lol, Alpha Males like me don't watch anime.:D

i don't judge.... i don't care what you do with it...

Sleeper_has_Awaken #35 Posted Jul 14 2019 - 23:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 4625 battles
Like when new York flooded

Klaatu_Nicto #36 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

You don't think the Gray State can happen in America?  It's already has.

^^^^ I was on the Prodigy ISP (early social media) when the incident occurred and I had a connection through a business customer to Bo Gritz so I was posting a lot of information on forums about it then and since. After the siege started the government and media started portraying Randy as a White Supremacist. What I discovered that was very disturbing, even more so than what had been done to Randy and his family, was, because of the fake news about Randy, a certain segment of the population had no problem with what had occurred. They thought the Weavers got what they deserved and seven months later, due to fake news about the following incident, the same sentiment would be expressed - they got what they deserved.  

You don't think the Gray State can happen in America? Have you not been paying attention the past couple of years to what's happening on the streets of America to people who wear a certain piece of clothing and how many people support these attacks?  With the right media campaign of fake news the extermination of deplorable people would be acceptable to a segment of the population just like it was in the 1990s in America and in the 1930s in Germany. 

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Jul 15 2019 - 00:54.

Ikanator #37 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 00:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10982 battles

^^^^ What he said.

The tragic incident at Waco went down shortly after I got out of the Navy. I had spent 3 years in Japan and was not totally up to speed about all the goings on back Stateside. It didn't take more than a few seconds of observation to note that what the media was describing as happening there did not correspond to what I was seeing with my own two eyes as they transmitted their video. I saw a bunch of guys using fully automatic weapons spraying down a large wood frame structure with women and children inside WITHOUT taking any obvious return fire. The fact that there was little, if any, return fire was obvious because the supposed "good guys" were taking shelter behind cars. Had they been taking any serious return fire those cars would have been taking obvious damage. But none of the cars had their windows shot out.

The media was also going on about how the Branch Davidians supposedly had an actual, factual, M2 Browning heavy machine gun that they were using. I am somewhat familiar with what that weapon can do. If they had it they didn't use it. If they had the idiots attacking their building would have been chopped to pieces.

Interesting factoid that came out after the trial.  Why did the ATF withdraw on the first day? They ran themselves out of ammunition. They went in with their fully automatic weapons, sprayed the building down to their hearts' content, and then realized the hard way that taking only a handful of loaded magazines along wasn't enough for that evolution. If the Branch Davidians had truly been the bloodthirsty, ambushing thugs the media was portraying them as they could have wiped the ATF contingent out to the last man.

Last but not least, I had heard of and was somewhat familiar with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The abbreviation for which had always been "BATF" as long as I had known of it. But these guys were running around with jackets that had "ATF" emblazoned on them. What the hell was "ATF"? If I was simply hanging out at home, totally unaware that the Bureau had somehow changed its designation, and those idiots tried to kick in my door I would have tried to meet them with lethal force because I didn't know who the hell they were.

Edited by Ikanator, Jul 15 2019 - 00:35.

Klaatu_Nicto #38 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Now that I've calmed myself down......This is my preferred end of the world scenario.

EMP or pandemic, that's boring. This would be exciting and answer an age old question. 

GseriesARFCOM #39 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 9009 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Jul 14 2019 - 13:16, said:

I will thrive by feeding the masses Soylent Green made from high protein plankton from the oceans. I will employ many humans to make Soylent Green. It will be Utopia.

Long time no hear Gseries, how've you been man?

As long as is doesn't taste like fish Im game. I plan to provide Home Owner Association security for beta hipsters neighborhoods in return for food, wine, women, and cigars.

I am doing well thanks for asking.

Edited by GseriesARFCOM, Jul 15 2019 - 01:50.

Ikanator #40 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 02:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10982 battles

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Jul 14 2019 - 16:50, said:

As long as is doesn't taste like fish Im game. I plan to provide Home Owner Association security for beta hipsters neighborhoods in return for food, wine, women, and cigars.

I am doing well thanks for asking.

Ah ha! Now that I know your plan I can undercut you because I don't smoke cigars!!  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users