What Steps Have U Taken to Prepare for the Boogaloo?

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #241 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Study Finds Rise In ‘Doomsday Prepping’ Due To Mainstream American ‘Culture Of Fear’
Most Americans can’t seem to log online or turn on the television without being hit by a grim view of the future being reported or speculated on. Potential occurrences commonly worried about by preppers include possible economic depressions, terrorist attack,cyber-attacks, pandemics, or environmental disasters.
https://www.studyfin...ulture-of-fear/

Ikanator #242 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10967 battles

Just when you thought it was safe ...

Ikanator #243 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10967 battles

And more on just climate.

Edited by Ikanator, Aug 28 2019 - 19:50.

Klaatu_Nicto #244 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostIkanator, on Aug 28 2019 - 10:50, said:

And more on just climate.

:great:

You beat me to it. 

Helpless #245 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

i always believe crap u see on youtube... cause its made by experts......

another day... another not the end of the world......

Klaatu_Nicto #246 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 02:36

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostHelpless, on Aug 28 2019 - 15:47, said:

August 11, 2019 - China Scientists Warn Of Global Cooling Trick Up Nature’s Sleeve

There are already alarming signs, according to their paper, which has been accepted for publication by the online Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres....Their findings confirmed an earlier study by a separate team of Chinese scientists, published by online journal Scientific Reports in 2014. The 2014 research, which drew on 5,000 years’ worth of data, suggested the current warm phase of the cycle could terminate over the next several decades, ushering in a 250-year cool phase.

"We know it will come, but we don’t know exactly when.”

https://www.scmp.com...-natures-sleeve

July 14, 2018 - Italian forecasters think solar minimum is causing global cooling

The climate could be at a really crucial crossroads over the next few years. Big changes seem to be waiting for us, and we could all be witnesses to something very unusual.

https://www.ilmeteo....e-gelo-tendenza

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Aug 29 2019 - 02:38.

Ikanator #247 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 08:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10967 battles

View PostHelpless, on Aug 28 2019 - 15:47, said:

Back again I see. Just can't stay away can you? Somebody puts out a well documented piece drawing on the work of multiple Ph.D. level experts that argue against the commonly accepted paradigm and all you can do is trot out the old straw man response and make snide comments. Why don't you just go back to watching Rachel Madcow and chanting "Orange man is bad"? That seems to be about all you can handle on an intellectual level.

Helpless #248 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 12:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostIkanator, on Aug 29 2019 - 07:20, said:

Back again I see. Just can't stay away can you? Somebody puts out a well documented piece drawing on the work of multiple Ph.D. level experts that argue against the commonly accepted paradigm and all you can do is trot out the old straw man response and make snide comments. Why don't you just go back to watching Rachel Madcow and chanting "Orange man is bad"? That seems to be about all you can handle on an intellectual level.

thanks to 12 hour long 6 day work weeks we're ahead of schedule.... so i popped in...

you are hysterical!!!!!!!

i love how ur such a hypocrite..... tons of phds have published reports on global warming.... but u can discount those cause u dont want them to be true...... but a few phds say the opposite thing and you latch unto it as fact....

so if 100s of phds say one thing... and 50 phds say the opposite.... whos right?

Klaatu_Nicto #249 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

There has been no paper published that provides empirical evidence that human activity is causing global warming. That human activity is causing global warming is an unproven theory.

Papers published predicting global cooling in our near future are based on real science, not models, and the paleoclimate record.  

Meanwhile, since the global warming scare is not scaring us enough, now we are destroying the "lungs of the world."

The Myth of Ecocide

So now we know: the idea that the Amazon rainforest is burning on an unprecedented scale and that these fires will rob humanity of one of its key sources of oxygen is fake news.

The claim that the Amazon rainforest is the ‘lungs of the world’, producing 20 per cent of the Earth’s oxygen, is also bunkum.

It simply isn’t true that mankind is at war with forestland. As made clear by a substantial report in Nature, published last year, the world’s tree cover has increased over the past 35 years. In three decades, 2.24million square kilometres of trees – an area the size of Texas and Alaska combined – have been added to the world’s already existing tree-covered land.

https://www.spiked-o...yth-of-ecocide/

Why Everything They Say About The Amazon, Including That It's The 'Lungs Of The World,' Is Wrong

“The lungs of the Earth are in flames,” said actor Leonardo DiCaprio. “The Amazon Rainforest produces more than 20% of the world’s oxygen,” tweeted soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo. “The Amazon rain forest — the lungs which produce 20% of our planet’s oxygen — is on fire,” tweeted French President Emanuel Macron.

And yet the photos weren’t actually of the fires and many weren’t even of the Amazon. The photo Ronaldo shared was taken in southern Brazil, far from the Amazon, in 2013. The photo that DiCaprio and Macron shared is over 20 years old. The photo Madonna and Smith shared is over 30. Some celebrities shared photos from Montana, India, and Sweden.

I was curious to hear what one of the world’s leading Amazon forest experts, Dan Nepstad, had to say about the “lungs” claim.

“There’s no science behind that. The Amazon produces a lot of oxygen but it uses the same amount of oxygen through respiration so it’s a wash.”

https://www.forbes.c...g/#5b5f4ecc5bde

What Satellite Imagery Tells Us About the Amazon Rain Forest Fires

Scientists studying satellite image data from the fires in the Amazon rain forest said that most of the fires are burning on agricultural land where the forest had already been cleared.

https://www.nytimes....times&smtyp=cur

Klaatu_Nicto #250 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Thousands Of Tremors Hit Northwest, But Don't Necessarily Signal The Big One
https://www.opb.org/...dia-earthquake/

Today

A 6.3-magnitude earthquake just struck off the coast of Oregon
https://www.cnn.com/...egon/index.html

Yesterday

TheManFromKekistan #251 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 02:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

But but klaatu nothing happened in my teeny little corner of the planet so obviously this is all just hysterical overreaction!! Right? RIGHT?!  :ohmy:

:P

Klaatu_Nicto #252 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

Ikanator #253 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 07:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10967 battles

View PostHelpless, on Aug 29 2019 - 03:16, said:

thanks to 12 hour long 6 day work weeks we're ahead of schedule.... so i popped in...

you are hysterical!!!!!!!

i love how ur such a hypocrite..... tons of phds have published reports on global warming.... but u can discount those cause u dont want them to be true...... but a few phds say the opposite thing and you latch unto it as fact....

so if 100s of phds say one thing... and 50 phds say the opposite.... whos right?

Like l said, you have demonstrated that you don't have the intellectual capability to properly analyze the argument. Your post is proof of that. There is a lot more involved than simply counting the number of Ph.D.s on each side of the argument and awarding the victory to the side that has the most. The actual arguments and positions taken have to be properly evaluated.

On the one hand we have people arguing that based on their model anthropogenic global.warming is a serious problem. On the other we have people proving that the model is flawed and the data sets used to create the model are arbitrarily cherry picked and truncated. The reply to that by the people advancing anthropogenic global warming is to either ignore or attempt to silence the opposition. Invalid non logical response. Victory legitimately goes to the side arguing that anthropogenic global warming is horse manure. If you actually understood how logical debate is supposed to work it wouldn't be necessary to try to explain that to you.

Edited by Ikanator, Aug 30 2019 - 07:21.

TRUMblestilskin #254 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 11:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 54531 battles
  • [SHAQ] SHAQ
Yes we should always prepare. Get off yalls asses and walk a few miles. Guns up, funs up.

Helpless #255 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 11:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Aug 29 2019 - 17:06, said:

There has been no paper published that provides empirical evidence that human activity is causing global warming. That human activity is causing global warming is an unproven theory.

Papers published predicting global cooling in our near future are based on real science, not models, and the paleoclimate record.  

soooo..... ur admitting  that global warming is happening.... but it's not caused by humans.....

and all those nut job global warming phds that won nobel prizes for their work are wrong..... and its not real science.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helpless #256 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 11:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

View PostIkanator, on Aug 30 2019 - 06:19, said:

Like l said, you have demonstrated that you don't have the intellectual capability to properly analyze the argument. Your post is proof of that. There is a lot more involved than simply counting the number of Ph.D.s on each side of the argument and awarding the victory to the side that has the most. The actual arguments and positions taken have to be properly evaluated.

On the one hand we have people arguing that based on their model anthropogenic global.warming is a serious problem. On the other we have people proving that the model is flawed and the data sets used to create the model are arbitrarily cherry picked and truncated. The reply to that by the people advancing anthropogenic global warming is to either ignore or attempt to silence the opposition. Invalid non logical response. Victory legitimately goes to the side arguing that anthropogenic global warming is horse manure. If you actually understood how logical debate is supposed to work it wouldn't be necessary to try to explain that to you.

always with the ad hominem.....

soooo... as i said above to the other end of the world nutter.....

theres a whole bunch of phds that won nobel prizes for their work on global warming.....

how many of ur phds won nobels for their work on global cooling?

i think u should dig a big hole in ur backyard... if u havent already.... stock it up with as much food as you can..... and hide in it till the world is finished ending......

Edited by Helpless, Aug 30 2019 - 11:47.

Ikanator #257 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 13:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10967 battles

View PostHelpless, on Aug 30 2019 - 02:47, said:

always with the ad hominem.....

soooo... as i said above to the other end of the world nutter.....

theres a whole bunch of phds that won nobel prizes for their work on global warming.....

how many of ur phds won nobels for their work on global cooling?

i think u should dig a big hole in ur backyard... if u havent already.... stock it up with as much food as you can..... and hide in it till the world is finished ending......

I will use "ad hominem" as long as it is justified. Which your case is a classic example of.

Nobel prizes are irrelevant as far as this debate goes. What matters are good data sets backed up by logical analysis. The anthropogenic global warming crowd has neither. Basically all you have done is restate your earlier argument that you have more Ph.D.s arguing your position than there are arguing mine. Unfortunately the popularity of a position and its validity are independent variables. And there is an extent to which Nobel prizes these days are little more than popularity contests. You are totally ignoring an hour long video PROVING that the global warming models are inherently flawed either because you are incapable of responding to it logically or you refuse to even look at it because you are so wedded to your beliefs that you simply can't process any input that would run counter to them. Thus I believe that the true "nutter" has been revealed. And fortunately I don't depend on your opinion of what I post to determine whether or not I can post as much as I want to on any subject I please. All you are doing here is demonstrating my previous point that one of the global warming crowd's primary responses is to attempt to silence their critics. Because they can't respond with good logical argumentation to back up their position in the face of legitimate analysis based on good data sets.

So, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread. And unless you're actually being paid to deliberately act as a troll nobody is forcing you to respond to the posts in it. So then why are you reading and responding to something that you obviously disagree with so much? Don't you realize that if you weren't responding this thread would sink lower down on the bulletin board? Thus all you are doing is demonstrating that you can't bring forth any good logical argumentation to back up your position and keeping the thread higher up on the bulletin board than it would be otherwise. Thus your responses indicate a true failure on all levels. 

Edited by Ikanator, Aug 30 2019 - 13:57.

highex #258 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 16:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23832 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

as an airborne ranger when i was in the army, my training will be useful but far from unique. i enjoy survival based activities like camping and such which lend practical experience. 

in addition to many of the good ideas ive seen, what i most suggest to those that are seriously prepping is to make a map. a map of everyone you know that has useful items. i further propose that all of those marauders rethink their strategies. in the grey area where law enforcement is unable to stop looting and marauding becomes viable those that can defend themselves will. the mad max devil may care romantics will not last long. 

scavengers will be common and tolerated even by those who control areas desirable to be scavenged. for me, i will scavenge from all the areas i have marked on my map (and areas of opportunity as i encounter them). but i will never steal from anyone and will make it known that i will aid in defense against all marauders.

knowledge and training to make knowledge useful will be what makes the difference for survival and the eventual recovery of society.

Klaatu_Nicto #259 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostHelpless, on Aug 30 2019 - 02:42, said:

soooo..... ur admitting  that global warming is happening.... but it's not caused by humans.....

and all those nut job global warming phds that won nobel prizes for their work are wrong..... and its not real science.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Global warming creates the Medieval Warm Period, also known as the Climate Optimum.

2. 1300AD - Global warming ends. Global cooling begins. Medieval Warm Period ends. The Little Ice Age strikes mankind.

3. 1800s - The Little Ice Age ends. Global warming resumes.

Can you name the "global warming phds that won nobel prizes for their work" using empirical evidence that proves humans are causing global warming?

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Aug 30 2019 - 18:43.

Helpless #260 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 01:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5970 battles

you know the problem with end of the world nutters..... they discount any science that doesnt reinforce their phobia and paranoia......

the only reason i can see for this.... is that they must live such pathetic lives with so very little substance.... that the end of the world would be an improvement.......

then they can be mad max... john connor .... or rick grimes... and finally have some small amount of substance and meaning in their lives....

its really sad... i feel sorry for them....

ur video is nobel laureate ivar giaever's nobel prize for physics.... in 1973.... clearly a global warming expert....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_Giaever

oh and by the way... he also debunked ur global cooling crap... while debunking global warming...

he said.... Giaever stated, "It is amazing how stable temperature has been over the last 150 years."

ahahahahaha!!!!!!

Edited by Helpless, Aug 31 2019 - 02:24.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users