Jump to content


What Steps Have U Taken to Prepare for the Boogaloo?


  • Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

TheManFromKekistan #341 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 13:36, said:

the value of the dollar would be based on the nations gold reserve vs its debt.... so if the us went back to the gold standard the us dollar would be worth about .10 cents of its current value......

this is why no nation will ever go back on the gold standard.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

 

 

And yet they are. You forget that debt to the central banks would be erased if a gold standard was readopted. What would the central banks do about it? Not lend out any more fiat currency? To coin a phrase you like to use: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!



Helpless #342 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 18:40, said:

 

And yet they are. You forget that debt to the central banks would be erased if a gold standard was readopted. What would the central banks do about it? Not lend out any more fiat currency? To coin a phrase you like to use: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

no it wouldnt......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ur dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

u'd see germany after ww1 or zimbabwe in the 80's  2009......

 

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 19:47.


TheManFromKekistan #343 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 13:44, said:

no it wouldnt......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ur dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Go back to bed you twit.. :P



Helpless #344 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 18:46, said:

 

Go back to bed you twit.. :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im waiting for the next ridiculous thing u're going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

u really should join the sovereign citizen movement...... u'll fit right in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Klaatu_Nicto #345 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 44057 battles
  • 11,937
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility. - U.S. Constitution.

 

"Under a gold standard, the amount of credit that an economy can support is determined by the economy's tangible assets, since every credit instrument is ultimately a claim on some tangible asset.  But government bonds are not backed by tangible wealth, only by the governments promise to pay out of future tax revenues, and cannot be easily absorbed by financial markets....The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit....In the absence of a gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.  There is no safe store of value.  If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold....Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth.  Gold stands in the way of this insidious process.  It stands as a protector of property rights.  If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the satists antagonism toward the gold standard." - Former Federal Reserve Bank Chairman Alan Greenspan, July 1966.

 

"We are absolutely without a permanent monetary system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible - but there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it is widely understood and the defect remedied soon." - Robert H. Hemphill, former Credit Manager of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

 

"Whenever destroyers appear among men, they start by destroying money, for money is men's protection and the base of moral existence.  Destroyers seize gold and leave to its owners a counterfeit pile of paper.  This kills all objective standards and delivers men into the arbitrary power of an arbitrary setter of values.  Gold was an objective value, an equivalent of wealth produced.  Paper is a mortgage on wealth that does not exist, backed by a gun aimed at those who are expected to produce it.  Paper is a check drawn by legal looters upon an account which is not theirs: upon the virtue of the victims.  Watch for the day when it bounces, marked: "account overdrawn."" - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

 

From the book A Caveat Against Injustice, by Roger Sherman,
c1752, 1982, from the forward by F. Tupper Saussy:


The deliberate purpose of the 1787 Constitutional Convention was to stop the ravages of a fluctuating medium of exchange by obligating government to maintain a reliable medium of exchange....


In Article I Section 10, the Framers denied the states any power to coin and issue money. More importantly, they denied the states the power to ordain - in the payment of debts - the use of anything but the money Congress was empowered to coin. The substance of that coin is named in denial: No State shall coin Money, emit Bills of Credit,      make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in payment of Debts.

 

Through the Framers, then, the People of the United States appointed the states to be custodians of the American monetary system. If Congress ceased coining gold and silver, causing gold and silver coin to stop circulating, the states would be unable to compel their citizens to pay any debts, public or private. It was the responsibility of an ever vigilant union of states to keep Congress coining gold and silver, thereby preserving interstate commerce, preserving the Union itself.

 

The power the states had reserved under the Articles of Confederation, the power to make any thing a legal tender, is a marvelous power indeed. The power to compel people to accept something of no intrinsic value in exchange for something of value is the power to rob people of their property.... 

end quote

 

"If Congress won't keep its part of the Constitutional bargain and coin money of gold and silver like Article I Section 8 Clause 5 commands, there's no way my court can require anyone to pay fines. I'm not here to protect certain people's investments, I'm here to carry out the mandate of the U.S. and Kansas Constitutions." - Judge Larry Moritz, 1981.



Helpless #346 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 25 2019 - 18:51, said:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility. - U.S. Constitution.

 

"Under a gold standard, the amount of credit that an economy can support is determined by the economy's tangible assets, since every credit instrument is ultimately a claim on some tangible asset.  But government bonds are not backed by tangible wealth, only by the governments promise to pay out of future tax revenues, and cannot be easily absorbed by financial markets....The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit....In the absence of a gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.  There is no safe store of value.  If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold....Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth.  Gold stands in the way of this insidious process.  It stands as a protector of property rights.  If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the satists antagonism toward the gold standard." - Former Federal Reserve Bank Chairman Alan Greenspan, July 1966.

 

"We are absolutely without a permanent monetary system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible - but there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it is widely understood and the defect remedied soon." - Robert H. Hemphill, former Credit Manager of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

 

"Whenever destroyers appear among men, they start by destroying money, for money is men's protection and the base of moral existence.  Destroyers seize gold and leave to its owners a counterfeit pile of paper.  This kills all objective standards and delivers men into the arbitrary power of an arbitrary setter of values.  Gold was an objective value, an equivalent of wealth produced.  Paper is a mortgage on wealth that does not exist, backed by a gun aimed at those who are expected to produce it.  Paper is a check drawn by legal looters upon an account which is not theirs: upon the virtue of the victims.  Watch for the day when it bounces, marked: "account overdrawn."" - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

 

From the book A Caveat Against Injustice, by Roger Sherman,
c1752, 1982, from the forward by F. Tupper Saussy:


The deliberate purpose of the 1787 Constitutional Convention was to stop the ravages of a fluctuating medium of exchange by obligating government to maintain a reliable medium of exchange....


In Article I Section 10, the Framers denied the states any power to coin and issue money. More importantly, they denied the states the power to ordain - in the payment of debts - the use of anything but the money Congress was empowered to coin. The substance of that coin is named in denial: No State shall coin Money, emit Bills of Credit,      make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in payment of Debts.

 

Through the Framers, then, the People of the United States appointed the states to be custodians of the American monetary system. If Congress ceased coining gold and silver, causing gold and silver coin to stop circulating, the states would be unable to compel their citizens to pay any debts, public or private. It was the responsibility of an ever vigilant union of states to keep Congress coining gold and silver, thereby preserving interstate commerce, preserving the Union itself.

 

The power the states had reserved under the Articles of Confederation, the power to make any thing a legal tender, is a marvelous power indeed. The power to compel people to accept something of no intrinsic value in exchange for something of value is the power to rob people of their property.... 

end quote

 

"If Congress won't keep its part of the Constitutional bargain and coin money of gold and silver like Article I Section 8 Clause 5 commands, there's no way my court can require anyone to pay fines. I'm not here to protect certain people's investments, I'm here to carry out the mandate of the U.S. and Kansas Constitutions." - Judge Larry Moritz, 1981.

 

do u see how all of the us gold reserve would be cashed in by us foreign debt holders?????

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................................ gold standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 19:55.


TheManFromKekistan #347 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 13:51, said:

 

do u see how all of the us gold reserve would be cashed in by us foreign debt holders?????

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................................ gold standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

The gold standard was taken out because of the use of the central bank fiat currency would lead to corruption and fraud.. Remove the central banks and the gold standard works as intended. 

 

As to who has the gold?

 

 

Shoo.. Back to bed.



Helpless #348 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 18:59, said:

 

The gold standard was taken out because of the use of the central bank fiat currency would lead to corruption and fraud.. Remove the central banks and the gold standard works as intended. 

 

As to who has the gold?

 

 

Shoo.. Back to bed.

i guess the gold standard explained in a minute was to complicated for u to understand......

the us owes more money to foreign governments than it has gold....... which means that all the us gold would go bye bye..... since the us dollar would no longer have any gold to back it... it would be devalued to nearly nothing.....

so u couldnt buy anything with ur paper money.....

but u say... u have gold and silver saved up...... but the us government takes it... just like they did before... and gives u more worthless paper money to compensate u......

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act

The passage of the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 signified that the American people could no longer hold gold, with the exception of jewelry and collectors' coins. 

 

In the Consolidated Gold Clause Cases (independently known as Perry v. U.S.U.S. v. Bankers Trust Co.Norman v. Baltimore & Ohio R. Co.Nortz v. U.S.), the Gold Reserve Act was subject to scrutiny by the United States Supreme Court, which narrowly upheld Roosevelt's gold confiscation policy.


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 20:08.


TheManFromKekistan #349 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:18

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 14:06, said:

i guess the gold standard explained in a minute was to complicated for u to understand......

the us owes more money to foreign governments than it has gold....... which means that all the us gold would go bye bye..... since the us dollar would no longer have any gold to back it... it would be devalued to nearly nothing.....

so u couldnt buy anything with ur paper money.....

but u say... u have gold and silver saved up...... but the us government takes it... just like they did before... and gives u more worthless paper money to compensate u......

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act

The passage of the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 signified that the American people could no longer hold gold, with the exception of jewelry and collectors' coins. 

 

All of that is bound up in the central banks and the fiat currency since we allow other nations to buy our debt. Why not since its just a fiat currency and we can always print more. You don't seem to quite understand that removing the central banks removes all debt since that is were all debt originates from on a national scale. We and other nations writes notes to the central banks who then give back money to be paid back with interest. These debts by their very nature can never be fully paid back which is why nations simply write more notes to get more money. Ultimately the system is going to fail but each new spat of leaders keep the system chugging along just enough to get out of office but the piper will have to be paid. Why do all of that when you can get all the major economic powers to flip off the central banks and say fu we don't owe you a penny and are going back to the old ways. Again what are the central banks going to do? Not lend out any more fiat currency to nations that no longer want or need them? Because that's all the power they have since they are just a bunch of suits in fancy buildings with no standing army to enforce their will or even legal recourse if the nations of the world disown them. Like I said times they be a changing.

 

Shoo.. Back to bed.



Helpless #350 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 19:18, said:

 

All of that is bound up in the central banks and the fiat currency since we allow other nations to buy our debt. Why not since its just a fiat currency and we can always print more. You don't seem to quite understand that removing the central banks removes all debt since that is were all debt originates from on a national scale. We and other nations writes notes to the central banks who then give back money to be paid back with interest. These debts by their very nature can never be fully paid back which is why nations simply write more notes to get more money. Ultimately the system is going to fail but each new spat of leaders keep the system chugging along just enough to get out of office but the piper will have to be paid. Why do all of that when you can get all the major economic powers to flip off the central banks and say fu we don't owe you a penny and are going back to the old ways. Again what are the central banks going to do? Not lend out any more fiat currency to nations that no longer want or need them? Because that's all the power they have since they are just a bunch of suits in fancy buildings with no standing army to enforce their will or even legal recourse if the nations of the world disown them. Like I said times they be a changing.

 

Shoo.. Back to bed.

debt doesnt get removed like that....... ur dreaming.... its like the sovereign nutters who scream at the cops... I"M NOT DRIVING!!!!!.... I"M TRAVELLING!!!!!!

 

did they teach u nothing in school????????


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 20:22.


Helpless #351 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013
u know what.... go out get urself a bunch of credit cards.... max them out... then stop paying them off...... what are they going to do... stop loaning u money?????.......see what happens.....

TheManFromKekistan #352 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 14:21, said:

debt doesnt get removed like that....... ur dreaming.... its like the sovereign nutters who scream at the cops... I"M NOT DRIVING!!!!!.... I"M TRAVELLING!!!!!!

 

did they teach u nothing in school????????

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 14:25, said:

u know what.... go out get urself a bunch of credit cards.... max them out... then stop paying them off...... what are they going to do... stop loaning u money?????.......see what happens.....

 

You are conflicting consumer debt with national debt. As to stopping payments if every credit card holder stopped paying then the company would have no recourse but to close since there would be no way it could sue millions of people individually and those millions would move on to something else. The current crop of presidential candidates are all on the record for erasing student debt so the political will to simply erase debt on the scale of trillions is there. Erasing the national debt of tens of trillions to the central banks only takes the major economic powers agreeing to abandon them altogether and every indication is that they are currently doing so. The central banks only have power if the majority of nations hold to a fiat currency so them not lending to a nation has actual bite since they won't be able to trade with other nations. But if no one wants their money anymore then they have no power to enforce their debt. Think of this as the nations of the world's Jesus moment when he stormed through the temple overturning the money changers tables. We got rid of the central banks once back when Jackson was in charge and we are about to do the same thing again.



Helpless #353 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 19:41, said:

 

You are conflicting consumer debt with national debt. As to stopping payments if every credit card holder stopped paying then the company would have no recourse but to close since there would be no way it could sue millions of people individually and those millions would move on to something else. The current crop of presidential candidates are all on the record for erasing student debt so the political will to simply erase debt on the scale of trillions is there. Erasing the national debt of tens of trillions to the central banks only takes the major economic powers agreeing to abandon them altogether and every indication is that they are currently doing so. The central banks only have power if the majority of nations hold to a fiat currency so them not lending to a nation has actual bite since they won't be able to trade with other nations. But if no one wants their money anymore then they have no power to enforce their debt. Think of this as the nations of the world's Jesus moment when he stormed through the temple overturning the money changers tables. We got rid of the central banks once back when Jackson was in charge and we are about to do the same thing again.

what happens on a national level would be all the other nations owed money.... would SEIZE all us private... corporate and national assets overseas...... just like the banks would seize ur assets if they wanted their money from u.... on top of all that.... NO ONE would trade with us...... and who in their right mind would give up the massive debt owed to them... 

what would the us do to stop that????.... declare war on the entire world????

 

the only upside to all that would be.... u could wipe ur butt with trillion dollar bills......

 

try to at least think about the crap u post before u hit ok........

I"M NOT DRIVING!!!!!! I"M TRAVELLING!!!!! for the love of god.....


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 20:54.


TheManFromKekistan #354 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 14:46, said:

what happens on a national level would be all the other nations owed money.... would SEIZE all us private... corporate and national assets overseas...... just like the banks would seize ur assets if they wanted their money from u....

what would the us do to stop that????.... declare war on the entire world????

 

If america abandoned the central banks alone sure. But that is not what is happening. You also forget that we buy the debt of other nations too(remember fiat currency just print more) and not only that but they absolutely rely on open access to our markets to even survive economically. As an example the debt china has bought from america is just a teensy tiny bit of the money it makes by selling stuff to us so to call out that debt would be economic suicide if we stop trade because we don't need china to sell us tv's and pots and pans we can make all that stuff here but without our markets most of their factories shut down and tens of millions if not hundreds of millions lose their jobs since those factories also support other jobs to feed and cloth and house and care for those workers. Please just stop man you are completely embarrassing yourself at this point.. :P



Helpless #355 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 19:55, said:

 

If america abandoned the central banks alone sure. But that is not what is happening. You also forget that we buy the debt of other nations too(remember fiat currency just print more) and not only that but they absolutely rely on open access to our markets to even survive economically. As an example the debt china has bought from america is just a teensy tiny bit of the money it makes by selling stuff to us so to call out that debt would be economic suicide if we stop trade because we don't need china to sell us tv's and pots and pans we can make all that stuff here but without our markets most of their factories shut down and tens of millions if not hundreds of millions lose their jobs since those factories also support other jobs to feed and cloth and house and care for those workers. Please just stop man you are completely embarrassing yourself at this point.. :P

no one owes more debt than us......

no one is going to follow a us lead..... because they have half a brain.....

 

if they sold their goods to us for nothing.... thats economic suicide.......

 

in ur fantasy world.... u might think ur smart.... but in this world... the real world.... people know ur not.... thats why NO ONE is coming to ur aid trying to validate the crap ur posting.....


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 20:59.


TheManFromKekistan #356 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 20:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 14:56, said:

no one owes more debt than us......

no one is going to follow a us lead..... because they have half a brain.....

 

if they sold their goods to us for nothing.... thats economic suicide.......

 

ok



Ikanator #357 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 21:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11010 battles
  • 661
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016

Back when the U.S. was on a gold standard 1 ounce of gold was $35.00 IIRC. We could go back on a gold standard. It would just mean that if we were to use it to cancel out all debts that 1 ounce of gold would be in the neighborhood of $10,000 or more. Once that was settled and the amount of currency in circulation regulated to reflect the amount of gold that we actually had on hand, the prices of everything else would stabilize. As would wages. It would also limit the spending power of the U.S. government.

 

Without going back on a gold standard it just means that eventually our money will be worth no more than Zimbabwe's money, and we will experience serious hyperinflation. The only question that remains to be answered is exactly when that hyperinflation will occur. In fact, since the Federal Reserve was created back in 1913 the U.S. Dollar has lost somewhere around 98% of the purchasing power that used to have. The slow steady inflation that we have been experiencing is the equivalent to the infamous frog being slowly boiled in a pot of water.

 

As an example: In the early 1960's my parents bought a 3 bedroom 1 bath concrete block house in south Florida for $12,000. Granted that prices can and will vary greatly depending on the local housing market, but there aren't too many places in this country where $12,000 will get you much more than a tar paper shack these days. Maybe a couple of sheds from Home Depot. Heck, try even finding a new car that you can buy for $12,000. I recall my Father complaining in the late 1970's that he was going broke on the salary he had dreamed of earning when he was a young man. But wages NEVER truly keep up with inflation, and interest paid on savings accounts is less than the rate of inflation, so you are through time being robbed blind by the current fiat money system in which inflation is not only possible but inevitable.



Helpless #358 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 21:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

the only problem with inflating the price of gold to roughly 8 times its current value.... is that INFLATION will be crippling to the point of what happened to germany after ww1 or zimbabwe after the 80's......

 

then u gotta consider all the nations that dont hold much if any gold reserve... so theyre not going to sign on.....


Edited by Helpless, Sep 25 2019 - 21:43.


Klaatu_Nicto #359 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 23:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 44057 battles
  • 11,937
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Sep 25 2019 - 10:17, said:

 

I remember that pic of that hunk of precious metal you were showing off. The price is about to go ballistic soon. Why? There is an initiative to abandon the central banks and fed to go back to a gold standard. Will be a rocky transition but for those that invested and keep their heads untold riches await. Silver if you got in when it was almost free($5 ounce) is also going to rise like a rocket along with all precious metals. It's still low enough to not break the bank if you want to invest but better hurry.

 

I still have it, and more.

 

Spoiler

 

 


Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Sep 25 2019 - 23:23.


Ikanator #360 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 00:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11010 battles
  • 661
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016

View PostHelpless, on Sep 25 2019 - 12:42, said:

the only problem with inflating the price of gold to roughly 8 times its current value.... is that INFLATION will be crippling to the point of what happened to germany after ww1 or zimbabwe after the 80's......

 

then u gotta consider all the nations that dont hold much if any gold reserve... so theyre not going to sign on.....

 

That's happening right now. It's just happening a little slower here than it is in Zimbabwe. And we will go through what the Wiemar Republic, Venezuela and other economies have experienced. It's just a matter of time before it kicks off to an extent that even you notice it. What will happen though is that if you switch to a gold standard which is run correctly, inflation (defined as price increases brought about by an excess of currency in the system for the amount of goods and services available) will stop. Period. Note that shortages and supply and demand problems may still cause the price of various commodities to rise for short periods of time, but there will be no long term systemic inflationary pressure slowly robbing you blind. Things will settle out and a free market which isn't being manipulated will determine the fair value for the goods and services being offered as well as the money used to pay for them with.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users