7 Wins 20 Losses

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Panzerjager72 #1 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20980 battles
  • [FART-] FART-
I don't see how you are going to retain players let alone new players who have to go through these horrible weekends of dealing with low skill wallet warriors, kids who yolo every battle and loss streaks. At this point I've been only playing the game until I get my missions done then I log off. I find myself playing less and less because you won't put in the game some kind of requirement to advance to the next level of play other than letting every noobie buy a premium tank and ruin battles because they have F*n idea what they are doing.

StoveBolt54 #2 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30169 battles
Is your kitty scared ?

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Any game you play, you will have losing streaks. All you can do is focus on what you are able to do.

Panzerjager72 #4 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20980 battles
  • [FART-] FART-

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Jul 14 2019 - 21:12, said:

Any game you play, you will have losing streaks. All you can do is focus on what you are able to do.

I had a battle on Glacier earlier where our two wheeled tanks ran into each other trying to go up the center hill onto the ship and killed each other doing it. I've had numerous battles all day where the heavies were camping in the back or deploying to the wrong part of the map. I've had many battles today where we were winning and it turned into a loss. I had one person say that we lost the battle because their friend's tank was stock. I said "No you deployed to the wrong part of the map". Then they called me a crap player. I looked at the after battle results and their whole platoon did nothing for damage. 

Garandster #5 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5992 battles

I was 7:2 tonight and 7:2 Friday, I have not seen any issues with the weekend crowd. YOU need to work on being more influential on the battlefield, get early damage and early kills. I highly recommend checking out content from Cody_Menz (Twitch), Taugrim (Youtube), and Guido1212 (YouTube), to help give you ideas on how to improve and become a more influential player on the battlefield. I believe (don't quote me or say I sent you) that Guido does do replay analysis of view submitted battles (Make it a good one though).

The common theory that "I'm losing more because the average player skill is going down" doesn't hold up when you consider that if the players are getting worse, but you're the same or improving, then you should be winning more. I highly recommend that if the losing streak is throwing you on tilt to stop playing, the more tilted you become the worse you will play and the issue just exacerbates itself. I will also say that since I've been playing for the TOGathon, my sessions have been more frequent (about daily), but shorter in length, and I think that has really helped to boost my performance on the battlefield.

Edited by Garandster, Jul 15 2019 - 03:46.

waikin_umu #6 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 03:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12176 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
Maybe carry harder?

ChaseR392 #7 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7876 battles

View PostPanzerjager72, on Jul 15 2019 - 03:00, said:

I don't see how you are going to retain players let alone new players who have to go through these horrible weekends of dealing with low skill wallet warriors, kids who yolo every battle and loss streaks.

You do realize that the very people you are trying to "retain" are the same people you are also complaining about, right?

NeatoMan #8 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 05:27

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles
Try 7 for 31.   Tier 8...  it's the new tier 2

CynicalDutchie #9 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 12:17

Major

• Players
  • 43128 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostPanzerjager72, on Jul 15 2019 - 03:00, said:

I don't see how you are going to retain players let alone new players who have to go through these horrible weekends of dealing with low skill wallet warriors, kids who yolo every battle and loss streaks. At this point I've been only playing the game until I get my missions done then I log off. I find myself playing less and less because you won't put in the game some kind of requirement to advance to the next level of play other than letting every noobie buy a premium tank and ruin battles because they have F*n idea what they are doing.

If they put in this requirement you wouldn't be able to advance to the next level either.

Pipinghot #10 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 13:28

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostPanzerjager72, on Jul 14 2019 - 21:00, said:

I don't see how you are going to retain players let alone new players who have to go through these horrible weekends of dealing with low skill wallet warriors, kids who yolo every battle and loss streaks.

"Players" includes the exact same people you're complaining about. Those are not aliens from Alpha Centauri sneaking in and ruining the game for you. "Low skill", "wallet warrior" and "kids" are also players, just like you, and retaining them is just as important as retaining you.

Random battles are exactly that, random, the clue is in the name. This is a free to play game, it's open to the public, the entire public, which includes people you don't like seeing in the game. If you can't handle Random battles then don't play them, stick to Skirmishes and other team modes.

Also, this happens in every game. No matter what game you play there are going to be people to complain about in public battles, that is hardly unusual.

View PostPanzerjager72, on Jul 14 2019 - 21:00, said:

I find myself playing less and less because you won't put in the game some kind of requirement to advance to the next level of play other than letting every noobie buy a premium tank and ruin battles because they have F*n idea what they are doing.

Again, Free to Play, Public battles, what part of that are you failing to understand?

C3rb3rus #11 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 14:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18230 battles

For me, Saturday was just absolutely  terrible. After 10 rounds with no wins, i logged off and went about doing something else, it didnt look like things would get any better. Definitely not a good way to use premium time, heh. Sunday was better, however. After 40 rounds, i ended up with a 70%wr. I mostly played with the T71da and t-50-2, for the light missions, occasionally fitting in a Lowe or KV5 round for the moneys.

This inconsistency is why i have been around since pretty much the game launched, but just don't hang around for too long; grinding tank lines is a bad experience overall, and most players just dont care enough to make a difference. Its just a game, sure, but each one of us will have influence in the outcome, win or loss. Lemming trains, terrible positioning, greed, stupidity, all prevalent. Its sad when we know from the beginning its going to be a loss, all we have left is to try to do as much as possible and come out positive.

Even after all the years, i only have some 18k battles in. I stick around for a few months, get fed up with all the crap, and move on, then return at some point to see if things got any better. I have to admit that the matchmaker is way way better then what it used to be years ago, for tier spread, but still tragic for team balancing. And no such thing as skill distribution. All the good players can go on one team, and the bads on the other, then steamrolls happen. Very often.

In the end, WG focus on profits instead of truly caring for their game is hurting it, maybe not in ru and asia, but noticeable in eu and VERY noticeable in na. Having queues of ~200 players on the weekend is not healthy, and we keep seeing the same players over and over. Then we end up hearing about pro and wgl players that left for greener pastures, and we know they gave up for a good reason.

We all know about this stuff, im just bothering to type it in for whatever reason.

nattybumppo #12 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 14:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 36193 battles
  • [V_SOG] V_SOG

usually have losing streaks get followed up with good runs - should balance out

goldfinger_555 #13 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 17:16

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
There's too much emphasis on wins.

Jambijon #14 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 17:52

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3678 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
When I'm having a rough streak of loses, my friends always kindly remind me to "Git Gud." 

KRZYBooP #15 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 18:06

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3882 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostJambijon, on Jul 15 2019 - 10:52, said:

When I'm having a rough streak of loses, my friends always kindly remind me to "Git Gud." 

PoSt BeTtEr!

eastcoastlobster #16 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 18:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles
I went 8 for 22 on Sunday but bounced back with a 1 for 1 on Monday :)

dont_ping_me #17 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 83833 battles
I propose that everyone should get a 50% win rate. Change it now WG or I will rage quit.

moogleslam #18 Posted Jul 15 2019 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 45746 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

You should draw zero conclusions from 27 battles.  It's a tiny sample size.  Look at the bigger picture.  You're at 48% over 20k battles.  That's yours.  Own it.  It's a little below average, but not awful.  Try and focus on you, and not on anyone else, such as those who buy premium tanks to support the developers.  You're the only constant in all your battles.

On a related note, a few days go, I had a streak that was worse than I'd ever had, where I lost 11, despite playing well with purple WN8 over those battles.  No, I didn't think about uninstalling, walking away, or declaring the game to be rigged.  That's the outcome of random battles.  Sometimes the teams are in my favor, sometimes in the enemies favor, sometimes balanced, or any thing in between.  Most importantly, I know that over a large sample size, the teams are the same for everyone.  The key is trying to figure out ways to win the ones that aren't very easy to win.  Blaming anything else is not the answer.

.... but remember, when you win 20 out of 27 some day, come back to the forums and let everyone know how mad you are about that too :)

RoIito #19 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 00:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17033 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View Postmoogleslam, on Jul 15 2019 - 15:27, said:

Try and focus on you, and not on anyone else, such as those who buy premium tanks to support the developers.

Not sure if someone with less than 1k battles who doesn't even know if he likes the game is buying a premium tank to "support the devs".

Tedsc #20 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 02:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 43646 battles

Today I had 2 wins 11 losses.  It is like that every day until I win enough games to have used my manageable XP.  Once that is all used up I win at 80% for the next dozen games or so.  Its just to get you to play for longer than you originally intended to. 

I think the key learning is to not play on days you only have an hour or 2 to play and stop buying premium time.

Edited by Tedsc, Jul 16 2019 - 02:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users