M103 Heavy Tanks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kliphie #21 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 33114 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
What piece of the standard heavy trinity equipment did you drop to run binocs?

Trauglodyte #22 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 18:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostInfinityGamer, on Jul 16 2019 - 17:09, said:

I'm slightly confused. 1/2 line is the spawn point of the west team, what do you mean 'pushing the 1/2 line'? Perhaps you've got your map coordinates a bit mixed up.

Also, I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to when you say that goes 'doubly' for me. What does?

Although a weekly gameplay review sounds interesting.

Probably definitely have my coordinates mixed up.  Was referring to the Church line versus the Industrial line with the Light tank over-watch hill.  I'm at work, so I can't access anything to see what numbers/letters are attributed to lanes.

As to the "doubly for you", I was saying that I really liked your perspective, on Python's video.  We all know that there is a wide performance gap between players like you and the really bottom tier players.  You could have very easily ignored the topic, entirely, watched the video and did nothing, or watched the video and made a snarky comment.  Instead, you offered helpful advice which I wish was more abundant on this board.  I think, and this is my opinion, that a lot of people make a mistake by trying to mimic what they see great players doing without understanding why those great players are doing it.  This is why I brought up the nature of a game play review threat - I saw things, in Python's video, but I might not see the same exact thing as he saw, what you saw, or what others saw.  Peer reviews would go a long way to helping educate people.  Even though I've been playing for 3 years, there is still a lot that I either don't know well enough or know and maybe don't implement as well.  I'm all about getting better!

24_inch_pythons #23 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 30632 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostKliphie, on Jul 16 2019 - 10:28, said:

What piece of the standard heavy trinity equipment did you drop to run binocs?

I have a very basic rule... if a tank can't get max view range I run Binocs, doesn't matter what tank it is. In this case the M103 can get max view range with crew skills, vents and coated optics, but I prefer Binocs as I'm not going to be doing any active scouting. And the turret is strong enough (in the right situation) that you can park and let Binocs come up. Then you have much more useful spotting than with coated optics alone.

And on the M103 I run, rammer, vents and the Binocs.

24_inch_pythons #24 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 30632 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostInfinityGamer, on Jul 16 2019 - 04:34, said:

Ok so assuming the 705 didn't push up and just stayed where he was, my answer would simply be, go somewhere else... You're at a disadvantage in this standoff since you can't really pen him but he can easily pen the top of your turret, so just relocate. It's for this 'standoff'y reason that I never play city on this map anyway, you can't make any progress if the enemies play well, you just have to sit on the corner all game. I always go J line in any tank I'm playing, while the city is stuck in a standoff I push up and progress on the J line. Once that's been won you go through the mid and farm shots on any TDs before coming up behind the heavies who have been stuck in city all game. In my experience whoever wins the J line on Studzianki tends to win the game, so best to help out that flank.

Thanks Infinity!

InfinityGamer #25 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 12:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34956 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jul 17 2019 - 03:53, said:

Probably definitely have my coordinates mixed up.  Was referring to the Church line versus the Industrial line with the Light tank over-watch hill.  I'm at work, so I can't access anything to see what numbers/letters are attributed to lanes.

As to the "doubly for you", I was saying that I really liked your perspective, on Python's video.  We all know that there is a wide performance gap between players like you and the really bottom tier players.  You could have very easily ignored the topic, entirely, watched the video and did nothing, or watched the video and made a snarky comment.  Instead, you offered helpful advice which I wish was more abundant on this board.  I think, and this is my opinion, that a lot of people make a mistake by trying to mimic what they see great players doing without understanding why those great players are doing it.  This is why I brought up the nature of a game play review threat - I saw things, in Python's video, but I might not see the same exact thing as he saw, what you saw, or what others saw.  Peer reviews would go a long way to helping educate people.  Even though I've been playing for 3 years, there is still a lot that I either don't know well enough or know and maybe don't implement as well.  I'm all about getting better!

Ah ok. Thank you for clarifying, and I appreciate the compliments. :)

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 17 2019 - 09:14, said:

Thanks Infinity!

No problem! If you feel that you'd like more advice on anything, feel free to ask.

Avalon304 #26 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 23868 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Jul 16 2019 - 16:12, said:

I have a very basic rule... if a tank can't get max view range I run Binocs, doesn't matter what tank it is. In this case the M103 can get max view range with crew skills, vents and coated optics, but I prefer Binocs as I'm not going to be doing any active scouting. And the turret is strong enough (in the right situation) that you can park and let Binocs come up. Then you have much more useful spotting than with coated optics alone.

And on the M103 I run, rammer, vents and the Binocs.

I mean Im a huge fan of view range... but I would never... ever advise running binos on a heavy tank. And seeing you run them over vstabs... is extremely questionable. The M103's gun is good, but not good enough to drop vstabs.

I could see running optics instead of vents... but never ever binos.

M103, contrary to most peoples opinions is a good tank. Its not a Conqueror or M4 51, both of those tanks are their own special kinds of broken, but its still a good tank. Capable of dealing out reliable damage and blocking some damage.

CallandorsFire #27 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 14:10

Captain

• Players
  • 44799 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS
This thread has been very useful to me - I wish more of the posts were like this, with opportunities to advance to better play.

madogthefirst #28 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 04:36

Major

• Players
  • 24864 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostCallandorsFire, on Jul 17 2019 - 05:10, said:

This thread has been very useful to me - I wish more of the posts were like this, with opportunities to advance to better play.

You just have to come in asking with a replay and in the proper manner, come in saying the world is rigged against you and all you will get is trolling.

Also tagged with M103, Heavy Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users