Quit Nagging Already

Frontline

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BadCorps #1 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 05:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

To all those who spam "let's farm, there's more exp, not worth winning, etc..." then using very unfriendly language for people not listening to them

Stop it already. Can you name at least 1 time that suddenly 29 completely different people from you just hopped on board with you and dragged out a Frontline game for an extra 8 minutes?

It's not worth it, so quit filling the chat with useless trashtalk and "orders" so you can be general.

Winning provides higher profit margin and slightly more exp. And if 20 people want to win, why not let them have at it? The faster the battle ends the more battles you can fit into your schedule.

Edited by BadCorps, Jul 16 2019 - 20:54.

FastForward7 #2 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 06:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

Well said. If anything, these players should be upset at WG for creating such a garbage game mode where the goal isn't actually to win, but rather to drag the match out for as long as possible. It's an absurd system.

SporkBoy #3 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 06:29

Major

• Players
  • 47513 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Actually,I've had a couple games where some clueless folks got it. We even gave away two bases to put more time on the clock. Effective communication is important a skill as proper aiming in this game.

Reichmonk #4 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 07:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 27787 battles

View PostBadCorps, on Jul 16 2019 - 04:51, said:

Winning provides higher profit margin and slightly more exp. And if 20 people want to win, why not let them have at it? The faster the battle ends the more battles you can fit into your schedule.

Getting even just one rank higher provides with higher profit margin and more exp then winning. A lot higher.

Perhaps you are not aware of credit and exp multipliers that come with higher ranks?

Anyway you calculate it, it is always better (credit and exp wise) to get one more rank then do anything else, including starting a new battle. Game already lasts 20 minutes at least, so just give it another 5 to make double credits and exp, instead of starting another 20 minute battle. It is people like you that just don't get it and your ego wont let you consider that YOU are in wrong.

ElfMagi2 #5 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 08:15

Captain

• Players
  • 59183 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View PostReichmonk, on Jul 16 2019 - 01:07, said:

Getting even just one rank higher provides with higher profit margin and more exp then winning. A lot higher.

Perhaps you are not aware of credit and exp multipliers that come with higher ranks?

Anyway you calculate it, it is always better (credit and exp wise) to get one more rank then do anything else, including starting a new battle. Game already lasts 20 minutes at least, so just give it another 5 to make double credits and exp, instead of starting another 20 minute battle. It is people like you that just don't get it and your ego wont let you consider that YOU are in wrong.

Well said.

The reason to spam "let's farm, there's more exp", ect is to inform those that may not know the rules or come to the forums to learn how to get the most out of the mode.

JakeTheMystic #6 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 09:15

Major

• Players
  • 24535 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

Last month I had 10-11 people on my team say drag it out and when I killed the last objective a little too early for their liking, they started calling me every insult they could think of before the match ended.

So yeah, people do kinda care. At least they care a lot more than they should... Frontline is supposed to be more casual than pubbies but people take it too damn seriously. 

BadCorps #7 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 20:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View PostElfMagi2, on Jul 16 2019 - 01:15, said:

Well said.

The reason to spam "let's farm, there's more exp", ect is to inform those that may not know the rules or come to the forums to learn how to get the most out of the mode.

So "STOP F***ING DESTROYING THE OBJECTIVES, YOU ****s" is informing?

BadCorps #8 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View PostSporkBoy, on Jul 15 2019 - 23:29, said:

Actually,I've had a couple games where some clueless folks got it. We even gave away two bases to put more time on the clock. Effective communication is important a skill as proper aiming in this game.

And I was a in a game where a few players were demanding that we surrender the last base w/ 1 objective down. The attackers swarmed the final cap and pushed hard, mopping the floor with us and taking out the objectives w/ 5 minutes to spare. Best player ranked at captain.

wc_nighthawk #9 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 21:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24447 battles
  • [23AEF] 23AEF
Winning doesn't give me any bonus to rank, which is what I play for.  And if I have throw my tank in front of the enemy tank to shield them so they can capture a point to prevent early game termination, I will.  I already have once.  Don't make me that guy that will bump you to throw your aim off or drive in front of your gun, because I will do that too.  Because you play with your agenda to end the game early and screw everyone who hasn't at least hit Captain, I also play with an agenda to let them go as long as possible.

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I make it a point in my life to not get too tightly twisted around the flag pole over relatively unimportant stuff like video games and how folks choose to play them.

So... I don't care what others do... practically not at all.  I'm at max Prestige from my own efforts and with any luck at all, will finish this deal in September.

Even though, I plan to keep playing through the end just for the great credits.

Astralite #11 Posted Jul 16 2019 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 25846 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 16 2019 - 21:14, said:

I make it a point in my life to not get too tightly twisted around the flag pole over relatively unimportant stuff like video games and how folks choose to play them.

So... I don't care what others do... practically not at all.  I'm at max Prestige from my own efforts and with any luck at all, will finish this deal in September.

Even though, I plan to keep playing through the end just for the great credits.

You spend your entire day sitting on a forum trying to correct video game players with your green crayon. You become one with the flag pole never mind getting wrapped around it. 

Gman110 #12 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 01:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12103 battles
  • [E-WAR] E-WAR

There is no advantage to winning, plain and simple farm to make rank. Earn Credits and experience, then you win. Even when  you are on the losing side.

Captram77 #13 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 02:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11302 battles
I had 3 quarters of the team, in C zone. The Rest of us were getting Swarmed, can't get shots off, what good is that, games ends too fast, just because fools on C.  Flipped side, Ian one more shot away from General.... They refused to surrender one zone. So yeah, going to be heated. Not everyone can get captain every match, so a chance for general wasted....sucks. So be prepared for the insults, when you're being a selfish prick.

BadCorps #14 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 06:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View Postwc_nighthawk, on Jul 16 2019 - 14:01, said:

Winning doesn't give me any bonus to rank, which is what I play for.  And if I have throw my tank in front of the enemy tank to shield them so they can capture a point to prevent early game termination, I will.  I already have once.  Don't make me that guy that will bump you to throw your aim off or drive in front of your gun, because I will do that too.  Because you play with your agenda to end the game early and screw everyone who hasn't at least hit Captain, I also play with an agenda to let them go as long as possible.

I don't specifically end the game. I've only killed 1 objective so far and that was the first one of the game, but i still got an insane amount of backlash because we had 2 minutes to take E and F (which the enemy had wonderfully barricaded, if I say so myself) or finish the game as fast as possible.

And don't forget that you still have to convince 29 OTHER people to do the same

Edited by BadCorps, Jul 17 2019 - 06:19.

BadCorps #15 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 06:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View PostReichmonk, on Jul 16 2019 - 00:07, said:

But if a 20 minute game goes into a 25 minute game and you still don't get your precious general rank. That's an extra 5 minutes wasted, when you could have just sucked it up and taken major with 5 minutes to spare.

I am perfectly fine with getting Captain every match, but I try my best to work with the majority of the team. And if the majority says win, then I'll help win.

Captram77 #16 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 11:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11302 battles
The worst is when you're one shot away from any next rank, and they kill the objective, with 8 plus mins left, or refuse to all a cap to be taken.

khorender_1 #17 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 18:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7300 battles

View PostBadCorps, on Jul 16 2019 - 05:51, said:

To all those who spam "let's farm, there's more exp, not worth winning, etc..." then using very unfriendly language for people not listening to them

Stop it already. Can you name at least 1 time that suddenly 29 completely different people from you just hopped on board with you and dragged out a Frontline game for an extra 8 minutes?

It's not worth it, so quit filling the chat with useless trashtalk and "orders" so you can be general.

So you made a thread about the same thing you just did ? I'd rather let the game go for another 8 minutes.

Also tagged with Frontline

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users