Cant we please get other tiers on tournaments

70 replies to this topic

TastyPastry #21 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 16:27

Captain

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 03 2019 - 11:01, said:

100% agree. STOP pandering to top tier super unicum clan players and allow for lower tier tournaments again as used to be in the good old days. Yes even tier 1 tourneys were a blast. Right now all we ever see is tier X, IX and maybe VIII. This means that there are mostly top level players in each and every group.  Give us lousier less skilled players a chance please....lower tier tourneys again! Also having to always play high tier tourneys means we are losing credits EVERY DAMNED GAME! Credits are so  hard to obtain in this game as it is. I also play Warplanes and Warships and have no problem obtaining needed credits in those games but in Tanks it is extremely difficult. In fact I have 14 regular tier X tanks that I hardly ever play because I lose credits every damned game. I also have 21  yes twenty one more tier X tanks cleared but have not purchased as I only have about 10 Million in credits. Making credits in this game is ridiculously difficult. 

While I agree we should have tournaments of lower tiers, I think it's silly to say high tier tournaments are pandering to the top players. If you put together a team of your buddies and I put together a team of my buddies, you'd lose every game at every tier. 

I see plenty of bad teams in the tier 10 tournaments. Just because you have a tier 10 doesn't make you good.

94EXPOS #22 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 19:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
I'm not saying I never want to see high tiered tourneys. I am just saying I would like to see a return to the days when there was a mix of tiers and number of players every week. It just makes all the sense in the world that at higher tiers you see a higher percentage of highly skilled players. Those high tiered tourneys are very expensive to play as you lose credits guaranteed and as a medium or low skilled player you have pretty much close to a zero pct chance of winning any gold unless of course the unicums in your bracket don't show up. I've tried playing tier 10 tourneys in a Type 5 or one of my 2 Brit premiums, No matter what, especially if you lose the game, you lose creds. Type 5 just firing regular HE - lose 20K creds plus. Same thing in Brit heavy F215b firing Premium APCR. No point in firing AP as you will never pen. Closest I came was I tried a game in TD F215b(183) firing regular HE. Almost won the game and did a lot of damage but still lost just under 10K creds. 

Hellsfog #23 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 05 2019 - 13:50, said:

I'm not saying I never want to see high tiered tourneys. I am just saying I would like to see a return to the days when there was a mix of tiers and number of players every week. It just makes all the sense in the world that at higher tiers you see a higher percentage of highly skilled players. Those high tiered tourneys are very expensive to play as you lose credits guaranteed and as a medium or low skilled player you have pretty much close to a zero pct chance of winning any gold unless of course the unicums in your bracket don't show up. I've tried playing tier 10 tourneys in a Type 5 or one of my 2 Brit premiums, No matter what, especially if you lose the game, you lose creds. Type 5 just firing regular HE - lose 20K creds plus. Same thing in Brit heavy F215b firing Premium APCR. No point in firing AP as you will never pen. Closest I came was I tried a game in TD F215b(183) firing regular HE. Almost won the game and did a lot of damage but still lost just under 10K creds. 

What you actually wrote was

Block Quote

...STOP pandering to top tier super unicum clan players and allow for lower tier tournaments again as used to be in the good old days...

You still have explained why.that is.  Your complaint has basically boiled down to "I am so terrible I can't earn credits in pub matches or strongholds so WG should pander to me by making tourneys in tiers I can easily afford."  

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 23:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56270 battles
Expos, you're full of it, bud.  You seem to want to misconstrue anything anyone says to you.  Good luck with that.

94EXPOS #25 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 02:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
All I as well as most others would like to see is a more balanced set of tiers for tournaments and not always high tiered tourneys which gives higher skilled players even more of an advantage than they already have. Of course the higher skilled players don't want to see any change. Go figure. According to Hellsfog the game should only be played by "Super unicums" and all lower skilled players should uninstall.......gee I bet he's never typed those words in chat.....roflmfao. 

cloudwalkr #26 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 14:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56270 battles

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 06 2019 - 02:05, said:

All I as well as most others would like to see is a more balanced set of tiers for tournaments and not always high tiered tourneys which gives higher skilled players even more of an advantage than they already have. Of course the higher skilled players don't want to see any change. Go figure. According to Hellsfog the game should only be played by "Super unicums" and all lower skilled players should uninstall.......gee I bet he's never typed those words in chat.....roflmfao. 

hellsfog never said anything of the sort.  Again, you misconstrue things being said and try to inject your own narrative.  You're worse than a 5yr old.

Sturm_Teufel #27 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 48136 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostTastyPastry, on Aug 05 2019 - 07:27, said:

While I agree we should have tournaments of lower tiers, I think it's silly to say high tier tournaments are pandering to the top players. If you put together a team of your buddies and I put together a team of my buddies, you'd lose every game at every tier. 

I see plenty of bad teams in the tier 10 tournaments. Just because you have a tier 10 doesn't make you good.

Very true. Well said TastyPastry. I have played in a few tourneys of various tiers. CW and Stronks tiers6-8-10. Even though I have plenty tier 10 tanks I don't play them as often as I should because I enjoy various other tanks of different tiers. I also suck at most of my tier 10 tanks because I don't get enough practice in them. Now, if I'm on a team with a capable caller, I do well. Alone in pubs.... sometimes good, sometimes meh, sometimes UGH/ARGH! If I practice more, study armor layouts of tier 10 tanks (it helps me), and take advice/learn from other/better players, I will most certainly become better at tier 10.

BTW, what kind of pastry?

Hellsfog #28 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 05 2019 - 20:05, said:

Aww, it's cute when children get all pouty and exaggerate. 

airdevilsinn #29 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 03:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 57617 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
gave up on tourneys months ago total crap payouts

94EXPOS #30 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 01:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Latest Tier 10 fiasco Tourney.   Players faced by PR... 8005, 9104, 6943, 6645 and 8741. My PR  just under 5500. Total cost of playing the 5 games without using any premium ammo = 55.7 K credits in the red lost. Thankfully one player did not show up so I saved between 10 to 15K for that game. At least 1 opponent was definitely using Super Mod Auto Aim Bot as I was in my BC25t going full speed and dodging at good distance in the field and he hit me 5 times out of 5 shots. Impossible to do without that Super Mod. Yup I am now convinced...Tier 10 tournaments do not favor Super Unicums at all and it's just my negative attitude that has me losing every game with zero chance of making any gold and 100% chance of losing a boat load of credits. Had I fired premium ammo the total cost would have been closer to 100K for sure. But hey according to Hellsfog I am just a Cute Exaggerating, Pouty, Child who according to cloudwalker is worse than a 5 year old and full of it. 

RC_1140 #31 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 63986 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 09 2019 - 16:19, said:

Latest Tier 10 fiasco Tourney.   Players faced by PR... 8005, 9104, 6943, 6645 and 8741. My PR  just under 5500. Total cost of playing the 5 games without using any premium ammo = 55.7 K credits in the red lost. Thankfully one player did not show up so I saved between 10 to 15K for that game. At least 1 opponent was definitely using Super Mod Auto Aim Bot as I was in my BC25t going full speed and dodging at good distance in the field and he hit me 5 times out of 5 shots. Impossible to do without that Super Mod. Yup I am now convinced...Tier 10 tournaments do not favor Super Unicums at all and it's just my negative attitude that has me losing every game with zero chance of making any gold and 100% chance of losing a boat load of credits. Had I fired premium ammo the total cost would have been closer to 100K for sure. But hey according to Hellsfog I am just a Cute Exaggerating, Pouty, Child who according to cloudwalker is worse than a 5 year old and full of it. 

Its not that hard to hit a BC depending on the tank. Anything with good accuracy/gun handling and high shell velocity can do it. What tank were you fighting?

yruputin #32 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 02:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30713 battles
  • [HOR] HOR
unfortunately the seal clubbers would steal that gold too with all their illegal mod stolen valor:izmena:

94EXPOS #33 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 12:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
His tank was a Super Conqueror. Map was Ghost Town and he was sitting on the edge of the buildings and I at first was in the bushes that run along that area. I spotted him first and did the first damage. I was insta spotted and took off. The next four shots he fired all hit, as I kited away towards the North West corner of the map at full speed. His 4th shot hit me as I was at the far NW corner just before turning around to hide behind the rock there. BC25t was not my first choice. I just thought I could flank, hit with stealth and run once my clip was done. Also its regular ammo is APCR which I used instead of HEAT to try and spend less credits in a futile attempt to win gold.  I was dead wrong on all counts. The Super Unicums also have the Super OP tanks that almost no average player has.I faced two T95/FV4201 super OP Campaign reward tanks. Besides the Super Conq I also faced an OBJ 277 and in that game I tried playing my F215b(183) UK premium TD again to try and save some credits as it fires HE. Huge failure as OBJ 277 is far too fast and UK TD turret can only angle like 45 degrees or so. I played the BC25t two games. The last game I played I decided to play my F215b UK heavy and decided to fire just HE as I was already guaranteed last place and wanted to just have fun and again try and waste less credits. So I have come to the obvious and painful conclusion that tier 10 1v1 tourneys are a 100% waste of time and credits unless you have a PR rating above 9000 and have an OP tank at your disposal. Or half the players in your grouping fail to show (3) guaranteeing that you will at least finish in 3rd place for a whopping 200 gold. Oh bloody Joy to the World of Tanks Wargaming style. 

94EXPOS #34 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 17:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Today tier 9 1v1 tourney results and experience.  I decided to play my Russian T-10 Heavy because it's fast to the cap and is pretty decent. I also decided to fire premium APCR ammo. I have Gun Rammer, Vents and GLD with Orderly Ammo Rack Directive. Reload down to 9.87 and DPM at 2371. Also I run Large Kits for Tourneys. Basically these tourneys also have almost zero strategy because they have cut down the cap times so much that if you don't go directly to cap, it is more than likely you will lose without ever firing a shot as you get capped out.  In 1v1 Encounter battles the cap time is a measly 45 seconds. Sheer Insanity.  The games are almost always over very quickly and then you sit and wait an average 10 minutes between games. If your opponent fails to show, it's more like 13 minutes. Players faced by PR...much different than yesterday's tier 10.... 5040, 4571, 8332, 8176, 3755. 1st game I face an M-103. Fairly easy win. I fired 6 hit and penned 5. M-103 fired 7 hit 5 penned 3. Second game I face that OP T-55A mission reward tank which I am close to getting but still don't have. I lose with opponent having just about 150 HP left as we circled the fountain in Ruinberg. I shot 4 and penned 4. He shot 10, hit 9 and penned 6. 3 no pens and 1 miss and I still couldn't win against a weaker player in an OP tank. My luck changes...The next 2 players are AFK....WOOHOO. :-) PR players 8332 and 8176 have not bothered to show up. SWEET!  12 1/2 minute wait between next 2 games but I can live with that:-). First game I made 25K with 6 prem rds fired in a win and 2nd game I lost 3.8K in a loss firing only 4 times. Last game I face an ST-I and lose big time. No way to pen the damned thing firing premium APCR. 4 shots fired , 4 hits and zero stinking pens lower glacias. He shoots 6 times hits 5 and pens 2. I lose to a 3755 PR player in a tank I had no way of penning. I tried flanking and of course got capped as he hid behind fountain. I lost 19.9K that last game. So clearly winning games also makes a huge difference to your bottom line +/-. Total Credits for the tourney +1K aprox. Had the 2 unicums showed up I for sure lose those 2 games and lose probably close to 40K in credits and make zero gold for my time and effort. As it is I finish 4th for 1 lousy stinking Personal Reserve. Oh frikking Joy to The World again. Jeremiah was a bullfrog and Wargaming Admins are jerks who care nothing for the average player and truly pander to Unicums in these top tier tourneys. :-(

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 10 2019 - 17:14.

Hellsfog #35 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Good job on winning by default again. You must be proud. 

94EXPOS #36 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 20:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D

Can you actually read Hellsfog? Maybe you should get hooked on phonics. I finished 4th. In what dimension or fantasy is finishing 4th winning? Once again Hellsfog proves that he would clearly prefer that all players skilled under 8K PR w

should uninstall and deserve no tourneys below tier X so that way he and his ilk can dominate every game and every tourney. People like Hellsfog are what ruin the enjoyment of the game for the average and less skilled players. 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 10 2019 - 20:17.

Hellsfog #37 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 10 2019 - 14:16, said:

Can you actually read Hellsfog? Maybe you should get hooked on phonics. I finished 4th. In what dimension or fantasy is finishing 4th winning? Once again Hellsfog proves that he would clearly prefer that all players skilled under 8K PR w

should uninstall and deserve no tourneys below tier X so that way he and his ilk can dominate every game and every tourney. People like Hellsfog are what ruin the enjoyment of the game for the average and less skilled players. 

I know you're so irrationally angry about being sub-mediocre that you make up entire posts in your own head.  Please find for me anywhere, in the real world not in your trash can, I posted anything close to what you've attributed to me here.  Good luck.

As you for what you wrote....

Block Quote

...So clearly winning games also makes a huge difference to your bottom line +/-. Total Credits for the tourney +1K aprox. Had the 2 unicums showed up I for sure lose those 2 games...

So grats on winning by having players not show up. 

With your non-stop crying, bitterness and generally nutty demeanor, you're a great advertisement for your clan.  They should make you a recruitment officer. 

94EXPOS #38 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 00:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
You know nothing. You are so full of your self and so ignorant it's hilarious. You don't even make sense. "Please find for me anywhere, in the real world not in your trash can, I posted anything close to what you've attributed to me here. ". Like I said get "hooked on phonics". I sure hope English is not your first language, because if it is, you communicate like a 5 yr old. Your demeanor is a perfect advertisement for anyone with an IQ over 50, anyone with any compassion and empathy to stay the hell away from you as a person and your clan in general who allows psychologically damaged individuals such as yourself to represent their clan. 

Hellsfog #39 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 10 2019 - 18:04, said:

You know nothing. You are so full of your self and so ignorant it's hilarious. You don't even make sense. "Please find for me anywhere, in the real world not in your trash can, I posted anything close to what you've attributed to me here. ". Like I said get "hooked on phonics". I sure hope English is not your first language, because if it is, you communicate like a 5 yr old. Your demeanor is a perfect advertisement for anyone with an IQ over 50, anyone with any compassion and empathy to stay the hell away from you as a person and your clan in general who allows psychologically damaged individuals such as yourself to represent their clan. 

You are one unintentionally funny guy but I find low IQ people funny anyway.  Still waiting for that quote you attributed to me. Good luck with other teams not showing up. Stay bad. 

94EXPOS #40 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 01:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47543 battles
  • [5D] 5D
And you are one intentionally huge mega a hole whom I find to be utterly pathetic as an excuse for a human being. I never did "quote" you. Show me this supposed quote Mr Genius. Yes players with super high PRs who most likely use "super Mods" not showing up is the only chance that 95% of the rest of us average less skilled players have of getting close to gold in high tiered tourneys. The whole point of the original post was exactly that. The only way to level the playing field somewhat is to have lower tiered tourney where there is a higher population of less skilled players that are able to play. The Admins who run these tourneys should stop pandering to top unicum players. Most surely make plenty of gold in their clans as it is. Leave some for the average players. 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 11 2019 - 01:47.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users