Cant we please get other tiers on tournaments

70 replies to this topic

Jackal58 #41 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 20:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 98689 battles
  • [COPS] COPS

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 06 2019 - 01:05, said:

All I as well as most others would like to see is a more balanced set of tiers for tournaments and not always high tiered tourneys which gives higher skilled players even more of an advantage than they already have. Of course the higher skilled players don't want to see any change. Go figure. According to Hellsfog the game should only be played by "Super unicums" and all lower skilled players should uninstall.......gee I bet he's never typed those words in chat.....roflmfao. 

I am a very average player. I typically finish in the gold in any tournament I enter. I probably finish first 30% of the time or maybe a little bit more often.Most of my tier 7 and 8 premiums I have purchased with gold won in tournies. The tier does not matter to me. 1v1 I am confident in my play style at any tier. I find myself more disadvantaged by a map than the tier but that's a shortcoming I have in my own play style not any advantage any other person has over me. I work at correcting it but old dogs and all. You are your own worst enemy it would appear. You have already convinced yourself you can't win vs a player with a higher rating than you. Stop blaming others for your own discouragement and despair. 

And yes I would like to see a larger variety of tiers in the 1v1 tournaments. A lot of people have a limited number of tier 9 and 10 tanks or none at all. Stop excluding them. I would also like it if you expanded the number of days in the week you offer them. I am sure another group of players is excluded from tourney play simply because they are unavailable on Friday nights or Saturday mornings.

94EXPOS #42 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47536 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Jackal I agree with most of what you've posted. I disagree that you claim to be an "average" player if you finish 1st 30% of the time. You have over a 50% win rate in over 97K battles and your PR is just over 5.3K. Wow! That's over twice as many battles as I have. The average player has a helluva lot less than 97K battles played and definitely has a lower than 50% win rate. However what you, and most others have posted about my supposed "defeatist" attitude being the cause of my losses is 100% incorrect. I am a realist not a defeatist. I always try 100% to get the win, except when I have zero % chance of making any gold due to previous losses in the bracket, and even then I still try but I try to lose the least amount of credits at that point in these tier 9/10 tourneys. I have never said it is impossible to win games against high PR players. I have just stated that realistically my chances, and any other players chances for that mater of my skill level and lower is very slim indeed. It's a fact. There's a reason why those highly skilled players have such high win rates and PR ratings. They almost always have acquired the best tanks available to them for the higher tiers and very often they have OP reward tanks that most other players do not have. Also I am positive that many if not most of these highly skilled players use "Super Mods" no matter how vehemently they try to deny it. And to be honest, probably they are just better players than I am. But with "super mods" still being so widely used..... 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 11 2019 - 23:51.

Hellsfog #43 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 38246 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostJackal58, on Aug 11 2019 - 14:49, said:

I am a very average player. I typically finish in the gold in any tournament I enter. I probably finish first 30% of the time or maybe a little bit more often.Most of my tier 7 and 8 premiums I have purchased with gold won in tournies. The tier does not matter to me. 1v1 I am confident in my play style at any tier. I find myself more disadvantaged by a map than the tier but that's a shortcoming I have in my own play style not any advantage any other person has over me. I work at correcting it but old dogs and all. You are your own worst enemy it would appear. You have already convinced yourself you can't win vs a player with a higher rating than you. Stop blaming others for your own discouragement and despair. 

And yes I would like to see a larger variety of tiers in the 1v1 tournaments. A lot of people have a limited number of tier 9 and 10 tanks or none at all. Stop excluding them. I would also like it if you expanded the number of days in the week you offer them. I am sure another group of players is excluded from tourney play simply because they are unavailable on Friday nights or Saturday mornings.

I'm glad to hear your winning some WG gold and having some fun while doing it. It's almost like you're not handcuffed by being an angry, overly entitled, whinging, excuse-finding man-child and are able to punch above your weight. If only some others in this thread would learn from your example. 

TastyPastry #44 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 20:47

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 10 2019 - 07:09, said:

His tank was a Super Conqueror. Map was Ghost Town and he was sitting on the edge of the buildings and I at first was in the bushes that run along that area. I spotted him first and did the first damage. I was insta spotted and took off. The next four shots he fired all hit, as I kited away towards the North West corner of the map at full speed. His 4th shot hit me as I was at the far NW corner just before turning around to hide behind the rock there. BC25t was not my first choice. I just thought I could flank, hit with stealth and run once my clip was done. Also its regular ammo is APCR which I used instead of HEAT to try and spend less credits in a futile attempt to win gold.  I was dead wrong on all counts. The Super Unicums also have the Super OP tanks that almost no average player has.I faced two T95/FV4201 super OP Campaign reward tanks. Besides the Super Conq I also faced an OBJ 277 and in that game I tried playing my F215b(183) UK premium TD again to try and save some credits as it fires HE. Huge failure as OBJ 277 is far too fast and UK TD turret can only angle like 45 degrees or so. I played the BC25t two games. The last game I played I decided to play my F215b UK heavy and decided to fire just HE as I was already guaranteed last place and wanted to just have fun and again try and waste less credits. So I have come to the obvious and painful conclusion that tier 10 1v1 tourneys are a 100% waste of time and credits unless you have a PR rating above 9000 and have an OP tank at your disposal. Or half the players in your grouping fail to show (3) guaranteeing that you will at least finish in 3rd place for a whopping 200 gold. Oh bloody Joy to the World of Tanks Wargaming style. 

Wait, you played a Bat on Ghost Town in a 1v1...? Why? Then you tried a FV215b 183, and you're wondering why you're losing? 

If everyone runs a Super Conq and you don't run a Super Conq? The tank is in the tech tree...

You played a bunch of garbage tanks for a Ghost Town 1v1 and you wonder why you lost? 

Also, if you want a PR above 9000, you could just play better. It's not that hard. 

94EXPOS #45 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 22:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47536 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Ok TP. Clearly I explained that I was trying to flank and get some hits in. I clearly stated that yes 2 tanks were in Tech Tree and 2 were OP reward tanks. That is 50% and not "EVERYONE"! I never complained about losing. I complained about losing credits and once again the whole point of this thread is that there are no longer any lower tiered tourneys. Playing above 9000 PR is not that hard??   ROFLMFAO.   Yeah it's fairly easy when you have every cheat super mod available.  Oh I looked up Pasties PR and of course it's above 9400. lol  BRING BACK LOW TIERED TOURNEYS!! 

Jackal58 #46 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 23:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 98689 battles
  • [COPS] COPS

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 11 2019 - 22:48, said:

Jackal I agree with most of what you've posted. I disagree that you claim to be an "average" player if you finish 1st 30% of the time. You have over a 50% win rate in over 97K battles and your PR is just over 5.3K. Wow! That's over twice as many battles as I have. The average player has a helluva lot less than 97K battles played and definitely has a lower than 50% win rate. However what you, and most others have posted about my supposed "defeatist" attitude being the cause of my losses is 100% incorrect. I am a realist not a defeatist. I always try 100% to get the win, except when I have zero % chance of making any gold due to previous losses in the bracket, and even then I still try but I try to lose the least amount of credits at that point in these tier 9/10 tourneys. I have never said it is impossible to win games against high PR players. I have just stated that realistically my chances, and any other players chances for that mater of my skill level and lower is very slim indeed. It's a fact. There's a reason why those highly skilled players have such high win rates and PR ratings. They almost always have acquired the best tanks available to them for the higher tiers and very often they have OP reward tanks that most other players do not have. Also I am positive that many if not most of these highly skilled players use "Super Mods" no matter how vehemently they try to deny it. And to be honest, probably they are just better players than I am. But with "super mods" still being so widely used..... 

My overall stats are those of a low average player. Not below average just on the lower side of what most would consider the average player zone. Number of battles does not matter in a 1v1 tournament. In the current tournament format that has six tanks in a bracket finishing 3rd should be a no brainer for most folks in at least half the tourneys you join. The sheer number of afks in each tournament kind of makes it impossible not to walk away with at least a couple hundred of free gold each month. Seems that there is at least 2 afk players in each one. That means you only have to win one of three battles against a real person to get in the money. That's not hard to do. Two wins will frequently put you into a tie for first.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

If you are willing to take some advice from an average player that is not intimidated by unicums and superunicums in 1v1 matches I will lay it out here for you. Whether you decide to use it or not is entirely on you but it works for me.

1- Most 1v1 battles are played by heavy tanks. So use a heavy. (Except tier 6. Somebody smarter than me has to explain that one)

2- If you are playing tournament battles to make credits you are doing it wrong. I make credits during the week to play in tournaments to make gold. You have a variety of consumables available to you to to increase your tanks overall performance. Use them. Gas - oil - foodstuffs. I typically run food. I don't like giving up my repair and first aid kits. The large ones. Use them. 

3- Directives. Again use them. I prefer the orderly ammo rack or vent purge to decrease my loading time but I have also used combat course, gearbox intricacy and steady hand. Those three improve your mobility or accuracy while shooting on the move. Use them.

4- Be hyper aggressive. Most heavy tanks are built for close up brawling. Do it. A lot of your competitors will panic and try to put distance between you and them. Don't let them. Ram them, push them, and keep shooting. You don't have to worry about their friends. They don't have any. If they show up in a medium or a light all the better. 

5- Head straight to the cap. Get on it. I win two or three battles a month because the other guy took the long way around. It's all about winning. There are no style points.There is no shame in winning because your opponent was stupid.

6- It's all about dpm. If you have a choice between tanks pick the one with the highest dpm and load HEAT or APCR. You are playing to win gold not credits. That's why you see so many S.Conqs at tier 10. Get one.

GL. Maybe I'll see you in one of my brackets.

TastyPastry #47 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 21:57

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 12 2019 - 17:55, said:

Ok TP. Clearly I explained that I was trying to flank and get some hits in. I clearly stated that yes 2 tanks were in Tech Tree and 2 were OP reward tanks. That is 50% and not "EVERYONE"! I never complained about losing. I complained about losing credits and once again the whole point of this thread is that there are no longer any lower tiered tourneys. Playing above 9000 PR is not that hard??   ROFLMFAO.   Yeah it's fairly easy when you have every cheat super mod available.  Oh I looked up Pasties PR and of course it's above 9400. lol  BRING BACK LOW TIERED TOURNEYS!! 

I don't run mods though.

cloudwalkr #48 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 16:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56259 battles

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 12 2019 - 22:55, said:

so is everyone cheating, in your small little mind, if they are above 9k pr?  I'm just under 10k pr...does that make me a cheater?  Asking for a friend. 

94EXPOS #49 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47536 battles
  • [5D] 5D
Even if that were actually true, what fool would ever admit to running Super Mods on WOT forums??? DUH ROFLMFAO!  So HELL YES I beileve 100% that a large majority of 8K+ PR players run Super Mods and you'd have to be a huge ignoramus without a clue to believe other wise. . 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 16 2019 - 17:08.

Hellsfog #50 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 38246 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 16 2019 - 11:07, said:

Even if that were actually true, what fool would ever admit to running Super Mods on WOT forums??? DUH ROFLMFAO!  So HELL YES I beileve 100% that a large majority of 8K+ PR players run Super Mods and you'd have to be a huge ignoramus without a clue to believe other wise. . 

You are the gift that keeps on giving. You're bitterness at being sub-mediocre at this simply game is truly wonderful.  "Huge ignoramus" is certainly fitting. 

The_GreatOne #51 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 18:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43134 battles
  • [NIC0] NIC0

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 16 2019 - 11:07, said:

Dude... can you stop acting like an idiot please. This entire topic is about you accusing people of using mods.

The only mod that is used by anyone now in days is XVM and  the hp pool mod  that aslain's provides (The latter is is mainly used by callers tbh). Also if you looked at the campaign, you would have seen a total of 24 people get banned due to mods.. only 4-6 (Cant remember the number) of those were were in the top 600 where all of your 8k people are. 

Also i have played tournaments with you in the past..... your calls are a little easy to break, you cant camp in a corner when there is something called view range and camo... soooo yea stop blaming others for your mistakes.

Now back to this topic. There should be more tiers in the tournaments but the problem is no one shows for tiers 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 typically. Also the rewards for these are typically lower which is why no one joins them.

TastyPastry #52 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 18:45

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Post94EXPOS, on Aug 16 2019 - 12:07, said:

Look bud, I could give you every illegal mod known to this game and you would still be bad. Why is that? Because you were bad in the first place. 

94EXPOS #53 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 21:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47536 battles
  • [5D] 5D

Hellsfog - 100% clueless ignorant, legend in his own mind, fool. I am not even close to being bitter. Stating facts and opinions based on facts. Very simply. 

Great One - I have never called when playing tournaments - ever. You claim no Super Mods are ever used but then contradict yourself by admitting that 24 players were banned due to using illegal super mods in the latest Campaign. I don't even feel the need to look up those stats and will just take your word for granted. Those 24 players were the ones that were stupid enough to get caught, and playing in a Campaign no less where if ever Wargaming is going to focus a bit more on catching players using Super Mods it sure as hell is going to be in Campaigns and the more higher end super tourneys. So who is truly the idiot here I ask? 

Tasty Pastry - Just admitted to having every illegal mod known to the game that he wants to give me for free to prove that I still would be worse than him even though the playing field would finally be evened up.  LOL

All I am asking is that lower tiered tourneys return. More gold in prizes would be good as well. That's it. Super Mods are a fact of life in WOT and always will be despite what Wargaming and all these 8K+ PR players claim and would like the rest of us scrubs to believe.   

End Of Story.... 

Edited by 94EXPOS, Aug 16 2019 - 21:10.

TastyPastry #54 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 22:32

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

I'm not against lower tiered tournaments. I would still win those tournaments, and you would still lose those tournaments. It's not about tier. You're bad, and therefore you're bad at every tier. 

If you spent the time working on improving your gameplay rather than complaining on the forums, maybe you'd actually realize that players can be good without using mods. 

Besides, if your attitude wasn't so bad, people might be more willing to help you. Instead, you approach this game with the attitude that everyone who does well cheats, and WG is just out to get lower tiered players. 

The_GreatOne #55 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43134 battles
  • [NIC0] NIC0

View PostTastyPastry, on Aug 16 2019 - 16:32, said:

If you spent the time working on improving your gameplay rather than complaining on the forums, maybe you'd actually realize that players can be good without using mods.

TastyPastry #56 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:45

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Also, I'd like to wish 94EXPOS good luck on the tier 10 Muro tournament today. I hope he faces a lot of Chieftans. 

cloudwalkr #57 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 20:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56259 battles

Expos is good for a laugh, at least.  Not much anything else, but he did make me chuckle.

i also wonder how that tourney worked out.  I'm assuming he lost due to everyone else running illegal mods.  

Edit:  now it's 8k pr and up are cheating.  What about those pesky 7,900pr players?  Someone needs to investigate immediately.

fool.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Aug 17 2019 - 20:21.

Jackal58 #58 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 21:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 98689 battles
  • [COPS] COPS
So after seeing another tier 10 for Friday night and tier 9 for Saturday morning I now assume this will be norm for all future 1v1 tournaments? Would be nice if one of you WG types came into this thread and said yes or no. There is no shame in talking to your customer base.

jthom #59 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 22:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21454 battles
  • [ZSF] ZSF

Bravo to everyone who commented on this post. Extremely entertaining. This is the first topic I've read in the forum for a few years now and boy oh boy wasn't disappointed. Haven't had such a good laugh in awhile. 

Keep up the good work everyone. 

TastyPastry #60 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 01:51

Captain

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 17 2019 - 15:19, said:

Expos is good for a laugh, at least.  Not much anything else, but he did make me chuckle.

i also wonder how that tourney worked out.  I'm assuming he lost due to everyone else running illegal mods.  

Edit:  now it's 8k pr and up are cheating.  What about those pesky 7,900pr players?  Someone needs to investigate immediately.

fool.

Everyone knows when you hit 8000 PR WG emails you a zip folder that contains Russian malware every illegal mod.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users