35 replies to this topic

LostMyMarbles #21 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 19:46

Captain

• Players
  • 47049 battles
  • [INDIG] INDIG

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 17 2019 - 10:14, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Come Rock out to our events with this fierce shirt. 

The shirt also comes with 15 x5 bonus multiplier after the first win of the day is claimed, and 1250 gold.

For more information on the sale click on the Picture below

The offer runs from yesterday(16Jul) until 19Aug.

Sadly this offer is available to U.S.Residents only, and you must be logged in to see the offer.

once again alienating the rest of the NA server by making it available to US residents only   way to fail wargaming once again

Goblord #22 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 21:12

Private

• Players
  • 11476 battles
  • [-BMC-] -BMC-

View PostJaspo, on Jul 18 2019 - 00:41, said:

Sooo...I'm a screen printer. But first of all, "tried and true" and "World of Tanks" are antonyms, so it's a very strange thing to put on a WoT shirt.

Now, that pricing. Well, depends on the tee. If it's a cheap Jerzees threadbare thing, the unit price for the thing will be under $5. A Gildan is your standard decent t-shirt, and is generally beloved by screen printers due to its ease of printing. It comes in somewhere around 5-6 bucks. If it's a Carhartt or some such thing, we're talking more in the 10-15 dollar range, but that seems unlikely.

so you're looking at 5 bucks plus 3 bucks for printing plus idk, another 5 bucks for shipping; still less than $15...so $30 is very roughly 15 dollars of profit per shirt for WG. I guess, since they typically operate with 100% profit from their sales of imaginary items, they might not consider this to be a particularly profitable deal for them. That said, the company I work for would likely charge around 10 bucks per unit for such a print.

You're likely selling your screened goods, if you're not a tiny shop, to a retailer... who is going to step on the price even more. So, $10 from you to $20 on the shelf for the end consumer.

eCommerce business for apparel has an even higher markup, as Amazon is going to drop-ship the goods directly to the end consumer.

It's more than likely that these are not screen printed at all, and that Amazon is printing them on-demand using direct to garment printers.

If it's coming from Amazon, and they are running it through their direct to garment shop, then it would almost certainly be a Port & Co from Sanmar.

Argamen #23 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 14:48

Private

• Players
  • 4465 battles
  • [-OSP-] -OSP-
No link to Amazon received after purchase for shirt size selection and color. - update: Opened a ticket with support and received the email link to Amazon to claim shirt. - Thanks.

Edited by Argamen, Jul 19 2019 - 17:59.

KRZYBooP #24 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 18:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3881 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postshurick, on Jul 17 2019 - 18:38, said:

make this available in Canada plz

Sometime soon I hope. The Idea has been pitched when they announced NA only here in the office. 

"This is available for NA only." -Staff at WG delivering the news

"We should include Canada." -KRZYBoop

*KRZYBoop gets thrown out a window*

View PostGravitymint, on Jul 17 2019 - 17:56, said:

maybe if our MM wasn't still awful, people might consider this, but it is still awful sooo... no

MM works better than ever so I am not sure what you are referring to. 

View Postpoppavein, on Jul 17 2019 - 16:21, said:

WTH is "Tried N True"?

At least with my Harley T-shirts, I don't have to explain them. 

And if they still don't get it, then it's: "If I have to explain it to you, then you wouldn't understand."

"Tried and True" Tanks tested in battle, helped win a war or two. Those are my interpretations for the saying. 

View PostLostMyMarbles, on Jul 18 2019 - 12:46, said:

once again alienating the rest of the NA server by making it available to US residents only   way to fail wargaming once again

Working on more inclusive stuff in the future

Jaspo #25 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 23:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31016 battles

View PostGoblord, on Jul 18 2019 - 14:12, said:

You're likely selling your screened goods, if you're not a tiny shop, to a retailer... who is going to step on the price even more. So, $10 from you to $20 on the shelf for the end consumer.

eCommerce business for apparel has an even higher markup, as Amazon is going to drop-ship the goods directly to the end consumer.

It's more than likely that these are not screen printed at all, and that Amazon is printing them on-demand using direct to garment printers.

If it's coming from Amazon, and they are running it through their direct to garment shop, then it would almost certainly be a Port & Co from Sanmar.

We are a tiny shop. Our shirts go straight to the customer.

LostMyMarbles #26 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 47049 battles
  • [INDIG] INDIG

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 19 2019 - 09:18, said:

Sometime soon I hope. The Idea has been pitched when they announced NA only here in the office. 

"This is available for NA only." -Staff at WG delivering the news

"We should include Canada." -KRZYBoop

*KRZYBoop gets thrown out a window*

MM works better than ever so I am not sure what you are referring to. 

"Tried and True" Tanks tested in battle, helped win a war or two. Those are my interpretations for the saying. 

Working on more inclusive stuff in the future

this is the 2nd one that is not included the rest of your player Base on the NA server so very simple to fix this issue

Kajegamar #27 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 23:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 52403 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I bought the Bretagne and the shirt when it first came out and still have not been able to get my shirt.  I get an already fulfilled message when I click on the link y'all provided.  get a technical issue message when I try to start a ticket about it.  What is UP ?

NY_Prophet #28 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 15:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13049 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH
To hell with all the frosting!!!!!  FIX THE GAME!!!!

AbramsWannabe #29 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 13:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27122 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM
At no time was I able to select the color and size for the Tee. Maybe gaming programmers shouldn't pretend to be marketers? What a crappy Ux.

SlashBoom #30 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 19:34

Private

• Players
  • 20936 battles
  • [DOGZ2] DOGZ2

My recommendation?  Don't buy this bundle!

I ordered this ten days ago.  I never received the link to Amazon to select the color and size.  I raised a support ticket and we went back and forth for several days, they kept asking, "check your junk folder, other folders, etc" and never resolved it.  They finally gave me some in-game extras and said Amazon has been notified and called it resolved.  I only bought this for the shirt, not some stuff I care less about.

Since then I've watched for an email from Amazon about it ... after a week, nothing.  I will wait another week then I'll raise a dispute with my credit card company for not getting what I paid for.

Edited by SlashBoom, Jul 28 2019 - 19:35.

Bhutt_Potato #31 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 18:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6348 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
How long does it take to get the email so I can place the order on Amazon? I paid 29.99 last night and no email yet and I've monitored my spam folder very closely and no email there either.

Yellexin #32 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 10:05

Private

• Players
  • 22166 battles
  • [CORE] CORE

I paid for this package a couple of days after it came out, but I was not prompted about selection of a shirt size or color.  Who/where should I contact about getting the shirt I paid for?  Paid through PayPal.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Yellexin

Edited by Yellexin, Aug 07 2019 - 10:06.

Bhutt_Potato #33 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 18:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6348 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
I did not get prompted with "you can make your selections via Amazon at checkout", how can I make sure I get the right color and size?!?!??!

Bhutt_Potato #34 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 18:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6348 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
For others reading. Do not order until they fix how to pick the tshirt. You are not prompted to pick a color and size at the time of my order Aug 5th.

Bhutt_Potato #35 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 04:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6348 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

WG support ticket response proves their idiots. The support canned response take no account for my actual request stating that "I did not get prompted to pick my color and size. The promotion states, "you can make your selections via Amazon at checkout" and this did not occur. I need to be provided this option or I need to cancel the order because I ordered for the the tshirt and not really much else." and a follow up comment about "My transaction ID is XXXXXXXXXXXXX again, if you cannot ensure that I'll get the tshirt, i need to cancel the order and you need to refund my money."

SlashBoom #36 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 05:17

Private

• Players
  • 20936 battles
  • [DOGZ2] DOGZ2
Bhutt_Potato, I ordered July 18th and still no link to Amazon to select the shirt.  My only option seems to be to do a dispute.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users