Terrain Graphics Glitching

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ebonsilk #1 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 15:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31051 battles
Time to time the terrain graphics around and near the tank being played will 'drop' and then rebound.  By that I mean the topography of nearby terrain tiles will drop about one meter, creating a depression in the ground, then 'rebound' returning to normal appearance.  This does this on several maps but seems most prevalent on winter maps with uneven topography IE not paved areas.  Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ver. 1809, 16GB RAM, Intel I5 processor, Nvidia GTX 1070 graphics using latest drivers.

Insanefriend #2 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 15:10

Captain

• Players
  • 45838 battles
Sounds like the snow effect is causing problems, you notice this most with tank tracks in the snow.  As the tank drives along it pushes down the top layer which really isn't solid but looks solid.  It's more akin to grass on summer maps then a solid part of terrain.  You see the same effect in fields on summer maps with the dirt furrows.  You can disable it by turning off extra effects and track traces.  Game won't look as nice, but then you can see the real hit box of the ground terrain.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 15:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 18 2019 - 11:10, said:

Sounds like the snow effect is causing problems, you notice this most with tank tracks in the snow.  As the tank drives along it pushes down the top layer which really isn't solid but looks solid.  It's more akin to grass on summer maps then a solid part of terrain.  You see the same effect in fields on summer maps with the dirt furrows.  You can disable it by turning off extra effects and track traces.  Game won't look as nice, but then you can see the real hit box of the ground terrain.

I dont think thats what he is talking about. Ive seen the same thing, and it also happens in the garage. Although I also see it alot less in matches. Started happening after 1.0, so its most likely one of the issues they talk about with Havok.

pudgypug22 #4 Posted Sep 13 2019 - 04:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 3287 battles
  • [4RTY] 4RTY
My AMX EBR 105 would sink into the sand up to the turret on the Airfield Map. Drove through a cliff side to appear on the other flank, abound off cliff's & solid obsticles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users