Do Not Upgrade To macOS Catalina Including Public Beta

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

black_colt #1 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 16:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

While you might be tempted to check the upcoming features do not upgrade to macOS Catalina as it does not allow the wrappers for Game Center, World of Tanks, World of Warships to run as they still 32-bit.

Why is this important?

The native MS Windows app - World of Tanks - is a 32-bit app.  In order to run in a 64-bit OS you need to have a compatibility layer that provides a 32-bit environment.

Not sure how the Wine Team will accomplish this - especially if Apple excludes the ability to install 32-bit code.

Running MS Windows on your Apple-branded hardware is fairly easy to do - so we may need to do this if a solution is not found when macOS Catalina is released.

AndrewSledge #2 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 18:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35863 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
Hopefully there's a fix soon, because I don't have any copies of Windows lying around my house. I've been using Macs at home since 1994.

black_colt #3 Posted Jul 18 2019 - 22:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Jul 18 2019 - 09:42, said:

Hopefully there's a fix soon, because I don't have any copies of Windows lying around my house. I've been using Macs at home since 1994.

You do not need a Retail copy of MS Windows. 

Microsoft allows you to download an ISO of MS Windows which the Boot Camp Assistant will use to install MS Windows on your Apple-branded hardware.  Just remember to click on - No serial number - in the MS Windows setup when prompted after the restart.

You can then run MS Windows natively for, IIRC 30 days, without the prompts for activation appear.  If you like MS Windows then you can purchase an Activation Code [can be as low as USD 30 - look online for more information.

Just remember that MS Windows will not be the default boot OS after Boot Camp Assistant.  You can change that in [System Preferences ...][Startup Disk] permanently - OR - hold down [option] when booting and you will be presented with a list of available OSes to boot into. 

Fangsuei_17 #4 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 02:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6405 battles
  • [VEN0M] VEN0M

Bother. My previous computer failed and I got a new Mac and it runs Catalina.

black_colt #5 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 05:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 4163 battles

View PostFangsuei_17, on Jul 23 2019 - 17:49, said:

Bother. My previous computer failed and I got a new Mac and it runs Catalina.

macOS Catalina is NOT pre-installed on any currently shipping macOS hardware.  The latest shipping version of macOS is macOS Mojave [macOS 10.14.6].  Wargaming Game Center runs on macOS Mojave.

You would have consciously chosen to install macOS Catalina through either the Apple Developer or Apple Public Beta programs.  Both programs tell you that the OS is for testing only and is subject to change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users