What are you suppose to do?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

canwin #1 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 11:11

Private

• Players
  • 4278 battles
Your playing the game and one of your so called team mates thinks they will be cute and start pushing you out into the open. You turn around blow them away and of course, you are suspended. Does the scum bag that did the pushing get suspended? Just another reason this game sucks !

J3Tears #2 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 11:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4156 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
Ideally you are supposed to ignore them if can and relocate and after battle send in a support ticket with a replay for abusive of physics so they can be punished. 

WIZD #3 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 11:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
......but you don't really know if they got punished because WG doesn't provide any info other saying they took care it.

Ikanator #4 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 13:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10959 battles

Stay calm and realize that even if the SOB is mucking up this game for you, it is only one of many thousands of games that you will be playing. Your various different strategies are:

1) Simply ignore it as best you can.

2) Push back. I was in one game running a Ferdinand and somebody in an E25 thought they would be cute, get in front of me and try to "stop" me by pushing against me. Given that the Ferdinand outweighed the E25 by a considerable margin that didn't work. The E25 eventually gave up. Regardless, depending of the specifics of the situation you may be able to solve the problem just by pushing back, even if you don't have a humongous weight advantage in your favor.

3) Some people have suggested simply returning to the garage and getting one of your other vehicles to play.

Unfortunately human nature being what it is there is always going to be a small percentage of jerks who will try to ruin things for other people. I don't know of any real cure for that.

Mojo_Riesing #5 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 14:23

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
WG hopefully can put more human  time into evaluating the physics abuses if they, as planned, end Team Damage.  I'd agree having some kind of feedback loop to the player who reports an incident would show players that WG DOES care and does  take action.  It could easily be done.

ExploratorOne #6 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 15:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15612 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
As long as WG has to meet the privacy laws of numerous countries, I doubt whether they would release anything more than what they do now.  If you stop and think about it, they would love to be able to publish the results of disciplinary actions for many reasons.  Imagine that you were paying staff  and were using up precious processing cycles and bandwidth to address an issue, but you couldn't release the results - results that would satisfy a major portion of your lifeblood, the player base.

cavalry11 #7 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49371 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
I doubt if all the privacy laws in the world would apply here you give implied consent by playing game.

ExploratorOne #8 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 16:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15612 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View Postcavalry11, on Jul 20 2019 - 09:42, said:

I doubt if all the privacy laws in the world would apply here you give implied consent by playing game.

There are several countries where consent does not override the local laws.  It has been discussed before across various platforms.

Mojo_Riesing #9 Posted Jul 20 2019 - 17:30

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostExploratorOne, on Jul 20 2019 - 06:21, said:

As long as WG has to meet the privacy laws of numerous countries, I doubt whether they would release anything more than what they do now.  If you stop and think about it, they would love to be able to publish the results of disciplinary actions for many reasons.  Imagine that you were paying staff  and were using up precious processing cycles and bandwidth to address an issue, but you couldn't release the results - results that would satisfy a major portion of your lifeblood, the player base.

A good point, but Wargaming COULD simply say "A Disciplinary penalty was placed".  No details, no names.  Perhaps if drafted as an addendum to the TOS everyone has to agree to to play.  Prior consent.  That might work??   Point is, when folks hear nothing they assume nothing is done, and WG really needs to boost the confidence of players who want to play by the rules and expect those who do not are corrected. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users