suicide scouting and the recruitment process

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ilikegreen2 #1 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 06:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 18027 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
I am not a newcomer but I am doing the recruitment program. Anyone know if the scout medal is part of the medal mission? If so, is suicide scouting an easy way of getting it?

KatzeWolf #2 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 07:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles
Please don't suicide scout... Just play the game and get points by playing normally, you would get more points for winning.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles
The scout medal is stupid easy to get. I have it in heavy tanks... DONT SUISCOUT! You will only anger the team. The best way to get it is to learn deployment patterns, and how to spot it. Use http://wotguru.com/ to help with this.

MagillaGuerilla #4 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 25827 battles
Suicide scouting is useless since you die before your team mates can damage what you've spotted. The enemy goes dark, somebody else spots them for damage, and all you can do is watch them get the scout medal, if you're not already back in the garage.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 30239 battles

View Postilikegreen2, on Jul 21 2019 - 23:27, said:

I am not a newcomer but I am doing the recruitment program. Anyone know if the scout medal is part of the medal mission? If so, is suicide scouting an easy way of getting it?

If you think Suiscouting is going to help you do this, then you should probably rethink your overall game play paradigm.

Survive

Do Damage

Help Your Team

To get a Spotter or Patrol Duty Badge, you need to live long enough to make all that spotting work for your team.  Suiscouting is probably the quickest way back to the garage and you cannot garner more spotting damage if you are removed in the first minute or two of the game.  As an example, I have Patrol Duty badges for:

AT-2 (1)

M7 (3)

Leopard (1)

and it says I have 2 more, but I can't find the tanks in my list that earned them.  You cannot do this sort of spotting (Help your team damage at least 6 enemy vehicles by being the ONLY one spotting them when they are damaged) in a YOLO rush.  You might see 2 or 3 tanks damaged from a Suiscout IF those tanks are close enough for your team mates to even shoot them before they go dark after you die.

Suiscouting is NOT the answer to this situation.  Smart and Patient Scouting and Concealed Movement are going to be your key sources for these badges.  I would not call the AT-2 a scout vehicle, but sometimes, when caught in the right 'wrong' spot, it can hold a section of folks off while your team picks them off from crossfire they cannot escape once placed where they are.  And, if I had thought, "Well, ain't this great, 4v1 and I'm in an AT-2, this is a job for YOLO, I'm dead anyway," I would have been dead and I would NOT have gotten that badge and my team would NOT have won, because I would have literally thrown away my tank and it's position out of despair of success.

I always want:

One More Second

One More Shot Fired

One More Tank Killed

And I will play my best to get those as long as I can.  When things look hopeless, sometimes the best thing to do is focus on one target at a time as much as possible, avoid being a target as much as possible and lasting as long as possible.

If you get into a tight spot while scouting and can stay alive and avoid being too close, arty and longer range sniper units can help you get those badges, even if all you're doing is sitting behind the tower on the South West section of Fisherman's Bay and lighting the Red Team on the other side of it for Arty.  The longer you live, the more opportunity you have to spot more Red Team units for your team.

I hope I made myself clear.

OvO

SquishySupreme #6 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3379 battles
If you want to actually suicide scout, you need to do the following to be successful:

T: 0.1 sec "Warrrrrrrgg!"
T: 2.0 sec "Zoom!"
T: 8.0 sec "I see everyone - guys!"
T: 8.1 sec *HELP! I've been spotted*
T: 8.3 sec (crater)
T: 8.4 seconds "SPG in position, need targets - crap - he died - guess I have to take a blind shot at the last known position"
T: 9.0 seconds ( shell misses )

(Being sarcastic in case you missed it)

Just waiting 5-10 seconds to let your team get in position would make a huge impact.  As it is, you are -1 slot on the team as you accomplish nothing but get shot at.

Ikanator #7 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 08:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10908 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jul 22 2019 - 08:10, said:

If you think Suiscouting is going to help you do this, then you should probably rethink your overall game play paradigm.

Survive

Do Damage

Help Your Team

To get a Spotter or Patrol Duty Badge, you need to live long enough to make all that spotting work for your team.  Suiscouting is probably the quickest way back to the garage and you cannot garner more spotting damage if you are removed in the first minute or two of the game.  As an example, I have Patrol Duty badges for:

AT-2 (1)

M7 (3)

Leopard (1)

and it says I have 2 more, but I can't find the tanks in my list that earned them.  You cannot do this sort of spotting (Help your team damage at least 6 enemy vehicles by being the ONLY one spotting them when they are damaged) in a YOLO rush.  You might see 2 or 3 tanks damaged from a Suiscout IF those tanks are close enough for your team mates to even shoot them before they go dark after you die.

Suiscouting is NOT the answer to this situation.  Smart and Patient Scouting and Concealed Movement are going to be your key sources for these badges.  I would not call the AT-2 a scout vehicle, but sometimes, when caught in the right 'wrong' spot, it can hold a section of folks off while your team picks them off from crossfire they cannot escape once placed where they are.  And, if I had thought, "Well, ain't this great, 4v1 and I'm in an AT-2, this is a job for YOLO, I'm dead anyway," I would have been dead and I would NOT have gotten that badge and my team would NOT have won, because I would have literally thrown away my tank and it's position out of despair of success.

I always want:

One More Second

One More Shot Fired

One More Tank Killed

And I will play my best to get those as long as I can.  When things look hopeless, sometimes the best thing to do is focus on one target at a time as much as possible, avoid being a target as much as possible and lasting as long as possible.

If you get into a tight spot while scouting and can stay alive and avoid being too close, arty and longer range sniper units can help you get those badges, even if all you're doing is sitting behind the tower on the South West section of Fisherman's Bay and lighting the Red Team on the other side of it for Arty.  The longer you live, the more opportunity you have to spot more Red Team units for your team.

I hope I made myself clear.

OvO

What he said. I'm on my smartphone right now and can't check all my tanks, but I have a Patrol Duty medal for my T28 Prototype and a couple of my other TDs that I got through passive spotting. You don't have to suicide scout and you don't always have to run around like a headless chicken to be a good spotter. Clown cars may be something of an exception to that though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users