Nerf the OP tanks.

Nerf

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Utherkim #1 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 10:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 49079 battles

T95/Chieftain, Obj.907, Obj403U, Obj.260.  These tanks are too OP and ruining balance. 

There is no knowing why WG buffed them too much. 

And Why do you reward better tank to best players? it also ruins balance. 

you can reward gold or credit or other equipment/consumables instead.

KatzeWolf #2 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles
I would rather they nerfed the Obj.252U and IS-3A.

Edited by KatzeWolf, Jul 22 2019 - 11:09.

Atragon #3 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:15

Major

• Players
  • 43095 battles
It would be highly unfair to nerf the Obj-430U and not the others. Its also then getting to the point where tier 8 tanks should never see tier 10 games.

Edited by Atragon, Jul 22 2019 - 11:18.

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles

3 of those tanks are reward/ CW tanks. None are truly OP. They do do things better than other tanks, but that doesnt make them OP to me. What could make them OP is the fact that WG takes along time to bring older tanks up to speed. However, I dont think in the case of the reward/ CW tanks that they need to bring any tank up to those levels. They are only OP because the players owning them are on average alot better than your average player.

• T95/Chieftain - Almost completely invulnerable hull down. In ONE direction. To the front. Get to its side, and like all tanks, its quite easy to defeat. 
  • Obj.907 - Basically the best RU med. But its a jack of all trades. Does no one thing really well. But it does do most everything else better than the tech tree meds. Which is expected as a CW reward tank. If you want to defeat it, dont try to out DPM it. Its going to out DPM you. Instead wolf pack it, or use cover to even the odds.
  • Obj.260 - Basically a better 257/ IS-7. Since it will be driven on average by better players, engage it carefully, and use similar tactics to defeat it.
  • Obj403U - Only Tech Tree tank mentioned. And the most easiest to defeat. Its a medium with a longer than average reload, and poor gun handling. Wolf packing, or using cover will make this tank a easy one to defeat.

There are alot of other over performing tanks in the game. The best thing WG can do is to slightly nerf these tanks, and buff the under performing ones. 

Utherkim #5 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 49079 battles

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jul 22 2019 - 10:07, said:

I would rather they nerfed the Obj.252U and IS-3A.

Obj252u and IS-3A are all tier 8, and tier 9, 10 can get them out. but Top tier OP tanks are almost invinsible. no way to cut them off.

Utherkim #6 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 49079 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 22 2019 - 10:18, said:

3 of those tanks are reward/ CW tanks. None are truly OP. They do do things better than other tanks, but that doesnt make them OP to me. What could make them OP is the fact that WG takes along time to bring older tanks up to speed. However, I dont think in the case of the reward/ CW tanks that they need to bring any tank up to those levels. They are only OP because the players owning them are on average alot better than your average player.

• T95/Chieftain - Almost completely invulnerable hull down. In ONE direction. To the front. Get to its side, and like all tanks, its quite easy to defeat. 
  • Obj.907 - Basically the best RU med. But its a jack of all trades. Does no one thing really well. But it does do most everything else better than the tech tree meds. Which is expected as a CW reward tank. If you want to defeat it, dont try to out DPM it. Its going to out DPM you. Instead wolf pack it, or use cover to even the odds.
  • Obj.260 - Basically a better 257/ IS-7. Since it will be driven on average by better players, engage it carefully, and use similar tactics to defeat it.
  • Obj403U - Only Tech Tree tank mentioned. And the most easiest to defeat. Its a medium with a longer than average reload, and poor gun handling. Wolf packing, or using cover will make this tank a easy one to defeat.

There are alot of other over performing tanks in the game. The best thing WG can do is to slightly nerf these tanks, and buff the under performing ones. 

I don't agree on you. those tanks have more features than in any regular tree. 

The_Illusive_Man #7 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles

View PostUtherkim, on Jul 22 2019 - 07:25, said:

I don't agree on you. those tanks have more features than in any regular tree. 

Name those features. Because they dont have anything that normal tech tree tanks have.

CynicalDutchie #8 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 11:43

Major

• Players
  • 42984 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
260 OP? I should start playing it more then.

JakeTheMystic #9 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 12:38

Major

• Players
  • 24429 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

Chieftain - I personally don't like it, i'd rather be in a 260 or IS-7. The thing is basically impossible unless you kick your rng into maximum overdrive and pen the turret ring (I've done it once out of a few hundred shots). Other than that, it's dpm is average and its hull is weak. The problem is that it doesnt have a weak spot anywhere on the front of the turret so basically whatever team has the most chieftains will win depending on the map and where they choose to go. I watched a single chieftain carry field on ruinberg while the chieftain on my team sat in the corner and did 1 shot of damage. 

907 - its really just a decent all around medium, not really op or game breaking. In a 1v1, its better than a 140 and worse than a 430U.

430U - Its a poor medium, but a good hevium sort of thing. Too slow for flex but when its hull down or just at a distance, it can cause problems. It can out brawl other mediums at close range but its easy to take out if you hit the lower plate or simply get around them. Its really a 50/50 fight against a 907 and just comes down to RNG. Its nice to see a tech tree tank that can stand up to reward tanks. 

260 - Its honestly just a better 277/5A... A lot better. A lot more bouncy, a lot more accurate, its maybe a tiny bit slower but if you ram most things, they are going to take 300-500 damage. Its basically what the E50M wants to be, but isnt fast enough to be. I wouldnt say its OP, but it does overperform and whatever team has more of these when it comes to 260/277/5A, the 260 group will win like, 75% of the time if not more. 

Tanks I believe are OP:

262U/Defender - Everyone knows it, it really overperforms at tier 8. The gun is kinda meh but in a 1v1 brawl against any tank at tier 8, the defender would win 95% of the time only really being beat by the Caern AX (only when it comes down to a DPM fight as the AX can face hug a defender and pen, giving it the dpm advantage). At a distance, the defender would win.

IS-3A - 3 shots in a clip? This thing went from being basically the IS-5 to a russian powerhouse. The inverse-autoreloading thing is what breaks it. You dont have to fire your shots with care, as if you dump your clip you will have a longer reload (like the italian line). Instead, you are encouraged to just dump your clip since your last shell loads the fastest. In any fight you are basically 3 shots up right from the start assuming you pen every shot. How is that fair to a regular IS-3 or IS-5 (both of which are really similar) but the IS-3A simply gets a 2 shot head start. LIKE, SERIOUSLY?!

T-34-85M - undoubtedly the best all-around tier 6 in the game. It will beat a cromwell 99% of the time, its got really reliable armor for a tier 6 and its dpm is great. Just last night I held a flank against 5-6 enemy tanks (Arl 44, Pz IVH, Strv autoloader, Pz V/IV, and a couple other tier 5s that I dont remember). I got out of that with a little over 200 hp left and the enemy werent the worst stat wise, but they just sat there and bounced a ton of shots off of me since I was side-scraping (I know right? In a medium?!) I had somewhere around 1300 blocked at the end of that game. If that doesnt spell broken, then idk what does. 

Mauerbrecher - joking, that things trash

Amx 13 57 - untouched light that was already strong before, but now it doesnt have scout MM. Top tier games where you can clip heavy tanks down to 400hp or less, in a light?! Combine that with great camo and great view range and you have one of the deadliest passive scouts / late game tanks in the game. I mean come on, it has 7 shots in its clip with a sub-15 second reload. 

E-25 - I'm sad to admit it, but this thing is the most broken tier 7 in the game. Godlike camo paired with one of the fastest firing TD guns AND pref MM and you get a broken cockroach that just wont die. I 3-marked the thing eventually, it took me a little while to learn how to play it (once I cared to learn how to play specific tanks) and I can say with confidence that it doesnt matter what map you're on (except ensk, that maps just too small) the mobility paired with dpm make the thing a monster of nightmares. I dont see it around in pubs too much, but put one in the hands of someone who knows how to use it and they can basically single-handedly carry games. 

279e - It's hella hard to pen from the front and it caused havok in clan wars. Do you know how many times we had to say "Just drive past it and save it for last"? Far too many times. I can understand that for a Maus since it has so much HP to burn through. But you can't pen the front of a 279e without either the high enough angle to hit it flat (like a maus or type 5) or HEAT with high enough pen to just go straight through (I think the T57 was really the only viable tank that could reliably pen one). Reward tanks should be decent, sure. But they shouldnt be the first pick in the meta for clan wars or carry their entire team in pub games. The Type 5 used to be a great counter to these things, but not any more. 

Type 59G - iTs tOo sHiNy iT bLiNdEdEd tHe eNeMy

EBR 75 - It can basically out scout any other light, including the lynx. Its got 2 shots with insane HE pen that it can out brawl any light (except the 432 because russian bias). The shell velocity is so damn high that you can basically just auto aim and every shot will hit regardless of distance. (I dont like to call cheats often on players, but with tanks like this, cheating would get a whole lot easier.) Its not nearly as good in pubs, but it completely killed my motivation for frontlines. Regardless of what light I bring, I would always get beat in a 1v1 unless I get really lucky and actually pen them with HE (80% of the time they just dont). It should really only have 1 shell and lower the DPM so its more comparable to the Lynx instead of being like a go-kart juiced up on so much NOS that it can go straight to plaid (space balls reference hehe) 

Premiums have just been getting better and better. Tier 8 pubs is filled with premiums and its hard to actually grind lines when every other tank on the battle field is better than any tank you can get for free. It wouldn't be as bad if players could buy them for gold in game (gold they can earn from tournaments or clan wars). But no, you can only buy tanks like the defender with real money from the premium shop. If you want "free" tanks, you have to stick with the laughably bad ones from the tech tree (with a few exceptions). The game is getting more and more p2w that its honestly killing my enthusiasm to play anything. CWs used to be fun before all of the reward tanks (907s were fine, but with the addition of things like the chieftain and 260, things have gotten really stale). Pubs have been polluted with premiums, they removed ranked due to low server population, tournaments have been 50/50, sometimes crashing or being postponed (especially right after they brought them back), not to mention the rewards have been nerfed. The return of tank rewards might have been a good start, but you dont even get compensation for tanks you already own, so no free gold there. 

It's almost like WG is actively trying to kill the game because they don't actually listen to the players. I'm just surprised they havent brought in a battle-royal mode as a last resort to bring in some forkknife kiddies to boost the server population. 

Markd73 #10 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 32794 battles

View PostUtherkim, on Jul 22 2019 - 09:52, said:

T95/Chieftain, Obj.907, Obj403U, Obj.260.  These tanks are too OP and ruining balance. 

WG uses reward tanks to incent people to play certain aspects of the game like clan wars. Anyone can participate (ie start or join a clan) and compete for it.

If you want one then put in the time and effort to earn one.

MeMeBigBoi #11 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 13:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35761 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostUtherkim, on Jul 22 2019 - 03:52, said:

the chieftain is actually a really bad tank. Like you can only understand why it’s sucks if you play that tank itself, people just think it’s good because good players have it.

Plays_With_Matches #12 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 14:12

Major

• Players
  • 29696 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

What makes most of the reward tanks OP are who drive's them, which is typically the best players. For full disclosure I personally have the Obj430U and the Obj260. Both are great tanks but I honestly don't play them much. I also have a couple of "OP" tanks off of Jake's list above Amx13-57 and the E25. Both of which I like but the 13-57 is by far my favorite of the two as I like to describe it much like the "Luch of tier 7". 

As for the the list of reward tanks, my biggest issue is with the Chieftain and only because of the visual model. If you take a close look at the lower front plate in the model on tanks.gg you will see that the bottom half of the lower plate isn't what it seems. You end up shooting through into the floor that sloped to the back at 85 degrees which pretty much auto bounce for everything. It baits shots that would normally pen a conventional tank. The hull should be corrected to match the visual model or vise-versa.

https://tanks.gg/tank/t95fv4201/model?vm=hybrid

Silvers_ #13 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 48908 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Sounds like someone who doesn't have the said tanks and got owned by players in those tanks complaining about said tanks.

TheGame_ #14 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 15:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38066 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

"hurr durr, why do ppl that are good at the game get reward tanks???"

get out kid.

HeavyMetalSix #15 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54659 battles

View PostAtragon, on Jul 22 2019 - 10:15, said:

It would be highly unfair to nerf the Obj-430U and not the others. Its also then getting to the point where tier 8 tanks should never see tier 10 games.

It won't happen. It would be as if a million russian fan boys wailing at the same exact time.

HeavyMetalSix #16 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 15:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54659 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 22 2019 - 10:18, said:

poor gun handling?  #RUSSIANSNAP

the_dude_76 #17 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 16:14

Major

• Players
  • 33750 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 22 2019 - 04:18, said:

If it's expected that they'll all be better than TT tanks why are half of them basically obsolete?? 

leeuniverse #18 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 21:05

Major

• Players
  • 38623 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Block Quote

Nerf the OP tanks.

How about NO...

Instead BUFF all the CRAP TANKS...!!!

I don't know why you all like playing a **** game?

Further, most of the tanks you all think are "op" are frankly crap, and are only so-called "op" because everything else is just so much worse.

Defender sucks (pre-The Great Physics Nerf IS6 and 112 were better), IS-3A sucks, 430U is MEH, just too slow personally.  T34-85M etc. may do better than others, but it's crap compared to what it was Pre-The Great PHysics Nerf T34-85 was, thus crap for me, etc. etc.

The only REAL "op" tank in the game right now is the 297e....  The rest are just "up" or crap.

the_dude_76 #19 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 00:36

Major

• Players
  • 33750 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 22 2019 - 14:05, said:

, and are only so-called "op" because everything else is just so much worse.

Everything else is worse... Which is the exact definition of OP...

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 22 2019 - 14:05, said:

The only REAL "op" tank in the game right now is the 297e....  The rest are just "up" or crap.

So buff hundreds of tanks up to the level of one OR... Nerf one tank down to the level of the rest... Yeah, tough call... /sarc

Utherkim #20 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 49079 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Jul 22 2019 - 12:41, said:

WG uses reward tanks to incent people to play certain aspects of the game like clan wars. Anyone can participate (ie start or join a clan) and compete for it.

If you want one then put in the time and effort to earn one.

I am not posting this because I haven’t got it.

I’ve played much with various tech trees.

Just for balance.

Also tagged with Nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users