Finally, PVE in World of Tanks. About time.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

TboneOathKeeper #21 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 23:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29055 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

​GOD BLESS.......PVE.​  It's been maybe 8 to 10 letters to World of Tanks.  Forum posts , etc , etc . To Finally have this happen .  Thank God and Thank you World of Tanks.   I still think they can go further and start a Training Mode , like Random Battles or Frontline.  Hear me out first before you all go crazy.  Think of this....

​  First players would get to adjust computer Bots from very easy to Super Unicom.  Next , allow players to play alone or with friends.  Next , allow players to pick out the Tanks they will face.  Learning weak spots can sometimes be hard , T95/chief as example.  Yes I understand try to shoot it in the [edited].  But after 27K battles I have yet to see one from the Back.  Players who run those tanks are mostly Great players and the last thing there going to do is give you there butt.  As far as World of Tanks and Making money.  Charge the same price for Bullets , repairs , etc.  As far as Rewards for games in this mode would be a lot less due to less difficulty , But that's ok.  

​     I know I'm not the only person that just wants to blow stuff up and have fun.  Sometimes alone , sometimes with friends.  The key is to STOP the Bulling , raging in chat, and just the Toxic nature of Random battles.  Come on , your going to tell me going into a KV-2 against easy skilled Bots won't be fun.  World of Tanks , I make you this promise.  You give us this game mode , I will spend a Thousand Dollars into your company.  I believe we are all sick of the Toxic Bull crap that Random games have.  We Love our game and would want to make it better and giving customers options is always worth doing.  Yea, I see Unicom Crybabies screaming they don't want it.  But ask yourself this World of Tanks......  Who is paying the bills. Kids that don't spend a dime on your game or Customers willing to spend Thousands if you give them choices.  Sounds simple to me guys and girls.

​Thank you and GOD BLESS all my fellow Tankers.  

TBoneOathKeeper

CrazyChris48 #22 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 23:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 10587 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE
I liked the spooky pve that we had around halloween. I would like to see them bring it back this year.

BluntedBaboon #23 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 00:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23825 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2

Want to know something mind blowing?

Build PvP game, introduce PvE, kill PvP except for top PvP players.

Build PvE game, introduce PvP, kills PvE except for top PvE players.

If a company's intent is to build either category of game, they need to learn what actually makes their PvP, or PvE game entertaining and focus on that. Not worry about adding extra content, but finding and catering to that.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, Jul 23 2019 - 00:38.

jst2gr8 #24 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 00:51

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRichardNoggin_dy07, on Jul 22 2019 - 15:31, said:

... whispers... bring back" tank companies" with audio bug/intrusion fixes...  sprinkle in some skill based match making in random by using 2 groups, based on xvm wn8 scale... red/orange players to group 1    everyone else to group 2 ,  allow red/orange players to be brought into group 2 by platoon only, or just not at all, group 2 can drop down into group 1 if they want So you are giving the good players an option to still seal club? SBMM will never work!!!( who the hell would want to but ok). maybe make the sbmm selectable in settings for those who love lopsided teams with every battle a landslide.

WG has nothing to do with win8. That is a third party that does win8, so your fix already is a miss. SBMM will never work!!!! The que times would increase and kill the game because people aren't going to wait 4-5 minutes to be put in a battle because WG's system couldn't find 29 other players that are the same skill. 

jst2gr8 #25 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 00:55

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
As for the PvE, way to really ruin your game WG!!! Hopefully my premium time expires before they bring this stupidity into the game. On the good side I guess it will take a lot of the players that shouldn't be playing out of the randoms.

goldfinger_555 #26 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:20

Captain

• Players
  • 27696 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
PVE can't come soon enough. Bring it on WOT!

Copacetic #27 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47890 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
ya they don't totally ignore sissies

Rena_Dyne #28 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 9037 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostMarkd73, on Jul 22 2019 - 12:55, said:

PVE is what is killing armored warfare. It splits the user base and makes for stale gameplay.

IMHO

piss-poor PVP Balancing, hilariously broken tanks, numerous broken promises and piss poor design choices, and most importantly a complete lack of advertising are whats killing Armored Warfare, PVE is the only component keeping that game alive and specifically why they're focusing so hard on adding new PVE content and not  bothering with the PVP component.

Also for "Pve being the great PVP killer/game killer" it sure isn't hurting World of Warships to have TWO Fully fledged PVE modes, their non-tier locked "Training" random battles you can do, and their tier specific "Skirmishes" that you can do.

leeuniverse #29 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 39804 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostMarkd73, on Jul 22 2019 - 13:55, said:

PVE is what is killing armored warfare. It splits the user base and makes for stale gameplay.

IMHO

Yes and No...

1. Yes in that people would use PVE to grind their tanks faster and without the grief, and to feel good playing the game by doing good due to playing that mode.

So, I would recommend that XP (aka Grinding) not be able to be done when playing PVE mode in order to not kill PVP.  (or at least make it like 1/5th of the speed.)

2. No in that people simply didn't want to play PVP in that game because it was STILL too much like WOT.

The game STILL had the "Quick Death" the most hated aspect of these games due to:

• far too low HP
  • Armor Values still weren't right, either too much with a couple of tanks at namely T10 or too little for most Armored of the game.  They also didn't do the armor values so you could "side scrape".  They, of course, didn't listen to me how to make the Armored just right with my detailed post on the subject.
  • What was it, the Major 2.0 Update?  The first iteration of that update on the test server they massively nerfed tank speeds to either WOT levels or worse.  While they did reverse "most" of those nerfs, they still nerfed greatly the speeds of many tanks, but especially Armored.  They also nerfed how Auto-loading style guns worked and Missles (while I could understand lowering some of the pen of the auto-loaders, they didn't leave ANY weakspots to use them with, and the accuracy nerfs were just stupid, and missiles they made them retarded and also so you couldn't use them while your auto-loader was reloading).  These 3 changes, entirely ruined the FUN of the game, and what few were left were gone after that, namely me.
  • They didn't know how to do the MM in order to get PVP and GLOPS games for people when there were less people to play, even though I made a detailed post how they could do it.  But, because of this, people also left because they simply couldn't get PVP and GLOPS games.
  • SBMM...  They did it by "Winrate" instead of Player Rating.  Winrate is the worst way to do SBMM, because Winrate can vary widely depending on many factors, types of tanks most played, etc. etc., and of course you simply balance each side by the similar number of same skilled players.  I can't remember if they did the last part, I started playing after they had removed SBMM.  Of course, they never implemented a Player Rating version to see who that would have been better.
  • Arty while greatly improved, still had some issues, which I again created a detailed post on how to fix, but they didn't listen and ultimately removed arty, even though the vast majority were fine with it in that game, unlike WOT.

​Did I forget anything?

GouIdy #30 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 01:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20253 battles

View Postraymee101, on Jul 22 2019 - 17:48, said:

isnt wot the 5th or 6th most played game on the planet though?  I mean how is that dead?  

Yes & as soon as they implement a full time PVE mode all the tools & windowlickers will be happy playing it essentially making the PVP player base too small.

The game will then die due to the small player base not being able to support a full PVP matchmaker. Then they will probably do something stupid like put bots in

randoms & kill the game instantly. Ever hear of WOWP?

Edited by GouIdy, Jul 23 2019 - 01:57.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #31 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 02:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8658 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I've only played two PVE modes before, the monster tanks, and Dark Runners, i'm interested what they'll be like this time.

enjineer #32 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 02:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46263 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
You know you're a trash player when you're actually looking forward to a game adding bots.

leeuniverse #33 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 39804 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postenjineer, on Jul 22 2019 - 18:16, said:

You know you're a trash player when you're actually looking forward to a game adding bots.

That's not true at all...

You could also just be someone that still wants to play tanks, but wants a break from PVP, or maybe to grind your tanks without grief, or who knows.

PVE can also be used to "hone ones skills" before joining PVP.  That might actually be a good thing you know, so PVP doesn't have so many BAD players, especially if the same maps are used, which would be important.

I'm not exactly "bad" (in the 1% or 5%) and I enjoyed PVE in AW when it was fun.  So, I would say you speak falsely, and your statement is frankly a form of being abusive to others.

Omega_Weapon #34 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 02:59

Major

• Players
  • 53288 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
I think PVE is a great way to get historical battles back into the game. There is not a lot of real information yet but I'm tentatively looking forward to this. It makes sense to try it out as short term events for now and see how much it actually hurts the PVP population. If the PVP side is still healthy then make the PVE game mode a permanent addition. The quality of gameplay in PVP games can only improve if the casual pew pew pew players are filtered out into the easier PVE mode. Just ensure the credit and XP rewards are reduced to reflect the relative difficulty level.

jst2gr8 #35 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 03:05

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 22 2019 - 18:21, said:

That's not true at all...

You could also just be someone that still wants to play tanks, but wants a break from PVP, or maybe to grind your tanks without grief, or who knows.

PVE can also be used to "hone ones skills" before joining PVP.  That might actually be a good thing you know, so PVP doesn't have so many BAD players, especially if the same maps are used, which would be important.

I'm not exactly "bad" (in the 1% or 5%) and I enjoyed PVE in AW when it was fun.  So, I would say you speak falsely, and your statement is frankly a form of being abusive to others.

Do you think WG will make it easier to grind exp and crew or just make it PvE without the benefits? Maybe just let players get credits and that's about it? I am trying to figure out how this will help the game and I don't see anything good coming out of it. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts?

stalkervision #36 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 69400 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jul 22 2019 - 15:44, said:

I wonder how that would turn out.  Maybe better than the last time they had Historical Battles.

can't be worse. Everyone picked the Tiger but few the t34.

stalkervision #37 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 69400 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 22 2019 - 21:05, said:

Do you think WG will make it easier to grind exp and crew or just make it PvE without the benefits? Maybe just let players get credits and that's about it? I am trying to figure out how this will help the game and I don't see anything good coming out of it. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts?

We will get tokens ! :(

stalkervision #38 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 04:34

Major

• Players
  • 69400 battles

View Posteastcoastlobster, on Jul 22 2019 - 16:58, said:

I will use the PVE to basically learn how to play Arty. I have the LeafBlower I got last Xmess and never played a Battle with it. Now I can learn it and use it for my Tank Missions if it allows. 

It isn't as good as people think. The m44 and the German panther arty are. The m44 is far too good in fact. With a semi qualified crew you could skeet shot with it !

n4cer67 #39 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 05:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17719 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jul 22 2019 - 16:26, said:

There is nothing to learn. Press shift and left click away. 

That being said I hope they don't allow arty in this game mode, what a way to gimp your team by being 1 tank down from the start.

So in other words he would play it like all the other tanks.

They should let all the classes play. Arty doesn't put the team down 1 tank at the start.

leeuniverse #40 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 09:28

Major

• Players
  • 39804 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 22 2019 - 19:05, said:

In order to prevent PVP from being destroyed, they would still want PVE be attractive to play, thus to get XP, but I think to prevent PVP destruction they should REDUCE PVE XP gains to like 1/5th of what you would get playing PVP.

They could maybe adjust Awards in other ways to further make both PVE and PVP attractive.

That was one of the flaws of AW's PVE, other than the bad aspects that still existed with AW's PVP that were still like WOT that kept people from playing it, people used PVE to grind their tanks, which kept people away from playing PVP.

So, to ensure PVP stays healthy, one of the methods will need to be to greatly reduce the "benefits" gained playing PVE.  PVE should be more about just wanting to tank some without the stress.  But you HAVE to go back to PVP to get your benefits and progress that people also desire when playing a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users