Finally, PVE in World of Tanks. About time.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

enjineer #41 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 15:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46263 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 22 2019 - 20:21, said:

That's not true at all...

You could also just be someone that still wants to play tanks, but wants a break from PVP, or maybe to grind your tanks without grief, or who knows.

PVE can also be used to "hone ones skills" before joining PVP.  That might actually be a good thing you know, so PVP doesn't have so many BAD players, especially if the same maps are used, which would be important.

I'm not exactly "bad" (in the 1% or 5%) and I enjoyed PVE in AW when it was fun.  So, I would say you speak falsely, and your statement is frankly a form of being abusive to others.

Let me rephrase that.  Players with 10k+ battles actually looking forward to PVE.  Problem we run into if a full PVE mode is introduced is the fact that there are far more bad players than even average players who will likely play this mode exclusively leaving a very small pool of players for normal PVP.  Compound that with the added simplicity of grinding tanks faster than the can now and you end up with even more bad players at the upper tiers faster than you have now.  In short, PVE will kill the NA server.

Markd73 #42 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 23 2019 - 00:50, said:

Yes and No...

1. Yes in that people would use PVE to grind their tanks faster and without the grief, and to feel good playing the game by doing good due to playing that mode.

So, I would recommend that XP (aka Grinding) not be able to be done when playing PVE mode in order to not kill PVP.  (or at least make it like 1/5th of the speed.)

2. No in that people simply didn't want to play PVP in that game because it was STILL too much like WOT.

The game STILL had the "Quick Death" the most hated aspect of these games due to:

• far too low HP
  • Armor Values still weren't right, either too much with a couple of tanks at namely T10 or too little for most Armored of the game.  They also didn't do the armor values so you could "side scrape".  They, of course, didn't listen to me how to make the Armored just right with my detailed post on the subject.
  • What was it, the Major 2.0 Update?  The first iteration of that update on the test server they massively nerfed tank speeds to either WOT levels or worse.  While they did reverse "most" of those nerfs, they still nerfed greatly the speeds of many tanks, but especially Armored.  They also nerfed how Auto-loading style guns worked and Missles (while I could understand lowering some of the pen of the auto-loaders, they didn't leave ANY weakspots to use them with, and the accuracy nerfs were just stupid, and missiles they made them retarded and also so you couldn't use them while your auto-loader was reloading).  These 3 changes, entirely ruined the FUN of the game, and what few were left were gone after that, namely me.
  • They didn't know how to do the MM in order to get PVP and GLOPS games for people when there were less people to play, even though I made a detailed post how they could do it.  But, because of this, people also left because they simply couldn't get PVP and GLOPS games.
  • SBMM...  They did it by "Winrate" instead of Player Rating.  Winrate is the worst way to do SBMM, because Winrate can vary widely depending on many factors, types of tanks most played, etc. etc., and of course you simply balance each side by the similar number of same skilled players.  I can't remember if they did the last part, I started playing after they had removed SBMM.  Of course, they never implemented a Player Rating version to see who that would have been better.
  • Arty while greatly improved, still had some issues, which I again created a detailed post on how to fix, but they didn't listen and ultimately removed arty, even though the vast majority were fine with it in that game, unlike WOT.

​Did I forget anything?

Excellent response. +1

leeuniverse #43 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 39804 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postenjineer, on Jul 23 2019 - 07:02, said:

Let me rephrase that.  Players with 10k+ battles actually looking forward to PVE.  Problem we run into if a full PVE mode is introduced is the fact that there are far more bad players than even average players who will likely play this mode exclusively leaving a very small pool of players for normal PVP.  Compound that with the added simplicity of grinding tanks faster than the can now and you end up with even more bad players at the upper tiers faster than you have now.  In short, PVE will kill the NA server.

That's the thing...  To not kill PVP, they would simply make it so you don't get much in the way of Rewards but especially XP.

If people want to grind within any sort of sanity, they will HAVE to play PVP.  PVE XP gains in my system would be low.

So, PVE can most certainly be added without killing PVP.

Note also, that my improving the game includes many other things that will keep players again, fixing/greating reducing the common complaints.

So, if Wargaming doesn't fix the other problems per mostly how I've indicated elsewhere, the game may continue to suffer PVE or not.

Mojo_Riesing #44 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 00:37

Captain

• Players
  • 20238 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 23 2019 - 00:28, said:

In order to prevent PVP from being destroyed, they would still want PVE be attractive to play, thus to get XP, but I think to prevent PVP destruction they should REDUCE PVE XP gains to like 1/5th of what you would get playing PVP.

They could maybe adjust Awards in other ways to further make both PVE and PVP attractive.

That was one of the flaws of AW's PVE, other than the bad aspects that still existed with AW's PVP that were still like WOT that kept people from playing it, people used PVE to grind their tanks, which kept people away from playing PVP.

So, to ensure PVP stays healthy, one of the methods will need to be to greatly reduce the "benefits" gained playing PVE.  PVE should be more about just wanting to tank some without the stress.  But you HAVE to go back to PVP to get your benefits and progress that people also desire when playing a game.

I do get the idea that some things should distinguish PvE play from PvP, especially the actual "team" modes (non-Random) but i think your idea of reducing exp to 1/5 just isn't workable. First off it assumes that folks might move to PvP for the XP, P, and not for getting away from Random play. I"m guessing here Random play is  the mainstay so saving it..save PvP and WoT presumably.  I don't care what part of Random play we want to say is "bad", we have plenty of options there and you can read about them all over these forums.  There is no real reason to limit XP gain THAT much...my guess is if your goal is to "save" PvP...you'd need to look elsewhere.

Rena_Dyne #45 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 9037 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 23 2019 - 13:30, said:

That's the thing...  To not kill PVP, they would simply make it so you don't get much in the way of Rewards but especially XP.

If people want to grind within any sort of sanity, they will HAVE to play PVP.  PVE XP gains in my system would be low.

So, PVE can most certainly be added without killing PVP.

Note also, that my improving the game includes many other things that will keep players again, fixing/greating reducing the common complaints.

So, if Wargaming doesn't fix the other problems per mostly how I've indicated elsewhere, the game may continue to suffer PVE or not.

Run it just like World of Warships, PVE mode  {Non Scenarios} makes something like 10% the credits & XP, personally I think it should only be the XP, but the dedicated PVE'ers will still play PVE even with the low XP rates, which is absolutely fine.

Copacetic #46 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 01:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47891 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

reminds me of trammel

result will probably be the same

o_0

Edited by Copacetic, Jul 24 2019 - 01:48.

leeuniverse #47 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 39804 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostRena_Dyne, on Jul 23 2019 - 17:05, said:

Run it just like World of Warships, PVE mode  {Non Scenarios} makes something like 10% the credits & XP, personally I think it should only be the XP, but the dedicated PVE'ers will still play PVE even with the low XP rates, which is absolutely fine.

Ya, likely fine...  PVE won't kill PVP if done properly.

And PVP will especially be attractive if all the problems are finally fixed/greatly reduced that people complain about, which I resolve.

Like me, I actually wanted to play AW's PVP, but it was still too much like WOT's PVP problems, so I just mostly played PVE until GLOPS came out, then I loved that mode until we weren't able to play it anymore due to the loss of population and AW not fixing the MM which would have resolved the problem.

So, if WOT actually addresses the problems how I know they can be fixed, even more so... more players would want to play PVP instead of running to PVE to have an enjoyable game all skill levels of players feeling like they are having an enjoyable game and accomplishing something.  These are why I fix the problems with HP, Arty, and so much more, we WANT people playing PVP to make a more healthy and enjoyable game.  The current thinking of Wargaming and the Fanboys which poo poo my ideas, are only making the game die.

So, how's that all working for us???  Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.... nerf nerf nerf, expecting better. etc.

Hellsfog #48 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles

View Postenjineer, on Jul 22 2019 - 20:16, said:

You know you're a trash player when you're actually looking forward to a game adding bots.

You're right. 

GeorgePreddy #49 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 03:05

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

PvE lovers... don't get too excited, this is just a time-limited Event, not a new mode.

stalkervision #50 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 69400 battles
Well we always have you to wack a mole. :teethhappy:

Akrotiri #51 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 23:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11421 battles

View PostCopacetic, on Jul 23 2019 - 19:47, said:

reminds me of trammel

result will probably be the same

o_0

Well . . . actually, online subscription in UO went up after they came up with Trammel and Felucca.  I guess more people preferred not being attacked at will by other players.

jst2gr8 #52 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
I did hear that it is only a special event. Like the Halloween event. So we may not have to worry too much about it. 

Copacetic #53 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 14:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47891 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostAkrotiri, on Jul 25 2019 - 23:26, said:

Well . . . actually, online subscription in UO went up after they came up with Trammel and Felucca.  I guess more people preferred not being attacked at will by other players.

Sissies

SawUcomin #54 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 16:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

They continually and methodically ruin pub one update after another and now this is their solution?

The pig she flies as if this is going to solve their downward pop stats trend!

Markd73 #55 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 24 2019 - 01:29, said:

Ya, likely fine...  PVE won't kill PVP if done properly.

And PVP will especially be attractive if all the problems are finally fixed/greatly reduced that people complain about, which I resolve.

Like me, I actually wanted to play AW's PVP, but it was still too much like WOT's PVP problems, so I just mostly played PVE until GLOPS came out, then I loved that mode until we weren't able to play it anymore due to the loss of population and AW not fixing the MM which would have resolved the problem.

So, if WOT actually addresses the problems how I know they can be fixed, even more so... more players would want to play PVP instead of running to PVE to have an enjoyable game all skill levels of players feeling like they are having an enjoyable game and accomplishing something.  These are why I fix the problems with HP, Arty, and so much more, we WANT people playing PVP to make a more healthy and enjoyable game.  The current thinking of Wargaming and the Fanboys which poo poo my ideas, are only making the game die.

So, how's that all working for us???  Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.... nerf nerf nerf, expecting better. etc.

That is the real challenge. WG has a very long history of screwing things up in the pursuit of short term profit taking at the expense of gameplay.

Rampage

Fart Gas

Current Homefront

Turning FL into a grindfest (it was good the first few times)

OP premium power creep

etc

WG created an amazing PVP tank game back in the day, but has consistently focused on short term greed for years.

A shame really.

the_Deadly_Bulb #56 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 28074 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Jul 22 2019 - 12:24, said:

Not to worry, they won't do it right. It'll be a week long bug filled event that we probably won't see again for another year, with the same map over again.

A prophet!

Got any stock tips?

jst2gr8 #57 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 04:22

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
After actually trying this beyond stupid mode I think that WG is reaching for ideas. What a waste of time. They put no thought into it. WOW, you get to try for improved equipment. Oh joy!! 

Mojo_Riesing #58 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 13:02

Captain

• Players
  • 20238 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 26 2019 - 19:22, said:

After actually trying this beyond stupid mode I think that WG is reaching for ideas. What a waste of time. They put no thought into it. WOW, you get to try for improved equipment. Oh joy!! 

So..you were critiquing the mode...BEFORE you even played it?  Oh, an now you're "convinced" is that it?

I'm one of those players who...does not always play for the "rewards" be they equipment or special tanks or whatever.  I'm playing for the fun of it.   Homefront while it seems flawed is perhaps a glimpse into the future for WoT which will likely include a PvE element.   If that has an adverse impact on the PvP environment...i'd suggest you look to why the PvP mode isn't working as well for everyone.

Dude64 #59 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 14:29

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 34586 battles
  • [K-E] K-E
Home front battle mode...  Not liking the OVER match here. I think you need to rethink this game-play.  I don't like the fact you can't restore the health of your tank when you pick up ammo, like in Front Line.  The bomber waves are just crazy, a full health tank gets totally destroyed in seconds.  All the waves of 2 tier higher tanks! And, a team of 5 against waves of 8 or more! Might as well just say "... Home Front, if you like to play tanks and not win or care."   SMDH

jst2gr8 #60 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 14:42

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jul 27 2019 - 05:02, said:

So..you were critiquing the mode...BEFORE you even played it?  Oh, an now you're "convinced" is that it?

I'm one of those players who...does not always play for the "rewards" be they equipment or special tanks or whatever.  I'm playing for the fun of it.   Homefront while it seems flawed is perhaps a glimpse into the future for WoT which will likely include a PvE element.   If that has an adverse impact on the PvP environment...i'd suggest you look to why the PvP mode isn't working as well for everyone.

And that is the typical response of a bad player. Someone that doesn't get the game at all, has no clue what the purpose of the tanks are and could care less what the rewards are. If you do not play to win in an online game it reflects on how you don't work to win in real life. Guess we all know more about you than you thought. 

And yes, I was and did critique the mode before I even played it and stand by what I said. The mode is a waste of time. Worst mode WG has ever brought to the game. 

They, WG, have had multiple PvE events. This isn't their first one and won't be their last. But they will only be events. I am sure they have seen how bringing the PvE has ruined AW and they don't want that happening to WOT. 

So you have talked to the whole WOT community and every one of them say the PvP is working well? I would love to see the records of that. More are happy with it. The below average players are the ones that are whining and crying while balled up on the floor. If you took the time to learn more about the game you wouldn't fail at it like you are failing at trying to insult me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users