Finally, PVE in World of Tanks. About time.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #61 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 17:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostDude64, on Jul 27 2019 - 07:29, said:

Home front battle mode...  Not liking the OVER match here. I think you need to rethink this game-play.  I don't like the fact you can't restore the health of your tank when you pick up ammo, like in Front Line.  The bomber waves are just crazy, a full health tank gets totally destroyed in seconds.  All the waves of 2 tier higher tanks! And, a team of 5 against waves of 8 or more! Might as well just say "... Home Front, if you like to play tanks and not win or care."   SMDH

Wow, you must have been upset.  You smacked the Desk with your Head, but the way you said it, it would be like, I Smacked My Desk on my Head.  And I just got this image of you picking your desk up, watching all the stuff on it slip off and slide to the floor as you lifted it up over your head and WHAM!  Little birdies and stars spinning afterwards. :D

And it made me laugh, so I thought I'd 'toss' that in there.

On a more serious note:

I played this mode and was pretty much not disappointed in the sense that my initial before playing projections were pretty dead on.

I figured this would be more like an advanced version of Enter Boot Camp and that is pretty much as nice as I can state it without losing accuracy or being accused of slighting the mode.

I play on a potato laptop and have rural wireless internet.  So my connection is poor most times to lousy and beyond the rest of the time.  This mode, like Enter Boot Camp, would be something I'd play repeatedly ONLY if my connection were bad enough that playing against people would be laughably stupid.  It would be, with my connection on some days, like a diabetic ninety pound weakling that requires crutch braces to walk stepping into a professional MMA ring to challenge all comers.  When my connection is like that and I gotta get my tanking 'fix' a mode such as this would be something I'd do until I got it out of my system or my connection went in either of two more directions from there.

The first issue:  Fuel Tanks

This was the single DUMBEST idea I have yet seen for a demonstration Event modeEver.  You put out an event and then GIMP it into near Oblivion by limiting how often folks can play it.

Of course, I get it.  The whole, "Buy your way to the top," so you can get to stage II or III without breaking a sweat was just as much a part of this event's 'experimental' nature as any other part of it.  You were using this to find out how many people would actually Pony Up Gold/Cash to avoid playing the event as designed and skip ahead to the final chapter without doing more than spending.  I mean, if that is a large enough chunk of the Demo Player Beta Testers, then maybe more effort and time into a permanent PvE mode might be worthwhile.

But the Fuel Tanks!??!  How does IMMEDIATELY kicking your Event in the Face with Fuel Tanks help this mode?  There's this virtual 'guy' at the front of the gate to the game mode and he says, "Sorry, boys.  Cost ya a Fuel Tank ta play." 

We, the Players, look around and think, "Well, I only have the two right now."

And the guy at the gate says, "Aye, that's fine, lads.  I'll be taking one of them now, if you don't mind.  Move along, now, there's people waiting!"

By using these cinder blocks to progression known as Fuel Tanks, the mode starts out in such a MISERLY MANNER that this tactic is the single largest issue with this mode in the first place.  It's like making Disney World and then saying, "Sorry kids, you can only ride two rides, then get the hell out of here already!"  And then when the kids get on the ride, they realize that the guy taking tickets was Krusty the Clown and the guy running that broken down, busted up hoopdee of a ride was Sideshow Bob and this isn't Disney World.  Oh no, it's more like, "Uncle Dale's Used Carnival Ride Emporium" and you just took a ride on something that should have been condemned instead of being run here.

Next Issue: Collective Level Teams

Thanks, WG, for providing us with the ability to be sandbagged by those folks that paid to avoid playing the mode like most others.  If you play as a level I unit/player in a platoon of five and there is one or two level II players, you're going to be pitted up against more tanks and more waves with less HP and Pen than your up Level peers.  This means they will AUTOMATICALLY, no matter how well you do, get more points in the round, making it hard -- and even harder than normal -- for you to progress.

This, combined with the In-Your-Face "Pay Me Gold" to play Fuel Tanked Environment,  places any player who plays a level I unit at an extreme disadvantage as compared to what I believe would be the design intent of having levels in the first place.  Each level should ONLY be playing with others of the same level so that the challenge is predicated on a 'level playing field' of your peers in the game -- all of you with an exactly EQUAL chance to do well or poorly amongst others with the same limits and advantages you have other than individual skill and a bit of luck.

With the mixed levels, this is simply not the case.  The vehicles you have at Level I compared to the vehicles had at levels II and III make the idea of surviving very long, even against BOTs (and if you are lowest level, more bots and more times than you are due at your level, so the challenge just went up by an order of magnitude in terms of success potential for you) in such a situation.

Just these two issues alone would -- or should -- be enough for Siskel and Ebert to give it Two Thumbs Down (the basis of our upvote/downvote system online today) in their critique of the Event for us watching at home.

Next to Last Issue:  Bombs/Arty/Strafing from both sides:

Enemy (BOT) Attacks are not clearly marked and are SO DAMN BIG, not to mention plenty of them overlap, that you simply can't, no way, no how, no chance in hell, of you escaping that barrage, no matter how fast you react.  If you are in that circle or set of overlapping circles, you are GOING TO DIE and that simply defeats the whole, being swarmed thing, because that's not a swarm, that's an additional stopper placed into the bottle of enjoyment.

I don't mind the other side having the ability to do what we get to do to them, but holy cow, again we are talking serious orders of magnitude of difference between what the BOTs get and what the Players get.  It's like giving them a cannon and we get that cool toy gun that pops out a cork on a string that makes a loud popping sound compared to what they get.

I get it, the BOTs are supposed to have the advantages.  More of them.  Stronger on the whole.  Wave after wave of them.  Their Indirect Fire?  Holy Cow, that's ridiculously over the top in power terms.  As to marking the areas on the map, it was almost impossible to see the entire circle or the edges of it if you were in the center of that circle.  We'd say in most other situations that this is not a good warning property.  Those circles need to be displayed on the mini map if they're going to be that big so we can see which way to the nearest edge.  And when you do that, it would be nice to see a clear marking between overlapping circles as well.

Team *(human) Indirect Fire is just puny and ridiculous, plus it's on a timer, we don't get to throw out a general barrage that covers half the damn map.  We get a tiny little circle that, as an SPG player, I'd be happy to have.  As an Indirect Fire mode to be used as a sort of "emergency brake" to the BOT advance, that circle just manages to be big enough to cover ONE tank and not much more.  That doesn't seem to be very much firepower, even if all five team mates used theirs as a group in a coordinated manner.

But wait!  There's MORE!  The circle and aiming is done from such a high level, but not an overhead view, that aiming is tricky, because you can barely see your ring down there -- I mean, WAAAAAYYYY down there from your view.  I tried zooming in and that didn't work.  I tried the WASD keys and they were so sensitive and gimpy that they swerved me all over the place, while time is burning -- AND I STILL couldn't manage to get them closer to the ground to see my aiming better!

Did I tell you about the big let down when that Indirect Whomp LANDED?  Oh, yeah.  It was seriously underwhelming.  It was like a Tiger or Panther being hit by a Sturmpanzer or one of those  SU-5s (that's a T4 SPG hitting a T7 unit) and this was supposed to be our Big Stick in the fight?  Come on, can you tell your player base, "Screw you," any louder with such a disparity, even owing for the fact that you're fighting BOTs?  I'd think of a couple of things that might be worse, but you'd have to be really overtly rude to suggest them.

Epic Fail on this matter.

Last Issue (worth mentioning) : Map Selection/Grooming

The Map Choices themselves showed promise, so far that I have seen.  And then you chopped them up in such a way as to provide little to any real cover or concealment, though there are a few places on each map with decent potential, except on Prokharovka where there is virtually no cover of any kind beyond a couple dead tanks a few rocks big enough to angle behind and the concealment is nearly non-existent.

This literally turns every game into something of a brawling slugfest with no real options for using decent coordination between team mates other than trying to stay alive, avoid getting shot at while taking potshots at your opponents.  And THAT wouldn't be so bad IF: the other points above weren't already so problematic to an enjoyable experience as it was.  As it is, this last thing, Bad Map Grooming/Selection removes any last vestige of playing this as anything other than a group King of the Hill Swarm Battle where YOU are REQUIRED, in order to win, to invest in pretty much only brawling tactics.  I guess that's not too awful considering the tanks you get, but I do recall seeing a couple up level TDs tooling around and they're not really what I would call the 'brawling' types.

All in all, I did not expect a lot from the event.  I did not expect, however to see such glaringly AWFUL issues all bundled together in a mode that was supposed to be a "come check this shizzle out, you gonna love it" sort of thing.  It isn't.

I am not prone to great hyperbole, as anyone who suffers through my missives will know.  I spent all my time above being extremely critical of the things I think made the Event WORSE, not better.  In order to offset things, please allow me to add what little I found in this that I thought was positive.

THE POSITIVE;

I thought the map choices showed promise.  The subsequent 'grooming' of the presented areas, however, totally ruined any potential positive impact some of these map choices might have made.  So in this instance, a positive was overwhelmed by a glaring negative.  Sorry, WG, this was an overall fail on maps.

I thought the waves of attackers concepts and the use of the AI that was more like the Dark Runner BOTs (they were definitely smarter and more aggressive in the Dark Matter event than in this one for the most part) was a good idea, though the scaling and difficulty sliders should have been tied to:

a) What Level you were Playing

b) Which wave you were fighting in the swarm.

Which they did not appear to be.  Then again, it was hard to tell, because I played NO MATCHES so far that had folks all in the same level of play.  Again, a potential positive of this event was overwhelmed by the glaring negatives that are directly tied to this process such that it again ruined any positive moments I could use to praise this event.

And that pretty much, from my perspective, was it.  There just wasn't enough going for it to remotely recommend you play it with any level of expectations or intent other than as a break from getting your butt handed you by real people, now you can enter into this fray and, ultimately, get clobbered as often as not by Fake Tankers instead of Human Tankers.

As the scene in the Matrix: Reloaded portrays:

Merovingian:    That?  That means nothing.  It was just a game.

Persephone:  So is this, my love.  Have fun.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Mojo_Riesing #62 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 19:49

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 27 2019 - 05:42, said:

And that is the typical response of a bad player. Someone that doesn't get the game at all, has no clue what the purpose of the tanks are and could care less what the rewards are. If you do not play to win in an online game it reflects on how you don't work to win in real life. Guess we all know more about you than you thought. 

And yes, I was and did critique the mode before I even played it and stand by what I said. The mode is a waste of time. Worst mode WG has ever brought to the game. 

They, WG, have had multiple PvE events. This isn't their first one and won't be their last. But they will only be events. I am sure they have seen how bringing the PvE has ruined AW and they don't want that happening to WOT. 

So you have talked to the whole WOT community and every one of them say the PvP is working well? I would love to see the records of that. More are happy with it. The below average players are the ones that are whining and crying while balled up on the floor. If you took the time to learn more about the game you wouldn't fail at it like you are failing at trying to insult me.

So typical, first thing you do is look at stats, then make a WHOLE lot of assumptions that you have zero basis for concluding.  That's just trolling and it's not even original either. You're PO'd because i commented you critiqued a mode...YOU HAD NOT EVEN PLAYED. That, unlike anything else you've said..is a fact.  Which kind of fits how you apparently approach life.  Are all of your commentaries based on ....things you haven't done?  If you took my calling you out..for an obvious truth and you "think" that's an insult....that's a personal problem on your end bub.

Like many, i'm aware there have been PvE events, but this one is a bit different from most of those. It COULD be or become a regular/semi-regular mode.  We'll see how that goes but clearly WG has experience with successful PvE modes (as in WoWs) and it seems they are moving to institute one for WoT as well.  I don't need to talk to "the whole WOT community" to know that there is a lot of unhappiness with the state of PvP play...just read these Forum threads...there's ample evidence of dissatisfaction here.

Oh, you...do read stuff right?  Good... i wasn't sure.  While we're on that, don't twist my words around to make whatever moronic point you have.  Stop relying on insults to make a case.  Being disrespectful to others doesn't make you "better".  Being "successful" at a video game...whatever floats your boat.  Some of us just play for the fun and we just don't care about what you think...or like.  You really need to get used to that. Doing that, is a sign of maturity.  Good luck with that, acting like an adult that is.

Meanwhile, we all know you don't always speak or comment based on what you ACTUALLY do, or try, or play.  Done.

Edited by Mojo_Riesing, Jul 27 2019 - 19:50.

jst2gr8 #63 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 20:19

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jul 27 2019 - 11:49, said:

So typical, first thing you do is look at stats, then make a WHOLE lot of assumptions that you have zero basis for concluding.  That's just trolling and it's not even original either. You're PO'd because i commented you critiqued a mode...YOU HAD NOT EVEN PLAYED. That, unlike anything else you've said..is a fact.  Which kind of fits how you apparently approach life.  Are all of your commentaries based on ....things you haven't done?  If you took my calling you out..for an obvious truth and you "think" that's an insult....that's a personal problem on your end bub.

Like many, i'm aware there have been PvE events, but this one is a bit different from most of those. It COULD be or become a regular/semi-regular mode.  We'll see how that goes but clearly WG has experience with successful PvE modes (as in WoWs) ANd please tell me why WoW is failing and losing more players than WOT? and it seems they are moving to institute one for WoT as well.  I don't need to talk to "the whole WOT community" to know that there is a lot of unhappiness with the state of PvP play...just read these Forum threads...there's ample evidence of dissatisfaction here.

Oh, you...do read stuff right?  Good... i wasn't sure.  While we're on that, don't twist my words around to make whatever moronic point you have.  Stop relying on insults to make a case.  Being disrespectful to others doesn't make you "better".  Being "successful" at a video game...whatever floats your boat.  Some of us just play for the fun  - Another below average player response. and we just don't care about what you think...or like.  You really need to get used to that. Doing that, is a sign of maturity.  Good luck with that, acting like an adult that is.

Meanwhile, we all know you don't always speak or comment based on what you ACTUALLY do, or try, or playUmmmm, what?  Done.

When did I ever mention stats unless you are referring said you are a bad player? Is that really a stat or a fact? But now that you mention it I see why you "only play for fun". 

If you reread the post that you commented on and see all those letters that form words. Well when you put those words together it forms a sentence. Let me show you what you are trying to hard to prove me wrong with...

After actually trying this beyond stupid mode I think that WG is reaching for ideas. What a waste of time. They put no thought into it. WOW, you get to try for improved equipment. Oh joy!! 
Hmmm, if any non window licker would read this as I actually tried the mode and think it is a joke just like I stated before trying the mode.   See, that's what the word "trying" means.
The awards are junk not that you play for those because you only play for fun. There are no credits, experience or really anything to want to win or dominate the mode for unlike the other PvE modes
What else do you have brainiac?
I made a statement of my opinion and you attacked me. So when I come back you get even more defensive. Think about what you write before saying anything. 

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Jul 28 2019 - 03:17.

Copacetic #64 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 20:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48135 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
anyone that likes pve in wot is a moron

jst2gr8 #65 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 22:26

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostCopacetic, on Jul 27 2019 - 12:36, said:

anyone that likes pve in wot is a moron

Thank you!! And like I have been saying, it is the below average players that want it so bad. 

tigerkiller1000 #66 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 22:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 13719 battles
  • [IPHXB] IPHXB

I fail to see where this "bad players want this in the game" really means anything. If the bad players get this as a permanent mode, doesnt this make PvP full of the "good" players and thus creates better matches? Personally I like PvE games, mainly because they dont seem to carry the whining and drama as much as PvP. Homefront isnt perfect, never should've expected it to be, but it has a ton of potential. 

BloodRave31 #67 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 23:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3245 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 27 2019 - 22:26, said:

Thank you!! And like I have been saying, it is the below average players that want it so bad. 

"Below average" RETURNED (not rerolled, returned after I left post 9.18 update) and my thought on this particular PvE mode is... Just like what the 9.18 update brought to the game this mode has got to go.

jst2gr8 #68 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 23:54

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostBloodRave31, on Jul 27 2019 - 15:48, said:

"Below average" RETURNED (not rerolled, returned after I left post 9.18 update) and my thought on this particular PvE mode is... Just like what the 9.18 update brought to the game this mode has got to go.

Thank god it is only an event that ends soon. I am sure when they do their survey on the mode it will fail. I really don't mind the PvE events as long as there is something worth wild playing for. But this on is ridiculous.

jst2gr8 #69 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 03:19

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Posttigerkiller1000, on Jul 27 2019 - 14:58, said:

I fail to see where this "bad players want this in the game" really means anything. If the bad players get this as a permanent mode, doesnt this make PvP full of the "good" players and thus creates better matches? Personally I like PvE games, mainly because they dont seem to carry the whining and drama as much as PvP. Homefront isnt perfect, never should've expected it to be, but it has a ton of potential. 

No, because the number of bad players out number the good. So the que times would be longer making people not want to play because they are waiting too long to get into a battle. This is the same reason AW is pretty much dead.

tigerkiller1000 #70 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 04:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 13719 battles
  • [IPHXB] IPHXB

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 28 2019 - 02:19, said:

No, because the number of bad players out number the good. So the que times would be longer making people not want to play because they are waiting too long to get into a battle. This is the same reason AW is pretty much dead.

so you argee that the majority of players want this mode. Having this mode wont kill the game, Wargaming pouring tons of resources into the mode can. If they put this mode in full time there wont be so many players in it because people will get bored with it. Dont believe me? look at team battles and tank companies, removed due to lack of players. As much as the PvP elitists like to point to PvE as the sole downfall of AW, its not. AW had far more issues with balancing, MM, and mismanagement that caused its downfall. Wargaming may take there sweet time to change things, but at least they do it.

BloodRave31 #71 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 06:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3245 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 27 2019 - 23:54, said:

Thank god it is only an event that ends soon. I am sure when they do their survey on the mode it will fail. I really don't mind the PvE events as long as there is something worth wild playing for. But this on is ridiculous.

I'm going to run what I can, for free, to level 2's for the free camo's! Beyond that I am just not interested in this go at PvE. It could, and should, have been much better but WG didn't just drop the ball they dropped it then kicked it behind an elephant that then sat on it.

jst2gr8 #72 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 12:47

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Posttigerkiller1000, on Jul 27 2019 - 20:27, said:

so you argee that the majority of players want this mode. Having this mode wont kill the game, Wargaming pouring tons of resources into the mode can. If they put this mode in full time there wont be so many players in it because people will get bored with it. Dont believe me? look at team battles and tank companies, removed due to lack of players. As much as the PvP elitists like to point to PvE as the sole downfall of AW, its not. AW had far more issues with balancing, MM, and mismanagement that caused its downfall. Wargaming may take there sweet time to change things, but at least they do it.

No, I agree that the majority of players are bad. And the bad players want easy wins. The mode is totally stupid. It is the same exact thing every battle. I have played 4 battles and was done with it after the second. 

As for AW, I tried to play it for a day and thought it was a piss-poor game, How anybody could ever say it was better than WG is beyond me. And no, it died once they introduced the PvE. I only say that because that's what I see most saying. 

Mojo_Riesing #73 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 14:52

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

While this event's version of PvE is flawed, it's a start towards having a PvE element as a regular feature of WoT.  It's ridiculous to hear the same people who find all kinds of reasons to say WoT is dying now saying PvE will "kill" off WoT. It's just complaint flavor of the day for that crowd.

What no one should think is that self-professed "good" players inherently "know" what is best for WoT overall. Often they don't, and speak from self-interest.  WG will move not to what a statistically "good" player who plays for free wants but to what a player who is willing to put down real life cash money to PLAY an online game.  Anything else results in failure.  PvE many here seem to believe has  place in the future of WoT and it seems to be coming.

jst2gr8 #74 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jul 28 2019 - 06:52, said:

While this event's version of PvE is flawed, it's a start towards having a PvE element as a regular feature of WoT.  It's ridiculous to hear the same people who find all kinds of reasons to say WoT is dying now saying PvE will "kill" off WoT. It's just complaint flavor of the day for that crowd.

What no one should think is that self-professed "good" players inherently "know" what is best for WoT overall. Often they don't, and speak from self-interest.  WG will move not to what a statistically "good" player who plays for free wants but to what a player who is willing to put down real life cash money to PLAY an online game.  Anything else results in failure.  PvE many here seem to believe has  place in the future of WoT and it seems to be coming.

Are you serious or is Dairy Queen having a special on flavored windows today? WOT is dying. There are numbers that show it is dying. Yes not as fast as most say but it is. The PvE will only "kill" it more because the "BAD"(which is the majority of WoT) will play the PvE so they can get those wins they are in search for. Which then will make the que times for the "good" players longer and make them not want to play anymore because of sitting around for 3+ minutes to get into a match. 

As for knowing what is best for Wot, damn I feel like a broken record when saying this, is they need to take a page from AW and see how the PvE ruined that game. Yeah, yeah, it was nowhere near in comparison but it did have a lot of players until the PvE was introduced. Now you only hear about AW when someone is using its failed mode to prove the PvE will destroy WoT. 

You can't say that you really like the PvE right now. Flawed is an understatement. It is the same thing over and over. The bot tanks spawn from the same spot every match, There is no real strategy. The tanks have nothing but a gun and repair kit. Oh and a arty strike. No camo ratings or anything. PLUS, you get no credits or experience. All you get are some camos and advanced equipment for completing it. YAY!!! I will pass. Got boring after the 2nd or 3rd game. 

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Jul 28 2019 - 15:54.

Mojo_Riesing #75 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 16:13

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
Players who are so desperately unhappy with WoT, who feel so much of the player base is beneath them should really question whey they play.  They should leave really.  Or, better yet, start paying for the game with real money and not a lot of lip.

jst2gr8 #76 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jul 28 2019 - 08:13, said:

Players who are so desperately unhappy with WoT, who feel so much of the player base is beneath them should really question whey they play.  They should leave really.  Or, better yet, start paying for the game with real money and not a lot of lip.

Hmmm, when you go through these whiny posts and look at the players stats that are posting them, lets say on WoTlabs,  they are way beneath the average player in WoT. We will leave your stats out of it because I wouldn't want to draw unintentional attention to you. Kind of like your worthless comment.So who is the one that should leave? The one begging for those free wins so they do not look as bad as they really are or the ones that actually learn the game and know how to get the wins?

I would gladly pay for the game if it would keep the ones with the big "lip" out of it. It would be more enjoyable than watching a window licker run off and not help the team one bit but yet tells everyone they suck and do not help at all. 

Some should pull their tin foil hat down to cover their mouths. But then they can't see you say? Well the way they play it is like their eyes are closed anyways. 

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Jul 28 2019 - 16:27.

Rena_Dyne #77 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 9122 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 28 2019 - 03:47, said:

No, I agree that the majority of players are bad. And the bad players want easy wins. The mode is totally stupid. It is the same exact thing every battle. I have played 4 battles and was done with it after the second. 

As for AW, I tried to play it for a day and thought it was a piss-poor game, How anybody could ever say it was better than WG is beyond me. And no, it died once they introduced the PvE. I only say that because that's what I see most saying. 

Ah I see you're one of those people that like parroting the PVE KILLED AW crowd, while ignoring the whole swath of problems that killed AW and simply blaming it on PVE and ignoring the successful PVE Mode in WOWS. "I say that because thats what I see most saying" those people are idiots, if PVE Killed AW then why is it still alive, why are they pushing it so hard, and why is it still pumping out new content? Because people are coming back to it, people are playing it, and people enjoy it.

What killed armored warfare {Which had PVE since LAUNCH it should be stated, since some people like to forget that} is the simple fact that they broke basic promises that acted as a lure {No arty}, their balance was absolutely [edited]-house, their matchmaking was far worse then even "beta" world of tanks, and, the single most important thing that killed armored warfare, the one thing that world of tanks gets right again and again? they completely failed to actually advertise the game, the only people that knew about armored warfare were basically tank junkies who already played games like Warthunder and World of Tanks, and what we *mostly* got was a world of tanks clone that was relatively inferior aside from its stand-out PVE mode, so most of the players that left that were interested in PVP just came back to World of Tanks.

jst2gr8 #78 Posted Jul 29 2019 - 00:42

Captain

• Players
  • 65522 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRena_Dyne, on Jul 28 2019 - 14:55, said:

Ah I see you're one of those people that like parroting the PVE KILLED AW crowd, while ignoring the whole swath of problems that killed AW and simply blaming it on PVE and ignoring the successful PVE Mode in WOWS. "I say that because thats what I see most saying" those people are idiots, if PVE Killed AW then why is it still alive, why are they pushing it so hard, and why is it still pumping out new content? Because people are coming back to it, people are playing it, and people enjoy it.

What killed armored warfare {Which had PVE since LAUNCH it should be stated, since some people like to forget that} is the simple fact that they broke basic promises that acted as a lure {No arty}, their balance was absolutely [edited]-house, their matchmaking was far worse then even "beta" world of tanks, and, the single most important thing that killed armored warfare, the one thing that world of tanks gets right again and again? they completely failed to actually advertise the game, the only people that knew about armored warfare were basically tank junkies who already played games like Warthunder and World of Tanks, and what we *mostly* got was a world of tanks clone that was relatively inferior aside from its stand-out PVE mode, so most of the players that left that were interested in PVP just came back to World of Tanks.

WoW is a totally different game. You can sit back and take naps in WoW. Plus WoW has never had and never will have the clan base that WoT has. There is no comparison between to two games. 

People are pushing the PvE because they do not have the skills to play against someone that can actually shoot back and hit you instead of missing like crazy and turning its turret right away. They are easily killed by getting behind or circling. YAY, how fun, something that doesn't know how to turn right to hit me back while I shoot it. 

I only use AW as a reference, I tried it for a little and hated the way the game played. There is way too many things to worry about besides hitting other tanks. It was or isnt as user friendly as WoT.  

Front_Towards_Enemy1 #79 Posted Jul 29 2019 - 00:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24691 battles
  • [MASH] MASH

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jul 22 2019 - 14:14, said:

War Gaming, It's about dang time we had some PVE content in this game.  If it were offered on a daily basis, you would never see me on a PVP server ever again, except for clan functions.  If War Gaming will do this right, it will soon become one of the most popular modes of game play, for a lot of players.  Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Make a single player mode where people can learn tactics, maps and tanks, as well as train their crews without all the seal clubbers and toxic players making all the comments.

It would be much more enjoyable

Rena_Dyne #80 Posted Jul 29 2019 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 9122 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 28 2019 - 15:42, said:

WoW is a totally different game. You can sit back and take naps in WoW. Plus WoW has never had and never will have the clan base that WoT has. There is no comparison between to two games. 

People are pushing the PvE because they do not have the skills to play against someone that can actually shoot back and hit you instead of missing like crazy and turning its turret right away. They are easily killed by getting behind or circling. YAY, how fun, something that doesn't know how to turn right to hit me back while I shoot it. 

I only use AW as a reference, I tried it for a little and hated the way the game played. There is way too many things to worry about besides hitting other tanks. It was or isnt as user friendly as WoT.  

not WOW, WOWS, World of WARSHIPS, wargamings other game.

Like I said there are *many* Numerous reasons why AW failed, the PVE itself is not one of them, it might be a core component of why AW"s PVP component failed {but that had more to do with the aforementioned [edited]-tier balance and piss poor matchmaking.}

Literally *all* they have to do is make PVE earn a normal ish credit rate, and something like 5-15% of the total EXP you would in PVP {or no EXP At all and I'd still be fine with it so people who want to level up to a new tier of tank still have to PVP} and both would do just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users