24 replies to this topic

J3FF3RY #1 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14956 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN
Removing the ram damage is cool, removing arty damage is great,
Trigger warning for clickers

but we need to keep the normal team damage. If someone pushes me into friendly fire then what can we do now? Before friendly fire is gone we could shoot the pusher to get them to notice that they're being an [edited] or for revenge before we get obliterated by the reds we got pushed into the fire of. When friendly fire is gone we could fill chat with angry messages after we die. Id rather endure the accidental friendly fire every once in a while than give pushers impunity.

Rawrlynn #2 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32301 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

we need to keep friendly fire so the enemy shoots their own tank and lets us live longer.... 

VooDooKobra #3 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 9889 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostJ3FF3RY, on Jul 22 2019 - 22:05, said:

but we need to keep the normal team damage. If someone pushes me into friendly fire then what can we do now? Before friendly fire is gone we could shoot the pusher to get them to notice that they're being an [edited] or for revenge before we get obliterated by the reds we got pushed into the fire of. When friendly fire is gone we could fill chat with angry messages after we die. Id rather endure the accidental friendly fire every once in a while than give pushers impunity.

and having team damage has deterred players from pushing others when?  players are going to push with or without team damage .  there seems to be this attitude that there is a self defence mechanic in this game.  you shoot him he keeps pushing, then what you keep shooting? get a ban? then complain how unfair it is in the forums?

tanopasman62 #4 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 20977 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jul 23 2019 - 06:15, said:

and having team damage has deterred players from pushing others when?  players are going to push with or without team damage .  there seems to be this attitude that there is a self defence mechanic in this game.  you shoot him he keeps pushing, then what you keep shooting? get a ban? then complain how unfair it is in the forums?

Not many are eager of pushing/blocking an FV 4005 or KV-2, are they?

J3FF3RY #5 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14956 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostRawrlynn, on Jul 23 2019 - 06:12, said:

we need to keep friendly fire so the enemy shoots their own tank and lets us live longer.... 

shooting the guy pushing may help you live longer and if it doesnt it makes you feel good

tod914 #6 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 06:55

Major

• Players
  • 64392 battles

Spoiler

JakeTheMystic #7 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 07:52

Major

• Players
  • 24575 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
Although I agree we should keep friendly fire, its definitely not for the reason OP stated... That's just toxic and one of the reasons it is getting removed. 

leeuniverse #8 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 09:16

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Trust me guys...  You aren't going to miss "Friendly Fire".

I've been using the Mod forever, and the game is really no different, just less irritating due to me wanting to shoot the people who grief me when I shouldn't cause I'll be the one to be punished.

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 10:37

Major

• Players
  • 38487 battles

View PostJ3FF3RY, on Jul 23 2019 - 05:05, said:

Without trying to offend, if you shoot your teammate because they are pushing you, you're an idiot. 

They are most likely trolling you for the sole purpose of getting you to rage and shoot them. You start getting "team damage" accumulated against you, and depending on how much you've accumulated or how many times you try to "get their attention", you might turn blue or even banned. DON'T FALL FOR THE TROLLS TRAP.

What you should do is just remove your hand from the keyboard. If they push you into enemy fire or are just pushing you just to get you to shoot them, send the replay to Customer Service. Let THEM handle the troll. However, as soon as you fire a shot at them, or start a tirade in chat, you've negated your ability to send the replay in without incurring even further penalties. 

As for the "...trick to get arties to kill themselves...", I think that will still exist since they aren't damaging their teammates, only themselves. However, if you do want to "...try it...", be forewarned, that replay can also be sent to Customer Service. And, if I'm not mistaken, that can lead to a quicker 1-day ban, minimum, than the other forms of trolling. It could be because that's a deliberate attempt to circumvent the game mechanics for the sole purpose of trolling.

Just play the game the way it's intended to be played. Stop retaliating against and/or looking for ways to troll your teammates. 

Macdaddy12 #10 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 12:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [IRONT] IRONT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but friendly fire is only being removed from "Random" battles, right? As in it's still going to be in Tourney's, Clan Wars, Strongholds. So it's not Totally gone! 

Just my 2 cents :unsure:

the_dude_76 #11 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 34075 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostJ3FF3RY, on Jul 22 2019 - 23:39, said:

shooting the guy pushing may help you live longer and if it doesnt it makes you feel good

Just because it makes you feel good doesn't mean you should assume it does the same for everyone else.. There are, after all, many, many adults who play this game also. You shoot the guy, you get the ban and he laughs even harder. Giving the troll what he wants shouldn't make you feel better, the fact that it does is kinda sad...

The only legitimate reason to shoot a team mate is to stop them from continuing to damage allied tanks after they've turned blue..

Devil__Anse #12 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 14:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
or when the wn8 snipers shoot you in the back of the head trying to get the kill from behind you and that lost HP costs you the match at the end

YANKEE137 #13 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 14:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 13895 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
The only place I'd turn it off is in the spawn. Give me thirty ram free seconds is all I ask.

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I'm glad that almost all forms of team damage will soon be gone from Random Battles.

Playing FL without TD for many episodes has made me see that eradication of most forms of TD is def the way to go.

Like the removal of the toxic trash pile known as enemy chat, it will not be missed by me. Can't happen soon enough.

Good job, WG, for another positive tweak of the game.

WeSayNotToday #15 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 15:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23461 battles

I think that if they are going to remove friendly fire, it should be done differently.

Your gunner should refuse to fire if an ally is in the reticle, viewing it as an illegitmate order.

Let's face it, if you are shooting into a close-quarters combat, and an ally is within the reticle as well as the enemy, and you fire, and you hit your ally, this is not an accident.  It is a poor decision on your part, playing the odds, but not with MISSING as the poor result, but with TEAM DAMAGE as the worse result.

An accident would be a shot that looks 100% legit in sniper view, no ally in the reticle at all, but then an ally drives in after the trigger is pulled.  It is still a poor decision, but based on lack of situational awareness, not based on risking what is established as a risky shot from the get-go.

Block Quote

and removing the trick to get arties to kill themselves is sad because i'll never get to try it,

The trick is to not respond to someone breaking the rules by breaking the rules yourself, in an online game, that you do not control.

There may be other answers in other situations, but, this one?  Record and report, get the troll banned.

venom286 #16 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 15:48

Captain

• Players
  • 42878 battles
I dont really care what they do team damage would be good in some situations its usually not 

PuddleSplasher #17 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 38945 battles

Basically no one cares. Why worry and get agitated about what WOT may or may not do?

Other than create hysteria IMHO topics such as this are only hearsay.

Now please get a grip and start playing WOT.

SawUcomin #18 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 18:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostJ3FF3RY, on Jul 23 2019 - 06:05, said:

First it was all chat that was removed and next it will local chat being removed if they remove FF,

because the SJW's will be complaining about being berated for lack of movement, inaction etc.

MeMeBigBoi #19 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 18:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36035 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
This bad idea is bad

SawUcomin #20 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 18:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 23 2019 - 09:16, said:

Trust me guys...  You aren't going to miss "Friendly Fire".

I've been using the Mod forever, and the game is really no different, just less irritating due to me wanting to shoot the people who grief me when I shouldn't cause I'll be the one to be punished.

Yes, lets trust the player who still has MINUS 1431 as their reputation score several years after they removed the down vote button.

If you are/have been so toxic in the forums, I can only imagine why other players on your team would have reasons to be annoyed by you!

IRL you would probably be cleaning the latrines I would surmise, unfortunately WG potential plans to take away a players ability to respond will probably just lead 

to an increase in complaints regarding inaction/botting

I see an increase in players quitting because the quality of game play will only get worse and WG will fail to respond with corrective measures.

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 23 2019 - 18:37.

Also tagged with friendly fire, pushing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users