friendly fire pushing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

WeSayNotToday #21 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 21:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23414 battles

View PostSawUcomin, on Jul 23 2019 - 18:14, said:

First it was all chat that was removed and next it will local chat being removed if they remove FF,

because the SJW's will be complaining about being berated for lack of movement, inaction etc.

Troll response is troll, from a troll account.

J3FF3RY #22 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 22:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14935 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jul 23 2019 - 10:37, said:

Without trying to offend, if you shoot your teammate because they are pushing you, you're an idiot. 

They are most likely trolling you for the sole purpose of getting you to rage and shoot them. You start getting "team damage" accumulated against you, and depending on how much you've accumulated or how many times you try to "get their attention", you might turn blue or even banned. DON'T FALL FOR THE TROLLS TRAP.

What you should do is just remove your hand from the keyboard. If they push you into enemy fire or are just pushing you just to get you to shoot them, send the replay to Customer Service. Let THEM handle the troll. However, as soon as you fire a shot at them, or start a tirade in chat, you've negated your ability to send the replay in without incurring even further penalties. 

As for the "...trick to get arties to kill themselves...", I think that will still exist since they aren't damaging their teammates, only themselves. However, if you do want to "...try it...", be forewarned, that replay can also be sent to Customer Service. And, if I'm not mistaken, that can lead to a quicker 1-day ban, minimum, than the other forms of trolling. It could be because that's a deliberate attempt to circumvent the game mechanics for the sole purpose of trolling.

Just play the game the way it's intended to be played. Stop retaliating against and/or looking for ways to troll your teammates. 

nothing happens when you send in replays

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jul 23 2019 - 14:11, said:

Just because it makes you feel good doesn't mean you should assume it does the same for everyone else.. There are, after all, many, many adults who play this game also. You shoot the guy, you get the ban and he laughs even harder. Giving the troll what he wants shouldn't make you feel better, the fact that it does is kinda sad...

The only legitimate reason to shoot a team mate is to stop them from continuing to damage allied tanks after they've turned blue..

you don't get banned for one or two shots unless you do it every game

View PostMacdaddy12, on Jul 23 2019 - 12:54, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but friendly fire is only being removed from "Random" battles, right? As in it's still going to be in Tourney's, Clan Wars, Strongholds. So it's not Totally gone! 

Just my 2 cents :unsure:

you have no reason to shoot a friend or clanmate especially in clan wars because by then they've figured out how not to get their allies killed.

leeuniverse #23 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostSawUcomin, on Jul 23 2019 - 10:24, said:

Yes, lets trust the player who still has MINUS 1431 as their reputation score several years after they removed the down vote button.

If you are/have been so toxic in the forums, I can only imagine why other players on your team would have reasons to be annoyed by you!

IRL you would probably be cleaning the latrines I would surmise, unfortunately WG potential plans to take away a players ability to respond will probably just lead 

to an increase in complaints regarding inaction/botting

I see an increase in players quitting because the quality of game play will only get worse and WG will fail to respond with corrective measures.

You want to know how I got that rep?

1. I have NEVER abused anyone on this forum, unless they are abusive to me first, and then I just am critical of it/them for their bullying behavior, kinda like what you just engaged in, a personal attack, rather than substance.

You know NOTHING about me, why I might have that negative rep, yet you personally attack me for it, when I've said and done nothing to anyone.  You should look in the mirror.

2. I deal in substance, some people don't like that.  I post a lot on how to actually fix the problems with the game that people complain about, the purists don't like it, so they downvoted me.

3. I also used to develop a mod pack, and some people attacked me for some mods I had in it, claiming they were "cheats" when they weren't, and I defended them and myself, that they were 100% legal, even one person trying to get me banned reporting me to Wargaming which instead resulted in my Mod Pack being the first Mod Pack to be officially approved by Wargaming as having ALL Legal Mods, and that they would recommend if people asked.

4. I also on rare occasion posted my joy of my progress to Unicorndom, and some people didn't like it.  They especially didn't like not understanding that my stats were slightly lower due to my using my account to test my mod pack too much.

5. They've also not liked my views of certain tanks.  For example, proving that the T49 at the time wasn't a "stat-padding tank" and they thinking it was simply because it was a Light.  It didn't at all function like a normal light, and and I proved them wrong going through everyone's stats who attacked me, even most Uncirons couldn't stat pad in the tank at the time.  So, downvoted defending the truth.

So, the above is ALL the reasons I got downvoted alot...

As to playing in Battles...

I get griefed because I play Lights alot, and people don't like how I play them.  Sometimes it's when playing other tanks, but mostly lights.

So, you're going to Victim Blame me now?  I "must have deserved it"?

Correct yourself "buddy"...

SawUcomin #24 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 06:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Jul 23 2019 - 15:40, said:

I think that if they are going to remove friendly fire, it should be done differently.

Your gunner should refuse to fire if an ally is in the reticle, viewing it as an illegitmate order.

Let's face it, if you are shooting into a close-quarters combat, and an ally is within the reticle as well as the enemy, and you fire, and you hit your ally, this is not an accident.  It is a poor decision on your part, playing the odds, but not with MISSING as the poor result, but with TEAM DAMAGE as the worse result.

An accident would be a shot that looks 100% legit in sniper view, no ally in the reticle at all, but then an ally drives in after the trigger is pulled.  It is still a poor decision, but based on lack of situational awareness, not based on risking what is established as a risky shot from the get-go.

The trick is to not respond to someone breaking the rules by breaking the rules yourself, in an online game, that you do not control.

There may be other answers in other situations, but, this one?  Record and report, get the troll banned.

More dumbing down of the game!

Most probably have not looked through a periscope of a tank while the hatches are closed.

If another tank is cutting in front while a fire fight is ensuing then that tank deserves what it gets. (I agree, user error.)

Removing FF fire is as bad an idea as giving all light tanks full camo when moving or auto aim, or enhanced proximity lock on auto aim

A dumb idea is a dumb idea, even if it comes from someones main account, alt account, Dev account or mgmt account.

What this game doesn't need is any more involvement by WG mods that take the players skill out of it and or reduce the consequences

or lack thereof.

No different than missing a shot and paying for a spent round

If you, hit hard bump, track your teammate or kill them then your pay for your mistake. 

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 24 2019 - 06:39.

SawUcomin #25 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 06:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 23 2019 - 22:20, said:

You want to know how I got that rep?

1. I have NEVER abused anyone on this forum, unless they are abusive to me first, and then I just am critical of it/them for their bullying behavior, kinda like what you just engaged in, a personal attack, rather than substance.

You know NOTHING about me, why I might have that negative rep, yet you personally attack me for it, when I've said and done nothing to anyone.  You should look in the mirror.

2. I deal in substance, some people don't like that.  I post a lot on how to actually fix the problems with the game that people complain about, the purists don't like it, so they downvoted me.

3. I also used to develop a mod pack, and some people attacked me for some mods I had in it, claiming they were "cheats" when they weren't, and I defended them and myself, that they were 100% legal, even one person trying to get me banned reporting me to Wargaming which instead resulted in my Mod Pack being the first Mod Pack to be officially approved by Wargaming as having ALL Legal Mods, and that they would recommend if people asked.

4. I also on rare occasion posted my joy of my progress to Unicorndom, and some people didn't like it.  They especially didn't like not understanding that my stats were slightly lower due to my using my account to test my mod pack too much.

5. They've also not liked my views of certain tanks.  For example, proving that the T49 at the time wasn't a "stat-padding tank" and they thinking it was simply because it was a Light.  It didn't at all function like a normal light, and and I proved them wrong going through everyone's stats who attacked me, even most Uncirons couldn't stat pad in the tank at the time.  So, downvoted defending the truth.

So, the above is ALL the reasons I got downvoted alot...

As to playing in Battles...

I get griefed because I play Lights alot, and people don't like how I play them.  Sometimes it's when playing other tanks, but mostly lights.

So, you're going to Victim Blame me now?  I "must have deserved it"?

Correct yourself "buddy"...

Ok sorry, I was a little hard on you.

But opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and the majority of the time they stink.

But you have to admit, that's a lot of down votes!

And with that I will revert back to my last statement.

Many players DO NOT want to see FF damage removed.

If some players are griefing, as you say, then they should be dealt with on an individual basis

That is the reason for having a report system.

I play SPG's EVERY day and sometimes the majority of my games in a day, I have only once in over 10K spg games had a teammate block my shot

(and it wasnt with their gun barrel). Ive been pushed into deep water once and TKed by another spg player once.

I almost NEVER get griefed playing any other class of tank if just play the game.

From what I witness, team damage and incidents are way down

I'm not interested in the stupidity that comes with removing FF. For example, cutting in, ramming out of the way, kill stealing, shot blocking etc etc.

This game is losing the realistic aspect of it and many do not like it.

Stun effects, clown cars are just part of the dumbing down.

This actually takes the fun out of it!

It's a WAR GAME!

Its TANKS!

Not some 12 year old kiddie arcade game.

This game is played by many older adults who want some realism left in it

Many players want the competition and the realism that goes with it. 

There are enough minecraft and roblox games out there for those who are wanting safe places and are worried about team damage.

Why come here and change the fundamentals of this game that makes it exciting because you are too lazy to submit a video report ticket for the odd time you get a player with a bug up their azz and you are on the receiving end.

The only reason I can think is that you are part of it and the replay will show it, hence the reason not to send one in. (not you specifically lee, meaning "the" player)

Has this game not gone through enough experimental changes that were ultimately bad for the game in general

We don't need anymore, 

THANK YOU!

Edited by SawUcomin, Jul 24 2019 - 16:44.

Also tagged with friendly fire, pushing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users