So what if instead of all these adjustments, Gold Rounds just costed Bonds?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

RunDownBlaster #1 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 00:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10804 battles

That'd sure be a way to go back to the good old days where they were available and fully powered, but not something you can just load up willy nilly, while also not making them revert to the pay-to-win mechanic they once were.

It's also a quick fix like WG seems to enjoy so much.

UvBeenTrumped #2 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 00:41

Captain

• Players
  • 64519 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

For one, they do not give enough bonds away to use for premium ammo. 

Two, premium ammo is very useful when playing in a lower tier tank and trying to pen a tank that you normally cannot pen with regular ammo.

Third, if you don't like premium ammo then you have two options... 1. Don't play. or 2. Can't beat them, join them. Use it yourself. 

Threads like this are the reason I use premium ammo in my higher tier tanks.

Hellsfog #3 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 38186 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRunDownBlaster, on Jul 23 2019 - 18:33, said:

That'd sure be a way to go back to the good old days where they were available and fully powered, but not something you can just load up willy nilly, while also not making them revert to the pay-to-win mechanic they once were.

So as a fairly decent player, I would have access to gold rounds but you as a mediocre player (no offense) who plays mostly arty would have less access? I like that idea. 

RunDownBlaster #4 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 00:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10804 battles

I tend to not use that crap anyway.

And for the record, artillery is mostly retired for me. Only drag it out for Crapline and when I have something to do that requires it, like campaign missions. Not so much casually anymore. There's always gotta be a reason.

Rena_Dyne #5 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 8650 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
Eh, I'm happy with the higher pen / lower damage trade their considering, make it an actual choice and not a fake one like "oh it costs slightly more"

Christojojo #6 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 01:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34709 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 23 2019 - 18:41, said:

For one, they do not give enough bonds away to use for premium ammo. 

Two, premium ammo is very useful when playing in a lower tier tank and trying to pen a tank that you normally cannot pen with regular ammo.

Third, if you don't like premium ammo then you have two options... 1. Don't play. or 2. Can't beat them, join them. Use it yourself. 

Threads like this are the reason I use premium ammo in my higher tier tanks.

Right, that is why you use premium rounds. No because of the better damage per shot nor near-guaranteed pen values for many of the tanks you play but to irritate other players. That is a lame troll.

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 23 2019 - 18:44, said:

So as a fairly decent player, I would have access to gold rounds but you as a mediocre player (no offense) who plays mostly arty would have less access? I like that idea. 

My thought exactly. WG has to stop rewarding great players with more advantages and make rewards skins. Like 3D skins and clan log designed skins that everyone is forced to see vs giving them a pub tank that really is hard to play against.

Hellsfog #7 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 38186 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostChristojojo, on Jul 23 2019 - 19:06, said:

Right, that is why you use premium rounds. No because of the better damage per shot nor near-guaranteed pen values for many of the tanks you play but to irritate other players. That is a lame troll.

My thought exactly. WG has to stop rewarding great players with more advantages and make rewards skins. Like 3D skins and clan log designed skins that everyone is forced to see vs giving them a pub tank that really is hard to play against.

Not to beat this dead horse because you will never listen but those cw aren't has hard to play against as you like to think and they certainly aren't exclusive any longer. Decent rewards is one thing but increased access to a game mechanic is bad. 

Doublenut #8 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 02:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14375 battles

View PostRunDownBlaster, on Jul 24 2019 - 00:33, said:

The good ole days when it was the people spending 150-200 a month on tanks and ammo? When super heavies just farmed pubs? People complaining about ammo is just about looking for an edge over everyone else by restricting their play. Everyone here is for one reason. To kill your tanks on the battlefield. This means they will select the best crew/tank/modules and AMMO to get the job done.  

LeaveIT2Beaver #9 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 02:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
The ultra-pay-to-win

PAP0 #10 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 03:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18241 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 23 2019 - 16:37, said:

Not to beat this dead horse because you will never listen but those cw aren't has hard to play against as you like to think and they certainly aren't exclusive any longer. Decent rewards is one thing but increased access to a game mechanic is bad. 

Sadly the majority of us(me included:() aren’t good enough to get into a clan to get rewards, or at least a clan that is good enough to get a chance at them. Maybe in misunderstanding, but if I am, maybe a link to Clan Rewards guise will help?

Ironbutt2015 #11 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 03:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17340 battles

No bonds at all, remove them from the game.

Personally, I hope that gold rounds are removed from the game completely as well but it neither is likely to happen sadly.  

Easy fix - gold round damage is not counted for stats or exp or perhaps silver.  Use of gold/premium rounds will control itself then.

lol, there would be so many "skilled" players realizing they are actually not so "skilled" after all.  

Also, game changing rewards (bond gear for example) mostly only obtainable to people with huge amounts of time on their hands makes the game even worse for new people trying to join, learn and have fun.  A game where actual, straight skill, (same tank, same crew, same equipment) would be more interesting and what I hoped for when I heard about this game and started playing.  Save the constant buffing of gear for clan wars or such, leave it out of the random battles.  Just my 2 cents.

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 03:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45843 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

There's a LOT of dumb suggestions here.  Several vehicles have been basically balanced around gold to either pen things or be penned.   The entire game would need massive adjustments to work. 

Personally, I prefer the HESH method.  Less pen, but more dimmy dams if you can aim.  Rather than straight buffing the already dumb vehicles balanced around needing gold to pen. 

cloudwalkr #13 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 04:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

WG and quick fixes is one of the better jokes I've heard this week.

Edit:  Also, lets take a look at Frontline right now for an example of where WG minds are at.  The launched the original FL mode and people loved it.  It wasnt a grind fest and people enjoyed the mode.  Then they re-launch it, double the xp required...and less than ONE FRONTLINE SEASON later they are already preparing for FL booster micro-transactions...instead of just bringing it back to original levels...which is what people want.  It's complete bs.  

They arent worried about how to "fix" gold rounds...but rather how to better monopolize another mechanic.  Sure...some day gold rounds might be changed, but it won't matter. Also, as others have pointed out, most of the game has been designed around gold rounds...do you really think WG can change that at this point, or rather say they are working on it but in the meantime release as much money grab as they can...FL boosters becoming a big one at the end of the season when people want to get that tier 9 tank but aren't close enough...oh what?  I can spend money to get there?  Sign me up...NOPE.

micro rant over, I suppose...lol.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Jul 24 2019 - 04:13.

Hellsfog #14 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 04:55

Major

• Players
  • 38186 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostPAP0, on Jul 23 2019 - 21:01, said:

Sadly the majority of us(me included:() aren’t good enough to get into a clan to get rewards, or at least a clan that is good enough to get a chance at them. Maybe in misunderstanding, but if I am, maybe a link to Clan Rewards guise will help?

I think there is a notion that only the top 5% of players or some such get the reward tanks and it's not true. When we play advances I see many mediocre players (yellow) with the tanks so, in my opinion, CW reward tanks are not exclusive. 7200-ish players participated in the campaign and 2650 (including auction) could get a tank. When better than a third of people who try for a prize get one, it's hard to argue it's only for the best of the best. Are they a participation award like a tank marathon? No but they no longer only for the top players. That's how I see it anyway. 

I really don't know what Clan Rewards guise is.and have no idea what the link would be or what it is suppose to show. 

Craftydoo #15 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 05:08

Private

• Players
  • 9380 battles
  • [-VDV-] -VDV-
IMO a good way to balance gold ammo would be to just magnify the advantages/tradeoffs of each ammo type. HEAT doesn't lose pen over distance, but spaced armor counters it. Maybe reduce it's shell velocity too. APCR has high velocity, but rapid pen dropoff. HESH and HEP could be HE with higher pen, but lower non-pen damage. Maybe mess around with shell normalization a bit. Then again, i'm not an expert, i'm just a pubbie. 

4P1 #16 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 11:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26917 battles
  • [FNYBS] FNYBS
A very easy fix to gold/premium ammo issue is to limit the number of premium rounds a tank can carry, say 10% of it's ammo capacity: partially fixes the pay to win problem and truly limits the availability, thus encouraging discretionary use.

UvBeenTrumped #17 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 12:17

Captain

• Players
  • 64519 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Jul 23 2019 - 17:06, said:

That is right. I like making money at tier 9 and some at tier 10. Premium ammo is not a guaranteed pen!!!! I don't know how many times I have to say this. I guess until it goes through those tin foil hates.  I do use it on some tanks just because the tank is crap and needs it. But I have never once whined or cried that the other team is using it like I see in so many matches. I bet you are one of those people that write it in chat. Well, boo-freaking-hoo. Premium ammo has been in the game since day one, just like arty and neither are ever going to leave. SO either join them or leave the game. 

Christojojo #18 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 01:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34709 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 23 2019 - 21:29, said:

There's a LOT of dumb suggestions here.  Several vehicles have been basically balanced around gold to either pen things or be penned.   The entire game would need massive adjustments to work. 

Personally, I prefer the HESH method.  Less pen, but more dimmy dams if you can aim.  Rather than straight buffing the already dumb vehicles balanced around needing gold to pen. 

That has been my point to rebalance the game entirely. The game made it to this point without maintenance and some overhauls the game will never be viable again and the rebirth seems unlikely with an uncaring attitude. 

Christojojo #19 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34709 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jul 24 2019 - 06:17, said:

That is right. I like making money at tier 9 and some at tier 10. Premium ammo is not a guaranteed pen!!!! I don't know how many times I have to say this. I guess until it goes through those tin foil hates.  I do use it on some tanks just because the tank is crap and needs it. But I have never once whined or cried that the other team is using it like I see in so many matches. I bet you are one of those people that write it in chat. Well, boo-freaking-hoo. Premium ammo has been in the game since day one, just like arty and neither are ever going to leave. SO either join them or leave the game. 

Sadly you are not making sense. The players don't use premium because it doesn't pen better nor do they use it because it does less damage. That is stupid. The forums and in game troll the guaranteed pen values I cannot see you providing any more effort into premium usage than the thug you are. UvBeenTrumped

ugh me smash ugh.

BTW I said Near-guaranteed. I implied the perceived value not a real value of it. Oh an the premium ammo was for actual gold and in the beginning pretty much buying gold was the only way to get it. A few of the better players back then even trolled the forums bragging about it.

UvBeenTrumped #20 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 03:13

Captain

• Players
  • 64519 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Jul 24 2019 - 17:46, said:

Sadly you are not making sense. The players don't use premium because it doesn't pen better nor do they use it because it does less damage. That is stupid. The forums and in game troll the guaranteed pen values I cannot see you providing any more effort into premium usage than the thug you are. UvBeenTrumped

ugh me smash ugh.

BTW I said Near-guaranteed. I implied the perceived value not a real value of it. Oh an the premium ammo was for actual gold and in the beginning pretty much buying gold was the only way to get it. A few of the better players back then even trolled the forums bragging about it.

Ummmm, yes players do use it because your chances of penning are higher. Unless you are shooting at a tank with spaced armor. It does not do less damage. I do not know whare you are going with this because I never once said any of that. you are putting words in my mouth to make yourself  seem... something, I don't know. 

WOW, you know that it was for gold back then? I know that too because I used it then also. Why? Because people whined and cried then too. So it obviously doesn't do any good to write dumb forum threads whining and crying about premium ammo. All WG did is make it easier to get for the ones that were crying. 

You must be a PRO if you think you never need it.  You talk about trolling then you come along and Trollzilla me? You come at me with nothing but garbage talk when I actually made more sense than you obviously can comprehend. 

Try to turn my words around on that, Butch Cassidy and the Trolldance  Kid.

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Jul 25 2019 - 03:18.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users