Does WG ever listen?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Conan_the_Cantankerous #1 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5015 battles
I've only been playing the game for a few months now.  I have watched Jingles, Quickybaby and many others for years.  I enjoy their content.  Prior to Tanks I played World of Warships for years.  I finally had it with WoWs and the damned CV debacle.  So here I am.

Over the years, and now I've seen it first hand, the two major complaints by Tanks players has been: two tier match making and premium ammo.  There is a thread here somewhere that asked players what they would change about the game.  Most serious suggestions included changes to MM and changes to or getting rid of "gold" ammo.

I am frustrated as hell already and can't wait for Borderlands 3 to get here. 

Will WG ever listen to the player base and at least address MM issues?

ArmorStorm #2 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 37711 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

Sure, but listening to the playerbase does not equal listening to guys crying on the forum.  They have polls and data to go on.  

You are performing above the average for your time in game, and our best players generally win about 60% or a touch more of their random battles.  If you feel that you should win 75-85% of your matches, that just doesn't happen in WoT.  The MM IS easy mode compared to how it was several years ago.  When I started a Tier 5 Chaffee scout would be dumped into Tier 10 matches.  Medium tanks were +-4 and heavies +-3 IIRC at the beginning.  

Good luck tanker

RHeadshot #3 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 21:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6147 battles
No, WG won't ever listen, because they don't care what people who actually play the game think.  Better decisions are made, in their opinion, when they're made by people who don't actually play the game much.

TheGronker #4 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 21:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17964 battles
We are talking about a business, as long as people buy (and they buy) and pay (and they pay) they have no reason no change. The changes are very small, but still no improvement. I must give credits when needed, the blueprints and the tank rewards (blueprints prize) is a blessed and very smart tool that helps people who suffer in grinding. But the mm, lets just say that if I will play LoL and be the adc....unless Doublelift is smurfing super hard (which he doesn't), the chances of me playing against him are kissing the 0% mark tight. In WoT you can have 4 games of 0-15 and idk whats next....they won't change mm to pr or skill based, but they will cancel the ranked (not that I ever played). Anyway, you buy tanks, you lose (unless you are very good), you buy x-mas boxes....WG makes money. The machine is oiled up pretty good, no changes any time soon....git gud or suffer (or both), trust me I know. 

GWyatt #5 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4276 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

Read this thread and then tell us who they should listen to: http://forum.worldof...ot-what-you-do/

Everyone has a different idea of how the game should be. Just because they don't implement your (being whomever) idea that is going to save the game and make it better for everyone does not mean they don't listen. Also, NA is not the only server. In fact, we are small fish in a big pond, Since I don't know Russian, I have no idea what the RU server thinks WG should be doing, but whatever it is, that is what WG most likely is doing.

Rena_Dyne #6 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 9148 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
When 90% of this games population is in the RU, and the rest is oddly divided between the EU, US, and SEA, guess who they're gonna listen to. Pro tip, its probably where the general bulk of the population playing it is.

Conan_the_Cantankerous #7 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 22:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5015 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Jul 24 2019 - 20:12, said:

Sure, but listening to the playerbase does not equal listening to guys crying on the forum.  They have polls and data to go on.  

You are performing above the average for your time in game, and our best players generally win about 60% or a touch more of their random battles.  If you feel that you should win 75-85% of your matches, that just doesn't happen in WoT.  The MM IS easy mode compared to how it was several years ago.  When I started a Tier 5 Chaffee scout would be dumped into Tier 10 matches.  Medium tanks were +-4 and heavies +-3 IIRC at the beginning.  

Good luck tanker

Good grief!!   I remember in the early days of "botes" you could have a division made of tier 10 and tier 1 ships.  It too was ridiculous.

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 23:27

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
Who exactly are they supposed to listen to when no two players are saying the same thing??

Sleeper_has_Awaken #9 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 00:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 4625 battles
Unfortunately they are messing up gold rounds because of all the babies.

leeuniverse #10 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 40492 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostSleeper_has_Awaken, on Jul 24 2019 - 16:12, said:

Unfortunately they are messing up gold rounds because of all the babies.

The problem is they aren't actually "listening".

Their version of "listening" is more so "let's do things how we want, and **** up the game pretending we are listening".

1. Literally, near NOBODY asked for Gold Rounds to remain, but to just make them "weaker".

But we DID ask for Gold Rounds to be removed.

Thus, they aren't listening.

2. Literally, near NOBODY asked for Stun.

But we DID ask for High Damage be removed.  They did and didn't do that, because high damage STILL occurs against low armored.

3. Literally, near NOBODY asked for a carousel to just do Two Rows and have a "minature" version of two rows.

But we DID ask for at least up to 5 Rows.

Thus, Wargaming aren't listening.

4. When they improved sight/vision-related things, adding more zoom, and adding Shift to Zoom.

They didn't add "Default Zoom" selection, and they didn't Increase the Zoom Out to a more reasonable level.  The functions are already in the game, they just have to add the settings.

5. We've been saying for years to greatly lower the "Power-Spread" between Tiers of the same Class.

6. We've been saying for years to lower damage Arty shots, but increase their Accuracy.

I could go on and on of many simple quality of life things they don't add.

And I'm not even talking about any of the things I have been on them about to improve the game, that will ultimately fix the common complaints, I'm just talking about what most have been saying all this time.

the_dude_76 #11 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 24 2019 - 17:25, said:

The problem is they aren't actually "listening".

Their version of "listening" is more so "let's do things how we want, and **** up the game pretending we are listening".

1. Literally, near NOBODY asked for Gold Rounds to remain, but to just make them "weaker".

But we DID ask for Gold Rounds to be removed.

You think the majority want gold rounds removed?!?! You're joking right??

You keep using the term "we" but I don't think you understand what that word actually means. Pretending that your personal wish list is shared by everyone is utterly ridiculous.

leeuniverse #12 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 40492 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jul 25 2019 - 06:53, said:

You think the majority want gold rounds removed?!?! You're joking right??

You keep using the term "we" but I don't think you understand what that word actually means. Pretending that your personal wish list is shared by everyone is utterly ridiculous.

Yes, I do think the majority want Gold Rounds removed, and to instead for guns to have proper pen and tanks proper weakspots.

Yes, it's a very common theme on the forum, and the forum isn't representative of the playerbase, cause there are a lot more fanboys here, so if it's even popular on the forum it's certainly popular in the greater playerbase.

It's like you didn't read my post... I specifically stated I just listed the COMMON things people want and complain about on the forum or otherwise, that I didn't even get into how I would improve the game fixing the most common problems and complaints.  :amazed:

Or are you actually trying to tell us that people "don't" commonly complain about:

Gold Rounds

Arty

Power spread

on and on...?

Yes, it's totally my imagination the common complaints of this game.

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postleeuniverse, on Jul 25 2019 - 10:23, said:

Yes, I do think the majority want Gold Rounds removed, and to instead for guns to have proper pen and tanks proper weakspots.

Yes, it's a very common theme on the forum, and the forum isn't representative of the playerbase, cause there are a lot more fanboys here, so if it's even popular on the forum it's certainly popular in the greater playerbase.

It's like you didn't read my post... I specifically stated I just listed the COMMON things people want and complain about on the forum or otherwise, that I didn't even get into how I would improve the game fixing the most common problems and complaints.  :amazed:

Or are you actually trying to tell us that people "don't" commonly complain about:

Gold Rounds

Arty

Power spread

on and on...?

Yes, it's totally my imagination the common complaints of this game.

A lot of fan boys!! LOL!! The VAST majority of people here do nothing but cry about how the game isn't tailored to their own personal desires. Anyone who disagrees is then labeled a fan boy because that's easier than providing a counter argument when one doesn't exist. 

Block Quote

Gold Rounds

Arty

Power spread

on and on...?

Nope, it's not the complaints that are fictional, the fiction is the idea that your proposed solutions for those complaints are shared by everyone. Gold rounds are the perfect example, you pretend that most people want them removed but I don't recall many people making that claim. Some want the damage nerfed, some want them to be made more expensive, some want them available for gold only again, some want to limit the number carried. There are probabaly a dozen different "solutions" proposed for changing gold rounds. And yet you claim that "near NOBODY asked for Gold Rounds to remain", that's pretty much just BS. Nobody asked for them to "remain" because no one expected they'd ever be removed.

headstash #14 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 00:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 33593 battles
  • [419] 419

View PostConan_the_Cantankerous, on Jul 24 2019 - 12:53, said:

I've only been playing the game for a few months now.  I have watched Jingles, Quickybaby and many others for years.  I enjoy their content.  Prior to Tanks I played World of Warships for years.  I finally had it with WoWs and the damned CV debacle.  So here I am.

Over the years, and now I've seen it first hand, the two major complaints by Tanks players has been: two tier match making and premium ammo.  There is a thread here somewhere that asked players what they would change about the game.  Most serious suggestions included changes to MM and changes to or getting rid of "gold" ammo.

not as long as you [edited]just keep shoveling money in their direction

Mad_Dog_Seabee #15 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14996 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostConan_the_Cantankerous, on Jul 24 2019 - 11:53, said:

The players that complain on the forum make up less than 1% of our community, they do not provide constructive criticism, provide solutions or understand the inner workings of Wargaming. They are results driven people that wants instant satisfaction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users