aimpoint indicator? color brightener?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

omi5cron #1 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 24761 battles

the little aimpoint dot is green when you CAN pen,red when you cant.however,i have some eye issues and i sometimes "lose" the aimpoint circle/point. for instance,when im looking through foliage into a mixture of foliage/rubble/tanks at a distance (even closeup). im trying to target a pixel on a redteam outlined tank,but momentarily "lose" sight of the point.

is there any way to REALLY make it bright? as in a mod? i have it maxed at 100% in settings and still lose it in the background. (my colorblindness and other eye issues)what i would LOVE is a lazer-bright yellow BLAZE point that i could never lose sight of. i know that cant happen,but are any mods existing to increase "brightness" past the in-game 100% level?

ive even tried monkeying around withe coloration sliders and chromatic palettes in the game settings.

when i do lose it,i have to focus on the outer aiming circle,or just move the aimpoint til i reacquire it.(losing my targeted aiming area pixels)

or any ingame settings i might have missed?

i think im really out of luck tho. i already have the colorblind palette in place.thanks for any help!

Craftydoo #2 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 22:45

Private

• Players
  • 9760 battles
  • [-VDV-] -VDV-

I suppose you could use a separate crosshair mod, but I don't know of any way to individually change an RGB value of the aimpoint.

Aslain's mod pack has multiple crosshair mods if you want to give it a look, just make sure to enable the Preview Window checkbox before moving on to the full mod list.

https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-aslains-wot-modpack/

_Koschei_ #3 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 23:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33584 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

I'd not recommend using any mod. approved or otherwise because it is common knowledge they usually contain malware/trojans etc..... 

use google.  if you use mods you risk everything you have on your pc.  

if you do hopefully your pc is only for gaming and does not contain anything you care about such as bank info etc....

Edited by _Koschei_, Jul 24 2019 - 23:24.

Kramah313 #4 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 23:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5544 battles
Unfortunately the colorblind setting doesn’t affect the reticle. I couldn’t tell between red and orange on the pen indicator, so I switched that to the plus crosshair (+). For red there are spaces between the lines and the center dot, for orange there are not. Now I can tell the difference and it has helped me a lot. 

Sparkster23 #5 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 00:05

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27759 battles
  • [SPK] SPK

How about these  

https://ibb.co/z5fG79L

https://ibb.co/ThfCwP6

https://ibb.co/L6RPcw1

At the bottom you can see the armor pen indicator numbers that can also be changed bigger in config file

Edited by Sparkster23, Jul 25 2019 - 00:10.

KatzeWolf #6 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 00:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31 battles

View PostKramah313, on Jul 25 2019 - 08:54, said:

Unfortunately the colorblind setting doesn’t affect the reticle. I couldn’t tell between red and orange on the pen indicator, so I switched that to the plus crosshair (+). For red there are spaces between the lines and the center dot, for orange there are not. Now I can tell the difference and it has helped me a lot. 

Colourblind mode should affect the red on the reticle, but yes I was going to suggest changing the crosshair type.

View Post_Koschei_, on Jul 25 2019 - 08:24, said:

I'd not recommend using any mod. approved or otherwise because it is common knowledge they usually contain malware/trojans etc..... 

if you do hopefully your pc is only for gaming and does not contain anything you care about such as bank info etc....

I have been running mods for 6 years, not a single issue with malware.

Just be smart and download them from reputable sources and mod authors.
Plus the post pointing that out was mostly misconstrued.

Kramah313 #7 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 01:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5544 battles

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jul 25 2019 - 00:58, said:

Colourblind mode should affect the red on the reticle, but yes I was going to suggest changing the crosshair type.

I expected this also, when I tried it the reticle was the only thing it didn’t change. It was a few updates ago though. 

rockbutcher #8 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 01:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23021 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
Not that it matters that much because of RNG.  The fact that the point you are aiming at is penetrable has no bearing on where the round will actually strike.  I've had lots of red indicators (when there was nothing green to be seen) pen and just as many or more green ones bounce.  Aslain's has CB aimpoints as stated above.  Hope you find one that works for you.

redjkent #9 Posted Jul 25 2019 - 02:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 102065 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View Post_Koschei_, on Jul 24 2019 - 22:24, said:

View Post_Koschei_, on Jul 24 2019 - 22:24, said:

keep spreding the fake news your worse then facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users