Watch this if you are going to start playing!

World of tanks tutorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

REDENG #1 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 02:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

I made this video for those looking to start so that you don't regret your decisions later in the game and what to expect.

also stay tuned as there will be a follow up video for settings and how to navigate the garage!

https://youtu.be/7pKLRI0qMcI

Edited by REDENG, Jul 26 2019 - 02:31.

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 24594 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

I think there's quite a bit to digest in the video, too much for a new player. 

In short; I'd suggest not even bothering with anything above tier 6 until you get a thousand or so games in, possibly even more. Get a really good feel for the lower tiers because it takes a lot more individual skill to perform actions like sharing HP and side scraping that is almost essential to get better at tier 7+

Find a clan that is open to taking some new players, ask them if they run tier 6 skirms and if they do, join them. Run a lot of tier 6 skirms to get introduced into the "competitive" atmosphere and see if you enjoy that sort of thing. It really helps to train crews and make a lot of credits quickly (I'd suggest picking up the cromwell for this if you don't want to buy a premium). 

Once you get a feel, ask some better players to platoon with you (I'm sure many would be willing) and pay attention to some of the things they do. What parts of the map they like to play, their favorite tanks, maybe learn some basic skills like going hull down and side scraping. From there, play around at tier 8 for a while. Run some tier 8 skirms with some clans to make more credits (I'd suggest an IS-3 for this tier). Get a hand for it and get used to the play style difference from tier 6, you shouldn't be auto-aiming almost at all by this point, understand the uses of premium round and when to fire them. Once you get a good feel and understanding, then advance to tier 10 and start to worry about things like what are good tanks for clan wars, what is considered meta and the use of bonded equipment and such. 

Essential things to know along the way; Use equipment if you can afford it, it really helps. Always keep the same crew and retrain them to the next tank in the line to maximize on crew skill potential. Pay close attention to how gameplay changes between tiers 1-6, 7-8, 9-10. It changed kind of fast once you get to the higher tiers and it's essential to have adept awareness and skills to become any better at the game. 

Don't be pressured to play higher tiers if you don't want to, its perfectly find to stay at lower tiers until you feel comfortable. I can't stress it enough, but make sure you understand how each tier plays before advancing and improve your overall skills. If you just dive as fast as you can towards tier 10, you will not improve and you will just struggle more and more until you become discouraged and want to quit. 

Mostly, just have fun. It's just a game after all. 

REDENG #3 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 23:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

bump

REDENG #4 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 03:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29076 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

bump