Jump to content


"Homefront" is Not PVE nor what we wanted

homefront testing common test pve world of tanks

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TboneOathKeeper #1 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 10:48

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28147 battles
  • 115
  • [QC_A] QC_A
  • Member since:
    12-21-2011

​Dear World of Tanks ,

​I can only Imagine how much Homefront cost to make.  Sadly ,  It's no better them some Holiday special and should not be considered for a new game mode.  

​PLEASE ........   World of Tanks ,  We are asking for options and choices with PVE.  Allow players to choose there Tanks , Allow players to choose there enemies.  You may charge us "Whatever you must" as far as bullets, repairs, Etc.  Rewards would be a lot less due to it being a PVE mode.  But I feel your missing the whole point of what we are looking for.  

​    A place to go and Have some FUN , Blow Tanks up and not, let me Repeat NOT have all the Raging , Bulling , Teamkilling and all the other Toxic stuff that comes from Random and now Homefront Battles.  Call it whatever you must or put some flashy name on it.  Yet all we are asking for is a place to go and Train , Practice weak spot , Basically just Blowing stuff up without the Chaos.  With this game mode players would be able to really study weak spots , study maps and new spots to go to.  The computer Bots should be adjustable from "Very Easy to Super Unicom".  Choices and Options are never a bad thing for customers.  Your still charging the same amount of money for bullets , repairs ,Etc.  Just think of the Fun you can have with your friends or by yourself.  Take a FV and "Derp" the Hell out of Togs .  Race around in EBR's against E100's.  There are a million different options you could pick.  

    Best part and the whole reason why is .......  "NO BULLING" ,  "RAGING"  or any other Toxic stuff that comes from Random Battles.

​As a Customer that has spent more Money then any other player in this game .  You Promised "New Players"  which as numbers will show has Not Happened nor will it unless changes are made.  Your game Rewards Killing Tanks at any cost.  

​     Honor ,  Teamwork , Leadership are all things to be aspired to be.  Show me a Military that runs on free for all and I will show you a Defeated Army.  Leadership in this game is Non-existent.  Leadership should pay more then Kills.  Make Helping your Team mates pay more the Killing Tanks.  World of Tanks has become XVM inspired UNICOM end all be all and that just sucks.  Over 50 years old , Disabled and enough money to buy any other game in the world and yet I stay here.  Reason , I Love "World of Tanks" and use it as Therapy for all the stresses of the day.  Dam , just calling a Doctor costs $500 per Hour.  Me give me a Big Tank some HE rounds and some computer Bots to Blow up and I will be here for "Life".

   I am sorry for the Bad Grammar and my English.  As I stated , I am Lucky to be alive and every day is a Blessing.  I wish all my Fellow Tankers all the Best and even wish all the Unicoms all the Random battles they want.  But I feel I am not alone when I say , the Bulling and Toxic nature of the game has to end.  

   Thank you and God Bless all my fellow Tankers.

TboneOathKeeper 



ClutchPin #2 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 12:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21822 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014
Maybe this will get better as people upgrade their to level III? The furthest I've gotten to is down to two waves left. Unfortunately, all we had left to defend was one shield point, and a Chaffee against six enemy Panthers. It did not end well, but hey 1827 more points to go to get the upgraded equipment, so there is that.

Edited by ClutchPin, Jul 26 2019 - 12:02.


Leonus #3 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 12:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19807 battles
  • 582
  • [-KP-] -KP-
  • Member since:
    07-07-2011

View PostTboneOathKeeper, on Jul 26 2019 - 04:48, said:

​Dear World of Tanks ,

​I can only Imagine how much Homefront cost to make.  Sadly ,  It's no better them some Holiday special and should not be considered for a new game mode.  

​PLEASE ........   World of Tanks ,  We are asking for options and choices with PVE.  Allow players to choose there Tanks , Allow players to choose there enemies.  You may charge us "Whatever you must" as far as bullets, repairs, Etc.  Rewards would be a lot less due to it being a PVE mode.  But I feel your missing the whole point of what we are looking for.  

​    A place to go and Have some FUN , Blow Tanks up and not, let me Repeat NOT have all the Raging , Bulling , Teamkilling and all the other Toxic stuff that comes from Random and now Homefront Battles.  Call it whatever you must or put some flashy name on it.  Yet all we are asking for is a place to go and Train , Practice weak spot , Basically just Blowing stuff up without the Chaos.  With this game mode players would be able to really study weak spots , study maps and new spots to go to.  The computer Bots should be adjustable from "Very Easy to Super Unicom".  Choices and Options are never a bad thing for customers.  Your still charging the same amount of money for bullets , repairs ,Etc.  Just think of the Fun you can have with your friends or by yourself.  Take a FV and "Derp" the Hell out of Togs .  Race around in EBR's against E100's.  There are a million different options you could pick.  

    Best part and the whole reason why is .......  "NO BULLING" ,  "RAGING"  or any other Toxic stuff that comes from Random Battles.

​As a Customer that has spent more Money then any other player in this game .  You Promised "New Players"  which as numbers will show has Not Happened nor will it unless changes are made.  Your game Rewards Killing Tanks at any cost.  

​     Honor ,  Teamwork , Leadership are all things to be aspired to be.  Show me a Military that runs on free for all and I will show you a Defeated Army.  Leadership in this game is Non-existent.  Leadership should pay more then Kills.  Make Helping your Team mates pay more the Killing Tanks.  World of Tanks has become XVM inspired UNICOM end all be all and that just sucks.  Over 50 years old , Disabled and enough money to buy any other game in the world and yet I stay here.  Reason , I Love "World of Tanks" and use it as Therapy for all the stresses of the day.  Dam , just calling a Doctor costs $500 per Hour.  Me give me a Big Tank some HE rounds and some computer Bots to Blow up and I will be here for "Life".

   I am sorry for the Bad Grammar and my English.  As I stated , I am Lucky to be alive and every day is a Blessing.  I wish all my Fellow Tankers all the Best and even wish all the Unicoms all the Random battles they want.  But I feel I am not alone when I say , the Bulling and Toxic nature of the game has to end.  

   Thank you and God Bless all my fellow Tankers.

TboneOathKeeper 

 

I wish they brought back downvoting so I could downvote this purely for the grammatical errors... I read the first two 'sentences'. 



ViseGrip #4 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 12:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 47300 battles
  • 314
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011
yea kinda sad when you only got 2 tanks of gas and the next one comes 10 hours later, And HE shells that only pen for 35 hp or no pen at all,,,, Why would you waste your time on that? What?? For some improved equipment that I already got a boat load of already.

Hellsfog #5 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 13:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 38109 battles
  • 6,700
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
I'm not sure "we" wanted PvE at all.

Altwar #6 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 14:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 58289 battles
  • 5,223
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 26 2019 - 04:42, said:

I'm not sure "we" wanted PvE at all.

 

Always "love" the posts that presume to speak for "we", whoever that is.   Certainly not myself.

 

Did one session of Homefront with clanmates and thought it was cool enough, though certainly not preferable to PvP experience.  Still a tip of the cap to Wargaming for continuing to look at different modes and such to keep us entertained and I'll certainly engage in that mode again tonight.



MeMeBigBoi #7 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 15:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 36026 battles
  • 464
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

Im going to guess that because of your huge text, you are a very old or blind person who doesn’t understand how the game works. 

You do not speak for all of us.



Leonus #8 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 06:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19807 battles
  • 582
  • [-KP-] -KP-
  • Member since:
    07-07-2011

View PostMeMeBigBoi, on Jul 26 2019 - 09:31, said:

Im going to guess that because of your huge text, you are a very old or blind person who doesn’t understand how the game works. 

You do not speak for all of us.



Front_Towards_Enemy1 #9 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 22:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 24156 battles
  • 61
  • [MASH] MASH
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013

View PostTboneOathKeeper, on Jul 26 2019 - 03:48, said:

​Dear World of Tanks ,

​I can only Imagine how much Homefront cost to make.  Sadly ,  It's no better them some Holiday special and should not be considered for a new game mode.  

​PLEASE ........   World of Tanks ,  We are asking for options and choices with PVE.  Allow players to choose there Tanks , Allow players to choose there enemies.  You may charge us "Whatever you must" as far as bullets, repairs, Etc.  Rewards would be a lot less due to it being a PVE mode.  But I feel your missing the whole point of what we are looking for.  

​    A place to go and Have some FUN , Blow Tanks up and not, let me Repeat NOT have all the Raging , Bulling , Teamkilling and all the other Toxic stuff that comes from Random and now Homefront Battles.  Call it whatever you must or put some flashy name on it.  Yet all we are asking for is a place to go and Train , Practice weak spot , Basically just Blowing stuff up without the Chaos.  With this game mode players would be able to really study weak spots , study maps and new spots to go to.  The computer Bots should be adjustable from "Very Easy to Super Unicom".  Choices and Options are never a bad thing for customers.  Your still charging the same amount of money for bullets , repairs ,Etc.  Just think of the Fun you can have with your friends or by yourself.  Take a FV and "Derp" the Hell out of Togs .  Race around in EBR's against E100's.  There are a million different options you could pick.  

    Best part and the whole reason why is .......  "NO BULLING" ,  "RAGING"  or any other Toxic stuff that comes from Random Battles.

​As a Customer that has spent more Money then any other player in this game .  You Promised "New Players"  which as numbers will show has Not Happened nor will it unless changes are made.  Your game Rewards Killing Tanks at any cost.  

​     Honor ,  Teamwork , Leadership are all things to be aspired to be.  Show me a Military that runs on free for all and I will show you a Defeated Army.  Leadership in this game is Non-existent.  Leadership should pay more then Kills.  Make Helping your Team mates pay more the Killing Tanks.  World of Tanks has become XVM inspired UNICOM end all be all and that just sucks.  Over 50 years old , Disabled and enough money to buy any other game in the world and yet I stay here.  Reason , I Love "World of Tanks" and use it as Therapy for all the stresses of the day.  Dam , just calling a Doctor costs $500 per Hour.  Me give me a Big Tank some HE rounds and some computer Bots to Blow up and I will be here for "Life".

   I am sorry for the Bad Grammar and my English.  As I stated , I am Lucky to be alive and every day is a Blessing.  I wish all my Fellow Tankers all the Best and even wish all the Unicoms all the Random battles they want.  But I feel I am not alone when I say , the Bulling and Toxic nature of the game has to end.  

   Thank you and God Bless all my fellow Tankers.

TboneOathKeeper 


Not a bad idea.

Make a single player version to learn the tactics and test tanks plus train out crew and " GET GUUD" before going into multiplayer world



BastardSysop #10 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 17:30

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 13167 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-27-2015
I'm enjoying it, its a nice change, and fun.  Except for the tigers killing everyone.  

Hellsfog #11 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 07:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 38109 battles
  • 6,700
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostFront_Towards_Enemy1, on Jul 28 2019 - 16:40, said:


Not a bad idea.

Make a single player version to learn the tactics and test tanks plus train out crew and " GET GUUD" before going into multiplayer world

WG did this exact thing and called it proving grounds. Tier 2 max. Bots on one team, players(usually 1 or 2 only) and bots on the other. The results stopped going into your stats after a small number of battles 10 or 100 or something like that.  It was rarely used except by rerolls who enjoyed puffing their Wn8. If WG brought the game mode back at a higher tier (tier 3 or 4)but with no rewards, no xp, no credits, no inclusion in player stats and ammo costs like in training rooms, I'd be okay with it. 



BadCorps #12 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 00:06

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11925 battles
  • 400
  • Member since:
    07-22-2017

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 31 2019 - 00:06, said:

The results stopped going into your stats after a small number of battles 10 or 100 or something like that

Only the first 10 battles in Proving Ground were counted.



Wormstrand11th #13 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 09:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37857 battles
  • 106
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    07-27-2011

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 30 2019 - 22:06, said:

WG did this exact thing and called it proving grounds. Tier 2 max. Bots on one team, players(usually 1 or 2 only) and bots on the other. The results stopped going into your stats after a small number of battles 10 or 100 or something like that.  It was rarely used except by rerolls who enjoyed puffing their Wn8. If WG brought the game mode back at a higher tier (tier 3 or 4)but with no rewards, no xp, no credits, no inclusion in player stats and ammo costs like in training rooms, I'd be okay with it. 

You may be on to something... kind of...

 

Maybe make the Homefront mode a progressive mode.  As you tier up the AI can get more unpredictable and the rewards can keep increasing.  Kind of like Frontline but vs. the bots. Personally when I started 5 days ago as a tier 1 vs Panthers and Tigers it was hard work, but rewarding to kill and not be killed, and at tier 3 it was sometimes a challenge and sometimes a going through the motions.  TBH at tier 3 when grouped with other 3's in a clan Homefront it was really about the bragging rights for damage. And not screwing up lol cuz you don't want to be the guy sitting it out with waves to go still... 

 

It is an entertaining mode that needs a lot of expansion in concept to make it more viable as a regular game mode.  Expanding the map size as you go up in tier also would be good.  Take it all the way to Grand Battle size at max tier, and increase the team size.  It [Homefront] could be a good trainer for doing clan battles in the end if it was developed more, like a simulator. However without the mode progressing to meet community needs then it will be another niche mode that pops up once in a while that will give out only mediocre rewards that basically just save people the time from grinding something trivial.  



Saint_Metagross #14 Posted Today, 06:15 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26670 battles
  • 796
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostMeMeBigBoi, on Jul 26 2019 - 06:31, said:

Im going to guess that because of your huge text, you are a very old or blind person who doesn’t understand how the game works. 

You do not speak for all of us.

 

Well, goes to show that the only reason you came here was to insult him instead of actually reading, otherwise, you'd notice he did state he is over 50.  And while he doesn't speak for "everyone", he is indeed speaking for those that HAVE and DO ask for a true PVE mode.  Ever since I had found the game back in it's beta times, I have always seen people asking for a PVE mode.  Do not assume that because you have not asked for it, that people are not asking for it.  It has been asked for, countless number of times.  Here on the forums, and elsewhere.  It has been a popular subject to speak of and ask for.  Now, instead of you trolls just trolling, how about you just leave the thread or leave some constructive insight.  Again, he did not say he was speaking for 100% of the player base, but, rather, for those that have been asking for a true PVE mode.

 

View PostAltwar, on Jul 26 2019 - 05:01, said:

 

Always "love" the posts that presume to speak for "we", whoever that is.   Certainly not myself.

 

Did one session of Homefront with clanmates and thought it was cool enough, though certainly not preferable to PvP experience.  Still a tip of the cap to Wargaming for continuing to look at different modes and such to keep us entertained and I'll certainly engage in that mode again tonight.

 

I'll give you a pass unlike the other trolls, only because you did actually say something about the PVE aspect and talked about how you liked (assuming by what you said) that they keep exploring new modes.


Edited by Saint_Metagross, Today, 06:18 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users