Today's update broke my WoT Mac

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

_JohnWick_ #1 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 14:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42105 battles

SO there was an update this morning... 155 mb or so to the wrapper I believe...

installed it and now game doesn't load at all.  Thanks.. well done.

AndrewSledge #2 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 15:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 36169 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
Try loading the game wrapper from the website again and see if that fixes it.

_JohnWick_ #3 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 16:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42105 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Jul 26 2019 - 09:52, said:

Try loading the game wrapper from the website again and see if that fixes it.

How do you do that? I've never done that before.

Did you download it today with no issues?

sureshot47 #4 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 00:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles
Yup,same here. Did a clean reinstall after removing wot entirely. Also tried to download the wrapper,but got a message saying it does not appear to be a valid file/download. Just in time to screw me out of getting the free Tog II. [edited]...

sureshot47 #5 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 00:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles
Game wont load up the log in page.Just get a black screen.You'd think after being in business for many years WG would get it right.Nope.

sureshot47 #6 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 00:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles
Guys,please send in a ticket of your having this issue. I'm pretty pissed about missing the free Tog II YET AGAIN. And it is totally WG's fault. To get the free Tog II one must play EVERY DAY this month and get 7 wins/day.You get a badge and need 30 badges total. There is NO LEEWAY for this update screwup. So now I can't get the free Tog II due to WG's incompetence. PLEASE BE SURE TO SEND IN A TICKET.

MADGUNNERMAURER #7 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 02:21

Private

• Players
  • 16421 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

Same here!!!!

I sent a ticket,,, there response was we don't do the mac updates.

WTH!!!

windowseat74 #8 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 02:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 17578 battles

OP -

I had the same problem as you.  After the update, the game froze and refused to load.  After multiple uninstalls, clean wipes, and reinstalls, I think I might have found a solution that works.  I downloaded the Wargaming Game Center launcher from the World of Warships website and installed it.  Then used the Game Center to install the World of Tanks game client.  Everything seems to be working so far, and I can now log into the game and get into the garage.

For me, installing the Game Center was less than ideal, but whatever works I guess.  Good Luck!

Also, If anyone else was experiencing the same issue as the OP and was able to fix it without installing the Game Center, I would be curious as to how they got WOT up and running.

sureshot47 #9 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 03:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles

View PostMADGUNNERMAURER, on Jul 27 2019 - 02:21, said:

Same here!!!!

I sent a ticket,,, there response was we don't do the mac updates.

WTH!!!

Thats a cop out. It's not like WG sends an advanced copy of updates to codeweavers so they can keep ahead of glitches. WG and WG alone is in charge of when and how updates happen. Therefore any flaw is their problem, and the know it.It's about time thew owned their screw ups with regards to Mac play.

sureshot47 #10 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 04:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles

View Postwindowseat74, on Jul 27 2019 - 02:31, said:

OP -

I had the same problem as you.  After the update, the game froze and refused to load.  After multiple uninstalls, clean wipes, and reinstalls, I think I might have found a solution that works.  I downloaded the Wargaming Game Center launcher from the World of Warships website and installed it.  Then used the Game Center to install the World of Tanks game client.  Everything seems to be working so far, and I can now log into the game and get into the garage.

For me, installing the Game Center was less than ideal, but whatever works I guess.  Good Luck!

Also, If anyone else was experiencing the same issue as the OP and was able to fix it without installing the Game Center, I would be curious as to how they got WOT up and running.

Thanks for that! I'm giving it a go.

sureshot47 #11 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 04:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles
Nope,cant seem to install it.

sureshot47 #12 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 04:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 46919 battles

What are all your mac operting systems? I've been using High Sierra,as osx made my mac slow done,but maybe I now need to install osx because of the last update.

AceofBlackDirt #13 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 14:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7141 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The latest up date crashed my system - MacOs .  Did every kind of relinstall possible . I think the wrapper need to be updated . 

Has anyone installed the BOOT Camp and was it successful ? It is supported by Apple and so if we have probs we  have a starting point.

T0101T #14 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 17:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Game doesn't load

T0101T #15 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 17:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

And Wargaming doesn't care. They always say: It's aux team did the port so we don't support mac port! Nice, isn't it? So no chance for support here.

I suggest to place your requests directly to codeweavers. Probably they will do smh. 

https://www.codeweav...anks?msg=217834

T0101T #16 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 17:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostAceofBlackDirt, on Jul 27 2019 - 14:57, said:

The latest up date crashed my system - MacOs .  Did every kind of relinstall possible . I think the wrapper need to be updated . 

Has anyone installed the BOOT Camp and was it successful ? It is supported by Apple and so if we have probs we  have a starting point.

Will not help. But hare is instruction for it: https://www.codeweav...ld-of-tanks-mac

black_colt #17 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 17:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View PostAceofBlackDirt, on Jul 27 2019 - 05:57, said:

I am running the latest version of macOS [macOS 10.14.6] and have NO issues with World of Tanks with the Wargaming Game Center.  I also have MS Windows installed through the Boot Camp Assistant and have no issues with the game when running MS Windows natively with the Wargaming Game Center.

Sounds like you need to completely remove the WoT Mac Wrapper.  Here are the steps from CodeWeavers on how to do this:

Finder > Go > Home > Documents

Delete the WoT alias folder

Next go to Finder > (while holding down the 'Options' key click) Library > Application Support

Delete the World of Tanks folder

Then go back up a level, into the Preferences folder, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.plist

Then go back up a level, into Saved Application State, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.savedState

Then go back up a level, into Caches and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks folder

Finally go to your Applications folder and delete the World of Tanks app icon. Reboot your machine.

Go to the World of Tanks webpage and download the latest wrapper - DO NOT USE ANY PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED WRAPPER.

Double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper to the Applications folder. Eject the DMG

If this does not work then you will need to download the Wargaming Game Center [which is what I use].

As for Apple supporting World of Tanks just because you used the Boot Camp Assistant - they will not support you as the issue is with a non-Apple produced app.  You will need to raise a Support Ticket with Wargaming.

Remember what OS you are running - macOS [which is only supported by the community through this Forum] OR MS Windows [which is supported]. So do not tell them you are using a Mac rather tell them you are running MS Windows.

black_colt #18 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View PostT0101T, on Jul 27 2019 - 08:15, said:

And Wargaming doesn't care. They always say: It's aux team did the port so we don't support mac port! Nice, isn't it? So no chance for support here.

I suggest to place your requests directly to codeweavers. Probably they will do smh. 

https://www.codeweav...anks?msg=217834

Wargaming does care as they spent the money to have CodeWeavers produce the WoT Mac Wrapper for them.  To be clear - Wargaming did not produce the WoT Mac Wrapper CodeWeavers did.

What Wargaming does not do is clearly call out that they do not support the WoT Mac Wrapper.  I have suggested on the Forum multiple times that Wargaming require a click-through - e.g., By downloading this app you understand that Wargaming does not directly support the app.  Please contact CodeWeavers or the dedicated Community Forum. - where you need to click on [Accept] and the download with proceed - OR - [Not Accept] and the download will not proceed.

Wargaming has many other issues that they need to work closely with CodeWeavers.

Wargaming does not appear to quickly review and approve patches from CodeWeavers. 

IIRC, the WoT Mac Wrapper is based on a 32-bit MS Windows XP bottle.  Wargaming announced that they do not support MS Windows XP anymore.

The final challenge will be what changes need to be made to the Wargaming Game Center Wrapper - since the game is 32-bit and requires 32-bit libraries to run - and macOS Catalina which does not allow 32-bit code to run.

IIRC CodeWeavers will be releasing a beta version of CrossOver that will run 32-bit MS Windows apps on macOS Catalina.  I have not seen it yet and will definitely testing it when it is released since I am part of CodeWeavers Beta Program and the Public Test Program for macOS Catalina.

Edited by black_colt, Jul 27 2019 - 18:23.

black_colt #19 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 4225 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 27 2019 - 08:43, said:

I am running the latest version of macOS [macOS 10.14.6] and have NO issues with World of Tanks with the Wargaming Game Center.  I also have MS Windows installed through the Boot Camp Assistant and have no issues with the game when running MS Windows natively with the Wargaming Game Center.

Sounds like you need to completely remove the WoT Mac Wrapper.  Here are the steps from CodeWeavers on how to do this:

Finder > Go > Home > Documents

Delete the WoT alias folder

Next go to Finder > (while holding down the 'Options' key click) Library > Application Support

Delete the World of Tanks folder

Then go back up a level, into the Preferences folder, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.plist

Then go back up a level, into Saved Application State, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.savedState

Then go back up a level, into Caches and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks folder

Finally go to your Applications folder and delete the World of Tanks app icon. Reboot your machine.

Go to the World of Tanks webpage and download the latest wrapper - DO NOT USE ANY PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED WRAPPER.

Double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper to the Applications folder. Eject the DMG

If this does not work then you will need to download the Wargaming Game Center [which is what I use].

As for Apple supporting World of Tanks just because you used the Boot Camp Assistant - they will not support you as the issue is with a non-Apple produced app.  You will need to raise a Support Ticket with Wargaming.

Remember what OS you are running - macOS [which is only supported by the community through this Forum] OR MS Windows [which is supported]. So do not tell them you are using a Mac rather tell them you are running MS Windows.

If the above does not work - try using the Wargaming Game Center Wrapper.

Here is the link - https://wows.gcdn.co...ggamecenter.dmg

T0101T #20 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 27 2019 - 18:17, said:

If the above does not work - try using the Wargaming Game Center Wrapper.

Here is the link - https://wows.gcdn.co...ggamecenter.dmg

As I mentioned above - that doesn't seem to work. Even on OSX High Sierra 10.13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users