Today's update broke my WoT Mac

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

AceofBlackDirt #41 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 19:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7341 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

There is a difference. It is clear but never stated that wrapper on the game center is and has been updated.

From now on I am only going to update via the version containing the wrapper from the Wargame Center .

I suspect someone got to Codeweavers and got them to do it.

And it has never announced . But it is a genuine update , even the writing on the store pages is working. 

Wargaming states that they provide a MacOS wrapper , but are silent on the nature of support or currency relative to there release schedule of the main game.

That is very curious . If you have annoyed customers and then you have a fix , why not tell people?

Any way we are back in business.

_JohnWick_ #42 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 19:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42442 battles

So do I need to uninstall everything first before installing the wargaming center wrapper?

I'm installing it now and it's a 13gb + download, does that mean i will have 2 separate versions of the game installed?

AceofBlackDirt #43 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 19:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7341 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

To be on the safe side I would and did back everything out , by following the uninstall instructions.

I can say that works for sure.

_JohnWick_ #44 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 19:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42442 battles
I must be stupid as [edited]... cuz I dont even see the Library on the 2nd step of deleting the game...

sureshot47 #45 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 01:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47292 battles
So this is not the first time an update has knocked me off the game for a week or more,and despite following instructions explicitly the game still is dead. So I'm super tempted by boot camp and a windows installation.After all logic dictates that it would be less trouble than a third party wrapper. BUT>>>I wonder if there would be any potential problems going this route? Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences? Help me out fellas..

8TrackTape #46 Posted Aug 03 2019 - 02:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5328 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 30 2019 - 15:50, said:

Not having any issues when running the WG Game Center Wrapper with World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes on my CTO 2015 27-inch iMac Retina, 32GB RAM, AMD RADEON R9 M395x running macOS 10.14.6.

Do not recommend skipping any WoT Mac Wrapper updates - they are there for a reason.

Just want to add my 2 cents to this. I think with the 1.5 update, WoT started noticeably crashing more often and I was suddenly having issues with stupidly low frame rates around 5fps. I was going to go the Bootcamp route, but for some reason, I've been having issues trying to partition my drive with Bootcamp (I've applied all the OS updates and whatnot and think I might need to do a clean install for it to work right). Not wanting the hassle of reinstalling everything, I downloaded the Wargaming.net Game Center from the Word of Warships site to see what would happen.

The installation went smoothly (even let me install the HD client) and I've been playing with all my settings on High. So far, so good.

--

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), running 10.14.6 

sureshot47 #47 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 04:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47292 battles

View Post8TrackTape, on Aug 03 2019 - 02:57, said:

Just want to add my 2 cents to this. I think with the 1.5 update, WoT started noticeably crashing more often and I was suddenly having issues with stupidly low frame rates around 5fps. I was going to go the Bootcamp route, but for some reason, I've been having issues trying to partition my drive with Bootcamp (I've applied all the OS updates and whatnot and think I might need to do a clean install for it to work right). Not wanting the hassle of reinstalling everything, I downloaded the Wargaming.net Game Center from the Word of Warships site to see what would happen.

The installation went smoothly (even let me install the HD client) and I've been playing with all my settings on High. So far, so good.

--

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), running 10.14.6 

Can you please provide the link for the gaming center from world of warships? I am still dead in the water.Upgraded to Mohave,still nothing.

GuillotineSpirit #48 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 16:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18244 battles
  • [__G__] __G__

View Post_JohnWick_, on Jul 30 2019 - 19:18, said:

I must be stupid as [edited]... cuz I dont even see the Library on the 2nd step of deleting the game...

While selecting the Go menu { Finder   File   Edit   View   Go   Window   Help  }  press your option key and the Library option will show up on the list (it is hidden until you use the option key) 6th from top between Home and Computer.

8TrackTape #49 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 15:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5328 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postsureshot47, on Aug 05 2019 - 04:59, said:

Can you please provide the link for the gaming center from world of warships? I am still dead in the water.Upgraded to Mohave,still nothing.

Go here and click the download link: https://worldofwarsh...n/content/game/

I want to add that my opinion of Game Center has soured quite a bit. I made my initial post after playing only 5 games. I put in a few more longer sessions and started getting messages that my video card had crashed. Fortunately, Game Center restarts quickly, but it got to the point where I was restarting the client after every second game, even with lower graphics settings. For me, I think the game is unplayable on a Mac right now unless you run it using Bootcamp.

sureshot47 #50 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 04:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47292 battles

View Post8TrackTape, on Aug 06 2019 - 15:09, said:

Go here and click the download link: https://worldofwarsh...n/content/game/

I want to add that my opinion of Game Center has soured quite a bit. I made my initial post after playing only 5 games. I put in a few more longer sessions and started getting messages that my video card had crashed. Fortunately, Game Center restarts quickly, but it got to the point where I was restarting the client after every second game, even with lower graphics settings. For me, I think the game is unplayable on a Mac right now unless you run it using Bootcamp.

Yea I was thinking of going the bootcamp route. But after 46k battles I'm not very motivated to put up with all the bs anymore. Haven't done anything other than uninstall everything.

sureshot47 #51 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 21:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47292 battles
So if I were to go the whole bootcamp route,install windows etc is there anything undesireable about having 2 operating systems? Can it all be undone/uninstalled if I dont like it?Is there a free windows 10 I can download?

8TrackTape #52 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 00:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5328 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postsureshot47, on Aug 09 2019 - 21:07, said:

So if I were to go the whole bootcamp route,install windows etc is there anything undesireable about having 2 operating systems? Can it all be undone/uninstalled if I dont like it?Is there a free windows 10 I can download?

Bootcamp in my experience has been pain-free. Macs tend to play nice with OS X and Windows and Linux. Booting back and forth may be a pain depending on how you use your Mac or how often you play WoT. I mentioned earlier that I had trouble creating a Bootcamp partition, but that was solved by re-installing Mojave. Also, make sure you create a large enough partition that is at least over 100 GB. Windows 10 uses about 30 GB and the HD version of WoT is around 60 GB.

If you don't like having two OSs, you can use Bootcamp to delete the Windows partition. Just run Bootcamp and follow the instructions. Of course, always make sure you have a full backup of your Mac just in case something goes wrong. Otherwise, the whole process is pretty simple and stress-free.;)

Edited by 8TrackTape, Aug 10 2019 - 19:16.

Atarian9 #53 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 22:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 3683 battles

Im now getting the Game Center to shut down on me before the game can even launch...

sureshot47 #54 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 04:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47292 battles
Just thought I's let you all know.Downloaded the gaming center version,it worked well enough. But it's currently updating so could be right back to being locked out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users