So happy about PVE Mode....And then WG Messes it Up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Gargoyle_UR #1 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 18:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23063 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

Jumped on last night with my buddy to try out this new PVE mode. First game was fun and enjoyable.

Second game....not so much.

We just started so we are both Tier 1 and the game mode put us with someone who was Tier 3 which means we had to go up against tanks that were impossible to pen, and even if you do pen on the flank, you do so little damage. AND the attacking tanks can just one shot you. What the hell War Gaming. How you do [edited]this up? 

I swear...its like you actively go out of your way to take great things and mess them up.

An_old_slow_guy #2 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 18:51

Captain

• Players
  • 62368 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
You always get the same tanks in the same rotation, match after match.  The level of tanks that's on your team does not determine the type of advancing tanks. Just means you'll probably reach a higher level with tougher tanks.

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 52943 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Jul 26 2019 - 12:51, said:

You always get the same tanks in the same rotation, match after match.  The level of tanks that's on your team does not determine the type of advancing tanks. Just means you'll probably reach a higher level with tougher tanks.

You have to face more waves of tanks. When everyone is level 1, its only 4 waves you need to beat. If even one person is level 2 it becomes 7 waves of enemies you have to beat. If even one person is level 3 you will face 10 waves of enemies.

pickpocket293 #4 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34456 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Edited by pickpocket293, Jul 26 2019 - 19:01.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 30858 battles

Basically, by allowing the mixing of levels of players, the higher level players end up 'sandbagging' a match for the most points as well, because they get the lion's share of points/damage as they do have higher level tanks at their command.

I played 4 times so far, just trying to see how it looks, feels, plays.  Meh.  It can be hard when you are too aggressive, the bots are not THAT stupid, but if you apply yourself to surviving and popping them as often as possible, you can last a good long while, especially as compared to meeting up against even a quarter of the number of real players.

Not happy with how they divided Prokharovka or Studzianki (the only two maps I've seen) either.

Then there's that whole 'Fuel' thing.

Seriously, War Gaming.  What.  The.  Hell?  

Imagine doing something like this for Chaffee Races or the Dark Matter Event for Hallowe'en?  This purposely limiting method UNLESS YOU EXPEND GOLD for what amounts to a Demonstration Mode of PvE Play is like that 14 year old kid at your new friend's house waving that gun around and saying, "Don't worry, it's not loaded."  BAM!  It usually ends badly.  I think this is one of those times.  You can't play it often enough to even get a feel for it without waiting and playing a few games a day for three or four days.  By then it's over.

Will I spend gold to make sure I get the full experience of a Demo Mode?  Not just, "No," but, "HELL NO!"  Why in the world would I spend Gold on a demo mode you want to test out on us?

If I can, I'll play it a bit more, but at the moment I am as unwhelmed as I thought I might be and marginally disappointed as this Mode is such a tripped up affair of what can only be called, at their politest, serious errors of judgment.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jul 26 2019 - 19:13.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56261 battles

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jul 26 2019 - 18:40, said:

Jumped on last night with my buddy to try out this new PVE mode. First game was fun and enjoyable.

We just started so we are both Tier 1 and the game mode put us with someone who was Tier 3 which means we had to go up against tanks that were impossible to pen, and even if you do pen on the flank, you do so little damage. AND the attacking tanks can just one shot you. What the hell War Gaming. How you do [edited]this up? 

I swear...its like you actively go out of your way to take great things and mess them up.

But WG are looking out for you.  You can "purchase your way to tier 3 and have a much more comfortable game".  WG are trying their best to become EA, the most hated game company in the world.  

It's a pay2win mode designed to be grindy and hard unless you spend money.  Even then it's going to be a challenge for majority of players to complete.  

The lesson to learn here is:

1) Don't trust WG to make a fun mode that isn't pay2win anymore

2) Don't give WG anymore of your hard earned money

If more people did this then WG would learn that they cant get away with this trash concept and wouldn't try it.

View Postdunniteowl, on Jul 26 2019 - 19:13, said:

Basically, by allowing the mixing of levels of players, the higher level players end up 'sandbagging' a match for the most points as well, because they get the lion's share of points/damage as they do have higher level tanks at their command.

I played 4 times so far, just trying to see how it looks, feels, plays.  Meh.  It can be hard when you are too aggressive, the bots are not THAT stupid, but if you apply yourself to surviving and popping them as often as possible, you can last a good long while, especially as compared to meeting up against even a quarter of the number of real players.

Not happy with how they divided Prokharovka or Studzianki (the only two maps I've seen) either.

Imagine doing something like this for Chaffee Races or the Dark Matter Event for Hallowe'en?  This purposely limiting method UNLESS YOU EXPEND GOLD for what amounts to a Demonstration Mode of PvE Play is like that 14 year old kid at your new friend's house waving that gun around and saying, "Don't worry, it's not loaded."  BAM!  It usually ends badly.  I think this is one of those times.  You can't play it often enough to even get a feel for it without waiting and playing a few games a day for three or four days.  By then it's over.

Will I spend gold to make sure I get the full experience of a Demo Mode?  Not just, "No," but, "HELL NO!"  Why in the world would I spend Gold on a demo mode you want to test out on us?

If I can, I'll play it a bit more, but at the moment I am as unwhelmed as I thought I might be and marginally disappointed as this Mode is such a tripped up affair of what can only be called, at their politest, serious errors of judgment.

OvO

You better believe WG are watching closely to see how many actually spend the gold and or money to rank up immediately and if enough do...you damn well better expect next halloween to have a similar mechanic.

This company has made hundreds of millions of dollars and this is what took them so long to create and release...let that sink in.  THIS is what we get after all this testing and creating and hundreds of millions of dollars. 

We'll have another pay2win premium in the shop before long though...so there's that...   /s

Stormer100 #7 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15781 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View Postdunniteowl, on Jul 26 2019 - 18:13, said:

OvO

I just saw a bot stare at me (while I was in cover) as a teammate shot him for a solid 10 seconds before he reacted in any way...

Darkbee2Bee #8 Posted Jul 26 2019 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 36085 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostStormer100, on Jul 26 2019 - 13:42, said:

I just saw a bot stare at me (while I was in cover) as a teammate shot him for a solid 10 seconds before he reacted in any way...

Sounds a lot like bots in pub matches.

headstash #9 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 00:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 32998 battles
  • [419] 419

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jul 26 2019 - 11:40, said:

you somehow thought wargaming was gonna introduce something new to the game without phucking it up.... i'm more surprised by your reaction lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users