Fair play-Fair pay?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FPTootles #1 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 02:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2121 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

I've been thinking about the enjoyment I've received playing WoT since last October.  While I know one can (and I have been) playing for free, and I know that Wargaming isn't losing sleep over that fact; I've been considering paying into the system for a certain dollar range, say $35-$50 which is what I would normally pay for any I game I've played in the past.  I've spent about $8 on the deal for the 10 garage slots already, so I'm looking at at least another $27.

I've really only been on the forums since June, so if this topic is a dead horse, or needs to be posted elsewhere, by all means disregard it.

Otherwise, I'm looking for input on:

1)The stated range I'm intending to spend

2)Suggestions on best use.  I thought the garage slots were a good deal.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

FPTootles

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 03:08

Major

• Players
  • 38781 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Maybe a tier 6 premium tank and some premium time. That way you can train a crew and make some decent silver.

Eeveelutions #3 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 03:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13912 battles

get a t-34-85m + gold to save for free xp event and you'll be good

Ken_McGuire #4 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 03:41

Captain

• Players
  • 31919 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

Garage slots are quite useful when you are starting. I bought some when I was starting too. But I can't remember the last time I actually bought some instead of just getting free ones from in game missions.

Blockupstudio's advice above is quite good. But often the best deal on "stuff" for real money is the Holiday boxes of the last few years. While there is more than a bit of randomness to them, it is generally a quite good deal, even just in the "gold" you get. And then try to buy stuff with gold when it is on sale :) And missions like TankRewards can be a good way to collect mid-tier premiums just for playing the game.

bad_73 #5 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 04:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1574 battles
Dont really need garage slots as you should remember,the more tanks you have the slower the crews grow in experience.In the past wg has given enough free slots so as to have as many as needed.Some gold for demounting as you go thru the tiers is all you need.Stay away from premium ammo and consumables and you can play cheap.Use premium consumables and play expensive.

tod914 #6 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 04:40

Major

• Players
  • 65419 battles
If your considering spending money on the game, your best bang for the buck is the Christmas loot boxes.

ChaseR392 #7 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 04:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9122 battles

I would spend the amount you are intending to spend of premium time and not on a solitary premium tank.

Premium time will net you more credits and Xp for every single battle.

And the 5 daily Xp boosters you get with premium time will help you move faster into mid tiers of tech tree tanks.... which will boost credit earning even more.

You may find yourself tiring of playing one specific premium tank.

Hellsfog #8 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 38333 battles

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Jul 29 2019 - 21:22, said:

get a t-34-85m + gold to save for free xp event and you'll be good

I'd go with this ^

View PostChaseR392, on Jul 29 2019 - 22:43, said:

I would spend the amount you are intending to spend of premium time and not on a solitary premium tank.

Premium time will net you more credits and Xp for every single battle.

And the 5 daily Xp boosters you get with premium time will help you move faster into mid tiers of tech tree tanks.... which will boost credit earning even more.

You may find yourself tiring of playing one specific premium tank.

It's true but premium time will run out while a premium tank is yours until they turn off the server. For the money, he'll get two month-ish of premium time then he's got nothing. If he was going to keep premium time going while he was playing, you're idea would be better. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Jul 30 2019 - 05:04.

Roggg2 #9 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 14:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 22340 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

IMO, if you can afford it, a decent tier 8 prem is always a good purchase.  The credits you can earn in one is very significant compared to non-premium tanks, and you will have it forever.  Tier 8 is MUCH better for credit grinding than any other premium tier.  

Another way to go, if you can wait, is to wait for the holiday event, and spend everything you want to spend for the year on loot boxes in the holiday event.  Loot boxes at WOT are not like in other games.  The value you get out of them is statistically much higher than buying the contents, even if you get unlucky.

MiddleAgedNoob #10 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 15:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18690 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostFPTootles, on Jul 29 2019 - 20:55, said:

I've been thinking about the enjoyment I've received playing WoT since last October.  While I know one can (and I have been) playing for free, and I know that Wargaming isn't losing sleep over that fact; I've been considering paying into the system for a certain dollar range, say $35-$50 which is what I would normally pay for any I game I've played in the past.  I've spent about $8 on the deal for the 10 garage slots already, so I'm looking at at least another $27.

I've really only been on the forums since June, so if this topic is a dead horse, or needs to be posted elsewhere, by all means disregard it.

Otherwise, I'm looking for input on:

1)The stated range I'm intending to spend

2)Suggestions on best use.  I thought the garage slots were a good deal.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

FPTootles

There is lots of good advice above, but I think at least part of the answer is going to be: it depends.  If you play a lot, and frequently, WG runs a lot of events that will result in your earning boosters, consumables, a day or two of premium time and premium vehicles.  Some of those premium vehicles have been very good, but have required a significant time commitment to get, in the case of the EBR 75, it was the equivalent of a full time job.  Bottom line, if you play a lot, you can gain some of what you would otherwise pay for, for free.  In which case, you'd want to spend your money on those things you cannot get in game, the biggest of which is gold.  As others have said, the best deal for gold (and everything else) comes from buying loot boxes at Christmas.  

If, on the other hand, you are a more casual player, than the advice on premium vehicles and premium time is where I would go.

GLHF

FPTootles #11 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2121 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

Some very good food for thought here from all of you.  Thanks very much and feel free to keep it coming.

FPT

FPTootles #12 Posted Sep 14 2019 - 19:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2121 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

Well I gone and dun it!  Spent money on Gold using old gift cards and then bought me an old Lowe.  I started another thread asking how to fit it out the best way, "Low$ gift cards buys Lowe"

Will wait for the (maybe a long time it seems) for an equipment sale to outfit it.  But I sure do appreciate all the advice.  Got four days premium time spending money on the starter packages since they basically throw that in for what the gold would cost.  Gave me an extra garage slot too!

Now I can get in a little bit of frontline time as well.  And I might do okay the first two days or so while everyone else is learning the map along with me.

Thanks again everyone, Isure appreciate the advice and help.  GL&HF

FPT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users