Game won't launch after last patch (macOS)

Launcher macOS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Panzerabteilung #1 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 04:50

Private

• Players
  • 18704 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

After the last patch (24th?) my WoT client won't run. I hit the play button and the screen goes black and does nothing else. I've uninstalled, deleted all the old files and did a fresh install still the loading screen just turns black and hangs. I've tried run in safe mode, and in integrity check and still the same result. Anyone else having macOS issues after the most recent patch? 

Oh I'm not running any add ons like XVM.

Thanks,

xrays_ #2 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 07:06

Major

• Players
  • 52642 battles

I experienced the same thing, but have also been having minor glitches with the MacOS client recently anyway, so just assumed it was a continuation of those problems. I didn't go any further than that, and simply booted into Windows (I have a custom-built dual-boot PC) to play the game as I do most of the time anyway. I hope they remedy this situation soon, as it is nice to have a running copy of the game while I'm operating in MacOS, and it does keep a small number of other people playing as well.

Moving forward, I would suggest you use BootCamp to install a copy of Windows 7 or 10 so you can run the game natively, as you will gain at least 25% more performance and a more streamlined experience for your game. The full Windows install is far more stable (though still not perfect), and allows better mod integration, should you want it. Every Mac released since 2006 has the capability to install Windows via the BootCamp operation, and if your hardware is capable of running the game in MacOS, you will definitely be able to run it smoother natively on Windows. If you are inexperienced with Windows, ask a friend to help you, as it doesn't take much to get it working and keep it safe.

x.

windowseat74 #3 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 07:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 18089 battles
Had the same issue.  I had to do a complete uninstall of WOT and then install using the Wargaming Game Center that I downloaded from the World of Warships website.  Next I installed the WOT client from within the WGGC.  Haven't had any issues since then.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Panzerabteilung #4 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:50

Private

• Players
  • 18704 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Thanks! I have been playing on macOS for a long long time and just pull the .dmg installer from the main WoT site and have been fine. I never bothered with a dual boot or even going to the Wargaming Game Center and trying that. I'm not sure I want to go through all this again just to see if it works. I've done 2 full complete uninstalls and have not got anywhere. Meanwhile my premium account is clicking away... 

WoT support is pretty lame. They have made enough $$$ to be able to fully support macOS. It's probably not enough player base to bother though. 

Dpip #5 Posted Aug 03 2019 - 23:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 17665 battles
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
I've had the same frustrations! I followed windowseat74's advice by deleting and then reinstalling from a different source, World of Warships, and IT WORKED. The .dmg download process seemed much more fluid than the WOT link. I tried several different methods and this is the only solution that worked for me.

Link I used: https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/

Thanks for raising this issue. 

ianlewisz #6 Posted Aug 05 2019 - 10:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostPanzerabteilung, on Jul 30 2019 - 04:50, said:

After the last patch (24th?) my WoT client won't run. I hit the play button and the screen goes black and does nothing else. I've uninstalled, deleted all the old files and did a fresh install still the loading screen just turns black and hangs. I've tried run in basketball legends safe mode, and in integrity check and still the same result. Anyone else having macOS issues after the most recent patch? 

Oh I'm not running any add ons like XVM.

Thanks,

The same issue here. I hope they remedy this issue soon.

Edited by ianlewisz, Aug 05 2019 - 10:01.

Also tagged with Launcher, macOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users