Homefront Bots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BadCorps #1 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 06:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12027 battles

The bots in Homefront need some work. I've played tons of different games (Unreal Tournament, POSTAL 2, Delta Force for examples) where the bots don't completely rely on their damage but their versatility and "intelligence". The Homefront bots are mostly stupid, but have two strengths. Sheer numbers and high alphas.

Due to the lack of separation of high division levels from lower ones, I got to see the 10 wave force (as a division level 1). There was only a single level 3 player on our team, the rest was mostly 1 and I believe a 2 (but I'm not sure about that).

Having a 50 alpha sucks and combined with enemies that can knock you with a 135 or 240 alpha in a single shot is unfair. With a 2 second reload and an enemy with 1000 health. It would take ~20 shots to take out said enemy w/ a 50 alpha. 2s x 20 shots = 40s of non-stop firing (provided that every shell goes through and does the alpha or higher).

Next, the sheer numbers. One of the waves of enemies (at the maximum difficulty) consists of a Blitzkreig w/ 4-5 Luchs and some Pz III Es and some Pz III Ks and I believe some StuGs. It is too easy to be overwhelmed, especially with a lower division vehicle and resistance is basically futile. If 2-3 (full health) Luchs start pumping shells into you, you're done for. Unless you can manage to ammo rack them in single shots, you cannot do enough damage fast enough.

Make the game mode more fun instead of just giving the bots high damage, make them adapt.

xrays_ #2 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 06:58

Major

• Players
  • 52168 battles

What's worse is the bots don't follow the expected mechanics for spotting as per every other form of battle in this game; I have been spotted through multiple bushes without even firing my gun, and I have been focused down and followed after a ten (or more) second reprieve from being possibly spotted. Basically, the bots are (by definition) cheating.

However, even with all that, they are still quite easy to take down if you "play them" right. You must spot them, get them to turn their turrets (and/or hulls), and allow your team to take them out while you continue to distract them. I play mostly the Crusader, which has no Premium shells, and I can penetrate every single enemy tank frontally if I land a properly aimed shell, and I can also penetrate consistently if I am able to hit their sides or rears, which is how you deal with them. The sheer numbers do pose a tactical threat, but again, you can get a small group to turn around and delay their progression, which allows you to deal with imminent threats first, which is pretty much how to play this game anyway.

Yes, the game mode needs some serious work but I find it entertaining enough to play as it is, hoping that a future revision will at least attempt to minimize the mistakes.

- forcing Level I players to fight battles they absolutely can't win only makes everyone lose

- bots that circumvent the pre-existing game mechanics are infuriating

- maps were not fully tested (Sand River is horrendously broken in this mode)

I'm sure there are more issues, but all have easy fixes for a reputable gaming company... I do seriously doubt WarGaming will actually fix them, however, because they mess up practically everything they ever produce and then proceed to claim it works perfectly.

x.

BadCorps #3 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 08:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12027 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jul 29 2019 - 23:58, said:

- forcing Level I players to fight battles they absolutely can't win only makes everyone lose

+ having to deal with bombing raids while puttering around in a Matilda or a Valentine

the_dude_76 #4 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 34077 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBadCorps, on Jul 30 2019 - 01:05, said:

View Postxrays_, on Jul 29 2019 - 23:58, said:

+ having to deal with bombing raids while puttering around in a Matilda or a Valentin

+ not getting equal credit for spotting damage. Spotting early from the front is the way to win but the way to get the top spot on your team is to sit in the back and let everyone else do the spotting. When 4 are sitting on or behind the green line the entire battle it is a loss far more often than not because the game encourages you to sit in the back and farm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users