25 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 16:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3882 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

WoT Festival Deployed!

Here to celebrate the 9th anniversary for World of Tanks. Starting on 7Aug.

Check out the spiffy custom Dog Tags you can create so your enemies know who smoked them. 

Edited by KRZYBooP, Aug 01 2019 - 16:44.

Matross #2 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 17:02

Captain

• Players
  • 32740 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Looks like... grinding missions to complete dog-tags, so we can get access to the festival shop we go~

Scorpiany #3 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 17:55

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36872 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

This looks like quite possibly the most mediocre set of anniversary events / missions we've ever seen. It honestly seems like more effort went towards the marketing, then actually planning out the events.

Let's break it down, skipping past the marketing BS and discussing what each event actually appears to be.

Dog Tags: A very simple form of customization that just changes the "Destroyed by" screen you see after you get killed. For those who have post-mortem disabled in the settings, they will never even see this. For those that don't, it's nothing other than a simple visual change on your destruction screen. While extra customization is cool, this is being far over-hyped in the marketing material as something more special than it actual is. This changes practically nothing for the vast majority of players.

Czech Holidays: A mediocre daily set of missions that will feel like just a different kind of "On Track" mission. Whether it's a completely separate game mode (which is highly unlikely) or just an "event" with a set of missions is unclear, but let's be real here. Whenever WG says "simple" missions, you know it's going to be some of the most mind-numbing missions imaginable, that you won't have to use your brain for. Most likely will be along the lines of "Play 5 battles being Top 10."

The fact that they're trying to say "captivating" almost comes across as an insult to their playerbase. WG's "simple" missions have never captivated the attention of anyone, except for maybe the pesky fly that keeps buzzing around that you can't get rid of.

Frontline Episode 7: It's Frontlines... What it has to do with WG's anniversary celebration, I have no idea. Everyone knows Frontline was going to make a return.

Steel Hunter: The fact that the marketing image is of two stock KV-1's paired up against a Tiger 1 sounds very familiar, doesn't it? Almost like Homefront all over again. Considering how grindy and boring Homefront becomes, I have zero enthusiasm towards this game event. Who knows, maybe it will be better... But considering it's launching less than a month after the end of Homefront? I doubt anything will have improved or be better about it.

Edit: It's been pointed out that the KV-1's have a T-43 hull, rather than the normal KV variant hulls. Possible it will be more interesting than what we've seen so far? Nonetheless, we'll have to see, and given the poor track record of similar game modes, my reservations will remain until we get more information.

Festival Calendar: It's just Premium tanks on sale. Don't get your hopes up. Same thing as the "Advent Calendar" that comes around during Christmas time. If you've been wanting to buy some Premiums, then maybe there will be some good deals, but that's all what it is... Premium tanks on sale at a discount.

Frontline Episode 8: Come on WG, you're not even trying. Again, this has nothing to do with a "tank festival" or "WG's anniversary". Only special thing about it is that you can finally redeem the top rewards for your prestige points, but again... What does this have to do with the "anniversary celebration"? Absolutely nothing.

Tank Races: FINALLY something to look forward to! In developer interviews, WG had mentioned several times that they were working on creating a new game mode similar to the old Chaffee races. If the Tank Races are anywhere near as fun as the old Chaffee races were, then it doesn't matter what the rewards are, it should just be a very fun event to play in. I genuinely loved the old Chaffee races, as did most people when they first came around.

I just have to wonder what the maps / tank selection will be like for the game mode, but as long as they kept the basic principle the same from the Chaffee races, and just expanded upon it, this should be by far the most fun thing we'll have seen in the game for the past 2+ years.

So, there we go. It's a whole bunch of nothing for the "anniversary celebration". Nothing to be excited for. And, based on the event calendar, we're not even getting consumable / equipment sales either.

The whole "Tank Festival" comes across as a sloppily put together set of mediocre "nothing" events. More effort was placed into the graphics design / webpage design for the event, than the actual event itself. It's almost an insult to the playerbase to be honest. The fact that they had to place both episodes of Frontlines in there as though it was a part of a "special" celebration, should really show just how little substance there actually is to the whole "Tank Festival" BS they're pushing out here.

HOWEVER, Tank Races are something to look forwards to. Unfortunately it's the last thing in the whole 2-month long ordeal, and frankly doesn't seem like it's related to the rest of the "event" at all. Tank Races are really its own separate game mode that I truly believe the vast majority of the playerbase will enjoy playing and should look forwards to. Sadly, it's the only thing to look forwards to here, but damn if it hasn't been anticipated for years now. PogChamp.

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 01 2019 - 23:44.

cavalry11 #4 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 18:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49405 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

Agrred it sounds like a bust

makalu2k6 #5 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68281 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

You are right on Scorpiany. Wondering the same. All I can think of is WG is trying to sell over powered premium tanks and along the way you will have your mind numbing crappy missions like be on top 10 for x number of games and I will through you a small repair kit for it. 

Let's race and have some fun. Other than that everything else seems like same as usual.  

_CrimsonPaladin_ #6 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 19:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20677 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

only thing worth wild is tank races and the dog tags.

Festival Calendar <---- if they are including the clan wars reward tanks and death star, if not this feature is worthless.

if they do include them, shut up and take my 130 bucks.

shadismad #7 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 20:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14837 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
If the dog tag grind is anything like Christmas decoration grind I'll pass and put that effort into the game in December.

Taffer1000 #8 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 20:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38922 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Aug 01 2019 - 08:55, said:

This looks like quite possibly the most mediocre set of anniversary events / missions we've ever seen. It honestly seems like more effort went towards the marketing, then actually planning out the events.

Let's break it down, skipping past the marketing BS and discussing what each event actually is.

Dog Tags: A very simple form of customization that just changes the "Destroyed by" screen you see after you get killed. For those who have post-mortem disabled in the settings, they will never even see this. For those that don't, it's nothing other than a simple visual change on your destruction screen. While extra customization is cool, this is being far over-hyped in the marketing material as something more special than it actual is. This changes practically nothing for the vast majority of players.

Czech Holidays: A mediocre daily set of missions that will feel like just a different kind of "On Track" mission. Whether it's a completely separate game mode (which is highly unlikely) or just an "event" with a set of missions is unclear, but let's be real here. Whenever WG says "simple" missions, you know it's going to be some of the most mind-numbing missions imaginable, that you won't have to use your brain for. Most likely will be along the lines of "Play 5 battles being Top 10."

The fact that they're trying to say "captivating" almost comes across as an insult to their playerbase. WG's "simple" missions have never captivated the attention of anyone, except for maybe the pesky fly that keeps buzzing around that you can't get rid of.

Frontline Episode 7: It's Frontlines... What it has to do with WG's anniversary celebration, I have no idea. Everyone knows Frontline was going to make a return.

Steel Hunter: The fact that the marketing image is of two stock KV-1's paired up against a Tiger 1 sounds very familiar, doesn't it? Almost like Homefront all over again. Considering how grindy and boring Homefront becomes, I have zero enthusiasm towards this game event. Who knows, maybe it will be better... But considering it's launching less than a month after the end of Homefront? I doubt anything will have improved or be better about it.

Festival Calendar: It's just Premium tanks on sale. Don't get your hopes up. Same thing as the "Advent Calendar" that comes around during Christmas time. If you've been wanting to buy some Premiums, then maybe there will be some good deals, but that's all what it is... Premium tanks on sale at a discount.

Frontline Episode 8: Come on WG, you're not even trying. Again, this has nothing to do with a "tank festival" or "WG's anniversary". Only special thing about it is that you can finally redeem the top rewards for your prestige points, but again... What does this have to do with the "anniversary celebration"? Absolutely nothing.

Tank Races: FINALLY something to look forward to! In developer interviews, WG had mentioned several times that they were working on creating a new game mode similar to the old Chaffee races. If the Tank Races are anywhere near as fun as the old Chaffee races were, then it doesn't matter what the rewards are, it should just be a very fun event to play in. I genuinely loved the old Chaffee races, as did most people when they first came around.

I just have to wonder what the maps / tank selection will be like for the game mode, but as long as they kept the basic principle the same from the Chaffee races, and just expanded upon it, this should be by far the most fun thing we'll have seen in the game for the past 2+ years.

So, there we go. It's a whole bunch of nothing for the "anniversary celebration". Nothing to be excited for. And, based on the event calendar, we're not even getting consumable / equipment sales either.

The whole "Tank Festival" comes across as a sloppily put together set of mediocre "nothing" events. More effort was placed into the graphics design / webpage design for the event, than the actual event itself. It's almost an insult to the playerbase to be honest. The fact that they had to place both episodes of Frontlines in there as though it was a part of a "special" celebration, should really show just how little substance there actually is to the whole "Tank Festival" BS they're pushing out here.

HOWEVER, Tank Races are something to look forwards to. Unfortunately it's the last thing in the whole 2-month long ordeal, and frankly doesn't seem like it's related to the rest of the "event" at all. Tank Races are really its own separate game mode that I truly believe the vast majority of the playerbase will enjoy playing and should look forwards to. Sadly, it's the only thing to look forwards to here, but damn if it hasn't been anticipated for years now. PogChamp.

If you look at the Steel Hunter picture again you will notice that the KV-1 turret is on a T-43 hull. Same thing with the American and German tank they appear to be combined with different turrets and hulls. Maybe a hint of implementing the mercenaries concept from the consoles? But yeah, the dog tag concept is really stupid and pointless. They should get keep the fun modes and replace the dog tag event with discounts on everything in the in-game and premium stores.

R_ArcWolf #9 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 21:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11475 battles

View PostTaffer1000, on Aug 01 2019 - 20:09, said:

If you look at the Steel Hunter picture again you will notice that the KV-1 turret is on a T-43 hull. Same thing with the American and German tank they appear to be combined with different turrets and hulls. Maybe a hint of implementing the mercenaries concept from the consoles? But yeah, the dog tag concept is really stupid and pointless. They should get keep the fun modes and replace the dog tag event with discounts on everything in the in-game and premium stores.

good catch, looks like a tiger turret on a panther hull.

R2D2CAT #10 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 21:35

Captain

• Players
  • 14886 battles
  • [I_I_F] I_I_F
Well said Skorp, this entire event looks horribly underwhelming, with the exception of Chaffee races. Those bring back memories. :)

Avalon304 #11 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 23142 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostR2D2CAT, on Aug 01 2019 - 13:35, said:

Well said Skorp, this entire event looks horribly underwhelming, with the exception of Chaffee races. Those bring back memories. :)

I mean his assessment is pretty much entirely wrong... but when you have to farm them upvotes by going "Wargaming bad!" I guess thats what you do.

Steel Hunter is the Battle Royale mode from April Fool's a year ago. The Czech event is going to grant tons of blueprint fragments for the Czech tree and will give a special style for the upcoming Skoda T27. The description for the Festival Calender says that you sill see the offers in the client and that you'll be able to add things to your cart if you arent sure if you want to buy them immediately. And we're getting the T-116 as a gift tank.

Scorpiany #12 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 23:39

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36872 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 01 2019 - 15:24, said:

I mean his assessment is pretty much entirely wrong... but when you have to farm them upvotes by going "Wargaming bad!" I guess thats what you do.

Steel Hunter is the Battle Royale mode from April Fool's a year ago. The Czech event is going to grant tons of blueprint fragments for the Czech tree and will give a special style for the upcoming Skoda T27. The description for the Festival Calender says that you sill see the offers in the client and that you'll be able to add things to your cart if you arent sure if you want to buy them immediately. And we're getting the T-116 as a gift tank.

If that's the case, then that's much better than anticipated. However, the website you're using to reference that has next to zero credibly and never cites proper sources; not to mention the numerous times they've been wrong about their "leaks" before, so...

If they're correct this time around, and we have some proper game modes, than I'll take my words back, I'll apologize and I'll be pleasantly surprised. Based on the actual information we have, that's not coming from sketchy third-party leaked sources however, it's more underwhelming and full of mediocrity than not.

I would love it if WG proved me wrong here. I want the game to succeed. But I'm basing my assessment on WG's already existing track record, which usually screams "disappointment". When we get more official information, I'll update my post to reflect it, and again, if I'm wrong, I'll accept it. Frankly, I want to be proven wrong here. But WG's past gives me next-to-no hope in that regard.

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 01 2019 - 23:44.

EchoFiveActual #13 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 23:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 15739 battles
  • [CHAO5] CHAO5

Unless they stay as a permanent thing for players that have them, the the dog tags seem like a massive waste of development time and resources.

Avalon304 #14 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 01:06

Major

• Players
  • 23142 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostScorpiany, on Aug 01 2019 - 15:39, said:

If that's the case, then that's much better than anticipated. However, the website you're using to reference that has next to zero credibly and never cites proper sources; not to mention the numerous times they've been wrong about their "leaks" before, so...

Which website is that? This one?:

https://vk.com/wotclue

The one that actually brought to light all the clues being dropped by the Twitter account that was started a week ago? WoT Express has everything pretty much before any of the normal WoT blogs do. Thats where I go to check my news (there an Rykoszet.info, because if they have it, its usually true).

RickPatton #15 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 05:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33989 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
Ah the races are back! Finally!  I think that is the only thing so far looking into.

Anublister #16 Posted Aug 02 2019 - 15:50

Captain

• Players
  • 68703 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostTaffer1000, on Aug 01 2019 - 19:09, said:

, the dog tag concept is really stupid and pointless. 

You can easily edit quotes you want to include to snip out the stuff you don't want to comment on. Including a whole LONG quote is lazy and insulting to the readers.

Pop_Pop_Apple_Dad_6 #17 Posted Aug 04 2019 - 14:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44724 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
I wouldn't be surprised if the tank races were Togs. :trollface:

Confucious #18 Posted Aug 06 2019 - 15:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6625 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
On the landing page it states that Czech missions begin at 6 CST August 6. There are not there now. What did I miss? Code? Is the date wrong? 

bamberger #19 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 08:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 25974 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

Too much grind this year, too much codes.... I don't like you any more this year than last Warshaming…...

Argon3 #20 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 18:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28979 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Sunday

Completed Daily Codes Friday then none on Saturday

Not allowed at least one per day ticket? Or on Sunday

I have 4 tickets. Will they ever be useful again???

Completed Weekend code Saturday since it must be for both days NOPE just one completion

Sunday

Sitting around grinding wondering wth

I want to make some tickets

NOT a lot of FESTIVAL here WG

Also tagged with KRZY, Festival

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users