Private

• -Players-
  • 1076 battles

the best festival

Kamikaze_Aussie #22 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 11:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 18234 battles
There is too much bling in WOT these days.  I don't even know what the heck is going on anymore.  There is so many missions, events, sales, campaigns, gold, silver, bonds, boosters.  I feel like I am walking into Macy's and just want to puke.

RagnarokBazil #23 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 11:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25407 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostScorpiany, on Aug 01 2019 - 11:55, said:

This looks like quite possibly the most mediocre set of anniversary events / missions we've ever seen. It honestly seems like more effort went towards the marketing, then actually planning out the events.

Let's break it down, skipping past the marketing BS and discussing what each event actually appears to be.

Dog Tags: A very simple form of customization that just changes the "Destroyed by" screen you see after you get killed. For those who have post-mortem disabled in the settings, they will never even see this. For those that don't, it's nothing other than a simple visual change on your destruction screen. While extra customization is cool, this is being far over-hyped in the marketing material as something more special than it actual is. This changes practically nothing for the vast majority of players.

Czech Holidays: A mediocre daily set of missions that will feel like just a different kind of "On Track" mission. Whether it's a completely separate game mode (which is highly unlikely) or just an "event" with a set of missions is unclear, but let's be real here. Whenever WG says "simple" missions, you know it's going to be some of the most mind-numbing missions imaginable, that you won't have to use your brain for. Most likely will be along the lines of "Play 5 battles being Top 10."

The fact that they're trying to say "captivating" almost comes across as an insult to their playerbase. WG's "simple" missions have never captivated the attention of anyone, except for maybe the pesky fly that keeps buzzing around that you can't get rid of.

Frontline Episode 7: It's Frontlines... What it has to do with WG's anniversary celebration, I have no idea. Everyone knows Frontline was going to make a return.

Steel Hunter: The fact that the marketing image is of two stock KV-1's paired up against a Tiger 1 sounds very familiar, doesn't it? Almost like Homefront all over again. Considering how grindy and boring Homefront becomes, I have zero enthusiasm towards this game event. Who knows, maybe it will be better... But considering it's launching less than a month after the end of Homefront? I doubt anything will have improved or be better about it.

Edit: It's been pointed out that the KV-1's have a T-43 hull, rather than the normal KV variant hulls. Possible it will be more interesting than what we've seen so far? Nonetheless, we'll have to see, and given the poor track record of similar game modes, my reservations will remain until we get more information.

Festival Calendar: It's just Premium tanks on sale. Don't get your hopes up. Same thing as the "Advent Calendar" that comes around during Christmas time. If you've been wanting to buy some Premiums, then maybe there will be some good deals, but that's all what it is... Premium tanks on sale at a discount.

Frontline Episode 8: Come on WG, you're not even trying. Again, this has nothing to do with a "tank festival" or "WG's anniversary". Only special thing about it is that you can finally redeem the top rewards for your prestige points, but again... What does this have to do with the "anniversary celebration"? Absolutely nothing.

Tank Races: FINALLY something to look forward to! In developer interviews, WG had mentioned several times that they were working on creating a new game mode similar to the old Chaffee races. If the Tank Races are anywhere near as fun as the old Chaffee races were, then it doesn't matter what the rewards are, it should just be a very fun event to play in. I genuinely loved the old Chaffee races, as did most people when they first came around.

I just have to wonder what the maps / tank selection will be like for the game mode, but as long as they kept the basic principle the same from the Chaffee races, and just expanded upon it, this should be by far the most fun thing we'll have seen in the game for the past 2+ years.

So, there we go. It's a whole bunch of nothing for the "anniversary celebration". Nothing to be excited for. And, based on the event calendar, we're not even getting consumable / equipment sales either.

The whole "Tank Festival" comes across as a sloppily put together set of mediocre "nothing" events. More effort was placed into the graphics design / webpage design for the event, than the actual event itself. It's almost an insult to the playerbase to be honest. The fact that they had to place both episodes of Frontlines in there as though it was a part of a "special" celebration, should really show just how little substance there actually is to the whole "Tank Festival" BS they're pushing out here.

HOWEVER, Tank Races are something to look forwards to. Unfortunately it's the last thing in the whole 2-month long ordeal, and frankly doesn't seem like it's related to the rest of the "event" at all. Tank Races are really its own separate game mode that I truly believe the vast majority of the playerbase will enjoy playing and should look forwards to. Sadly, it's the only thing to look forwards to here, but damn if it hasn't been anticipated for years now. PogChamp.

Czech Holidays: A mediocre daily set of missions that will feel like just a different kind of "On Track" mission. Whether it's a completely separate game mode (which is highly unlikely) or just an "event" with a set of missions is unclear, but let's be real here. Whenever WG says "simple" missions, you know it's going to be some of the most mind-numbing missions imaginable, that you won't have to use your brain for. Most likely will be along the lines of "Play 5 battles being Top 10."

The fact that they're trying to say "captivating" almost comes across as an insult to their playerbase. WG's "simple" missions have never captivated the attention of anyone, except for maybe the pesky fly that keeps buzzing around that you can't get rid of.

More like pay 2 win event if you ask me.. 4 female crew members lol

MagillaGuerilla #24 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 13:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25861 battles

View PostR2D2CAT, on Aug 01 2019 - 21:35, said:

Well said Skorp, this entire event looks horribly underwhelming, with the exception of Chaffee races. Those bring back memories. :)

It says a lot about the state of this so-called TANKS game when the most anticipated event is racing. 

AhijahElGaboor #25 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 21:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 76454 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

OK. Festival is mediocre to say the least. I've done all the events up til Steel Hunter ( almost finished ) and I've only got 7 components. I've earned 401 dog tag tickets. What do you gotta do to get a Component. I need 98 more. Is this a glitch ? or just some stupid carrot bait for a donkey ? I can't find any expaination on how to earn components. They just say " earn them " or " collect them ". Are they hidden in certain maps ? Or do you need some specific results ?

I think grinding tanks is more beneficial than all these stupid modifications on a dog tag. The dog tag means nothing, just as useless as crew skins or decals on a tank.

SailorAndy69 #26 Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Private

• -Players-
  • 3513 battles
can we redeem these prestige points or are you going to make people wait until season 10 of frontlines

Also tagged with KRZY, Festival

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users