Fundamentally Broken

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Hoober #1 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 02:11

Private

• Players
  • 25114 battles
  • [P-F] P-F

I've read a number of topics on the declining population, particularly amongst members with long-standing accounts. I received the emails, and bonuses, requesting I rejoin the ranks after a lengthy break.

This is a big part of why members who played for years have quit and not come back. The system is broken.

tod914 #2 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 64396 battles
I can say with certainty, the game play was much more enjoyable 5 years ago than it is today.

gpc_4 #3 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 02:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 43319 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Welcome to the life of an online game.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 02:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 13895 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
This game is long lived. Exceptionally long lived.

Ratnikk #5 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13273 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
The problem with wargaming is that they run this game as a business and not as what it should be: a game. Their greed killed NA population. There's plenty of free games out there that do well by being entirely f2p.

Pipinghot #6 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:16

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostHoober, on Jul 30 2019 - 20:11, said:

I've read a number of topics on the declining population, particularly amongst members with long-standing accounts. I received the emails, and bonuses, requesting I rejoin the ranks after a lengthy break.

This is a big part of why members who played for years have quit and not come back. The system is broken.

Right... because players never leave other games after playing for years, that never happens.

2011 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2012 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2013 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2014 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2015 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2016 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2017 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2018 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but of course it's really not.

2019 - Someone posts on the forums saying that WoT is dying... but... well... you know....

Christojojo #7 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34719 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 30 2019 - 20:56, said:

This game is long lived. Exceptionally long lived.

Compared to poorly run games yes. Compared to overpriced exceptionally elitist games that were milked to death yes. But games can have longer legs by building a game that has excitement and doesn't feel like you are being milked excessively.  The game feels more and more desperate in their attempts to not only keep us but get more cash from us. I spent my last cent during the Holiday loot boxes erhm surprise mechanics event. I guiltily admit I got carried away. It was fun I spent more than I wanted to but less than I could afford.

I love parts of the game and admittedly everything in life changes. I have to learn to accept that a bit more than I like to admit.

But (surprise, surprise) I feel the game did not fix things that were needed to keep the game competitive. The game could easily have been tweaked for competitive gameplay but the RNG was the killer. From what I remember the unicums at the time said the RNG was in too many things and made the game more of a gambling machine than a real e-sports contender. (If someone else remembers the unicum who was quasi-famous in the forums then banned for posts and chats please tell me.)

I find it unfortunate that the game went more arcade-like  (wheelies with hyper unrealistic physics and uncanny aiming ability) than a more strategic game style based on teams.

Don't get me wrong I like the game enough to still play but I do have a deadline. When my premium is over I will pretty much give up this game for a few months at least, maybe forever (It is hard to quit when you invested so much time and money into a game). I love the comradery, I hate the bouncing my 704 off of a scout more often than even doing a little damage.

When the game is more frustration than fun it is time to leave. It seems like a lot of fellow players are doing the same.

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Hunh !  I like the game much better now than I did 5 years ago...

Christojojo #9 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 03:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34719 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 30 2019 - 21:37, said:

Hunh !  I like the game much better now than I did 5 years ago...

Of course you do. You probably get paid to say that.

YANKEE137 #10 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 04:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 13895 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I don't disagree with you, just pointing out the game has been around a long time. They must be doing something right. What that is, I don't know because a lot of the most recent choices are pretty bad.

ExploratorOne #11 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 04:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15621 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostChristojojo, on Jul 30 2019 - 21:47, said:

Of course you do. You probably get paid to say that.

Just as there are multiple services that hire people to say negative things about companies on the internet.

Christojojo #12 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 02:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34719 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostExploratorOne, on Jul 30 2019 - 22:55, said:

Just as there are multiple services that hire people to say negative things about companies on the internet.

There are. Nicely pointed out. AS for me I am too neutral to be one of those. I would love to make the money though.

leeuniverse #13 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostHoober, on Jul 30 2019 - 18:11, said:

Uh, you do know the actual "SUBJECT" of your post is missing?

Unless you're saying getting emails, bonuses, requests to rejoin the ranks is why members quit, don't come back, and the system is broken?

I, of course, don't think you are saying that...

Anyway, I get your "intent"...

So, ya, in my view most leave due to Wargaming having made tanks perform so badly, then you have the big reasons related to the same which is the "Quick Death", whatever the symptom, be it:

- Arty,

- Slow Tanks,

- Big Guns,

- "op" tanks (which is generally a problem of all other tanks being far too bad, not generally that some tank is "op", it could be just right, it's just that everything else is massive crap),

- Gold Rounds,

- far too low HP levels of tanks,

- power spread between tiers,

etc. etc.

This all was magnified since The Great Physics Nerf.

It's not a coincidence that the massive loss of population started right after that Nerf (the speed nerfs to all tanks, and the two gun performance nerfs).

People, as a rule, don't like things working like crap or their game being over due to a simple mistake thus wasting their time, not being able to enjoy the game some before dying.

There is no "fun" in that.

All of this is why the ONLY tanks I can play now are Lights and some select Mediums.

Everything else, I can't even play as well as I used to play the tanks when I was a much worse player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users