Bug Report - Service button getting glitchy

service button bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jasper_Seven #1 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 06:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23700 battles

There have been a couple of bugs that have persisted through several updates.

One recent one of concern, however, is where I hit the service button, accept the cost for everything, and a consumable that should have been purchased is not showing. The bug is sometimes repeatable. But if I select a different consumable it works fine, and then I can go back and select the original consumable and that works fine.

Just now I hit ok, and didn't load up my ammo.  The tank showed 6/6/7.  I hit the service button again and the typical totals were listed, but the accept button was grayed out, as if everything was already purchased. So, I changed one number, to by one more shell and everything worked fine.

This means, no more quick glance, load and hit battle...  Now I have to start carefully checking to see if a very basic part of the programming is working - one that has worked fine for years...

And no, i'm not going to post a video. 

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 10:23

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostJasper_Seven, on Jul 31 2019 - 05:02, said:

One recent one of concern, however, is where I hit the service button, accept the cost for everything, and a consumable that should have been purchased is not showing. The bug is sometimes repeatable. But if I select a different consumable it works fine, and then I can go back and select the original consumable and that works fine.

Just now I hit ok, and didn't load up my ammo.  The tank showed 6/6/7.  I hit the service button again and the typical totals were listed, but the accept button was grayed out, as if everything was already purchased. So, I changed one number, to by one more shell and everything worked fine.

This means, no more quick glance, load and hit battle...  Now I have to start carefully checking to see if a very basic part of the programming is working - one that has worked fine for years...

First, there's a checkbox above the ammo and above the consumables that allow you to 'automatically' service the vehicle. Yes, I know that there are some with 'reasons' to not check those, but, if it's just a matter of re-supplying your vehicles, those work. And, they happen as soon as you return to the garage after battle.

As for 'reporting' the issue, the forums are a relatively 'good' place to find help that may allow you to fix your issues without having to go through the 'run-around' with Customer Service. However, reporting the issue to CS is the ONLY way WG will be to research and/or fix the issue. My suggest is to do the following:

• take screenshots pointing out the issues you have (if you don't want to edit the images to highlight what they should focus on, use your mouse to help guide their focus)
  • re-name each of the screenshots with some description of what is being shown
  • give detailed information, referencing the screenshots(make sure you attach them to the CS ticket), as to the issue and what steps you've taken as a work-around

You may get a 'cut-n-paste' response. But, if the response you get from CS isn't up to par with what you were hoping for, 're-open' the ticket with more details. I've found the the 2nd or 3rd submission usually gets a positive response.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #3 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14996 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostJasper_Seven, on Jul 30 2019 - 22:02, said:

Unless you post proof, as in video or screenshot, this suggestion is going to be ignored. It's like reporting a hit and run to police with no license plate number, no facial identification and no vehicle description. Nothing anyone can do without some sort of evidence.

Also tagged with service button, bug

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users