Premium World of tanks

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #21 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 15:39, said:

If I do it like that I would never find any sub fee worth it since I have limited down time. That's why I'm look at how much extra you are given for being a premium member and in this case my opinion is that it's not enough for a $10 a month fee

Sounds like your particular situation has you convinced that you should play for free... nothing wrong with that, you can still buy (or win) some premium tanks when you want (or not).  It`s not our job to convince you to buy premium time, after all.

I mean, you don`t even have to play at all.

Whatever you decide,    GLHF

RC_1140 #22 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 63961 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
You can wait for a sale. You can also try tournies, they can be a nice source of gold. If you don't play much you can buy credit (or xp/crew xp or all)  boosters instead. 

Vitamine_D #23 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
  • [SFMD] SFMD

View PostMajorRenegade, on Jul 31 2019 - 19:21, said:

wait till New year eve or black Friday. a year premium often go on sale for half off

If the only way it's ever worth is if it's on sale than this is not a good thing.

Vitamine_D #24 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
  • [SFMD] SFMD

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 31 2019 - 19:41, said:

No problem, I made sure it didn`t require a coupon.      :)

Buying Prem time is the best value for money spent in WoT... some folks just don`t understand how much difference it makes for just ~19 cents per day.

Besides going through the game faster and with less stress what extra are you given for being a premium member? As I see it there is nothing exclusive. And I dont want it to be pay to win either.

VetteTanker #25 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 19:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55637 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-
dont get more then 6 months right now.. They usually offer good deals for Black Friday and Christmas

GenPanzer #26 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 44538 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 13:39, said:

If I do it like that I would never find any sub fee worth it since I have limited down time. That's why I'm look at how much extra you are given for being a premium member and in this case my opinion is that it's not enough for a $10 a month fee

Ok, well then it probably isn't. Keep playing for free. It's doable.

Vitamine_D #27 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
  • [SFMD] SFMD

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jul 31 2019 - 19:44, said:

Sounds like your particular situation has you convinced that you should play for free... nothing wrong with that, you can still buy (or win) some premium tanks when you want (or not).  It`s not our job to convince you to buy premium time, after all.

I mean, you don`t even have to play at all.

Whatever you decide,    GLHF

I know I'm not being forced into anything and I'm not asking to be convinced I was trying to get others opinions and thoughts. I would like to have the current premium benefits but I just don't find it as enough to spend what it costs

Insanefriend #28 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:15

Captain

• Players
  • 45825 battles

I'd have no problem recommending premium time if I thought the money spent went to game up dates.  But with the slow update cycle this game has, I don't know what they do with the cash people give them.  There are simple quality of life improvements that took Wargamming years to implement into the base game that mods had for years.  Things like multi level tank carousel, filters for the ​carousel (It's still missing some that mods have like elite vs not elite tanks), hit directions, hit logs, view range on mini maps, etc...  I know I still want them to have a built in client version of the who has been spotted on the other team thing xvm does so I don't need to try to do a quick head count to see if that blob of spotted tanks up north contained the missing TD I haven't seen on the mini map.  Or the ability to view after battle reports for more then some random amount of time before the game says unable to get data, not sure why this info can't be bundled into the replay file.

Right now really for the cost of premium time and premium tanks if you buy them.  I don't feel the company does a very good job of content releases for those players.  Things like the super slow rebalancing of old tanks or adding of new tanks branches.  Maybe one new map every six months, or fixes and tweaks to current maps.

Other companies manage to do much more in the same time periods at about the same cost monthly. 

Edited by Insanefriend, Jul 31 2019 - 22:29.

Sleeper_has_Awaken #29 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 4625 battles
Its definitely not cheap

MajorRenegade #30 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 13:47, said:

If the only way it's ever worth is if it's on sale than this is not a good thing.

depends how you look at it. To me it worth it money at half price and I make sure i have money in my savings to cover the year premium when it goes on sale every year. And for premium tanks, i don't care that much anymore. I got enough as it is.

Edited by MajorRenegade, Jul 31 2019 - 20:28.

golruul #31 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 20:49

Captain

• Players
  • 22118 battles

View Postgolruul, on Jul 31 2019 - 12:31, said:

I never buy it at full price.

Sometimes there's a sale for a year's worth at $50 or so.  If not, then I buy loot boxes, accumulate gold, then buy a year's worth (at a discount as always) with that gold.

Either way when I get it it comes out to $4 a month or so.

I reread OP and realized I neglected to add commentary whether I think it's worth it.

I think premium time is more than worth it (much, much more) at ~$4 a month (what I usually pay).  As a rough hand wavy guide, premium time cuts down grinds by at least 50% xp wise and much more credit grind wise... all for the low cost of $4 a month.  Is my time (that is saved from grinding) worth >$4 a month?  Yes it is.  Even if it cost $20 a month, it would still be worth it (but I still plan ahead for deals because I'm a cheapskate). 

Is your time saved by getting premium time worth the price?  Only you can make that call.  All I can say is that you shouldn't undervalue your time.

Vitamine_D #32 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 21:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
  • [SFMD] SFMD

View PostTAR_b, on Jul 31 2019 - 19:41, said:

What are you wanting for new content?  In a given year there are new tank lines, new maps, new features and updates to the game... I mean, I wouldn't call that "no new content"

My point is that content is available for free to play and for premium. Premium account does not open up exclusive content.

Vitamine_D #33 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 21:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
  • [SFMD] SFMD

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 31 2019 - 20:15, said:

I'd have no problem recommending premium time if I thought the money spent went to game up dates.  But with the slow update cycle this game has, I don't know what they do with the cash people give them.  There are simple quality of life improvements that took Wargamming years to implement into the base game that mods had for years.  Things like multi level tank carousel, filters for the ​carousel (It's still missing some that mods have like elite vs not elite tanks), hit directions, hit logs, view range on mini maps, etc...  I know I still want them to have a built in client version of the who has been spotted on the other team thing xvm does so I don't need to try to do a quick head count to see if that blob of spotted tanks up north contained the missing TD I haven't seen on the mini map.  Or the ability to view after battle reports for more then some random amount of time rather before the game says unable to get data, not sure why this info can't be bundled into the replay file.

Right now really for the cost of premium time and premium tanks if you buy them.  I don't feel the company does a very good job of content releases for those players.  Things like the super slow rebalancing of old tanks or adding of new tanks branches.  Maybe one new map every six months, or fixes and tweaks to current maps.

Other companies manage to do much more in the same time periods at about the same cost monthly. 

That where my thoughts are with your last line. Other companies/game titles have more for about the same monthly cost

FMC4728 #34 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 21:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 28219 battles

View Postgolruul, on Jul 31 2019 - 14:49, said:

I reread OP and realized I neglected to add commentary whether I think it's worth it.

I think premium time is more than worth it (much, much more) at ~$4 a month (what I usually pay).  As a rough hand wavy guide, premium time cuts down grinds by at least 50% xp wise and much more credit grind wise... all for the low cost of $4 a month.  Is my time (that is saved from grinding) worth >$4 a month?  Yes it is.  Even if it cost $20 a month, it would still be worth it (but I still plan ahead for deals because I'm a cheapskate). 

Is your time saved by getting premium time worth the price?  Only you can make that call.  All I can say is that you shouldn't undervalue your time.

Would you mind describing how you get premium time for $4/month ... can't do the math ... must be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

owlgator #35 Posted Jul 31 2019 - 22:27

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 11:57, said:

What's everyone else's opinion on the price?

What are your thoughts? 

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 12:26, said:

my issue is the game doesn't offer an increase in content for the price of the membership.

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 12:32, said:

But my argument doesn't change, $ 10.12 a month is still in my opinion too high since no new content is given to you.

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 12:39, said:

in this case my opinion is that it's not enough for a $10 a month fee

Since it's pretty clear you're already dead set on not paying for it, why ask for other opinions only to argue (your words) every point?  And as it's been stated 2350873 times, it's not $10/mo.

View PostVitamine_D, on Jul 31 2019 - 12:47, said:

If you know something will be on sale (See: everything at some point) you're a sucker if you pay full price.

DEADTIME #36 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 07:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13310 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS
I ended up getting a metric butt ton of premium time from the Christmas boxs. I'm not even playing anymore and I have like 350 days of premium. Not sure if I can transfer that to another WG game but WOT has left such a bad taste in my mouth I'll probably just let it rot.

Says #37 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 13:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13910 battles
IMO $10 per month is def worth it unless you are sitting on tons of silver and have all the tanks you want.

24cups #38 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 13:43

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
They had a 50% off sale I think 3 years ago on Black Friday that I took advantage of but that may have been a mistake as it was never repeated.
I use 30% coupons to get premium time and then augment it with whatever I get in Christmas loot boxes.

golruul #39 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 16:29

Captain

• Players
  • 22118 battles

View PostFMC4728, on Jul 31 2019 - 14:54, said:

Would you mind describing how you get premium time for $4/month ... can't do the math ... must be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

I got it two ways. 

WG straight up offered a year of premium time for <$50.  This happened twice from what I recall.  I purchased it twice.

Second way is via loot boxes during Xmas time.  Last year I bought a bunch (75 for $100) and did bad -- no tier 8 premiums.  However, I still ended up with around 500 gold per dollar.  Using this gold combined with discounts every so often on premium-time-for-gold (15% off for a total of 20400), you get about $41 dollars for a year's worth of time.  This is probably the ceiling of how much it would cost considering I had bad luck on loot boxes and didn't get any tier 8 premiums.  The previous year I got around 700 gold per dollar so a year's worth of time cost even less (around $30).

You need to plan ahead to pounce on good deals like this.

GeneralHeinz #40 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 20:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 119990 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

No.

Step 1.  Designate a grind day.

Step 2.  Complete a personal mission with premium time

Step 3.  Use xp boosters.

Step 4.  Grind for 24 hours = profit.

Also tagged with Premium, World of tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic