Stream - Streaming Codes - Very Bad

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 10:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3463 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Okay I am sure I am not the only one who has seen one of the events for this month, Stream Chain Missions (given out on Tues and Thurs) on discord.  It will be announced before the livestream.  Okay you are thinking, not bad, I can get the code from someone if I miss the feed or can't watch it at the time scheduled.

Those who thought the redeem codes were bad, well meet it evil twin.  The code shown will only be good for the first 500 people.  Yep, 500 people.  So if you can't type get back in line.  If you can type but someone beats you continue watching.

I thought the point of this game is to play it and not have to sit on discord 24 hours in hope of catching a code, while we watch what probably isn't of much interest to many and we just want the code so we can get playing.  Some will enjoy the activities on discord, just saying I am sure I am not the only person out of this community who isn't thrilled with the concept.  It then mentions how the missions won't be the same as what those who are in the first 500 each t/th when they start the livestream.  Wargaming's own wording, " they just won't be as robust".  I hear that it means unstable, kinks and bugs possible, unable to complete as well.

Why do we have to do this watch tv on our computers/laptop/super computer or whatever, to get codes and if we aren't in that first 500, then we have to wait for the next code to be given out.  So get out your most comfortable chair, get your macros on your gaming keyboard ready, have browser open to the code redeem page, and discord in the other as we now race to get the codes.

Are you going to be able to give out enough codes for your total number of players that play at any time of the day any time of the week.  You don't mention if it is only for certain servers, like NA only or what.  I can see why people grip and about the having to enter codes rather than they just be there in your account instead or one code to activate all the codes for the week or month.

1Cavman #2 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 12:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37146 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
Gonna pass on this... What a pain in the A..

Atragon #3 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 12:26

Major

• Players
  • 43481 battles
Its about community involvement and drawing the player base closer together. Its not about your feeling of entitlement.

GenPanzer #4 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 12:53

Major

• Players
  • 44612 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostAtragon, on Aug 01 2019 - 06:26, said:

Its about community involvement and drawing the player base closer together. Its not about your feeling of entitlement.

No, it's about alienating your player base all in the name of bribing for views, which for a large company like WoT, is extremely cheap and tacky.

Whatever.

To the OP, and anyone else: They are not making you watch, or enter any codes. The codes are your want, the views on streams are their want. How bad do you want those codes?

Personally, I do not want them that bad. I don't have the time or desire to watch someone else play a game I can be playing myself. Now if they stream while I'm at work, I might be able to catch a peek, since I can't play while I'm there, lol.

Ahrtoo #5 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 13:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 37528 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Turning even the enabling of missions into a grind....

GWyatt #6 Posted Aug 01 2019 - 13:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4003 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostAtragon, on Aug 01 2019 - 06:26, said:

This is what it is all about, to get the community involved. If you don't want to be involved nor have the time to watch, you don't get the codes. You are not entitled to free stuff just because you want it; they are entitled to receive something in exchange for what they give out. I just hope they never go so far as youtube and the like, throwing up advertisements between battles. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users